Mitsubishi WS65869 Flashing Green Light

202 posts / 0 new
Last post
big jim
Mitsubishi WS65869 Flashing Green Light

I too have the flashing green light problem on my Mitsubishi WS 65869, I'm hoping that Mr Dillon or someone can e-mail me instructions on how too replace the capacitors that cause this problem. My e-mail is [email protected]    Thanks for the help!

Larry Dillon
You need to make sure you

You need to make sure you have the right model number when asking for help please. Your other thread you posted has an unknown model number. I will send out the repair information on this model number along with the factory service manual. Good Luck with the repair.

IFIXORANGECRAP
I have already changed the

I have already changed the capacitors in the DM module and it didnt solve the problem.

WS 65869

I feel this problem is in the shut down protection circuit. Seems like the power supply will not stay on.

After i plug the tv in,I wait 70 sec for the timmer light to go out. I can pull a code 12. when I push the power button I can hear the relay K9A50 click,cycling on and off. There is voltage at the horizontal out put transister wich comes and goes with the click.

I havent checked for HV output but I can hear the whine of HV when the set clicks on, but no picture or sound.Then is clicks off.

If I unplug the yoke conector the set just clicks on then powers off and stays off.

Is there a common resistor that opens some where?I have checked Q5A51 and it tests good. I have the sevice manual.

[email protected]

clarence resg
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with the flashing timer and tv not turning on. Please email the instructions at [email protected]

Newt099
Hello, I am experiencing the

Hello, I am experiencing the same problem now with the flashing light on my WS-65869.  Could you please email me the repair information.

Thanks,

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
I will have those out to you

I will have those out to you in a little bit. GoodLuck

EricO
Hey there,

Hey there,
I am also experiencing the blinking green light on my WS65869; could you please email the repair information Mr. Dillon. Thanks in advance for your time.
Eric

EricO
Sorry Larry

Sorry Larry
Please send it to [email protected]

Boxermom333
I am new here, but I see a

I am new here, but I see a discussion of the Mitsubishi ws65869 and a blinking green light is not only my personal problem. We had a power surge at the house and new the green blinking timer light continues to flash and the TV won't turn on. "Reset system" button will turn it off as it is pushed but returns when I pull back. I unplugged it overnight, but the green light kept pulsing at me when I plugged it in this morning. Anyone out there have some suggestions before I call in a TV repair guy that will most likely blow my budget this month? Thanks in advance for your help.

Larry Dillon
There is no easy fix for this

There is no easy fix for this I'm afraid except for replacing like seven capacitor's inside the DM module. If you have no solid star repair experience, play it safe and call out an experienced AUTHORIZED repair tech. Good Luck!

Boxermom333
My husband is an IT guy and

My husband is an IT guy and pretty handy in the technical dept. Would you be able to send me those repair instructions the other members were talking about? If so, please send to [email protected]. Thank you!!

Larry Dillon
On it's way boxermom. Good

On it's way boxermom. Good luck with the repair.

Gmaster
Hello all - I've got a

Hello all - I've got a WS65869 with what would appear to be a problem with one of the convergence modules - I've got a "half bow tie" effect with blue, bowing only on the top. From my other reading it sounds like probably a loose solder joint - I'm wondering if anyone has a service manual or schematic that I can use to help locate the chips to check? I'm fairly handy with a soldering iron, just not exactly sure where to find the right chips. I believe they are STK-392's. My email is jbbair [at] gmail.com if anyone has a manual or diagram. Many thanks in advance!

Jeff

Gmaster
Update - I was wrong, my

Update - I was wrong, my WS65869 has one convergence modeule, an STK393-110 - I located it, FINALLY, but can't get the main chassis out to check the solder joints or replace. From the back, I've got the main chassis loose and ready to slide out on the right side but the left side is down solid like I'm missing a screw that needs removed or something. I opened the front to check the retaining clips, which is how I managed to get to the convergence chip on the back side of the big heat sink. Now I'd really like to either remove the middle board or slide out the whole chassis so I can get a look at the solder joints. Any help is greatly appreciated - jbbair [at] gmail.com

Update - now I've tinkered a bit, wiggling the heat sink to see if I can get the convergence to come back as I've heard others do. Unfortunately, I'm getting the "turn on for two seconds, then shut down" problem. Help?!?!

eric2putt
Larry,

Larry,

I'm having the same problem with the flashing timer and tv not turning on. My model is WS65869, will you please email me the repair instructions and the service manual? My email address is [email protected]. Thanks

eric2putt
Larry,

Larry,

I haven't received the repair instructions or manual. Can you still help?

Larry Dillon
I sent them out to you a

I sent them out to you a couple of weeks ago I think. I will try it again. Good Luck!

eric2putt
Larry,

Larry,

Are you possibly sending them to the other Eric that was looking for them back in April? Will you try one more time to both [email protected] and [email protected]? Sorry for the confusion.

Eric

eric2putt
Still didn't get them. Can

Still didn't get them. Can you try again?

Larry Dillon
No confusion man, I know what

No confusion man, I know what I am doing. I will try again. I do not understand why you are not getting them.

Kgamble
I hope this is the right

I hope this is the right section. I have a WS65869, and Larry has been kind enough to send me the repair docs, back in March. I successfully changed the seven caps, and the set worked, until now. It is out again, and I have changed the caps again, and a fuse, but now it has a mind of its own, works sometimes, blinks sometimes, I have even noticed when it's not on, it will reset itself. When I am able to get to the error codes, it blinks 1-2, which I believe it is fine. Does anyone know what my problem could be? I have read that the IC causes problems, but would that affect the power? Anyone that has had to further trouble shoot after the cap replacement please point me in the right direction.

Boxermom333
Just as a follow up. Larry,

Just as a follow up. Larry, thanks for the instructions. My husband felt more comfortable with a repair tech we have used in the past to look at the TV. It turns out that the DM board was bad. Needed to send out to rebuild. It takes 3-4 weeks and $500 to repair and install if you go with a repair technician. Just thought I would give people an idea of cost and time.

L Morey
My 72" model number 73909

My 72" model number 73909 shut itself off and will not start. Based on everything I have heard in this blog I am thinking it is the same problem
as the other models are experiencing. Hit the power button, green light illuminates approximately 5 - 10 sec then shuts off. Mr Dillon can you please
send me a copy of the instructions for this repair as well? I appreciate your
help as I am sure everyone does.
Have a wonderful day.
Lois

L Morey
Nothing like screwing up :)

Nothing like screwing up :) Mr Dillon my email address is [email protected]
Thanks

Larry Dillon
The repair directions I have

The repair directions I have is for the contiuously blinking green light, you probably have a convergence problem.

kpwang
Larry,

Larry,

Can you send me the fix for the Mits WS65869 blinking green light. Thank you.
[email protected]

Rustman
I feel like I just joined a

I feel like I just joined a pretty big club of folks that have suffered the flashing green light of death.  I thought I had the instructions but it must be for a different Mitsubishi model.  Mr. Dillon or anyone that has gotten help previously, can you send the repair instructions?  I overnighted a bunch of Panasonic 1000uf radial caps from Digikey, so I hope they're the right ones!  Have TV open and am scratching my head.

Larry Dillon
rustman to where man! you

rustman to where man! you forget somthing?

leoduran
I could use the instructions

I could use the instructions for fixing the blinking light problem too (model ws-65869). You can send them to leoduran at hotmail dot com.

Thanks in advance!

kpwang
Mitz WS 65869 Dreaded Green

Mitz WS 65869 Dreaded Green Blinking Light - Follow up. I had unplugged the tv during a lightning storm and replugged it about 2 weeks later. Then, the dreaded green blinking light. Thanks Larry for your help. We fixed our TV with your pictures, instructions, and your link to Mouser for the capacitors. After getting out the daughter board and seeing how small everything was, we were afraid to try the soldering so took the capacitors and the daughter board to our local tv man to unsolder the old ones and solder in the new capacitors (7 in all). Our old capacitors looked fine. Another thing about this fix is that we were unable to bring in the over-the-air digital channels for about 3 years now. After the fix, they are coming in again. $9.72 for the capacitors (we ordered 10) and $20 to the tv mam! Total cost, less than $30. We are very happy. Thank you so much.

Robby Simmons
Hi Larry, I would also

Hi Larry, I would also apreciate getting these instructions.  My friend has a WS65869 with the aparrent DM board issue.  Any help you may provide will be greatly appreciated!   Thanks

Robby

Pages

Connect With Techlore