Mitsubishi WS-65813 Blinking Green Light

1639 posts / 0 new
Last post
heroTop
Larry Dillon said: You should

Larry Dillon said: You should have usd rosen core solder as he acid cor will ruin the board. acid core is usd in plumbing work.I would like to see a picture on the melteded items you describe.

Ouch.  Ok - I only got the smallest of solder on the board and the acid core gauge was as thin as I could fine so hopefully I didn't ruin the board...  I'll pick up some rosin core and try again.

What about the on board fuses?  Where can I find those?

Mike_M
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

As a Columbus Oh native living in Alanta Ga I turned on my WS65613 at noon today to watch the OSU vs U of M football game only to see the blinking green LED of death.

Could you please email the info needed to fix this issue to: [email protected]

Thank you in advance.

Mike

johnsons
were having the same problems

were having the same problems green light flashing reset button does not work we tried unpluging the tv that also does not work could you please get back with us with the anwser thank you.

johnsons
green light problem reset

green light problem reset doesnt work tried unpluging that does not work please help me with the problem

Mike_M
I stumbled across www.jyerdon

I stumbled across www.jyerdon.com/tv this afternoon, the step by step instructions are very clear at straight forward. I replaced the four capacitors on the DM board, TV is working fine.

Good luck with yours.

Mike_M
I stumbled across www.jyerdon

I stumbled across www.jyerdon.com/tv this afternoon, the step by step instructions are very clear at straight forward. I replaced the four capacitors on the DM board, TV is working fine.

Good luck with yours.

heroTop
Larry Dillon said: You should

Larry Dillon said: You should have usd rosen core solder as he acid cor will ruin the board. acid core is usd in plumbing work.I would like to see a picture on the melteded items you describe.

Hey Larry!  It works!

I pulled it all apart again and reseated the DM board WITHOUT the shielding.  Once I knew for certain the board was fully set I put the shielding back on and then reconnected all the cables and grounds.  It booted fine after 70 seconds of LED flashing.

I thought this might be the case as getting that DM board back in place was much tougher than it should have been.

Thanks for your help!

Good luck folks!  It's pretty easy to fix, even for a novice!

Redman
Thanks for the info Larry! I

Thanks for the info Larry! I pulled my DM board out, and desoldered the CAPs. I had readings of 5.5uF, 4.0uF, 55uF and 60uF!
I was wondering while I have everything apart and am waiting for the new CAPs. Is there any maintenance you reccomend? Cleaning the CRT lenses etc? And how you recommend doing so?

Thanks!

Jim M 2
Well, I replaced the 4 caps

Well, I replaced the 4 caps on my WS-65813 and still have blinking green light.  I would appreciate any suggestions and I would also like to see the repair manual being passed around if someone would be kind enough to send that to me.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Jim

Robert W.
Tom Sides said: Help - I have

Tom Sides said: Help - I have a Mitsubishi WS 65613 and I am having the same problem:  TV will not power on and has the blinking green light.  I have the service manual but, I need a schmatic or the instruction how to fix the problem.  Can you send to me the instructions that you have sent to everyone.  Thanks so much. [email protected]

Tom did this is Robert Walker, did you ever get your tv fixed.  I also have this model.  I want to fix it myself, but I am a little afraid, I don't know how to solder but I am getting ready to learn.

Please let me know.

pther
Mike_M said: I stumbled

Mike_M said: I stumbled across www.jyerdon.com/tv this afternoon, the step by step instructions are very clear at straight forward. I replaced the four capacitors on the DM board, TV is working fine. Good luck with yours.

Hi Mike,

I also went to www.jyerdon.com/tv and replaced the four capacitors on the DM board and my 48513 is working fine.  Thanks alot.

C-Dogg
Larry, it would be

Larry, it would be appreciated if you can send the instructions you have to fix the DM module for the WS-65813. I have the blinking light. thanks.

viper2112
thanx larry...found all info

thanx larry...found all info on here to fix caps..but still green flashing light.cheched and re checked seating,what next.checked forums on fuses and all other ideas.there is a clicking noise that matches the flashing green light near power supply....? please what do you think or anyone else please chime in thanks...viper2112

leadspace
HI all,

HI all,

There's quite a few threads on this issue - and I can't find where I posted my one an only request so far. So, I'll do again, sorry if this is a repeat to some.

Can I please get copy of the cap repair for the DM board, for Mitsu 65813? Thank you!

send to [email protected]

CalRich
Mike_M said: I stumbled

Mike_M said: I stumbled across www.jyerdon.com/tv this afternoon, the step by step instructions are very clear at straight forward. I replaced the four capacitors on the DM board, TV is working fine. Good luck with yours.

(I posted this in another thread and will repeat and update for all) 

All,

DO NOT USE THE PARTS RECOMMENDED IN THE "CHRISANDNAT" LINK! OR THE www.jyerdon.com/tv LINK! (The jyerdon link does mention he is not a technician so eview the information below before proceeding!!!!)

(although the disassembly pictures can be useful)

I would wait for Larry's package before getting parts or doing the repair. Larry's package will guide you to some high reliability parts and couple of different solutions that are not in the "chrisandnat" link. With the Radio Shack parts you can set your stopwatch to be right back here in three years, except this time the caps might have caught on fire. Install the same parts and you will likely get the same results.

If you have already put in the Radio Shack or a "identical" part to what you removed, I highly recommend you remove them A.S.A.P. and install a set of caps with the higher ratings. Given the number of sets that have failed I would run with the very best that I could get!

Rich

CalRich
pther said:

pther said:

Hi Mike, I also went to www.jyerdon.com/tv and replaced the four capacitors on the DM board and my 48513 is working fine.  Thanks alot.

Pther,

Please check this thread for my reply to Mike for critical information on NOT using generic or identical replacements caps. If your review the information you should be convinced to install better caps with higher ratings!

Rich

johnv
My five year old t.v.

My five year old t.v. Mitsubishi WS65513 doesn't power on anymore. I am having the same blinking timer light problem. I tried clicking the reset button but no luck.I was just about to get rid of it until I saw this sight. I have a couple of question. What is the location of the circuit board with the blown capacitors? You mentioned the type of capacitors to replace them with could you let me know what they are? Also, how delicate is the circuit board to heat? What should I be careful with when replacing these circuit borads? I would appreciate it if you could send me the instructions along with my circuit board questions. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thank you so much. You are a life saver. Hopefully I won't have to buy a new t.v.

monque
i have the same problem can i

i have the same problem can i get the instrutions on how to fix this emailed to me as well [email protected] i got model number ws-65513 thank u so much

closetblonde
Larry is a life saver. I

Larry is a life saver. I posted the blinking green light issue last Friday. Larry emailed me the instructions Friday night. I spent Saturday morning finding the capacitors and performing the fix. The TV was good as new by Saturday afternoon. This after a repairman told me it would cost $500 to fix. Thanks you very much Larry. Do you have a Paypal account so I can send you a token of appreciation? Thanks again.

Tom J
Hey guys how are you. I have

Hey guys how are you. I have a mitsubishi ws-65813 that has the same blinking green light. I hear Larry you are the man with these things is there any way you may be able to help me out. if you have a diagram or special instructions on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. my email is [email protected]

Thanks

Tom J
Hey guys how are you. I have

Hey guys how are you. I have a mitsubishi ws-65813 that has the same blinking green light. I hear Larry you are the man with these things is there any way you may be able to help me out. if you have a diagram or special instructions on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated. my email is [email protected]

Thanks

cjpsuave
Larry i had the bad

Larry i had the bad capacitors replaced on my ws55813 however now i cant even get the tv to power on all i hear is a little tick when i plug it in when the dm was removed it was obvious the caps were blown so i was pretty sure the caps had to be replaced plus the green light just kept flashing. Now i have replaced the caps and the tv wont turn on at all just a little tick when i plug it in the tick is very faint as well also there is one connector thats not connected its close to the dm board its got 3 blue wires and one brown wire im not sure if that one was in something or not maybe i havent found what it connects to and need to connect? not sure please let me know if you can help thanks.

Hogan Again
Larry,

Larry,

I have the blinking green light of death on my WS-65511 TV.
Could you please send me info needed to fix this situation. Send to [email protected]

Thank You,

Paul

Robert W.
I have a very similar problem

I have a very similar problem. I also here that same click. I need help bad. Larry. Can anyone help me. Robert at [email protected]

monque
larry can i get the

larry can i get the instructions on how to fix this green blinking light i have the ws-65513 model and my email is [email protected] thank u soooo much

formula382
Larry, I also have the same

Larry, I also have the same problem on ws65813.Could I also get info on how to repair the blinking light fix.

Thanks Bob

[email protected]

bubbles1111
i recieved the instructions

i recieved the instructions with my email at work tried it and now it seems that the green light is blinking faster than before is there something else i should be looking for
[email protected]

LEXWRLD
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I know you've probably got a ton of these email requests for instructions, but I never received them from my previous post (blinking light on WS65813). Thanks again...

[email protected]

ricks778
Larry,

Larry,
I have the blinking green light problem like all the rest here. But we have a different problem. The t.v. goes out,the light flashes for about 30 seconds, then quits. we can then turn the set back on and watch it normaly.
It will go months without doing this, and do it once, then go a few months before it happens again.
should I be looking at a different thread? or can you help me with this. WS-65813
my e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks
Rick

Larry Dillon
rick, it sounds lik th

rick, it sounds lik th Capacitors may be on their way out or going bad, I will e-mail you a simple fix on most of these sets.

Pages

Connect With Techlore