Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wayne
I have a WS65511 which will

I have a WS65511 which will no longer power up. I tried a reset and get the blinking light for a minute but no power. I have unplugged for a minute or so and turned off the power thru the surge protector. No luck. What can I do. I do think that we have been having surges this week with the ice storms.

lalaki
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I have a 3 year old Mitsubishi ws65813 blinking green light on. How can I get instructions or service manual to repair it. Thank you.

D. Lopez
Larry, it would be

Larry, it would be appreciated if you can send the instructions you have to fix the DM module for the WS-65813. I have the blinking light. thanks.

Rockinusa
Hello,

Hello,
It seems I also am a victim of the green blinking light. I have a Mitsubishi Electric DLP WD-62627 that has the green timer light blinking when it is plugged in. A reset or any other attempt to turn on the TV results in nothing.
Could you Please send me any info on the cap repair for this TV? Please email me at [email protected] with any Info, Docs, Pics, or Links that might help with this Misubishi WD-62627 (Feb2006 build). Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Much, John

Lou
To All,

To All,

This Techlore Forum is one of the BEST for providing answers to your questions and lending assistance in the repair of your television. Thanks to all who contribute to this Forum.

brownerd
I replaced the caps (with the

I replaced the caps (with the ones specified) on my WS-65813 and the TV works, but it take a good 2 or 3 minutes to turn on - when I press the power button the green light blinks for 2 - 3 minutes then the TV comes on. Is this normal or did I goof something up when I did the repair? Thanks for the help on this!

CalRich
brownerd said: I replaced the

brownerd said: I replaced the caps (with the ones specified) on my WS-65813 and the TV works, but it take a good 2 or 3 minutes to turn on - when I press the power button the green light blinks for 2 - 3 minutes then the TV comes on. Is this normal or did I goof something up when I did the repair? Thanks for the help on this!

Brownerd,   Your TV is doing a full boot at each power up. This normal and is called low power mode. Check your set up menus and turn low power mode off. this will get you closer to almost instant on.    Rich

Jason Brown
Larry,

Larry,
It seems like I'm in good company when I say that my WS-65813 has a blinking green light on startup. I'm hoping that my extended warranty will take care of it, but since the store that supplied it is out of business I'm not holding out hope. If you could email me your instructions, I would be very appreciative.
[email protected]

Tony561
Larry,

Larry,

I just turned on my TV this morning and i got the Blinking Light of Death, I have the WS-65513, please email me the instructions so that i could get started with the repair, Thank you very much.

[email protected]

Lighthouse
Hello Larry or any other

Hello Larry or any other expert,

I wonder if you can provide some further assistance.

I had a repairman come in and first replaced the DM module and it still had the blinking green light issue. So he than put the original DM module back after replacing the 4 capacitors.

He than said the Power-supply board and it is going to be another $350. I was able to find a powersupply board for $200 so I replaced it and it still has the exact same problem. Any suggestions. Please help.

Cory

mmmjaniga
Hi folks -

Hi folks -

I'm a new member to Techlore. My 4 year old Mits WS-65813 developed the BGLOD last night. So much for my Super Bowl party :-( More importantly, my wife is really mad at me for spending so much on lemon TV. My only hope at redemption is fixing it myself. If anyone could send me instructions, I'm eager to give a shot.

Thanks very much -

Mike
[email protected]

drdolphin
I have a Mits WS65813 as well

I have a Mits WS65813 as well and had the capacitors replaced but I could not find 105c only the 85c. Put it all back together and plugged in. Green light blinks for a bit and then stops. I push power on the remote control and it begins to start up and after about 2 to 3 seconds just shuts itself off. Did I use the wrong capacitors or screw something else when trying to put it all back together again?

Thanks,

[email protected]

Lou
drdolphin said: I have a Mits

drdolphin said: I have a Mits WS65813 as well and had the capacitors replaced but I could not find 105c only the 85c. Put it all back together and plugged in. Green light blinks for a bit and then stops. I push power on the remote control and it begins to start up and after about 2 to 3 seconds just shuts itself off. Did I use the wrong capacitors or screw something else when trying to put it all back together again? Thanks, [email protected]

The original capacitors are rated at 1000µF, 16V, 85ºC. Replace with capacitors  rated at 1000µF, 35V, 105ºC.

Replacing the bad capacitors with the those having the same rating as the original will not prevent the television from  working. The result of such a replacement is that the same issue will reoccur, generally within 1 - 2 years. Make note of the repair procedure, as you will likely be required to repeat the process.

Begin troubleshooting by performing a "error code diagnostic". In case you are not familiar with the procedure and for the benefit of others:

Mitsubishi Television Error Code Diagnostic Procedure

On the front panel of the unit press and hold the INPUT and MENU
buttons at the same time and hold them down for about 5 or 6 seconds.
The unit should activate it's "error code" mode.

