Green Blinking Light on Mitsubishi HDTV

783 posts / 0 new
Last post
timmac
I've got the same issue with

I've got the same issue with my WS-48513. If anyone out there has any instructions on how to fix this green light issue, I'd appreciate it! I've already yanked out the DM module, but have never replaced anything on a circuit board and don't want this thing to explode. My email address is [email protected].

Thanks in advance!

gschroeder
I am having a problem with my

I am having a problem with my ws55511. It will turn on with a picture for a few seconds then turns off. When you turn it back on for next several times the green light turns on then it shuts off. Can someone send me some suggestions or repair instructions for this? My email is [email protected].

Thanks,

tigerI
Larry,

Larry,

I have ben reading through the many reports of trouble with the Mitsubishi WS tv's. I do not have the blinking green light of death...yet, but i think my problem is a precursor to the blinking. My WS-65513 will work for 3 hours or so then the picture will shut off. The tv is still on and i can see the menus and when i change the channel the next channel is displayed on the upper left. I can turn the tv off and then back on but it will shut off soon there after. I read comment after comment about the capacitors that need to be swapped out. I have also read that you have been gracioius enough to send the info to perform this repair. Can you send me the info at [email protected]

toymonster
tiger1,

tiger1,

We have the same problem with our 65513, exactly. Eventually the shutting off got more frequent untill we had no picture but wavy purple and black lines. We went ahead and replaced the swollen capacitors on the DM board and this did not fix the problem although it did regain it picture and is now shutting off audio and video less frequently again. We just keep turing it back on. Ours says input 1 occasionaly instead of a picture so we shut it off and roll the dice again,lol. We also got a better surge protector (higher jules) and it also has an emi/rfi supressor on it. this seemed to help a bit more also.

There is also a thread on here from a guy who said to check all of the ic's and the solder joints on all of the boards for cold solders. We are going to do this this weekend, I will report on what happens.

For now I'm satisfied with it returning back to shutting off here and there, and not where it eventually got to. If you need instructions on how to do the capcitors, email us and we will send you a walk through. We never heard from Larry so we took the plunge and did it ourselvs. it is not hard at all except getting the DM board out is a bit tricky. We had a hard time finding a place that sold the right size caps too. We had to do different specs.

I would really appreciate anyone who knows about the capacitor specs and what we should put in as an alternative to give some advice. Maybe that is why it is not fixed all the way? We have been back in to the T.V. and these caps are not swollen like the old ones.

Tiger1, our Email is [email protected] feel free to email for the instructions. We would be glad to help.

Alnp
WS-48513. WS-48613, WS-55513,

WS-48513. WS-48613, WS-55513, WS-55613, WS-65513, WS-65613, WS-65713, WS-65813, WS-73513, WS-73713 manual here:
http://www.techlore.com/download/22708/V23_Training_Manual.pdf/

V-21 Models..... WS-48511, WS-55511, WS-65511, WS-B55 V-21+ Models..... WS-65611 V-21++ Models..... WS-55711, WS-65711, WS-65712, WS-73711 manual here:
http://www.techlore.com/download/22511/Mitsubishi-V21-Chassis-Service-Re...

the ws-65513 DM has 1000uf 16v 105c caps, 25v will barely fit, 35v will not fit unless you mod the shield. Unless you are an engineer or experienced tech or there is a service bulletin for that model that calls for different caps, be safe and use 1000uf.

Larry recently had some serious surgery and not posted in a while.

gschroeder
I also have a Mitsubishi VS

I also have a Mitsubishi VS-5043 that has the same problem. Turns on for 2 seconds and turns off. Does anyone have any suggestions or repair tips they could email me? [email protected].

Thanks,

alex d
Larry,

Larry,

I used to have the blinking green light of death, but fixed that with your DM board capacitor replacement instructions (Many thanks!). Now, after a just 20 hours of TV use, I have error code 21 and the TV powers up and turns off after 2 seconds (like may here). It's a WS 55711 TV. Just replace the F9A04 & F9A05 fuses? Do I have to replace the convergence IC's too? After all these problems, should I just cut my losses on this beast of a TV? Everyone seems to have the same problems. Mitsubishi can't possibly have too many repeat customers. Thanks for the help!

Extra Parts
Yeppers, had the same

Yeppers, had the same blinking problem. Went to Radio Schack bought the (caps) and replaced the bad ones on the DM board and walaaaaa, kids thought i was a genuis. HA HA. TV turned right on and then there it was lines all over.Looked inside the front and noticed that I had pulled a wire loose on the Red light so" like a dum arse" I reached in and plugged it up. The next thing I knew smelled like Burnt plastic and now the Tv gives me the X-Ray Protect Error Code Error 21. Any ideas other than Giving this tv to my garbage man? BTW when I disconect the PM on the power board the tv stays on like normal, only no picture lol. Someone please help me before I go bald.

Extra Parts
Yeppers, had the same

Yeppers, had the same blinking problem. Went to Radio Schack bought the (caps) and replaced the bad ones on the DM board and walaaaaa, kids thought i was a genuis. HA HA. TV turned right on and then there it was lines all over.Looked inside the front and noticed that I had pulled a wire loose on the Red light so" like a dum arse" I reached in and plugged it up. The next thing I knew smelled like Burnt plastic and now the Tv gives me the X-Ray Protect Error Code Error 21. Any ideas other than Giving this tv to my garbage man? BTW when I disconect the PM on the power board the tv stays on like normal, only no picture lol. Someone please help me before I go bald.

Larry Dillon
I am sory, you will need to

I am sory, you will need to try and find a burnt resistor and let m know what the board number fo r that part is, never ever plug inanything while the set i on. goood luck

Extra Parts
Thanks Larry I found the

Thanks Larry I found the resistor. its the CRT (G) " the green light " circut board. R6G13 so im headed for radio schack to see if they have it. Back to the sodering board.

gschroeder
I checked all my solder

I checked all my solder connections on my ws55511 and the tv not comes on for about 15 sec then turns off. I checked the error code operational check and it gave me an error of 23 loss of horizonatal deflection. What can I look at to fix this problem?

Extra Parts
schroder im not a tech but

schroder im not a tech but heres what i did. disconect the PM wires on the main power board and start tv up. it should come on with no pic. Then i traced the wires to the red crt and diconected the relay to the green and blue, turned tv on and red light worked and tv didnt shut off. next i ran the pm wire to the green without running it to red tv shut off, then checked the blue by its self, and it worked fine. isolating the deflection to the green crt board. look for wires that run between the crt boards and check them one at a time until you find where the deflection is. Thats how I found my problem, but this may not be the correct way to do it, and it may not be the safest way either. Someone told me that those big, huge caps in there hold a charge even when unplugged and can be dangerous if you touch them. be carefull, and always unplug the tv before messing with the wires. Mabey someone can tell me what color the bands and specs are on the R6G13 green crt board so I can replace it and have green color too. I bought 1/2 watt 100 ohm and when i connect the green crt the tv still shuts off. So for now I can use the tv but with no Green

huklebuk
Alright, so I replaced the

Alright, so I replaced the caps and the green light blinks for about a min and shuts off. I also check the codes and am getting 12. I tried turning the tv on and it wont. When I plug it in I can here it getting power it just wont turn on. Am I missing something? Suggestions anyone?

Cavaliere
Like many others, I too am

Like many others, I too am having issues with my Mits TV, model # WS-55807. Try to power on the the TV, I get a click, and it turns off again about 1 second later with another click. No sound, picture, etc. Think it could possibly be some fuses and ICs. Anyone with an extra service manual, or how-to documents to replace those things so I can give it a shot?

Much appreciated!

Kiel
Larry,

Larry,

I have the same blinking light problem. Can you send me the instructions on how to fix the problem at [email protected].

Thanks,
Kiel

Papa
hi Larry

hi Larry
i am still without my wd-52725.so far i have replaced 4 caps on the power board,4 caps on the fmt board,4 caps on the dm board and 2 caps on the term board.i reassembled and still had same result.i dissassembled again,double checked connections,reassembled and this time the green light quit blinking but still no power up.checked code and it came back 1,2.dissassembled a 3rd time,checked everything again visually,reassembled...back to the blinking light.
surfing the net one day i located a brand new power board so i figured what the heck...purchased and installed...same result...blinking light.at this point i figured i would just start replacing the rest of the boards one at a time.it seems like the dm board is most frequently talk about board buti can not find a dm board anywhere,just r/r. if you have any suggestions i would sure appreciate it.
thanks so much
[email protected]

Ryo_Ohki2
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
COuld you send me or someone send me those repair documents? I have a Mitsubishi WD-52725 that has that blinking green timer light.
I read that all I have to do is replace the capacitors.. which is a easy task for me. Just need to know where, and some instructions would help a lot.

Thanks
[email protected]

go_dawgs
Hi Larry!

Hi Larry!

I've got a WD-52825 and we had a power blip the other day and the TV shut off and now all I get is the blinking green timer light. I know I could replace what ever needs to be done, but just need instructions on how to do it and where to get the parts. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated!

Ryo_Ohki2
I have a WD-52725 and I

I have a WD-52725 and I basically removed the lower back side panels. There's a huge modular unit that has all the AV connectors on it.. it actually slides back out. It was a pain getting all the screws off to get the boards. Check the 1000uF & 3300uF capacitors. I'm changing a total of 12 1000uF & 2 3300uF on 3 boards.

AcidBath
I am having the blinking

I am having the blinking green light issue that many people have posted about, I have a ws-55615. if anyone can help me my email is [email protected]

thanks,

Rob

Larry Dillon
sorry but tht model hs

sorry but tht model hs diffrnt issuses. not the same problem

ctomac
Larry,

Larry,
I hope you can help me like you have helped others. We have a Mitsubishi WS-6589. The power company turned of the power today for a few hours. The power is back on, but we get the infamous green blinking light. Reset doesn't help.

Are you able to send the repair instructions to us as you have to others? My email is: [email protected].

Thanks so much,
Chuck

huklebuk
ATTENTION!!!

ATTENTION!!!

Ok, this might be relevant to hopefully a few people. I had the green blinking light that never stopped. I replaced the 7 capacitors on the board and that was it. No other parts replaced. I got the light to stop blinking and couldnt get the tv to turn on still. Also was throwing a code 12. So after tearing this thing apart, I happened to have the front face off (pwr,vol,chan etc). I was about at my wits end when I saw another post from a guy that said that that circuit board was bad. So I went ahead and disconnected it and tried the remote. Lo and behold that baby fired right up. I nearly jumped through the ceiling. So if you replace the caps and everything seems to be working try this out. I think maybe when the caps go it shorts a switch in there somewhere on one of the buttons. The funny thing is the board looks very clean, no crud in the buttons and they all click and seem like they would work. So give it a try, its an easy thing to check and something you might not think about. Good luck!

TomT
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
My TV died with the blinking light on Monday, repair tech came today and told me I was SOL and that I had a $4k bookend, then charged me $100 for the visit.
I google searched 55711 dm board and found this thread, started on page 8 and worked my way to 22.
It appears you are the god to getting this fixed.
Could you please send me the the instructions I have the WS-55711 and my email address is [email protected].
Thank you so much, seems you get that a lot.
Best to you

philly516
Hi Larry!!! i need your help

Hi Larry!!! i need your help more than anything, I have a ws-65411 65 inch mits hdtv 1080 medallion with the green like issue. When i plug it in, the green light goes on for 3 seconds, then blinks a few times then off completely. I do not know what to do or where to start. Please help me! THANK YOU email me at [email protected] thanks! fyi, I get emails on my phone at home so anytime works for me and ofcourse I was planning on watching it tonight....of course!

huklebuk
TomT said: Hi Larry, My TV

TomT said: Hi Larry, My TV died with the blinking light on Monday, repair tech came today and told me I was SOL and that I had a $4k bookend, then charged me $100 for the visit. I google searched 55711 dm board and found this thread, started on page 8 and worked my way to 22. It appears you are the god to getting this fixed. Could you please send me the the instructions I have the WS-55711 and my email address is [email protected]. Thank you so much, seems you get that a lot. Best to you

Tom,

I have this exact same model that I just repaired.  I replaced the seven caps on the dm power board.  It is located inside the silver box on the left side in the back.  Take off the back panel and you should see it.  It has a black cover on it, its where the digital audio connector is.  Disconnect all the wires going to it and it will slide out.  Take off the cover and you will see the dm power board.  Replace the seven caps and check to make sure the micro fuses (small silver squares) have  continuity.  Then put everything back in and try turning it on. 

TomT
huklebuk said:

huklebuk said:

TomT said: Hi Larry, My TV died with the blinking light on Monday, repair tech came today and told me I was SOL and that I had a $4k bookend, then charged me $100 for the visit. I google searched 55711 dm board and found this thread, started on page 8 and worked my way to 22. It appears you are the god to getting this fixed. Could you please send me the the instructions I have the WS-55711 and my email address is [email protected]. Thank you so much, seems you get that a lot. Best to you

Tom,
 I have this exact same model that I just repaired.  I replaced the seven caps on the dm power board.  It is located inside the silver box on the left side in the back.  Take off the back panel and you should see it.  It has a black cover on it, its where the digital audio connector is.  Disconnect all the wires going to it and it will slide out.  Take off the cover and you will see the dm power board.  Replace the seven caps and check to make sure the micro fuses (small silver squares) have  continuity.  Then put everything back in and try turning it on. 

Hi hucklebuk, I have not heard back from Larry for the instructions. Do you have the value for the caps on the board? Anything else you have or I should consider? Thanks.

sapphir3
Larry, The Expert,

Larry, The Expert,

I have a Mitsubishi HDTV intergrated 1080 that for the past 3 days has been only showing the blinking green light and no pictures! Well, I tried to uplug and wait for 20 minutes or so, to no avail. If you can please help me, that would be greatly appreciated!

Larry Dillon
need model numbr as well as

need model numbr as well as where to send it to???

Pages

Connect With Techlore