Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
Maryfrgl
I am hoping that you will be

I am hoping that you will be able to help me also. I have a Mitsubishi WD-52825 model with the green blinking light. The repairman just left with a quote of $700 to replace the DM module. If this is something that my husband can do on his own, we would greatly appreciate it. Any instructions/diagrams that you can provide for us novice electricians would be required. Please email to [email protected]. Thank you

M Davis
Good Morning Larry!

Good Morning Larry!

I have not received the information (schematic) for the WB-55 which I wrote to you in November so I could replace the Pico fuse, and the 310110. Thanks so very much for all your help. Is there a video on the procedure that shows step by step.

Omni B
This is an epic thread.

This is an epic thread. Searching google for just the model number of my Mitsubishi WS-65689 leads here. I am having the blinking green light problem, is there a similar solution for this model (as for the WS-65813)?

[email protected]

Dafried
Hi Speed,

Hi Speed,

On the other thread you mentioned to report back when I attempted this fix. I have WS-65869, so getting to my DM module is actually easier than the guide implies. The large, metal-wrapped module sits vertically at left and slides out easily.

I found 7 capacitors on the board marked "DM Power" and all look perfect. Not any perceptible bump or rise on any of them. Before I desolder etc, should I look elsewhere for the culprit? I checked what I could see for any burned fuses or brown components (I know, not very scientific), but I can see nothing obvious.

Thanks in advance!

Hogan
I replaced the caps on my WS

I replaced the caps on my WS-65511. Then the IC Convergence and all the pico fuses. Then the E2P. Still the @&%#* green blinking light.

Then, I noticed several miniscule black squares with a smaller square inside them on two boards and the DEMOD-B. They are flush with the surface.

I looked on other boards and found the same "square with a square inside". Except they were copper in color.

My suspicion is that these are an internal fuse of some sort. And the black ones mean the board is fried. Can anyone confirm my suspicion?

-- Hogan
[email protected]

Jeffries
Larry, I have a WS-65712 and

Larry, I have a WS-65712 and the same blinking light problem. Could I get a copy of the repair instructions as well?

Thank you very much,
Jeff

elecengin
Dear Experts,

Dear Experts,
I have a WS-65909 where the convergence chips have been replaced 3times in a year under warranty. But now out of warranty, i'm out of luck. I did that error code thing by holding down the two buttons on front and the green light blinks twice pauses and blinks twice again and pauses. I was told convergence chips are bad and fuses blew. Can you please email the instructions like everyone else is asking here. IF possible please provide images where the parts that needs replacing are and any hints on how to replace? Thank you in advance.

Raul Gonzalez
I have the Mitsubishi WS65813

I have the Mitsubishi WS65813 replaced the 4 capacitors that were bad with 4 new ones. Now the tv won't even turn on, not even the blinking green light. I checked all connections and everything is plugged in where its supposed to be. I've taken the DM board out and made sure it was connected before I put the cover back on. I even removed the new capacitors and soldered them back on twice. Does anybody have any suggestions? If the green light was blinking before I replaced the capacitors should'nt it at least blink if I did a bad job saudering them? HELP, SUPER BOWL!!

Lou
elecengin said: Dear Experts,

elecengin said: Dear Experts, I have a WS-65909 where the convergence chips have been replaced 3times in a year under warranty. But now out of warranty, i'm out of luck. I did that error code thing by holding down the two buttons on front and the green light blinks twice pauses and blinks twice again and pauses. I was told convergence chips are bad and fuses blew. Can you please email the instructions like everyone else is asking here. IF possible please provide images where the parts that needs replacing are and any hints on how to replace? Thank you in advance.

Subject: Mitsubishi Convergence IC's 

The links  below provide repair instructions, required tools, replacement parts, recommended parts vendors and a circuit board photo to use as a reference.

Depending upon your expertise in the area of electronics repair, a few basic guidelines are provided. If I am speaking below your knowledge level, disregard this information, although it may be of value to others who read this posting.

The repair is not difficult, although it will require several hours of your time. Do not rush the project and be very careful and precise in what you are touching. Voltage remains in much of the circuitry, even though the television is unplugged. Be very careful when handling the circuit boards as "Static Electricity" will cause serious problems to the circuitry.  Keep yourself free of static buildup when touching the circuit board or components. Frequently touch a metal portion of the television Chassis in order to dissipate any static charge, use caution when walking across carpet, as static charge will accumulate on your body. If you have a pair of rubber sole shoes, such as rubber slip-overs, wear them. In any case, remain very much aware of static electricity, as it is a major enemy when working on televisions.

When soldering, be very careful not to apply excessive pressure to the circuit board with the solder iron, as you may damage the board. Instead, simply rest the tip of the iron on each solder terminal and let the iron heat and melt the solder. Be careful not to scratch or tear the board's surface. Do not overheat the connections, as you may damage the circuit board. When replacing the components, do not apply too much solder, do not allow solder to spread beyond the intended area and possibly cause a short on the circuit board. Ensure, however,  that you apply adequate solder to each joint and that the solder melts and completely fills in and around the components leads. Clip all excess leads down to the solder when done. Your finished product should look like the rest of the circuit board, when done. A damp paper towel may come in handy to wipe up excess solder from the board, before it solidifies. A de-soldering tool also works well for removing old solder from the circuit board.

