Mitsubishi WD-62825 Blinking Green Light

668 posts / 0 new
Last post
tiger-bear
OK, thanks again.. I found

OK, thanks again.. I found that once I had the unit in the tv, everything hooked up except the FC plug, BGLOD off, I don't get power to the upper right corner, I then pressed power button on front of TV to get green solid light, still no voltage on upper right corner. Plugged the FC connector back in and red light blinked one long one short, (chassis fan low power), then BGLOD again. So It looks like I'm replacing capacitors and hoping for the best.

snipeorod
Did you plug the FC connector

Did you plug the FC connector while AC was connected? If so, you probably did the same thing I did and blew the 5v fuse that operates the fan. Let me look and see which fuse and I will get back to you

snipeorod
Ok, I believe the fuse you

Ok, I believe the fuse you need to check is F9AO3. This is 12v to the fans on the chassis. Disregard the 5v part of my last reply. When I plugged in the FC connector while the set was hot I accidentally shifted the plug and it blew the fuse. I received the same LED error code and the chassis fan did not run. I replaced the fuse and the unit started right up.

fatkit
Larry, I emailed your yahoo

Larry, I emailed your yahoo account to get your paypal info. Trying to help out while you're going through that trauma now, and hoping you get better. Anyone else here who has requested the troubleshooting information, I've created an online library for Larry so he can give you a link to download this information and he doesn't have to keep up with so many files and emails. I'll pass that to him when he's back here, but for now if you're still trying to get info, please contact me at the email address I posted a few messages back. All I ask is that donations be sent to Larry for his hard efforts in putting this information together and getting it to me, I want nothing from this other than for Larry to get better.

If you are still waiting to be contacted, please let me know or post a response here. I do track this site now while Larry's out.

Here, I'm going to post a temporary email address for me while Larry is getting better, this way you can contact me to request this information, and again, all I ask is that you consider a paypal donation to Larry. I'll provide you his paypal info along with the link to where you can download the entire volume of Mitsu information. My email is [email protected]

fatkit
Okay everybody, while Larry's

Okay everybody, while Larry's dealing with his health issues, I've set up an online library to store his data along with the photos I took of the disassembly of my WD-62825. While it may differ somewhat from your model, it should help you through troubleshooting the Green Blinking Light Of Death...lol....

So reach myself or Larry and we'll pass on the info to you. I do ask that you read the PLZREADME1ST.txt file, then the Downloadhelper.txt file. These might answer some questions for you regarding how to maneuver the site. It is quite basic, and extremely easy to download this information.

Larry, thanks again for all your help and I wish you a speedy recovery!

To all others, I'm going out of town tomorrow, 11/24, and will be on a farm in southern Indiana, and we only have dial up service there so not sure how fast I can react to your requests, so please be patient. I'll be out until next Sunday, and after that I will be checking back here daily.

Please have a healthy, and happy, Thanksgiving holiday!!!

Matt Whitlock
RobinH said:

RobinH said:
Okay everybody, while Larry's dealing with his health issues, I've set up an online library to store his data along with the photos I took of the disassembly of my WD-62825. While it may differ somewhat from your model, it should help you through troubleshooting the Green Blinking Light Of Death...lol....
So reach myself or Larry and we'll pass on the info to you. I do ask that you read the PLZREADME1ST.txt file, then the Downloadhelper.txt file. These might answer some questions for you regarding how to maneuver the site. It is quite basic, and extremely easy to download this information.
Larry, thanks again for all your help and I wish you a speedy recovery!
To all others, I'm going out of town tomorrow, 11/24, and will be on a farm in southern Indiana, and we only have dial up service there so not sure how fast I can react to your requests, so please be patient. I'll be out until next Sunday, and after that I will be checking back here daily.
Please have a healthy, and happy, Thanksgiving holiday!!!

Rather than store this information off site, you can upload it directly to TechLore's Service Downloads area in the Technician's area: http://www.techlore.com/group/2/list_downloads

Ray Gallier
We are having the same

We are having the same blinking green light problem, We have had a tech come out andlook at it and supposedly the capacitators are fine, but still not working. Can anyone send us instructions on what to look at next. Help would be greatley appreciated. GP

Jorge Aguilar
Hi E.D.,(or anyone else that

Hi E.D.,(or anyone else that could have this info)

Is there anyway I can contact you by email ?
I would like to get more information on how to install the On/Off switch.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance for your help.
Also, I requested RobinH for Larry's paypal info and I encourage everyone elso to also do it.

Canavello
Please send a copy of the

Please send a copy of the repair manual to [email protected]. I have a blinking green timer light and just have replaced the bulb so am wondering how to replace these capacitors that I hear so much about.

Thank You,

Ben

fatkit
dreadedgreg said: We are

dreadedgreg said: We are having the same blinking green light problem, We have had a tech come out andlook at it and supposedly the capacitators are fine, but still not working. Can anyone send us instructions on what to look at next. Help would be greatley appreciated. GP

Hey GP, please send me an email to the address I listed above, [email protected], and I'll get you the info

fatkit
Jorge Aguilar said: Hi E.D.,

Jorge Aguilar said: Hi E.D.,(or anyone else that could have this info) Is there anyway I can contact you by email ? I would like to get more information on how to install the On/Off switch. My email is [email protected] Thanks in advance for your help. Also, I requested RobinH for Larry's paypal info and I encourage everyone elso to also do it.

Jorge, sent you the info!  Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

fatkit
Canavello said: Please send a

Canavello said: Please send a copy of the repair manual to [email protected]. I have a blinking green timer light and just have replaced the bulb so am wondering how to replace these capacitors that I hear so much about. Thank You, Ben

Ben, sending you the info now!  Look for it in your email, and let me know if you have any questions.  I found the project quite easy, after disassembly.  Taking that sucker apart took more time than the soldering.

fatkit
Also, one thing I didn't

Also, one thing I didn't address was a source for these capacitors. Let me know if you have a hard time finding them. Larry turned me on to Mouser Electronics, on on the site I've sent you guys info for there are some specs on the capacitors I looked at. Just got to find some that fit the bill and are in stock. Spent less than $12 total at Mouser for mine.

wbpmt
I have the same green

I have the same green blinking light problem. TV won't turn on even after unplugging/reset. WD52825 4 y/0. Info about caps appreciated.

[email protected]

Thanks,
Wil

bedhead
Larry:

Larry:
Do you have the blinking green light repair instructions for the Mits wd-62725? If yes,I'd like to get it as my mits is on the fritz. Thanks much!

Jammama
I am also having that

I am also having that horrific issue of the blinking green timer light. Can you please send me details of what i can do to fix the problem? Called mitsubishi they said just reset it and thats made the problem worse. I have the wd 62825. Any help appreciated. Email [email protected]

fatkit
bedhead said: Larry: Do you

bedhead said: Larry: Do you have the blinking green light repair instructions for the Mits wd-62725? If yes,I'd like to get it as my mits is on the fritz. Thanks much!

It's the same as what we've been discussing here.  There are several models involved.  Need to either send me an email or post your email address here so I can get the info to you.

fatkit
Jammama said: I am also

Jammama said: I am also having that horrific issue of the blinking green timer light. Can you please send me details of what i can do to fix the problem? Called mitsubishi they said just reset it and thats made the problem worse. I have the wd 62825. Any help appreciated. Email [email protected]

Sending the information now.... any questions, feel free to respond to my email or here.

bedhead
[email protected] for info on

[email protected] for info on how to fix blinking green light for WD-62725. Thanks!

cuffs633
RobinH.....Thanks for helping

RobinH.....Thanks for helping out on the board....I just checked in and seen you are now sending info. out. I have a WD-62825 model. The BGLOD has been haunting me for the past two weeks. Please send me the repair instructions. I downloading the service manual from this site and am not sure what I am looking at. I am hoping the repair instructions are easy to follow. Thanks again. Don't have the extra money to replace the monster. Happy Thanksgiving.

send repair instructions to: [email protected]

fatkit
cuffs633 said:

cuffs633 said:
RobinH.....Thanks for helping out on the board....I just checked in and seen you are now sending info. out. I have a WD-62825 model. The BGLOD has been haunting me for the past two weeks. Please send me the repair instructions. I downloading the service manual from this site and am not sure what I am looking at. I am hoping the repair instructions are easy to follow. Thanks again. Don't have the extra money to replace the monster. Happy Thanksgiving.
send repair instructions to: [email protected]

Email sent!

fatkit
bedhead said:[email protected]

bedhead said:
[email protected] for info on how to fix blinking green light for WD-62725. Thanks!

Email sent!!

Tarace
Hi folks I guess I'm going

Hi folks I guess I'm going thrugh tv melt down my 70" mitt went outi got cap on order but my 42" fell and broke the screen has any one heard of replaceing the screen ????

fatkit
You say 42", is it also a DLP

You say 42", is it also a DLP? If so the "screen" is in two parts sandwiched together. If it's just the screen and not the fresnel lens, then you're okay and not too expensive of a repair. Assuming this is a DLP that is. The service manual for the 52-62" Mitsi's has instructions on removing the screen and fresnel lens. It's actually not that difficult. What is a PITA is separating the lens from the screen itself. It's just got pressure-sensitive two-sided tape along the top holding them together.

Here, I'll make this easy, it's only one page from the manual showing the deinstall... here's a screen shot..lol...pun intended...

fatkit
Whoops, just noticed it said

Whoops, just noticed it said cabinet disassembly procedure...let me pull that up...doh...

Tarace
Well I wish it was I took it

Well I wish it was I took it all apart the whole screen lens is brook can u get them or is this thing junk

Tarace
Well I wish it was I took it

Well I wish it was I took it all apart the whole screen lens is brook can u get them or is this thing junk

fatkit
Rotecki, I'm not Larry, he's

Rotecki, I'm not Larry, he's the expert so we'd have to wait for his advice, I'll send him an email and see what he says. If you could give me the part number/model number of your 42" I'd be glad to try and see what I can find. I would say that it's likely a replaceable item, you gotta figure it's the most sensitive part of the TV and they would likely use the same lens/screen across a broad spectrum of DLP's. If you could email me any info you have on it, like I said, I'd be glad to do some research for you and see what I can find.

[email protected] is the best address to use....

fatkit
Okay, this subject has been

Okay, this subject has been bridged before. Here's a comment from Larry on this at this link:
http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/18341/ripped-outer-screen-on-Mitsub...

Now as to the TV, you have a Lenticular Screen, and behind that a Fresnel Lens. You need to find out if it's one or both that are broken. Here's a company out of Houston, TX, that specializes in replacing the screens/lenses, and they will ship to you.

http://www.tvscreenrepair.com/

Go ahead and contact them first, see what they say...good luck, and let us know how it goes...

andy16
I am also having same issue

I am also having same issue with blinking green timer light. Can you please send me details of what i can do to fix the problem? I have the wd 62825. Any help appreciated
My e-mail address: [email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore