Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wayne
Lefty44 said: Hello everyone.

Lefty44 said: Hello everyone. I own the WS-65611 and currently have a problem with the green light not staying on and no picture being displayed. If i press the power button the green light goes on, but then goes off after a quick few seconds with no picture displayed at all during the time the green light is on. If i unplug the TV and plug it back in i get the green flashing light that goes out on its own after it completes the sequence, but then the TV still will not power on. The green light just comes on then goes right out with no picture. From reading the posts here i went ahead and removed the DM module last night and today replaced the 7 capacitors on the board. Tonight when i got home i re-installed everything and nothing has changed the TV still has the same problems it had before i changed the 7 capacitors on the DM board. Can anyone offer any suggestions on what my next step should be? I have a copy of the service manual for this TV, but have no idea what to do next at this point. The error code when the problem surfaced was 22, the TV still has error code 22 with the 7 capacitors replaced. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

try holding the pwr button on for 10seconds.

Lefty44
Thanks for the advice i've

Thanks for the advice i've already tried that as well as pressing all the buttons mulitiple times, holding in the reset button....etc.

At this point i don't think it's going to be a "magic" fix, i believe this is a component failure of some sort.

Larry Dillon
I could certainly send you a

I could certainly send you a fix if I had an e-mail aaddress to send it to.

Lefty44
[email protected] (could have

[email protected] (could have sworn i chose to make my email address public) sorry and thanks Larry.

Lefty44
Thanks Larry i received the

Thanks Larry i received the email you sent, not sure what you are recommending though. I already had the service manual and i already replaced the 7 capacitors.

mike swift
i got the same problem

i got the same problem blinking green light and tv wont come on larry cane you send me info on what to do and how to and diograms thans mike at [email protected]

KarrieL
I have found soooo many posts

I have found soooo many posts abouth the WS-65813...and no recalls still by Mitsubishi!! This is obviously a defective product! I think we need to start contacting Mitsubishi directly over and over and over again until they issue a recall! Until then can i have the instructions to fix the capacitors?? Thanks!
[email protected]

Lefty44
Just a FYI for those

Just a FYI for those following this thread....

I have the 65611 model and even after i replaced the 7 capacitors on my DM Module my tv still had the same symptoms.

It turned out to be two blown fuses and the IC Convergence Module was toast as well.

$48 dollars in parts and my tv is working perfectly again. Hopefully with the new capacitors on the DM Module and the new IC Convergence Module i'll get a few more years out of this tv before it's time to call it a loss.

cpriepke
Larry, After repairing the

Larry, After repairing the blinking green lite issue over 3-4 months ago, I now have an issue where the picture is not steady. It jumps around and will give you a headache trying to watch it while the picture is jumping. I do have the WS 65813 and I would like to know if this is an easy fix. Thanks for all your previous help. My e-mail address is [email protected].

phatj1978
Larry,

Larry,
I replaced the 4 capacitors in my dm and blinking green light still appears but nothing happens after it ends in a minute. I am also concerned that I hooked up all of the confusing plugs back into my main board correctly. Most of them would only fit in one slot but I do have an empty slot left over that says COLD next to it. My model # is 65813. Here I bought a diamond series over the standard model I owned the first time and it sucks worse than the original. Please help.

[email protected]

David Reich
Larry,

Larry,

Got the same problem on my WS-65813 with the blinking light. I would greatly appreciate your emailing me the repair instructions as you have to so many others in this forum.
Cheers,

David Reich
[email protected]

David Reich
KarrieL said: I have found

KarrieL said: I have found soooo many posts abouth the WS-65813...and no recalls still by Mitsubishi!! This is obviously a defective product! I think we need to start contacting Mitsubishi directly over and over and over again until they issue a recall! Until then can i have the instructions to fix the capacitors?? Thanks! [email protected]

Heck....Lets just send them this thread. Most of the units of this type sold in North America have ended up right here for advise. Cheers! [email protected]

Luuvmykidz
I have the Mitsubishi Model #

I have the Mitsubishi Model # WS-65813. Blinking green light, tv will not turn on. Had a service man come out and charged me $150 just to tell me i needed a DM Module and would be another $750 to fix tv. Needless to say, I cannot go that route. Can someone please send me the instructions to fix this problem and pics if at all possible. Thanks you greatly. Marjie Please send to [email protected] and [email protected].

Repair man stated that I needed part #934C067002 does this make since?

Luuvmykidz
I have the Mitsubishi WS

I have the Mitsubishi WS-65813 with the nonstop flashing green light. Had a repair man come out and he charged $150 just to tell me it was the DM Module and would cost another $750 to fix tv.... I cannot go this route. Could someone please send me the repair instructions for this fix - with pictures if possible. It would greatly be appreciated. Repair man said I needed part #934C067002 - does this make since to anyone? Thanks again. Please email instructions to: [email protected].

onenetman
Larry,

Larry,

Same problem here. Can you send me the fix to [email protected]. I have the 65in WS-65813.