The led will flash count the number of flashes. It will then pause for
1/2 or 1 second. The led will flash again count the number of flashes.
The unit will repeate this for about 5 or 6 times.

You now have the two digit error code. The first time the led flashed
is the first number of the error code, the next time the led flashed is
the last number of the error code.

12 ----------- indicates no error
21 ------------- X-Ray Protect circuit
22 ------------ Short Protect circuit
23 ------------- Horizontal Deflection failure
24 ------------- Vertical Deflection failure

Advise of the results.

Speed

drdolphin
Okay, it appears to be code

Okay, it appears to be code number 21. Any idea what the next step to resolution would be?

Thanks!

Richard Donnell
Mitsubushi ws 5589 blinking

Mitsubushi ws 5589 blinking green light of death, PLEASE HELP !!!!!

i need assistance in replacing capacitors. can you send me email with instructions much thanks for all your help

[email protected]

rich

Richard Donnell
Mitsubushi ws 55859 blinking

Mitsubushi ws 55859 blinking green light of death, PLEASE HELP !!!!!

i need assistance in replacing capacitors. can you send me email with instructions much thanks for all your help

*******sorry i got the model number wrong on previous post*************

[email protected]

rich

Maryfrgl
I am hoping that you will be

I am hoping that you will be able to help me also. I have a Mitsubishi WD-52825 model with the green blinking light. The repairman just left with a quote of $700 to replace the DM module. If this is something that my husband can do on his own, we would greatly appreciate it. Any instructions/diagrams that you can provide for us novice electricians would be required. Please email to [email protected]. Thank you

M Davis
Good Morning Larry!

Good Morning Larry!

I have not received the information (schematic) for the WB-55 which I wrote to you in November so I could replace the Pico fuse, and the 310110. Thanks so very much for all your help. Is there a video on the procedure that shows step by step.

Omni B
This is an epic thread.

This is an epic thread. Searching google for just the model number of my Mitsubishi WS-65689 leads here. I am having the blinking green light problem, is there a similar solution for this model (as for the WS-65813)?

[email protected]

Dafried
Hi Speed,

Hi Speed,

On the other thread you mentioned to report back when I attempted this fix. I have WS-65869, so getting to my DM module is actually easier than the guide implies. The large, metal-wrapped module sits vertically at left and slides out easily.

I found 7 capacitors on the board marked "DM Power" and all look perfect. Not any perceptible bump or rise on any of them. Before I desolder etc, should I look elsewhere for the culprit? I checked what I could see for any burned fuses or brown components (I know, not very scientific), but I can see nothing obvious.

Thanks in advance!

Hogan
I replaced the caps on my WS

I replaced the caps on my WS-65511. Then the IC Convergence and all the pico fuses. Then the E2P. Still the @&%#* green blinking light.

Then, I noticed several miniscule black squares with a smaller square inside them on two boards and the DEMOD-B. They are flush with the surface.

I looked on other boards and found the same "square with a square inside". Except they were copper in color.

My suspicion is that these are an internal fuse of some sort. And the black ones mean the board is fried. Can anyone confirm my suspicion?

-- Hogan
[email protected]

Jeffries
Larry, I have a WS-65712 and

Larry, I have a WS-65712 and the same blinking light problem. Could I get a copy of the repair instructions as well?

Thank you very much,
Jeff

elecengin
Dear Experts,

Dear Experts,
I have a WS-65909 where the convergence chips have been replaced 3times in a year under warranty. But now out of warranty, i'm out of luck. I did that error code thing by holding down the two buttons on front and the green light blinks twice pauses and blinks twice again and pauses. I was told convergence chips are bad and fuses blew. Can you please email the instructions like everyone else is asking here. IF possible please provide images where the parts that needs replacing are and any hints on how to replace? Thank you in advance.

Raul Gonzalez
I have the Mitsubishi WS65813

I have the Mitsubishi WS65813 replaced the 4 capacitors that were bad with 4 new ones. Now the tv won't even turn on, not even the blinking green light. I checked all connections and everything is plugged in where its supposed to be. I've taken the DM board out and made sure it was connected before I put the cover back on. I even removed the new capacitors and soldered them back on twice. Does anybody have any suggestions? If the green light was blinking before I replaced the capacitors should'nt it at least blink if I did a bad job saudering them? HELP, SUPER BOWL!!

Lou
elecengin said: Dear Experts,

elecengin said: Dear Experts, I have a WS-65909 where the convergence chips have been replaced 3times in a year under warranty. But now out of warranty, i'm out of luck. I did that error code thing by holding down the two buttons on front and the green light blinks twice pauses and blinks twice again and pauses. I was told convergence chips are bad and fuses blew. Can you please email the instructions like everyone else is asking here. IF possible please provide images where the parts that needs replacing are and any hints on how to replace? Thank you in advance.

