Mitsubishi WD-62825 Blinking Green Light

668 posts / 0 new
Last post
andy16
I am also having an issue

I am also having an issue with the blinking green timer light. Can you please send me details of what i can do to fix the problem?I have the wd 62825. Any help appreciated.
My email address: [email protected]

fatkit
andy16 said:

andy16 said:
I am also having an issue with the blinking green timer light. Can you please send me details of what i can do to fix the problem?I have the wd 62825. Any help appreciated

No need to double-post Andy, but you do need to send me an email to the address I've listed several times, in subject put Mitsubishi GBLOD.  That or post your email addy here, either works fo rme.

fatkit
rotecki said:

rotecki said:
Well I wish it was I took it all apart the whole screen lens is brook can u get them or is this thing junk

Very much so, check that link I posted above to the tv screen repair guys.  You'll need your type and model and call them or email them. They can help you out. Please let us know how this works out and if you don't mind posting what it cost you, would be very beneficial to other members.

Good Luck!

andy16
RobinH said:

RobinH said:

andy16 said: I am also having an issue with the blinking green timer light. Can you please send me details of what i can do to fix the problem?I have the wd 62825. Any help appreciated

No need to double-post Andy, but you do need to send me an email to the address I've listed several times, in subject put Mitsubishi GBLOD.  That or post your email addy here, either works fo rme.

my e-mail address: [email protected]

ttjb13
Hi Larry Do you a service

Hi Larry Do you a service manual for WD-65734. I have a blinking red light! email [email protected].

Thanks,

fatkit
ttjb13 said:

ttjb13 said:
Hi Larry Do you a service manual for WD-65734. I have a blinking red light! email [email protected].
Thanks,

Larry might, but I've searched the technical library here and don't see one, and I don't have one.  Hopefully Larry will be able to get on here and respond.

fatkit
andy16 said:

andy16 said:

RobinH said:

andy16 said: I am also having an issue with the blinking green timer light. Can you please send me details of what i can do to fix the problem?I have the wd 62825. Any help appreciated

my e-mail address: [email protected]

Thanks Andy, I've sent you the information, please let us know if this is helpful or if you have any other questions!!  Good luck with your repair.

fatkit
ttjb13 said:

ttjb13 said:
Thanks,

So far I've not been able to locate the service manual for this, but was able to get the Owner's Guide, Specifications sheets and dimensions sheets.  I've uploaded them here to the Downloads section.

It will take a little bit for my uploads to be approved, so check later today or tomorrow on your Downloads site at http://www.techlore.com/group/2/Technician-s-Corner/list_downloads.  Search for your model and you'll find the manuals I've uploaded.

Matt Whitlock
RobinH said:

RobinH said:

ttjb13 said: Hi Larry Do you a service manual for WD-65734. I have a blinking red light! email [email protected]. Thanks,

So far I've not been able to locate the service manual for this, but was able to get the Owner's Guide, Specifications sheets and dimensions sheets.  I've uploaded them here to the Downloads section.
It will take a little bit for my uploads to be approved, so check later today or tomorrow on your Downloads site at http://www.techlore.com/group/2/Technician-s-Corner/list_downloads. Search for your model and you'll find the manuals I've uploaded.

Hi RobinH, 

All your submissions have been approved. You can see them in the downloads area now. :-)

muhlskinner
I m now a member of the green

I m now a member of the green flashing light from hell, please forward the most common remedy. The last time this happened I just replaced the bulb and it fixed it. New bulb this time does not help. thank you!

fatkit
muhlskinner said:

muhlskinner said:
I m now a member of the green flashing light from hell, please forward the most common remedy. The last time this happened I just replaced the bulb and it fixed it. New bulb this time does not help. thank you!

Kind of hard to forward it on if you don't either email me or give me your email address...lol...

catscratch
I have a 62725 and had the

I have a 62725 and had the blinking light, I replaced all of the caps metioned in this thread, 10 capacitors (although the only one that bulged are the ones in the power supply board but I replaced all of the 1000mu caps) anyway turn the tv on and it worked ... voila ... unplug it and put everything together and the blinking come back .... @!#$#$#$#wtf$$%$% so I took everything apart again, test everything, found nothing wrong, hook it back up the TV turned on .... yayyyyyy ... unplug it to put all of the cover back together put the TV on the stand ... hook it backup and the blinking light comes back @#$#$!@#$WTF$%^$%^%^%^ am about ready to cary this thing to the roof of my house and drop it to the ground .... so I steped away from the TV for a couple of days ... come back to this site to see what else I can find that I might have missed ... Some one (I think ED) mentioned that this TV has trouble loosing power ... ahhh so that's it ... all of the plug and unpluging that I did ... ok so the suggestion was install a switch between the power supply and the FM borad and put a single pole single throw switch plug the TV in and wait a minute before turn the switch on to allow power to the FM board. Voila ... the TV is fixed. I used it for over a week now and it is still working.