The IC's required for the WS-65909 are: 

CHASSIS: V19
MODELS: WS–55859 / WS–55909 / WS–65869 / WS-65909 / WS-73909
IC8C01 267P155010 HIC - STK393-110

For individuals with a different Mitsubish Model number, visit Mitsubishi Convergence IC's in order to select the specific IC's for your Mitsubishi Model.

If required, the  Pico fuses, F9A04 AND F9A05 may be ordered  from MCM Electronics @ 1-800-543-4330. Both fuses are 125V 5A, Mitsubishi Part #283P144080. The IC board may also be purchased from MCM Electronics. If you prefer, the parts may also be purchased from: Electronic Repair Kits.

Required tools and supplies may be purchased from Radio Shack. If you require a soldering iron, I recommend Radio Shack's 15- Watt Soldering Iron, Part # 64-2051. Radio Shack also has a desoldering tool, Part# 64-2060. Refer to the "Mitsubishi Convergence IC's link for additional supply recommendations, such as rosin core solder, heat sink compound, soldering braid, or a higher wattage soldering iron.

Visit Replacing Convergence IC's on a Mitsubishi Television and follow the repair procedures.

The Circuit Board Photo may be of value to some. 

Speed

Wayne gardner
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS-65511 with the blinking green light problem. Could you email the instructions to fix this problem? I'm assuming I have bad capacitors caused by over-heating.

Thanks!
[email protected]

Wayne gardner
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS-65511 TV with the blinking green light. Could you send the instructions to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Wayne
[email protected]

Geezer
Hi -

Hi -
After reading through these posts it appears that I am in for the same repair of replacing the caps. The tv started the blinking green light last night and the system reset did nothing. Could someone please send me the instructions for replacing the caps on a WS-55613.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Chris - [email protected]

Barrychap
Thanks to Paul, D Ambrosio,

Thanks to Paul, D Ambrosio, and Larry for sending some really detailed info on fixing the green light problem! I ordered the caps from Digi-Key and everything works fine. Some comments:
Get the 105 degree C. caps unless you want to do this again in 2-3 years.
You will need to unhook wires from their wire ties to pull the chassis out.
When you put the DM board back, be sure to seat it before putting the shield in place. I put both of them in at the same time, then pulled the shield case up 2 inches to make sure that the DM board was seated.
It appears that Mitsubitshi did not do a proper thermal design of the DM chassis. Shame on them. Any EE should have known that heat buildup inside that box would be a problem. Otherwise, the TV does an excellent job of displaying HD content without the pixelization issues of flat screens.

Barry

cjr6585
Wow, there are so many of us

Wow, there are so many of us having the same problem. I have only used a soldering gun a few times, how hard is the repair?

Larry, can you please send me this manual you have. I have a WD-52525.

Thanks a lot.

greg000
Barrychap said: Thanks to

Barrychap said: Thanks to Paul, D Ambrosio, and Larry for sending some really detailed info on fixing the green light problem! I ordered the caps from Digi-Key and everything works fine. Some comments: Get the 105 degree C. caps unless you want to do this again in 2-3 years. You will need to unhook wires from their wire ties to pull the chassis out. When you put the DM board back, be sure to seat it before putting the shield in place. I put both of them in at the same time, then pulled the shield case up 2 inches to make sure that the DM board was seated. It appears that Mitsubitshi did not do a proper thermal design of the DM chassis. Shame on them. Any EE should have known that heat buildup inside that box would be a problem. Otherwise, the TV does an excellent job of displaying HD content without the pixelization issues of flat screens. Barry

what is the web to get it from

Jeanne4833
We just finished the repair

We just finished the repair on our WS 55859 TV, we plugged it in an waited, the green light blinked for 30 sec, went off, and the TV WORKS. Thank you so much for you information.
[email protected]

kwl1763
Larry/Hogan

Larry/Hogan

I also am now getting the green blink of death after 4 years of no issues. Please send the instructions to [email protected]

Thanks

pdc76
Hey guys got the blinking

Hey guys got the blinking light syndrone. Can I get a copy of those invaluable instructions??

Thank You much
[email protected]

Wayne gardner
I've swapped out the 7

I've swapped out the 7 capacitors and the pico fuses on the power board look good but I still have the blinking green light.

I've verified the polarity of the caps and the solder joints are good but still no luck.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to fix the WS-65511 model?

