Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
JerMe
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

We're just now experiencing the "Green Blinking Light of Death" on our Mitsubishi WS-65813.  Would you please forward any appropriate repair documents and service manuals to (jerme777 AT gmail_)? Thank you!

Bernard Bautista
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
We are having the same problem with our WS-65813. Would you please forward any intructions and possibly pictures on how to repair this to [email protected]. Thanks.

grumpy2
Hi Larry I also have a model

Hi Larry I also have a model ws 55613 that just started blinking at me. The reset does not work and the television will not turn on. If you could send me the diagrham or steps to [email protected] maybe I can get this thing running again. thanks Jack.

DaveFS4
Lary, I have a WS-65813 with

Lary, I have a WS-65813 with the same blinking light problem. Can you please send me a copy of the repair instructions. I appreciate the help, Thank You!

Dave

[email protected]

librarian
Well... I managaed to find

Well... I managaed to find the service manual for the Ws-55615 online. So, I am going to have the the DM capacitators replaced as suggested. However, could someone please tell me where I could purchase them from? I would really appreciate it.

heroTop
Hey Larry - quick question

Hey Larry - quick question for you,

Aside from the 4 defective caps, what else might cause this problem?

The manuals all say that the green flashing light is an indicator of a power interruption. I inherited my 65813 from a friend, replaced the four caps with the Panasonic ones using your walkthrough and it worked fine for about a month then went out again. I then replaced those caps with 25v ones instead of the 16v ones and it worked but I have a sneaking suspicion that there is something else going on to cause the caps to blow in the system.

The original caps I replaced were super bulgy and obviously blown but the second set (the ones I installed) were not bulged at all. I replaced them anyways with the 105'c 25v ones and the system booted just fine.

So again, I fear that replacing the caps is a temp fix to a bigger issues so if you know what might be the root of the problem I can look into that.

Thanks!

p.s. For anyone in the Seattle area I found a gret electronics supplier called vetco.net - look them up.

heroTop
Raul Gonzalez said: I have

Raul Gonzalez said: I have the Mitsubishi 65813 and I replaced the capacitors but I am having trouble locating where to re-connect 2 cables labeled HP & DE. Does anybody have a picture of the circuit board showing where I need to reconnect these two?

Hey Raul - I've been inside my 65813 about 4 times now and know that connector well.  It is a long one that runs the entire length of the board from the very front of the TV.  It has about 7 cables on it and might have fallen back inside, deeper towards the front screen - mine usually does.

Here is a great hint - almost all of the cables are ALL proprietary.  This means that they all have their own individual connector and there should be no cables that are just "lying around".

This means that if you see a cable unplugged - it needs to be plugged in and there is only one place on the board to plug it into 99% of the time.

Hope this helps.

D1969
Hi Larry, great information

Hi Larry, great information you provide, thank you! I, as evereyone else it seems, have the same concern with my WS-65713. Blinking Green Light! I have the entire board out and on my bench. IC8C01 is good, Fuses F9A04 & F9A05 good, Feedback Resistors R8C05, 06, 13, 14, 21, 22, 29, 30, 37, 38, 45 & 46 all read 2.4 Ohms across individually, and 4.4 Ohms from terminal connector. R8C07, 15, 23, 31, 39 & 47 at 151 Ohms. Coils L8C01, 02 good. I did find 7 resistors faulty, leaking a hardened yellowish debris. C5K00, 01, 02, C5B20, C9A31, R5A13 and C5A10 which is also loose on the board. My concern is that these components are located amongst three seperate boards. Any info you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!

D1969
Larry, as I began to remove

Larry, as I began to remove this yellowish substance, it now appears at though this is placed there on purpose, as to help in securing those components, or possibly as a heat sink. Could it be as simple as the C5A10 being loose on the board? However, even when wiggling it, there is continuity. This system looks very clean. No signs of heat or acring. Can these such resistors be tested? I have attempted with a DVOM, and no continuity. What are the parameters?

cjpsuave
Larry i had the bad

Larry i had the bad capacitors replaced on my ws55813 however now i cant even get the tv to power on all i hear is a little tick when i plug it in when the dm was removed it was obvious the caps were blown so i was pretty sure the caps had to be replaced plus the green light just kept flashing. Now i have replaced the caps and the tv wont turn on at all just a little tick when i plug it in the tick is very faint as well also there is one connector thats not connected its close to the dm board its got 3 blue wires and one brown wire im not sure if that one was in something or not maybe i havent found what it connects to and need to connect? not sure please let me know if you can help thanks.

D1969
Larry, ok well I have it all

Larry, ok well I have it all apart, removed DM board, located and verified the four bad capacitors. The local repair facility here, (we have only one) states that the parts are no longer available, that I must send in the entire board to Mitshubishi for repair at the tune of over $700.00. I have located the parts online for about .50 each!! Thank you for the great info!!!!

D1969
Sorry, I forgot to list e

Sorry, I forgot to list e-mail address: [email protected]

Nick C
I'm having the same issue

I'm having the same issue with the green blinking light. Can somebody please send me the instructions on how to fix this. I also need the information regarding the correct caps. My TV is model WS-55859. Please send the info to [email protected]. Thanks so much for your help.

RGarza45
Folks;

Folks;
I've just run into the same green blinking light problem on my WS65813....and I understand there's a possible fix without forking out $1000! Please...anybody if you have the detailed instructions, would you please forward to me? Thanks.

RGarza45

[email protected]

D1969
Well, I will find out tonight

Well, I will find out tonight if my repair worked. I have my DM board all back together. I was able to aquire actual Mitsubhi 1000uf, 16V, 105c capacitors from a neighboring town, for about $17.00. They were relativley easy to solder in and I also made a slight repair to the main power board. If mine works, I would be happy to pass along my method. This site has been extemely helpful.

greg000
i need the page on the green

i need the page on the green light Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light: TechLore

barblfm
hey all,

hey all,
would any of you be willing to please share with me all the necessary fix it information for the mitsubishi blinking green light??? i can't wait to begin the repair process. thanks so much, [email protected]

D1969
Ok, well I have been watching

Ok, well I have been watching the NFR on the ol' Mitshubishi for awhile now, works great. Time will tell if it is a permanent repair. Heck, I spent more time navigating through setting it all up than I did repairing it. I just bought it used, so had no prior expierience with this set. However, it is absolutley awesome!! E-mail me at [email protected] and I would be happy to explain my method.

Lynn 49
December 9, 2008

December 9, 2008

Larry, I have a WS-55515 and the same blinking light problem. Could I get a copy of the repair instructions as well? Many thanks,Lynn

Lynn

[email protected]

Raul Gonzalez
All plugged in, replaced

All plugged in, replaced capacitors, tv wont turn on, no green light. Any suggestions?

Raul Gonzalez
All plugged in, replaced

All plugged in, replaced capacitors, tv wont turn on, no green light. Any suggestions?

D1969
I am by no means a TV tech,

I am by no means a TV tech, but I would check connections, ensure power to board, check fuse. Does anything seem to power up?

Raul Gonzalez
Nothing, double checked

Nothing, double checked connections, checked fuse. How would I check if the board has power?

Dmousewife
Please email instructions for

Please email instructions for fixing the green light of death . . . Mitsubishi model WS-65815. Thank you! [email protected]

D1969
Raul, use a DVOM and set to A

Raul, use a DVOM and set to A/C volts, usually 200 scale. Where the power cord plugs into the mail board, connect the test leads, one to each terminal on the connector. You should have same reading as if you took it from the socket that the cord is plugged into at the wall. Typically about 118 volts. If you have power there, test from one terminal on the connector, to each side of the fuse near that connector. Again, supply voltage should be read.

D1969
Oops, typo, not mail board,

Oops, typo, not mail board, main board !!!

RIFE
Can someon eplease e-mail me

Can someon eplease e-mail me the detailed fix for the blinking green light I have code 22 on the Mitsubishi WS55909. My e-mail is [email protected].
Thanks

Raul Gonzalez
D1969 said: Raul, use a DVOM

D1969 said: Raul, use a DVOM and set to A/C volts, usually 200 scale. Where the power cord plugs into the mail board, connect the test leads, one to each terminal on the connector. You should have same reading as if you took it from the socket that the cord is plugged into at the wall. Typically about 118 volts. If you have power there, test from one terminal on the connector, to each side of the fuse near that connector. Again, supply voltage should be read.

What is a DVOM?

aksdime
The green light on my WD

The green light on my WD-62825 is blinking also.

Can I please get the instructions to fix it?

Greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

Raul Gonzalez
D1969 said: Raul, use a DVOM

D1969 said: Raul, use a DVOM and set to A/C volts, usually 200 scale. Where the power cord plugs into the mail board, connect the test leads, one to each terminal on the connector. You should have same reading as if you took it from the socket that the cord is plugged into at the wall. Typically about 118 volts. If you have power there, test from one terminal on the connector, to each side of the fuse near that connector. Again, supply voltage should be read.

Ok figured it out, tested both and had power both times. Thanks I guess I'm going to have to test the fuses in the DM next.

Pages

Connect With Techlore