Thank you thank you thank you so much for this site and all of the helpful folks that posted those wonderful fixes.

muhlskinner
I have already done the

I have already done the repair to the 4 caps that come with the v26 kit, still have light problem, does anyone know what other caps I need to replace to solve this problem for good. Locally there is a repair shop that willl come and replace my chassis with a rebuilt one for around $550. I think I might have time to do it myself, if I know which ones to replace. thanks

fatkit
Either read back up a few

Either read back up a few through this thread, or leave your email here so I can get an email to you muhlskinner, and I'll get you even photos of the caps. If you've done 4 of them, you've got 8 more to try....

HD_hell
hello,

hello,
I have read this entire thread, First i would like to say I hope Larry is doing well. His attempts to help everyone is a refreshing thing to find in today's rush of a world. Big Kudo's to all of those that are doing the same as well.

I recently ran into this problem with my WD-62825, I have the BLOD. from reading on the web I took the proactive approach of replacing all the 1000uF caps on the FMT, DM, and the PWS. I also replaced the two 2200uF caps on the signal board.

Still had the blinking light.

I installed the switch on the FC (i believe is the name) connector that someone here suggested. I got the TV to stop blinking!!! BUT, couldn't power it on. Not with the remote, not with the front button. And then after a while it just goes back to the blinking light.

(also, when i got the bglod to turn off via the switch, i did get a code of 35, chassis fan failure)

Please someone help. I suspect the power supply since i cant power the tv on after i get the blinking light to stop via the switch.

JFin
Hello Larry or anyone else

Hello Larry or anyone else that has these...instructions for fixing the blinking green light on a WD-52825...

thanks!

[email protected]

Caveman
Hello Larry Dillon,

Hello Larry Dillon,

Could you please send me the repair documents for the blinking light problem.  I joined techlore yesterday and sent you an email.  Maybe you are on vacation.  I have a Mitsubishi WS-65711.  I have tried resetting, pushing menu+device for 10 seconds and still get nothing.  Whe I turn it on, I get the green light for a couple of seconds, and it goes off.  It never powers up.  I do hear a click in the back of the tv when this happens.  Sounds like it's time to change the capacitors? Thanks for your help.

Mike   [email protected]

fatkit
JFin said:

JFin said:
Hello Larry or anyone else that has these...instructions for fixing the blinking green light on a WD-52825...
thanks!
[email protected]

On it's way JFin!!  Good luck, let us know how it goes.

fatkit
Caveman said:

Caveman said:
Hello Larry Dillon,
Could you please send me the repair documents for the blinking light problem.  I joined techlore yesterday and sent you an email.  Maybe you are on vacation.  I have a Mitsubishi WS-65711.  I have tried resetting, pushing menu+device for 10 seconds and still get nothing.  Whe I turn it on, I get the green light for a couple of seconds, and it goes off.  It never powers up.  I do hear a click in the back of the tv when this happens.  Sounds like it's time to change the capacitors? Thanks for your help.
Mike   [email protected]

On it's way Mike. And yes, Larry's out, recovering from brain surgery. I'm sitting in for him while he's regaining his strength.  Email is on it's way to you!  Good luck!

fatkit
HD_hell said:

HD_hell said:
hello,
I have read this entire thread, First i would like to say I hope Larry is doing well. His attempts to help everyone is a refreshing thing to find in today's rush of a world. Big Kudo's to all of those that are doing the same as well.
I recently ran into this problem with my WD-62825, I have the BLOD. from reading on the web I took the proactive approach of replacing all the 1000uF caps on the FMT, DM, and the PWS. I also replaced the two 2200uF caps on the signal board.
Still had the blinking light.
I installed the switch on the FC (i believe is the name) connector that someone here suggested. I got the TV to stop blinking!!! BUT, couldn't power it on. Not with the remote, not with the front button. And then after a while it just goes back to the blinking light.
(also, when i got the bglod to turn off via the switch, i did get a code of 35, chassis fan failure)
Please someone help. I suspect the power supply since i cant power the tv on after i get the blinking light to stop via the switch.