Thanks

jeepster1
@ Larry

@ Larry
I could not find a thread for a WD-XX831 series Mits dlp so I am hoping that I can get a bit of help on this thread. I have had this wd-57831 for awhile now. When the BGLOD started I changed the DM caps to 1000u 25v from 680u. also changed the ps caps to 1000u 25v. The tv worked for about a week using the pwr conserve startup. After about a week was over the bglod came back. I was after a while, able to get the set to power up and I was able to put it into instant on mode. The TV always works in this mode and comes on after 10 seconds. (good now for over a month). After a power failure in my area It again took awhile to get it to boot up. I have heard that the 3300u caps on the PS board could be the blame. Before I take it apart again, do you have any suggestions. I do have a service manual. (I also changed the radial caps on the signal board to 1000u 25v.) This all started happening after the bulb blew out. I now also have haloing. I figure that I will fix one problem at a time since I don't feel like cleaning the inside of the lens housing if the bglod is still going to be a problem. thanks Paul [email protected]

Bob TX
Larry, you are a popular guy,

Larry, you are a popular guy, I also have a WS65813 and have the blinking light of death as the repair guys call it. Could you please sens me the information on fixing this.

LannyB
Hi Larry I have the same

Hi Larry I have the same problem as well. My model is a WS65511. my error code is 22 and my email is [email protected]. If you could send me out the info for correction and repair of my set I would appreciate it. thank you have a good day.

mike swift
can some body please send me

can some body please send me instructions and pictures on how to fix the blinking green light, thanks my e-mail is [email protected]

mike swift

hueso loco
i have a 73" tv with the same

i have a 73" tv with the same problem on day it jus shut off and the blinking light started how do i fix it? thanks.

CDIAZ
does anyone have the

does anyone have the information on how to fix the green light blimking model ws-65513  please help  [email protected]

Steivn
Steivn

Steivn
Member I got to tell you I was very upset when this green light of death started to blink after a electric surge, I have the WS73909 and the step by steps were nothing at all what I was looking at in my set. Actually I had 7 caps and it was a 15-20 min fix the dm power board is a lil thing sepreat from all the other board in the tv 4 screws, 3 cable plugs, bada bing bada boom, took the chance that it may be the cap as with the 4 cap tv's and I replace them all with the upgraded caps, of course and a lil dusting with canned air, and a feather duster, and it looks brite and sharp , like new. Good luck pep's - Oh it cost me $11.49 for 7 cap's =cP

jonnycat
I have a wd-62725 with the

I have a wd-62725 with the green blinking light of death also. It seems that replacing the caps on the dm board fixes this problem.Does anyone have the instructions on locating this board and the caps that I should use. Any help would be greatly appreciated !
[email protected]

hjnorm
I have the green blinking

I have the green blinking light that never goes out. Model #ws-65869 if some could send some information. [email protected]
Thanks John

JRuckuS
Larry- You seem to be the

Larry- You seem to be the Mitsubishi Master, I have a WS-55711 with the green blinking light and no picture. Can you please forward the repair instructions for the DM board so I can try the repair. Thanks in advance ST

JRuckuS
I have a WS55711 with the

I have a WS55711 with the never ending green blinking light. Can you please forward the repair instructions for the DM board so I can try the repair. Thanks in advance

viper2112
if u look back in some of the

if u look back in some of the forums u will fid pics and detailed inst to fix if larry does not get back he is the best good luck...viper

wbsokjs
Hi I am haile From Ethiopia I

Hi I am haile From Ethiopia I have a Mitsubishi Big Screen TV Model VS-5042
But it doesnÂ’t work and it is difficult to maintain without board manual if you have please sent it by this male address [email protected]
Tanks.

Dadeo-Yoh
4 1/2 Year old WS-65813 with

4 1/2 Year old WS-65813 with the grren flashing light of death.
Good thing I bought that 5 year extended warranty.
Too bad for me that Tweeter went out of businees 4 months ago.
So I tracked down 4, 25 V capacitors and swapped out the bad ones.
TV Works! Yee-Hah. Less than $8.00 most of which was shipping and tax.
THANKS SOOO Much for all this valuable information. Saved me several hundred bucks.

monty53
I to have the BGLOD. Have a

I to have the BGLOD. Have a 2005 Mit WD-52725, read all of the threads, DL'd instructions, bought correct cap's, installed same. Now the light is flashing ten times (brief pause) then ten timws...and so on. If I hold in reset, I can hear the fan power up, but stops as soon as I release reset. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE HELPFUL PLEASE?

Pages

Connect With Techlore