RCA 52" R52WM24, distored picture and colors

479 posts / 0 new
Last post
amberz11
RCA 52" R52WM24, distored picture and colors

Yesterday we were watching tv, and all of a suddent the picture distorted.  The colors are bad, and the picture looks like you're watching it in one of those distorting mirrors at the fair.  This tv is about 2 years old and worked perfectly until yesterday.  We turned it off and then back on, and before the picture comes through you see red, blue and green wavy lines near the top of the screen.  When the dish network logo comes up, all the of the letters are white, with those same letters in red, blue, and green right behind them.  So actually, the logo shows up four times, in white with red, blue, and green highlighted behind them.

Does anyone know what this problem is?  Is a lamp burned out or something?  I'd appreciate any help.  It's my mom's tv and she's out of town.  It happened the day after she left and I know she's going to think I did something to it.

Artworks
I had the exact same thing

I had the exact same thing happen to me. 2yrs. 1day and the picture goes wird. Did you ever get a solution to this?

amberz11
Yeah, we found out. It's the

Yeah, we found out. It's the conversion box (or something like that). It costs $500 to replace the part, which is just ridiculous considering the tv can now be had for like $650 new. Same thing happened to my aunt's tv (also rca). Hers was under warranty so they came out and replaced the part. Two weeks later it went out again and they had to come out a second time and replace it again. Of course, rca doesn't give a crap about those of ours that are out of warranty. We ended up throwing the tv out. I can tell you for sure that we'll never buy any rca product again. Sorry you're having the same problem. We will only buy tv's at Walmart or Target now as their 3 year warranties are under $50, and we pay with Capital One which gives us another year on the warranty. Good luck.

Kooch523
I had the same problem at my

I had the same problem at my sister's house. Just sitting here watching tv and the screen became distorted. After researching the problem, I realized that more than one person has has this issue. I refuse to spend $500 for a defect that RCA is obviously aware of. I plan to let them know about this real soon. Customers should be compensated for their lemons.

cuda
do you also lose the menu for

do you also lose the menu for the convergence adjustments? if so this is a $5 part if you can solder, not at all $500,

jwe
i just had the same problem.

i just had the same problem. debating on calling out a repairman or not is it a 500 dollar part or cheaper please advise

cuda
jwe said: i just had the same

jwe said: i just had the same problem. debating on calling out a repairman or not is it a 500 dollar part or cheaper please advise

can you explain what you see or how the tv act's? or do you have a jpeg you can email?

this usually is not a very big problem,can you solder and unsolder part on circuit boards?

jwe
Yes I can send a picture, but

Yes I can send a picture, but I guess the best way to describe it is just like a goofy mirror at the fair - it concaves in toward the middle(as if someone ran into and distorted the sreen in the middle) how do I send you pics I am a new member today.and before I forget thankyou for the response and help!

cuda
jwe said: Yes I can send a

jwe said: Yes I can send a picture, but I guess the best way to describe it is just like a goofy mirror at the fair - it concaves in toward the middle(as if someone ran into and distorted the sreen in the middle) how do I send you pics I am a new member today.and before I forget thankyou for the response and help!

I sent you a private message.

tbird80
cuda i'm haveing the problem

cuda i'm haveing the problem you are describing.could you send me more info on how to fix it thank you.Jeff

werewolf1973
cuda I just got a rca r52wm24

cuda I just got a rca r52wm24 52inch hdtv and the convergence has disapeared from the menu and I know from reading what you have wrote that it can be fixed please tell me how it is done so that I may fix mine . I can send you my e-mail if you need it .

cuda
tbird80 said: cuda i'm

tbird80 said: cuda i'm haveing the problem you are describing.could you send me more info on how to fix it thank you.Jeff

sent you PM

cuda
werewolf1973 said: cuda I

werewolf1973 said: cuda I just got a rca r52wm24 52inch hdtv and the convergence has disapeared from the menu and I know from reading what you have wrote that it can be fixed please tell me how it is done so that I may fix mine . I can send you my e-mail if you need it .

I sent you a PM

foster21
Cuda....im having the same

Cuda....im having the same problem with my 52in tv. Can you let me know what I need to do

cuda
foster21 said: Cuda....im

foster21 said: Cuda....im having the same problem with my 52in tv. Can you let me know what I need to do

sent PM

Terry65
I am having the exact same

I am having the exact same problem and it was sudden. Can you help please?

mowman
my tv alittle over 2 years

my tv alittle over 2 years went bad its like watching 3 d what can i do is it exspence to fix

mowman
my tv is alittle over 2 tears

my tv is alittle over 2 tears old looks like im watching 3 d no where on the in the users guide to converence do u have any anserws

ThinWhitey
Cuda, could you please send

Cuda, could you please send me the instructions also? Thank you!

westp32
I am so frustrated, i brought

I am so frustrated, i brought my tv just two years ago and it's gone bead, i had to pay a television repair man $50.00 to tell me that the tv is no good to through it out. He stated that the blu CRT bulb is bad, whatever that means all i know it cost 250 for the bulb and not including the labor so that's a good $500.00. You are right RCA can give a dam about us who warranty has expired but i will be going on better business bureau and complain about this mess. Please join me.

bigscreenpains
Cuda, hate to sound like a

Cuda, hate to sound like a broken record but could you please send me the instructions also? Thank you!

Kooch523
Cuda, what instructions did

Cuda, what instructions did you give for repair? Please share. Thanks

dmoore6340
Cuda, could you please send

Cuda, could you please send me the instructions also? Thank you!

johnsec
Cuda, please forward me those

Cuda, please forward me those instructions as well. Greatly appreaciate your help!

westp32
Cuda,

Cuda,

can you please send me the instructions also

Eyob
Hey cuda im having the same

Hey cuda im having the same problem with my RCA TV can u help me out please thanks
[email protected]

cuda
johnsec said: Cuda, please

johnsec said: Cuda, please forward me those instructions as well. Greatly appreaciate your help!

sent

cuda
Eyob said: Hey cuda im having

Eyob said: Hey cuda im having the same problem with my RCA TV can u help me out please thasentnks [email protected]

Anthony 77
Hey Cuda, I bet you're very

Hey Cuda, I bet you're very sick of this, but could you please email me the instructions also? I'm having the same problem as everyone else. [email protected] Thanks!

rick25
Cuda, mine is acting the same

Cuda, mine is acting the same way, it just happened while I'm watching tv, the screen does exactly as described above, can you send instructions for repair? I have no problem doing repairs myself.
[email protected]

Thanks in advance

norjdont
Looks like I'm in the same

Looks like I'm in the same boat as everyone else! cuda...you seem to be the one with the fix on this. I would be much obliged if you'd pass it my way as well. TIA!

Pages

Connect With Techlore