Subject: Mitsubishi Convergence IC's 

The links  below provide repair instructions, required tools, replacement parts, recommended parts vendors and a circuit board photo to use as a reference.

Depending upon your expertise in the area of electronics repair, a few basic guidelines are provided. If I am speaking below your knowledge level, disregard this information, although it may be of value to others who read this posting.

The repair is not difficult, although it will require several hours of your time. Do not rush the project and be very careful and precise in what you are touching. Voltage remains in much of the circuitry, even though the television is unplugged. Be very careful when handling the circuit boards as "Static Electricity" will cause serious problems to the circuitry.  Keep yourself free of static buildup when touching the circuit board or components. Frequently touch a metal portion of the television Chassis in order to dissipate any static charge, use caution when walking across carpet, as static charge will accumulate on your body. If you have a pair of rubber sole shoes, such as rubber slip-overs, wear them. In any case, remain very much aware of static electricity, as it is a major enemy when working on televisions.

When soldering, be very careful not to apply excessive pressure to the circuit board with the solder iron, as you may damage the board. Instead, simply rest the tip of the iron on each solder terminal and let the iron heat and melt the solder. Be careful not to scratch or tear the board's surface. Do not overheat the connections, as you may damage the circuit board. When replacing the components, do not apply too much solder, do not allow solder to spread beyond the intended area and possibly cause a short on the circuit board. Ensure, however,  that you apply adequate solder to each joint and that the solder melts and completely fills in and around the components leads. Clip all excess leads down to the solder when done. Your finished product should look like the rest of the circuit board, when done. A damp paper towel may come in handy to wipe up excess solder from the board, before it solidifies. A de-soldering tool also works well for removing old solder from the circuit board.

The IC's required for the WS-65909 are: 

CHASSIS: V19
MODELS: WS–55859 / WS–55909 / WS–65869 / WS-65909 / WS-73909
IC8C01 267P155010 HIC - STK393-110

For individuals with a different Mitsubish Model number, visit Mitsubishi Convergence IC's in order to select the specific IC's for your Mitsubishi Model.

If required, the  Pico fuses, F9A04 AND F9A05 may be ordered  from MCM Electronics @ 1-800-543-4330. Both fuses are 125V 5A, Mitsubishi Part #283P144080. The IC board may also be purchased from MCM Electronics. If you prefer, the parts may also be purchased from: Electronic Repair Kits.

Required tools and supplies may be purchased from Radio Shack. If you require a soldering iron, I recommend Radio Shack's 15- Watt Soldering Iron, Part # 64-2051. Radio Shack also has a desoldering tool, Part# 64-2060. Refer to the "Mitsubishi Convergence IC's link for additional supply recommendations, such as rosin core solder, heat sink compound, soldering braid, or a higher wattage soldering iron.

Visit Replacing Convergence IC's on a Mitsubishi Television and follow the repair procedures.

The Circuit Board Photo may be of value to some. 

Speed

Lou
elecengin,

elecengin,

Were you able to resolve the convergence issue on your WS-65909.

Raul Gonzalez
I replaced the four

I replaced the four capacitors but now I'm not even getting the blinking green light. I have an OHM reader and I wanted to if this is what I need to check the fuses on the Power board?

Oberst1622
Model WS-65813 with the

Model WS-65813 with the flashing green light. Can you please E-Mail the directions for the fix. Thanks

[email protected]

Avio
Model WS-65813 with the

Model WS-65813 with the blinking green light. Can you please email all of the appropriate procedures and diagrams available regarding this problem and a way to diagnose and fix it? Thanks to all contributors!

Lefty44
Hello everyone.

Hello everyone.

I own the WS-65611 and currently have a problem with the green light not staying on and no picture being displayed.

If i press the power button the green light goes on, but then goes off after a quick few seconds with no picture displayed at all during the time the green light is on.

If i unplug the TV and plug it back in i get the green flashing light that goes out on its own after it completes the sequence, but then the TV still will not power on. The green light just comes on then goes right out with no picture.

From reading the posts here i went ahead and removed the DM module last night and today replaced the 7 capacitors on the board. Tonight when i got home i re-installed everything and nothing has changed the TV still has the same problems it had before i changed the 7 capacitors on the DM board.

Can anyone offer any suggestions on what my next step should be? I have a copy of the service manual for this TV, but have no idea what to do next at this point.

The error code when the problem surfaced was 22, the TV still has error code 22 with the 7 capacitors replaced.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Pages

Connect With Techlore