Thanks
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
check F9A05 and F9A04 on the

check F9A05 and F9A04 on the power supply, if one or more are bad first replace the convergence IC"S

carlo
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Happy New Year and thanks for helping everybody out. I also have the dreaded green blinking light on my 65809 WS mitsubishi . Could you please e-mail me the instructions on replacing the capacitors. e-mail to [email protected]

thanks,

Dr D
Larry,

Larry,
I see others are having the same problem.
I have a 5 year old WS-65813 with the infamous blinking green light. I have not yet started the repair process. Could you please email me the schematics and part numbers for the repair.
Thank you in advance!
John

buccofever
I am another one experiencing

I am another one experiencing the green blinking light. Can you please send the instructions to fix this on the WS 6581 to [email protected]? Thanks.

Wayne gardner
Larry,

Larry,

F9A04 and F9A05 are both good. Does this rule out the convergence IC's as being bad?

I'm going to look at the 9V regulator next - I hear this is possibility.

Wayne
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
never heRD IT CAUSING THE

never heRD IT CAUSING THE GREEN LIGHT PROBLEM, HERE IT ISthe article that is.

If picture is dark or goes dark intermittently with lines and or fuzzy picture or if the screen turns blue and the set shuts off, check IC9C25. Could be bad, or bad connections It is on the signal board. Right behind the input or whatÂ’s called the terminal board. The IC is a BA09FP. This IC supplies 9 volts to the terminal board. Try resolding it first.
IC9C25 (9-volt regulator) part # 270P677030. BA09FP regulator from B&D Enterprises in Russell, Pa. http://www.bdent.com Thanks to our member NEXNUXS for sharing this info

Larry Dillon
yes it does most likely wayne

yes it does most likely wayne, might have a bad DM board.

Hogan
Found on another thread:

Found on another thread:

January 2, 2009 3:14 PM

I finally got my TV to work but changing the Capacitors and Thermal sensor didn't do the trick. I figured out the whole problem after reading a Mitsubishi tech manual.

The Problem:
Mits DLP TV has two microprocessors, PC and DM, that communicate with each other. Normally when the TV powers up the DM processor is waiting for a request from the PC processor and communication is established. After a power surge, the boards may lose communication with each other. Each processor sends out a request and waits for a response from the other processor, bad idea. The problem is each board is waiting for a response at the same time. Microprocessors can't receive a request when it sending a request. So either processor get the request cause they both sending out a request at the same time then listen at the same time. If the processors don't get a response, they reset each other, even worse idea. The reset put the processors right back where they started. This is why the front reset button does not work. THE MICROPROCESSORS HAVE A TIMING CYCLE PROBLEM WHICH IS COMMON IN DIGITAL CIRCUITS AFTER A POWER SURGE OR BAD SHUTDOWN, WHICH IS WHY THIS AFFECTS SO MANY DIFFERENT MODELS. Mitsubishi should of never allowed both microprocessors the ability to reset the other. Only one processor should be able to reset the other and the other processor should always be waiting for a request after communication loss.

The Solution:
1. Power the TV on and wait for the blinking green light to stop.
2. Press input and menu at the same time and make sure you have error code 12
If you don't get this error code you have a different problem.
3. Press all the front panel buttons on the TV one at a time, except the reset button and power button.
This sends a system command to one of the processors and interrupts the processors from waiting for a response. After the processor is done with the system command request, it sends a request to the other processor that is waiting.
4. Hit the power button on the TV and it should fire up.
If it doesn't work repeat step 3 and 4 several times. When the processor was done with the system command request, it sent a request to the other processor but the other processor was sending a request too. The trick is to get the processors off the same timing pattern. If after several times it didn't work you probably need to replace the caps since the power surge burned them out.

Misc:
Some people change their caps and get the TV to work and some don't. The microprocessors continue to be hung up after you unplug the TV because the caps act as batteries. The microprocessors still have a timing problem because the processors never stop working. These microprocessors are low power which means these caps can keep them powered up for days. This is why some people get their TV to work after days of sitting in the corner, unplugged. If you remove good caps from the DM board, the TV might fire up because you removed the processors power supply on the DM board and they are on the correct timing cycle after you changed them.
If you have a power surge and it burns out your caps you get the blinking green light of death. If it didn't burn them out, then you get a timing problem and you get the same blinking green light of death. Therefore, the blinking green light of death can be cause by a timing problem or bad caps or both.

FYI:
Put the TV in low energy mode. This allows the DM processor to shut off when the TV is off. During power up, the DM processor has to wait for a signal from the PC processor. After a power surge, the processors won't care if they lost communication cause the DM processor has to power up from scratch and wait for the PC processor. This should fix any future blinking green light of death.

Good Luck,
Will
Mizzou Engineering Graduate

TMadden
Can someone please send the

Can someone please send the service manual for the 65813? Thanks! [email protected]

lamj
Just had a tech come and diag

Just had a tech come and diag. my ws-73713 mits green blinking light.

Dm module - 585.00
labor - 200.00

Is replacing this DM module a job a novice could do ? And how much should i pay for this part. Any help/and or advice would greatly be appriecated...

bong
Larry, I have the same

Larry, I have the same problem of blinking green light on my tv WD 62825,could you please forward to me the picture of instruction for repairing as soon as posible, thanks

[email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore