Hi Larry-

Hi Larry-

Model WS65869

We've just been told by a tech that the cause of our

SpringMount
Hi Larry- (take 2)

Hi Larry- (take 2)

Model WS65869

We've just been told that the cause of our "flashing green light" is a bad DM board and the cost to fix is ~ $900, IF they can get parts? He says Mitz isn't making them any more? I'll buy a new TV first.

Wondering if your instructions might help me fix the problem; it certainly can't hurt 'cause otherwise it's going to the landfill.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thanks,
Larry

Larry Dillon
I need somewhere to send you

I need somewhere to send you the repair docs, e-mail.?

Chris619
Hey Larry, I too just started

Hey Larry, I too just started having the flashing green light on my mitsu ws-65869, and was getting ready to toss the tv for a new one. If you can send me the repair instructions please. Thanks.

cpante@gmaildotcom

SpringMount
Sorry, 'bout that.

Sorry, 'bout that.

[email protected]

Thanks!

paige
Still no repair docs guessing

Still no repair docs guessing I should just scrap it. What do I have to do to get repair info for my WS65869?

[email protected]

Biker Don
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

Please add me to the club of people that have suffered the flashing green light of death. We have the WS65869 purchased in 2002. All was good until we had a power outage 3 days ago. Now flashing green and won't reset. Can you please send the repair instructions? [email protected]

Thanks for your help!!

native_image
hello,

hello,
I have th 65'' ws-65869 also with the blinking light. could someone also email me the repair manual and instructions. thanks

oneofthose
Hey there Larry, I own the

Hey there Larry, I own the Mitsubishi WS-65869 and the green blinking light has been an issue for about a year and a half now. I was hoping you can send me instructions on how to fix that problem because I really am tired of watching TV on the 26

Scott_Reese
Greetings Larry:

Greetings Larry:

If you could forward me a copy of the repair instructions for my WS-65869 I would appreciate it. Apparently the going lifetime of capacitors is about 7 years.

Thanks.

Scott
[email protected]

native_image
hello sorry but i forgot to

hello sorry but i forgot to put my email address down for the instructions on repairing the ws-65869 blinking green light. my email address is [email protected]. thanks for the help. it is greatly appreciated.
Marcus

mick g
that happend to my tv could

that happend to my tv could you pleasesend me the docs, [email protected]

mick g
i also have the blinking

i also have the blinking light issue could you please emailme the 7 caps locations, [email protected]

Hennessey
Hey Larry I have the

Hey Larry I have the mitsubishi WS-65869 and I have the same blinking light problem. Please send me the email! it will be greatly appreciated [email protected]

Joey78
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have the green blinking light too. Will you please send reapair instructions to [email protected]?

Thanks,

Joe

gp327
I have a 2004 Mitsubish WS

I have a 2004 Mitsubish WS-55613. I have the flashing green power light that will not reset. Could you send me the instructions on the repair of the DM board?
Thanks
Greg
[email protected]

gp327
I have 2004 WS-55613 with the

I have 2004 WS-55613 with the flashing power light. Could you send me the info on replacing the DM board parts?[email protected]

Bum Mits
Joey78 said: Hi Larry, I have

Joey78 said: Hi Larry, I have the green blinking light too. Will you please send reapair instructions to [email protected]? Thanks, Joe

Larry could I get the instructions for the blinking light repair on a 65869? Also, will 50v capasitors work if they are still 1000u and 105C? I know they are a little larger but they can fit...

Larry Dillon
on there way!if the caps fit.

on there way!if the caps fit. the higher voltage is not a worry or an issue. the high in some cases the better!!! not am issue in most. the big issue here is the 105C, THE HIGH TMP CAPS.

Omar
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I too have a WS-65869 with the blinking timer light, Can you please send me the instructions? Thank you!

mhdena
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
on there way!if the caps fit. the higher voltage is not a worry or an issue. the high in some cases the better!!! not am issue in most. the big issue here is the 105C, THE HIGH TMP CAPS.

I replaced the caps, though the ones I replaced still read 960-1000. The set turns on for 2 min and then turns off while the light blinks for about 90 sec.

What is the next fix?

mhdena
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

I replaced the caps, though the ones I replaced still read 960-1000. The set turns on for 2 min and then turns off while the light blinks for about 90 sec.

What is the next fix?

Larry Dillon
check F9A04 and F8A05 if

check F9A04 and F8A05 if these are bad, first replace the convergence IC

Larry Dillon
check F9A04 and F8A05 if

Larry Dillon
check F9A04 and F8A05 if

Bum Mits
Bum Mits said:

Bum Mits said:

Joey78 said: Hi Larry, I have the green blinking light too. Will you please send reapair instructions to [email protected]? Thanks, Joe

Larry could I get the instructions for the blinking light repair on a 65869? Also, will 50v capasitors work if they are still 1000u and 105C? I know they are a little larger but they can fit...

Thanks to Larry and this all who have contributed to this site! My 65869 is operating perfectly after I removed the seven (7) capasitors on the DM daughter board and replaced them with 1000u, 50v, 105C capasitors. The 50v caps were larger, but they went in fine. The caps were not bulging and had no sign of any defects. I removed the entire "metal box" by unplugging the leads after carefully marking thier original location. I bought the caps locally at Fry's electronics in the DFW, TX area. They were overpriced at $3.89 each, but worth it not having to ship and wait!  I cleaned 8 years of dust off the lenses while my TV was apart, and it made a huge improvement!  This repair could be done in an hour easy if you had the parts on hand and had read hear first. All that is needed is desoldering braid ($3), 7 capasitors, a small amount of solder, and a 30 watt soldering gun.

fried mits
please email me the

please email me the instructions. i have the blinking timer light as well and it really sucks.
[email protected]
TIA

Omar
Larry, Can you please email

Larry, Can you please email me the instructions @ [email protected] . I ordered the hightemp caps from www.parts-express.com. I just need the instructions now. Thank you for your time!

DamianTaimi
Happy New Year to all. I seem

Happy New Year to all. I seem to be having the same problem with the blinking green light on my WD-62525. I was hoping someone could help me by sending those repair instructions to [email protected]. Greatly appreciated.

Mizzou Will
I finally got my TV to work

I finally got my TV to work but changing the Capacitors and Thermal sensor didn't do the trick. I figured out the whole problem after reading a Mitsubishi tech manual.

The Problem:
Mits DLP TV has two microprocessors, PC and DM, that communicate with each other. Normally when the TV powers up the DM processor is waiting for a request from the PC processor and communication is established. After a power surge, the boards may lose communication with each other. Each processor sends out a request and waits for a response from the other processor, bad idea. The problem is each board is waiting for a response at the same time. Microprocessors canÂ’t receive a request when it sending a request. So either processor get the request cause they both sending out a request at the same time then listen at the same time. If the processors donÂ’t get a response, they reset each other, even worse idea. The reset put the processors right back where they started. This is why the front reset button does not work. THE MICROPROCESSORS HAVE A TIMING CYCLE PROBLEM WHICH IS COMMON IN DIGITAL CIRCUITS AFTER A POWER SURGE OR BAD SHUTDOWN, WHICH IS WHY THIS AFFECTS SO MANY DIFFERENT MODELS. Mitsubishi should of never allowed both microprocessors the ability to reset the other. Only one processor should be able to reset the other and the other processor should always be waiting for a request after communication loss.

The Solution:
1. Power the TV on and wait for the blinking green light to stop.
2. Press input and menu at the same time and make sure you have error code 12
If you donÂ’t get this error code you have a different problem.
3. Press all the front panel buttons on the TV one at a time, except the reset button and power button.
This sends a system command to one of the processors and interrupts the processors from waiting for a response. After the processor is done with the system command request, it sends a request to the other processor that is waiting.
4. Hit the power button on the TV and it should fire up.
If it doesnÂ’t work repeat step 3 and 4 several times. When the processor was done with the system command request, it sent a request to the other processor but the other processor was sending a request too. The trick is to get the processors off the same timing pattern. If after several times it didnÂ’t work you probably need to replace the caps since the power surge burned them out.

Misc:
Some people change their caps and get the TV to work and some donÂ’t. The microprocessors continue to be hung up after you unplug the TV because the caps act as batteries. The microprocessors still have a timing problem because the processors never stop working. These microprocessors are low power which means these caps can keep them powered up for days. This is why some people get their TV to work after days of sitting in the corner, unplugged. If you remove good caps from the DM board, the TV might fire up because you removed the processors power supply on the DM board and they are on the correct timing cycle after you changed them.
If you have a power surge and it burns out your caps you get the blinking green light of death. If it didnÂ’t burn them out, then you get a timing problem and you get the same blinking green light of death. Therefore, the blinking green light of death can be cause by a timing problem or bad caps or both.

FYI:
Put the TV in low energy mode. This allows the DM processor to shut off when the TV is off. During power up, the DM processor has to wait for a signal from the PC processor. After a power surge, the processors wonÂ’t care if they lost communication cause the DM processor has to power up from scratch and wait for the PC processor. This should fix any future blinking green light of death.

Good Luck,
Will
Mizzou Engineering Graduate

Pages

Connect With Techlore