Mitsubishi WD-62825 Blinking Green Light

668 posts / 0 new
Last post
mark in las vegas
Great. Look forward to

Great. Look forward to reading thru it. I was able to get the chasis out using the mitsu service manual, and I've taken the metal sheilds off to expose the power board and what little can be seen of the other boards. There were two caps that are probably bad on the power board. That may be it. I never got to the GBLOD, just the "static" appearing lines before I shut the tv down off. I'll read thru your stuff and move on from there. Thanks again. I'll let you know what happens.

lldan
ON first incoming power board

ON first incoming power board check all diodes by your largest capacitors. If they are good suspect caps.

Tarace
Well I had the green light

Well I had the green light Dow all I have is the red light I replaced a cap on the power board and two on the fm board what the heck else cowld it be ?????

AndrewC
I have the blinking green

I have the blinking green light on a mistsubishi wd-62825, and the tv will not turn on. I unplugged and also resetted, but no luck. what do I do to fix? I am a novice at fixing tvs.

AndrewC

I have the blinking green light on a wd-62825, and the tv will not turn on. what do I do to fix. I am a novice at fixing tvs

keithw64
buddy just gave me his

buddy just gave me his wd62825. has the blinking green light. seems like it is not the only one in town with this problem. he had it in the shop for 1 year as the place waited to find a dm board that they say it needs. he got a new unit and gave me this one. i would appreciate the repair instructions that i read that larry has available. possibly i can get this thing going for not too much money before i junk it. sounds like the sony wega that they threw away at work that was 1 1/2 years old. i figured it cant be that bad and found out that it was also a piece of junk and trashed it like they did a work. sad that an old triniton would last 12 years and a new one is junk in 1 1/2. help is greatly appreciated.

rifle88
I am experiencing the same

I am experiencing the same green flashing light. I was able to unplug and hold the power button in the past but this time that is not working. Can you send me the instructions as well? [email protected]

Thank you

rifle88

I have the blinking green light of death now and in the past I was able to get by this problem by unplugging the tv then holding the power down for a minute or so and after a few minutes the light would stop however that is no longer fixing the issue. Can you send me the instructions you have sent out so many times before?

Chris STL
Mr. Dillon,

Mr. Dillon,

I have a 4-5 year old Mitsubishi WD-52725 and have been having this blinking light problem for a while now. Usually a few resets and it will come on, but not anymore. Can you also send me the instructions and anything else that I can do to my TV to keep it running.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Chris STL
Mr. Dillon,

Mr. Dillon,

I have a 4-5 year old Mitsubishi WD-52725 and have been having this blinking light problem for a while now. Usually a few resets and it will come on, but not anymore. I have been reading some posts from 2007 and was hoping you were still around for some guidence.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks in advance,

Chris

keithw64
sure would appreciate a copy

sure would appreciate a copy of the repair instructions for the wd 62825. can send to [email protected]. had a guy out to look at my 37" samsung for suspected bad power cord and asked him if he was interested in having the 62825. he said no way throw it away. seemed to know a lot about the blinking green light of death. would love to get the instructions though and try my hand at tv repair. thanks for the help

Tarace
Any thing on the power supply

Any thing on the power supply boardi had a green ight now I have a red light and a relay comes on and a fan running ! Would lie to get the power check out info I did replace a cap 10v 1000mf no changplease please please help !!!!! B

fatkit
keithw64 said:

keithw64 said:
buddy just gave me his wd62825. has the blinking green light. seems like it is not the only one in town with this problem. he had it in the shop for 1 year as the place waited to find a dm board that they say it needs. he got a new unit and gave me this one. i would appreciate the repair instructions that i read that larry has available. possibly i can get this thing going for not too much money before i junk it. sounds like the sony wega that they threw away at work that was 1 1/2 years old. i figured it cant be that bad and found out that it was also a piece of junk and trashed it like they did a work. sad that an old triniton would last 12 years and a new one is junk in 1 1/2. help is greatly appreciated.

Hey Keith, just sent you an email with the info. There is a section on the power board, I suggest you go through the test points and check to see that you've got the proper voltages coming off that board, it seems to be one of the most suspect.

fatkit
rifle88 said:

rifle88 said:
I have the blinking green light of death now and in the past I was able to get by this problem by unplugging the tv then holding the power down for a minute or so and after a few minutes the light would stop however that is no longer fixing the issue. Can you send me the instructions you have sent out so many times before?

Just sent you the email Rifle, let us know how it goes and if you have troulbes just respond to my email and I'll try to help out.

fatkit
Chris STL said:

Chris STL said:
Mr. Dillon,
I have a 4-5 year old Mitsubishi WD-52725 and have been having this blinking light problem for a while now. Usually a few resets and it will come on, but not anymore. I have been reading some posts from 2007 and was hoping you were still around for some guidence.
My e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks in advance,
Chris

Hey Chris, the info is on it's way. Look for an email with the name Shitsubishi in it...lol...

fatkit
rotecki said:

rotecki said:
Any thing on the power supply boardi had a green ight now I have a red light and a relay comes on and a fan running ! Would lie to get the power check out info I did replace a cap 10v 1000mf no changplease please please help !!!!! B

Can you please send me an email and I'll send you all the information?  I thought I'd sent it already but can't find an email addy for you.  That or post your email address here...

AaronNY
suresh605 said:

suresh605 said:
Larry Dillon I have a mit Wd 62725 tv and I Have the blinking green timer light on for ever I change the 4 1000 cap on dm 4 on fmt 4 on powersupply and 2 3300 cap on power supply If their is some thing wrong I am doing can you sent me a picture or a diagram how to repair it also is the 3.3v on standby pw has to be on when tv is off or on. Thank You Very much for everything [email protected] Larry I check I have no 3.3v on standby pw next to the ic9a21 and Q9a20 If you can tell me what are the reading on the ic and Q9a20

I am having the same problem with the 3.3V and the 5V missing on the power supply. I have been testing all the components on the board and following the schematics from the service manual.  It looks like from the manual, that the 3.3V and the 5V side are fed from voltage coming from the PON-2 lead coming from the DM board.  I would have thought for sure that the power supply was bad. But I pulled the power supply out and traced and tested everything back to (I am ONLY assuming at this point) a missing voltage on the PON-2 lead on the K3 connector on the power supply coming from the DM board (PIN 4). This is how far I have gotten so far. I supplied an external 5 volts to the PON-2 lead and then ALL the relays activate and then I get the 5V and 3.3V.  So I am going to pull apart the DM board ONCE again tomorrow to see if there is anything that I missed.  Can anyone shed any light on what the PON-2 pin is and what voltage should be there?  I would love to hear anyone that has had any same experiences...

Does anyone have good schematics for the WD-62825???? More than just a block diagram?  Something that might have all of the capacitors, diodes, etc????  The service manual doesn't show all of the little details....  

lldan
DO not go any higher on the

DO not go any higher on the capacitors. Fire hazard! Check diodes near capacitors. Check out of circuit.If it shows zeros either way they are shorted replace them. Also, the bridge rectifier could be working only half phase on one side.

fatkit
lldan said:

lldan said:
DO not go any higher on the capacitors. Fire hazard! Check diodes near capacitors. Check out of circuit.If it shows zeros either way they are shorted replace them. Also, the bridge rectifier could be working only half phase on one side.

I definitely agree!!! 

AaronNY
I traced back the PON-2 lead

I traced back the PON-2 lead on the Signal board and it goes directly to the IC7A00 processor which means the processor is not making the PON-2 lead on. I checked all the external switches which should be easy enough to do.
The easiest way to check the switches to make sure they are all ready to turn on the set. Locate the LF pin header on the Signal board 6th one in from the back of the WD-62825 unit. Each colored pin should have a black (ground) with it (except the red and white one). If you check continuity with your meter, each switch should be showing continuity. If any of them are open, you need to fix that first. If ANY of them are open, the unit will not turn on.

So I am still searching for the problem. I suppose I will test more caps on the Signal board. I have not tested them ALL yet.

Does anyone know what the RG connector is for on the Signal board?

Ryan Mc
I am also having an issue

I am also having an issue with the blinking green timer light. Can you please send me details of what i can do to fix the problem?I have the wd 62825 Thank You So Much

Kilipomo
Larry Dillon said: If the

Larry Dillon said: If the light keeps blinking, it most likely not the thermal cutoff sensor. There are SEVERAL capacitors that go bad in this TV set and I have a DLP repair document to help you locate those capacitors. I simply replace all of them and the sets most of the time come back to life. About 65% work, the others have other problems like bad light engines, bad thermal sensors, bad bulbs, bad ballast circuits. Loads of problem with these set. If you wish, leave an e-mail address and I will share these with you. Good Luck

Hellion Mr. Dillon

I'd like some of that information on the repairs, if you please.

Thank You      Kilipomo

Kilipomo
That would be "Hello Mr.

That would be "Hello Mr. Dillon" . Soryy about that!

Tarace
So I had the blinking light

So I had the blinking light now I have a solid red light and the fan is running a relay kicks on but won't power up any idea where to start

renorushfan
Hi,

Hi,
could you please email me the instructions for fixing the blinking green light issue? it have a wd-62825 and it has the same blinking problem that everyone else seems to have. my email is [email protected]. thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Thanks!

HD_hell

rotecki said:
So I had the blinking light now I have a solid red light and the fan is running a relay kicks on but won't power up any idea where to start

Press device and Menu @ the same time (on the front of the tv)

It will blink a code for you 

Example

Blink Blink Blink *pause* Blink Blink = code 32

Look around this thread for the error codes, or you can post it here and I can tell you what the code is saying.

Good Luck!

Tarace
The code is 14 can u tell me

The code is 14 can u tell me what that is please

Tarace
I'm sorry the code is 41

I'm sorry the code is 41 short detced man where do u start ???

lldan
Have you checked the diodes

Have you checked the diodes on your incoming power board?

Tarace
Changed a couple of caps but

Changed a couple of caps but don't now to look for on the dio part can u guide me ???

Pages

Connect With Techlore