Hey HD, I got your PM and email and have sent you all the information I have.  I'm tied up pretty much for the next two weeks so not a lot of time to be as helpful as I'd like to be.  If you can't get it working through the stuff I sent you let us know and I'll drop Larry a line and see if he can help.  He's the guru, I'm just helping out while he's recovering his strength.

HD_hell
RobinH said:

RobinH said:

HD_hell said: hello, I have read this entire thread, First i would like to say I hope Larry is doing well. His attempts to help everyone is a refreshing thing to find in today's rush of a world. Big Kudo's to all of those that are doing the same as well. I recently ran into this problem with my WD-62825, I have the BLOD. from reading on the web I took the proactive approach of replacing all the 1000uF caps on the FMT, DM, and the PWS. I also replaced the two 2200uF caps on the signal board. Still had the blinking light. I installed the switch on the FC (i believe is the name) connector that someone here suggested. I got the TV to stop blinking!!! BUT, couldn't power it on. Not with the remote, not with the front button. And then after a while it just goes back to the blinking light. (also, when i got the bglod to turn off via the switch, i did get a code of 35, chassis fan failure) Please someone help. I suspect the power supply since i cant power the tv on after i get the blinking light to stop via the switch.

Hey HD, I got your PM and email and have sent you all the information I have.  I'm tied up pretty much for the next two weeks so not a lot of time to be as helpful as I'd like to be.  If you can't get it working through the stuff I sent you let us know and I'll drop Larry a line and see if he can help.  He's the guru, I'm just helping out while he's recovering his strength.

well thank both of you!

Im gonna use the info you (and larry) have supplied me with. And im gonna go to war with TV.

right now its 62" of useless living room furniture Yell

either way, i will definately keep the forum updated.

While im here, anyone know how to order these parts? Like the thermal sensor mounted behind the TV. I tried going through the mits website but they didn't list it as a available part.

Thanks again!

fatkit
The components I can lead you

The components I can lead you to Mouser for those, but I'd have to pull the specs on that thermistor to see what we can find.

fatkit
I'll try to get to that this

I'll try to get to that this week, work permitting

muhlskinner
hi Robin H, thank you for

hi Robin H, thank you for your response. I now have the tv apart again and am ready for battle. In the mean time a repair man here in denver who is familiar with this problem told me to pull the ezp plug( orange and black plug on the top left of the dm board). plug the power back in and wait til it boots up, plug the ezp plug back in and that should work. I followed his instructions and now the light blinks amber instead. I did find out that the set starts to boot up because the fan runs for a second then the thing clicks and switches off.
Now that it's laying all over the floor in pieces again perhaps I will pursue the rest of the culprit caps, if that does not work..........parts for everyone...........thank you very much [email protected]

Eric Duvall
Please email me the WD-62825G

Please email me the WD-62825G repair instructions for the Blinking Green Light of Death. Thanks! [email protected]

BOB11
Have the exact same problem.

Have the exact same problem. Green flashing light. Any documentation would be appreciated. Forward to [email protected].

Thanks.

mark in las vegas
Hey, Robin, Found Larry's

Hey, Robin, Found Larry's forum, read, downloaded what I could, please send me the repair info for the WD-62825. Forutnately for me I had the 4-year extended so the warranty company offered me another TV, newest version WD-65837, so I'm gonna give it a try (with the 4year coverage again). I'm gonna give the repairs a try on the 62" what the heck. Thanks for stepping in, and get well soon Larry. Merry Christmas.

[email protected]

fatkit
Eric Duvall said:

Eric Duvall said:
Please email me the WD-62825G repair instructions for the Blinking Green Light of Death. Thanks! [email protected]

Hi Eric, email sent, let me know how it goes!

fatkit
Mitusbishi TV Sucks said:

Mitusbishi TV Sucks said:
Have the exact same problem. Green flashing light. Any documentation would be appreciated. Forward to [email protected].
Thanks.

Email sent, good luck to you!

fatkit
mark in las vegas said:

mark in las vegas said:
Hey, Robin, Found Larry's forum, read, downloaded what I could, please send me the repair info for the WD-62825. Forutnately for me I had the 4-year extended so the warranty company offered me another TV, newest version WD-65837, so I'm gonna give it a try (with the 4year coverage again). I'm gonna give the repairs a try on the 62" what the heck. Thanks for stepping in, and get well soon Larry. Merry Christmas.
[email protected]

That's kind of what I did, got me a big honking flat screen plasma and moved the 62" dinosaur into another room.  Hope to have it back and working soon myself.

Email is on it's way to you Mark.

Pages

Connect With Techlore