Mitsubishi WS-55613

896 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tapas
THANK YOU! THANK YOU LARRY!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU LARRY!!!!

I received your detailed Word Document just an hour ago with step by step instructions and actual photos and close-ups of the DM replacement procedure. You made it so simple, even a child can follow it.

I wish all service manuals were as lucid and self explanatory.

You have done a remarkable job with this document. I read through it, followed each step and got my DM module out in just under 30 minutes. I could never have mustered the courage doing this myself just by reading the Service Manual. You mention a lot of extra steps and details that are left out in the Service Manual.

Your document is a lifesaver for non-technical people.

Just as you have shown in your pictures, I found the culprits right away. I too had these same 4 bulging Capacitors. They looked exactly like the ones you encountered. Without being able to compare with your pictures, I would never have guessed that the capacitors were dead. The bulge on the top face is very subtle.

I am so thankful I found this site and your helpful instructions.

The DM Module replacement through Mitsubishi would have cost me around $1200. All for the cost of replacing 4 capacitors totaling less than $6.

Craig Rounds from the Home Theater Spot Forum has offered to help me with replacing the 4 capacitors. I will be shipping the DM board out to him. I will take your advice and not attempt the soldering job myself. I have no experience with the soldering iron. The circuit is pretty dense. This requires precision skills.

Thank you once again Larry for being such a helpful person and sharing your expertise with all of us in this forum.

Best regards,

Tapas

Larry Dillon
Well thank you so much for

Well thank you so much for your compliments!  I found this fix online and thought it would assist  alot of folks.  BTW as I said it was not my fix but I do have it to send to peeps who may have the same problem.  Thanks for the response though. Make sure you tell all your family and friends about techlore.com

jhahn
I have the same problem as

I have the same problem as well on a WS-65613.  I replaced the capacitors and it did not work for me.  I don't know why as it seems to work for everyone on several forums.  Would you please send the instructions to me as well?

[email protected]

Thanks,

Jim

Larry Dillon
jhahn, This could very well

jhahn, This could very well the same problem BUt it could also be something completely differant as you, I am sure have seen in the previous post, so  Please check all possibilities first.  I will send you the DM Board fix .  Good Luck and let us know how this turns out and what you did to repair your set or if you had a repair shop do it for you.

pat_killianey
Folks,

Folks,

I can't thank you folks enough!  I had the same problem with my WS-55613 TV.  It was only 16 months old - 4 months out of warranty.  (Mitsubishi would only refer me to a repair shop... who never called me back.)  I replaced the capacitors myself, and the TV works again!

At this point, I just want to make this set limp along for another 2 years.  That'll give me time to save up for a new set.

Pat

Larry Dillon
pat, thank you for getting

pat, thank you for getting back to us requarding the repair of your Mistsubishi projection TV set. I am glad you repaired it on your own. saved yourself some nices bucks. Hope it last you for awhile now, as it should if you used the hi temp capacitors.

fubardyn
Larry, I received the DM

Larry, I received the DM board fix. I will try to find some time this weekend to get it to it. Thanks for the help. Chris

kenyichu
Could you please email me the

Could you please email me the detailed instructions with pictures on how to remove the DM Module? I have a Mitsubishi WS-55613 TV with the constant blinking green LED problem.

Whats the differnce between 1000 UF 35V CAP and 1000 UF 16V CAP?

Would there be any problems in the future for using 1000 UF 35V CAP?

My email address is

[email protected]

THANK YOU

giancarlo
hey Larry, thanks for your

hey Larry, thanks for your helpful information. Unfortunately my MItsu HDTV suffers from the green light problem as well. can you email those step-by-step instructions and photos please? [email protected] . i'm gonna fix it myself. thanks again.

Larry Dillon
kenyichu, The difference is

kenyichu, The difference is that one capacitor will handle more voltage then the other. Just make sure that this is your problem as there are alot of other issues with these TV sets that cause the same exact problem. Now remember, this fix will help you do this DM board repair, if that is the problem, but if you have no soldering experience, please call in a pro or have a friend who has the soldering experience help you do this repair. if the capacitors are not sweelling at the tops as the diagram shows does not mean that the capacitors are good. Good Luck and let us know how thisa turns out for you

rafael
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!  I DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU GUYS TOLD ME TO DO AND BLAMMO!!!!! THIS KID HAS HIS 65IN HDTV BACK IN ACTION.

I would just like to add that if any of you have this problem, you should get the 1000 @25v instead of the 16v.  The 25v will be able to withstand the heat and power surges better than the 16v. 

Again i would like to thank Larry and Chuckleberry very much for all the information they provided me.

My television is back in action for a near 30 bucks.... Way better than the 1200 bucks the repair guy wanted to charge me... Thanks so much fellas.

Rafael

Larry Dillon
rafael, thank you for those

rafael, thank you for those kind words, all I ask is you spread the word about techlore.com.

kenyichu
These are the pictures I took
Larry Dillon
kenyichu, These pictures are

kenyichu, These pictures are not from the DM board, Does your set have a DM board?  Did you look at the pictures I sent to you, as those capacitors are inside of a shielded board that you have to disassemble, and are all grouped together.

giancarlo
Hello, i have a Mitsubishi ws

Hello, i have a Mitsubishi ws-65613 that has the green light problem. Can i get a copy of the Dm Mod fix w/ pics please? Thanks alot. 

Giancarlo

Larry Dillon
Sure where would you like me

Sure where would you like me to mail it to. Just make sure that this is your problem as there are alot of other issues with these TV sets that cause the same exact problem. Now remember, this fix will help you do this DM board repair, if that is the problem, but if you have no soldering experience, please call in a pro or have a friend who has the soldering experience help you do this repair. If the capacitors are not swelling at the tops as the diagram shows does not mean that the capacitors are good. Good Luck and let us know how this turns out for you

giancarlo
ok thanks, my email address

ok thanks, my email address is [email protected]. i have a friend whose Mom solders for a living, so i'm gonna have her doctor it up. thanks for everything, i'll let you know how it went.  

giancarlo

oops, my email address is [email protected] . i forgot the 2, my bad, thanks

kenyichu
hi larry, i didn't receive

hi larry, i didn't receive your pictures and i don't know where the DM board at ?  also the capacitors on the pictures that i send to you, did they looks bad to you, because i see there is something on them (leaking out).  THANKS AGAIN !!

Larry Dillon
I sent the fix to you my

I sent the fix to you my friend but will again. Like I said those pictures are not the DM board, and those pictures you sent of the capacitors, that is not somthing that leaked out of those capcitors, that is silicon that the manufactirer puts on the capcitors for holding them together. The file is on its way again. Good luck

kenyichu
thanks larry, i got your e

thanks larry, i got your e-mail. and thank you for let me know that there wasn't leak on those capacitors.

Larry Dillon
giancarlo, concider it done!

giancarlo, concider it done! The DM board repair is on it's way!

kenyichu
hi larry, i just bought 4

hi larry, i just bought 4 1000uf 35v caps from radio shack. they were a little bigger than the original ones, and when you install them on the board they touch each other. is that ok???

kenyichu
hi larry, my tv is working

hi larry, my tv is working now.  thank for all your help,  but there is one problem: the tv screen has 3D image, please tell me what did i do wrong?    thanks again!!!

Phil B
Larry

Larry

I think I have the same problem with the blinking green light. Can you send me the instructions everyone is referring to for fixing the DM Module?  I will crack open the TV and take a look.

I have no solder experience so I plan to take the board to a repair shop.  With the document and the board in hand should any TV repair place be able to fix this?

Thank you

email: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Phil, I have sent you the DM

Phil, I have sent you the DM board repair sheets.  Hope this helps as it has many others here.  Good luch and let us know how you make out with this repair.

Larry Dillon
kenyichu,  Make sure you did

kenyichu,  Make sure you did not partly pull one of the plugs out somewhere on the printed circuit board.  If thats not the problem, look at the convergence IC's and make sure you have plus and minus 24 volts on each one of them.

BK62
I may have the same problem.

I may have the same problem. I have a Mitsubishi WS-55813 bought in July of 2004. It has never intermittently shut down. In fact, I haven't had any problems with it at all.

But, today I went to turn it on and it was completely unresponsive - i.e. it would not power up at all. I unplugged it and replugged it in, watched the green light on the front panel blink as expected. When the light stopped blinking, I tried to turn it on but it still wouldn't power up. I repeated this exercise a couple of times with the same results. Next, I tried the system reset but it still won't power up. Note that the green light blinks for about 1 minute after plugging in the TV and then shuts off for good in all cases.

Do you think I have the same problem? If so, can you email me the full instructions with the pictures ? Thanks in advance for your help!

email: [email protected]

Tapas
THANK YOU LARRY!!!

THANK YOU LARRY!!!

Your brilliant write up and detailed instructions with pictures saved me a ton of cash.

I had the 4 caps replaced on my DM module and now my Mitsubishi WS-55813 TV boots up fine.

This TV has a manufacturing date of November 2003. About a year back, I began noticing problems. During normal operation, the TV would suddenly shut itself off and the green light on the front panel would begin to blink rapidly. A simple reset from the front panel would usually fix it, however last month the blinking became permanent. The DM module would not boot.

I used your instructions to extract the DM module from the chassis. I could see the 4 capacitors had bulged out. I took your advice and decided to leave the soldering job to an expert. The circuitry is pretty dense.

I contacted Craig Rounds, Senior Editor of the Home Theater Spot Forum. He offered to fix my DM board. I placed the DM board inside an ant-static bag, bubble wrapped it and shipped it to him.  Craig replaced the 4 caps the very same day he got my UPS shipment, and shipped it back the same day. 

I call this super service!!!!

Mitsubishi would have charged around $1200 for parts and labor to replace the DM Module.

I am happy to report the good news that I installed the DM board this evening and it booted in 54 seconds. The TV is now functioning normally. I am thrilled. None of my original settings were disturbed. All my convergence and user settings were intact.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for their hard work in finding a fix for this common problem.

Regards,

Tapas

huhe
Larry, can you email the

Larry, can you email the article with all of the pictures? My email is [email protected]. Thanks a lot.

Pages

Connect With Techlore