Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
kwl1763
Larry/Hogan

Larry/Hogan

I also am now getting the green blink of death after 4 years of no issues. Please send the instructions to [email protected]

Thanks

pdc76
Hey guys got the blinking

Hey guys got the blinking light syndrone. Can I get a copy of those invaluable instructions??

Thank You much
[email protected]

Wayne gardner
I've swapped out the 7

I've swapped out the 7 capacitors and the pico fuses on the power board look good but I still have the blinking green light.

I've verified the polarity of the caps and the solder joints are good but still no luck.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to fix the WS-65511 model?

Thanks
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
check F9A05 and F9A04 on the

check F9A05 and F9A04 on the power supply, if one or more are bad first replace the convergence IC"S

carlo
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Happy New Year and thanks for helping everybody out. I also have the dreaded green blinking light on my 65809 WS mitsubishi . Could you please e-mail me the instructions on replacing the capacitors. e-mail to [email protected]

thanks,

Dr D
Larry,

Larry,
I see others are having the same problem.
I have a 5 year old WS-65813 with the infamous blinking green light. I have not yet started the repair process. Could you please email me the schematics and part numbers for the repair.
Thank you in advance!
John

buccofever
I am another one experiencing

I am another one experiencing the green blinking light. Can you please send the instructions to fix this on the WS 6581 to [email protected]? Thanks.

Wayne gardner
Larry,

Larry,

F9A04 and F9A05 are both good. Does this rule out the convergence IC's as being bad?

I'm going to look at the 9V regulator next - I hear this is possibility.

Wayne
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
never heRD IT CAUSING THE

never heRD IT CAUSING THE GREEN LIGHT PROBLEM, HERE IT ISthe article that is.

If picture is dark or goes dark intermittently with lines and or fuzzy picture or if the screen turns blue and the set shuts off, check IC9C25. Could be bad, or bad connections It is on the signal board. Right behind the input or whatÂ’s called the terminal board. The IC is a BA09FP. This IC supplies 9 volts to the terminal board. Try resolding it first.
IC9C25 (9-volt regulator) part # 270P677030. BA09FP regulator from B&D Enterprises in Russell, Pa. http://www.bdent.com Thanks to our member NEXNUXS for sharing this info

Larry Dillon
yes it does most likely wayne

yes it does most likely wayne, might have a bad DM board.

Hogan
Found on another thread:

Found on another thread:

January 2, 2009 3:14 PM

I finally got my TV to work but changing the Capacitors and Thermal sensor didn't do the trick. I figured out the whole problem after reading a Mitsubishi tech manual.

The Problem:
Mits DLP TV has two microprocessors, PC and DM, that communicate with each other. Normally when the TV powers up the DM processor is waiting for a request from the PC processor and communication is established. After a power surge, the boards may lose communication with each other. Each processor sends out a request and waits for a response from the other processor, bad idea. The problem is each board is waiting for a response at the same time. Microprocessors can't receive a request when it sending a request. So either processor get the request cause they both sending out a request at the same time then listen at the same time. If the processors don't get a response, they reset each other, even worse idea. The reset put the processors right back where they started. This is why the front reset button does not work. THE MICROPROCESSORS HAVE A TIMING CYCLE PROBLEM WHICH IS COMMON IN DIGITAL CIRCUITS AFTER A POWER SURGE OR BAD SHUTDOWN, WHICH IS WHY THIS AFFECTS SO MANY DIFFERENT MODELS. Mitsubishi should of never allowed both microprocessors the ability to reset the other. Only one processor should be able to reset the other and the other processor should always be waiting for a request after communication loss.

The Solution:
1. Power the TV on and wait for the blinking green light to stop.
2. Press input and menu at the same time and make sure you have error code 12
If you don't get this error code you have a different problem.
3. Press all the front panel buttons on the TV one at a time, except the reset button and power button.
This sends a system command to one of the processors and interrupts the processors from waiting for a response. After the processor is done with the system command request, it sends a request to the other processor that is waiting.
4. Hit the power button on the TV and it should fire up.
If it doesn't work repeat step 3 and 4 several times. When the processor was done with the system command request, it sent a request to the other processor but the other processor was sending a request too. The trick is to get the processors off the same timing pattern. If after several times it didn't work you probably need to replace the caps since the power surge burned them out.

Misc:
Some people change their caps and get the TV to work and some don't. The microprocessors continue to be hung up after you unplug the TV because the caps act as batteries. The microprocessors still have a timing problem because the processors never stop working. These microprocessors are low power which means these caps can keep them powered up for days. This is why some people get their TV to work after days of sitting in the corner, unplugged. If you remove good caps from the DM board, the TV might fire up because you removed the processors power supply on the DM board and they are on the correct timing cycle after you changed them.
If you have a power surge and it burns out your caps you get the blinking green light of death. If it didn't burn them out, then you get a timing problem and you get the same blinking green light of death. Therefore, the blinking green light of death can be cause by a timing problem or bad caps or both.

FYI:
Put the TV in low energy mode. This allows the DM processor to shut off when the TV is off. During power up, the DM processor has to wait for a signal from the PC processor. After a power surge, the processors won't care if they lost communication cause the DM processor has to power up from scratch and wait for the PC processor. This should fix any future blinking green light of death.

Good Luck,
Will
Mizzou Engineering Graduate

TMadden
Can someone please send the

Can someone please send the service manual for the 65813? Thanks! [email protected]

lamj
Just had a tech come and diag

Just had a tech come and diag. my ws-73713 mits green blinking light.

Dm module - 585.00
labor - 200.00

Is replacing this DM module a job a novice could do ? And how much should i pay for this part. Any help/and or advice would greatly be appriecated...

bong
Larry, I have the same

Larry, I have the same problem of blinking green light on my tv WD 62825,could you please forward to me the picture of instruction for repairing as soon as posible, thanks

[email protected]

Wayne
I have a WS65511 which will

I have a WS65511 which will no longer power up. I tried a reset and get the blinking light for a minute but no power. I have unplugged for a minute or so and turned off the power thru the surge protector. No luck. What can I do. I do think that we have been having surges this week with the ice storms.

lalaki
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I have a 3 year old Mitsubishi ws65813 blinking green light on. How can I get instructions or service manual to repair it. Thank you.

D. Lopez
Larry, it would be

Larry, it would be appreciated if you can send the instructions you have to fix the DM module for the WS-65813. I have the blinking light. thanks.

Rockinusa
Hello,

Hello,
It seems I also am a victim of the green blinking light. I have a Mitsubishi Electric DLP WD-62627 that has the green timer light blinking when it is plugged in. A reset or any other attempt to turn on the TV results in nothing.
Could you Please send me any info on the cap repair for this TV? Please email me at [email protected] with any Info, Docs, Pics, or Links that might help with this Misubishi WD-62627 (Feb2006 build). Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Much, John

Lou
To All,

To All,

This Techlore Forum is one of the BEST for providing answers to your questions and lending assistance in the repair of your television. Thanks to all who contribute to this Forum.

brownerd
I replaced the caps (with the

I replaced the caps (with the ones specified) on my WS-65813 and the TV works, but it take a good 2 or 3 minutes to turn on - when I press the power button the green light blinks for 2 - 3 minutes then the TV comes on. Is this normal or did I goof something up when I did the repair? Thanks for the help on this!

CalRich
brownerd said: I replaced the

brownerd said: I replaced the caps (with the ones specified) on my WS-65813 and the TV works, but it take a good 2 or 3 minutes to turn on - when I press the power button the green light blinks for 2 - 3 minutes then the TV comes on. Is this normal or did I goof something up when I did the repair? Thanks for the help on this!

Brownerd,   Your TV is doing a full boot at each power up. This normal and is called low power mode. Check your set up menus and turn low power mode off. this will get you closer to almost instant on.    Rich

Jason Brown
Larry,

Larry,
It seems like I'm in good company when I say that my WS-65813 has a blinking green light on startup. I'm hoping that my extended warranty will take care of it, but since the store that supplied it is out of business I'm not holding out hope. If you could email me your instructions, I would be very appreciative.
[email protected]

Tony561
Larry,

Larry,

I just turned on my TV this morning and i got the Blinking Light of Death, I have the WS-65513, please email me the instructions so that i could get started with the repair, Thank you very much.

[email protected]

Lighthouse
Hello Larry or any other

Hello Larry or any other expert,

I wonder if you can provide some further assistance.

I had a repairman come in and first replaced the DM module and it still had the blinking green light issue. So he than put the original DM module back after replacing the 4 capacitors.

He than said the Power-supply board and it is going to be another $350. I was able to find a powersupply board for $200 so I replaced it and it still has the exact same problem. Any suggestions. Please help.

Cory

mmmjaniga
Hi folks -

Hi folks -

I'm a new member to Techlore. My 4 year old Mits WS-65813 developed the BGLOD last night. So much for my Super Bowl party :-( More importantly, my wife is really mad at me for spending so much on lemon TV. My only hope at redemption is fixing it myself. If anyone could send me instructions, I'm eager to give a shot.

Thanks very much -

Mike
[email protected]

drdolphin
I have a Mits WS65813 as well

I have a Mits WS65813 as well and had the capacitors replaced but I could not find 105c only the 85c. Put it all back together and plugged in. Green light blinks for a bit and then stops. I push power on the remote control and it begins to start up and after about 2 to 3 seconds just shuts itself off. Did I use the wrong capacitors or screw something else when trying to put it all back together again?

Thanks,

[email protected]

Lou
drdolphin said: I have a Mits

drdolphin said: I have a Mits WS65813 as well and had the capacitors replaced but I could not find 105c only the 85c. Put it all back together and plugged in. Green light blinks for a bit and then stops. I push power on the remote control and it begins to start up and after about 2 to 3 seconds just shuts itself off. Did I use the wrong capacitors or screw something else when trying to put it all back together again? Thanks, [email protected]

The original capacitors are rated at 1000µF, 16V, 85ºC. Replace with capacitors  rated at 1000µF, 35V, 105ºC.

Replacing the bad capacitors with the those having the same rating as the original will not prevent the television from  working. The result of such a replacement is that the same issue will reoccur, generally within 1 - 2 years. Make note of the repair procedure, as you will likely be required to repeat the process.

Begin troubleshooting by performing a "error code diagnostic". In case you are not familiar with the procedure and for the benefit of others:

Mitsubishi Television Error Code Diagnostic Procedure

On the front panel of the unit press and hold the INPUT and MENU
buttons at the same time and hold them down for about 5 or 6 seconds.
The unit should activate it's "error code" mode.

The led will flash count the number of flashes. It will then pause for
1/2 or 1 second. The led will flash again count the number of flashes.
The unit will repeate this for about 5 or 6 times.

You now have the two digit error code. The first time the led flashed
is the first number of the error code, the next time the led flashed is
the last number of the error code.

12 ----------- indicates no error
21 ------------- X-Ray Protect circuit
22 ------------ Short Protect circuit
23 ------------- Horizontal Deflection failure
24 ------------- Vertical Deflection failure

Advise of the results.

Speed

drdolphin
Okay, it appears to be code

Okay, it appears to be code number 21. Any idea what the next step to resolution would be?

Thanks!

Richard Donnell
Mitsubushi ws 5589 blinking

Mitsubushi ws 5589 blinking green light of death, PLEASE HELP !!!!!

i need assistance in replacing capacitors. can you send me email with instructions much thanks for all your help

[email protected]

rich

Richard Donnell
Mitsubushi ws 55859 blinking

Mitsubushi ws 55859 blinking green light of death, PLEASE HELP !!!!!

i need assistance in replacing capacitors. can you send me email with instructions much thanks for all your help

*******sorry i got the model number wrong on previous post*************

[email protected]

rich

Pages

Connect With Techlore