Mitsubishi WS-55909 green flashing light issue

236 posts / 0 new
Last post
Marcy9999
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

I hope you are still watching this board. Our Mitsbushi is also blinking with the Green Light of Death. Can you please send us the repair instructions that you have been sending out. Thanks! [email protected]

Marcy9999
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

Having the Same problem with our MitsubishiWS-48613 wide screen 48 inch 613.
Can you please sned us the repsir info. Thanks for the help...
[email protected]

HAPPY
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

After a Power failure I am receiving the BGLOD. This has happen before and I have resolved it by reseating all the DM connectors. It does not work this time. Can you send me what you have to test further and possible replace the Caps on the DM PS..
Thanks in Advance
[email protected]

BrentM
Hi Larry;

Hi Larry;

green blinking light on mitsubishi ws65909. Could you please send me the directions

[email protected]

Thanks in advance

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon,

cizorvette
Larry, Same for me.

Larry, Same for me.

[email protected]

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cizorvette
Larry,

Larry,

I have the same problem,

Can you forward to me?

[email protected]

Thanks,

John

joyash
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

My ws-55909 got the same blinking light issue today. Could you let me know how to fix it. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks in advance for the instructions.

Lubee
SSgt Jensen said:

SSgt Jensen said:

Lubee said: I have a ws 55909 with the blinking green light . I replaced all 7 of the capacitors and when i plugged in the tv i still have the blinking green light. I am ready to place the tv in front of a fast moving train. Does any body have any other suggestions on what i should try next. My e-mail is [email protected] any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you check the polarity on the caps?  That could definately be the problem if you replaced all of them. 

Yes they are all installed the proper way.  Any ideas what i should check now?  I am to the point where i think i am going to throw it away and make room for a new flat screen.

HAPPY
Larry Dillon said: The best

Larry Dillon said: The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!! Larry Dillon,

Larry,

Thanks for the site tvrepairkits.com. I ordered the caps from digikey.com part number P13126-ND 10 caps are 6.78 plus less than 3.00 shipping for priority mail. Got them in 3 business days.

Thanks again.

To anyone else reading this remember to put in the new caps with the gray stripe (which is the negitive side) to the gray area on the curcuit board. On the back it should have a + or - to show polarity. Also it takes 60 to 70 seconds for the DM module to boot up when power is supplied. So when you plug in the TV you will get the flashing green light for that time. It will go out after the DM is booted.

Bill

DaveM
Hi Larry - you must be a busy

Hi Larry - you must be a busy (and generous) guy with all the requests you have fielded here! Well, I too have the blinking green LED problem with my Mitsubishi model WS-55909. I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can send - my email is [email protected]. Many thanks!

BOB11
hello could anyone help me. i

hello could anyone help me. i have a mitsubishi ws-55859 and last nite there was a short power outage. ever since the tv won't do anything; just a green flashing light. I've done everything the manual said and still nothing. any help would be appreciated. Thank You My e-mail is [email protected]

Jeannie777
Hi Larry. Can you stand one

Hi Larry. Can you stand one more? Pretty Puleeeeeeze send me the instructions for Mitsubishi WS-55909. I also have the flashing green light of death.

Thank you ever so much!

[email protected]

Jeannie777
Larry Dillon said: It sounds

Larry Dillon said: It sounds like the typical problem these sets have with the DM board. This is a sure tail sign that this is your problem. The fact that you saw it working would indicate that the capacitors in the DM will have to be replaced, all seven of them. Leave an e-mail address and I will forward you the directions, pictures and the service manual. Good Luck

Forgive me if this is a repeat.  I just signed on and didn't know if I needed to reply to your specific post in order for you to reply.

Anyway .... Hi Larry. Can you stand one more? Pretty Puleeeeeeze send me the instructions for Mitsubishi WS-55909. I also have the flashing green light of death.

Thank you ever so much!

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!

anthony 1
Hi Larry - you must be a busy

Hi Larry - you must be a busy (and generous) guy with all the requests you have fielded here! Well, I too have the blinking green LED problem with my Mitsubishi model WS-65909. I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can send - my email is [email protected]. Many thanks!

anthony 1
hello could anyone help me. i

hello could anyone help me. i have a mitsubishi ws-65909 and last nite there was a short power outage. ever since the tv won't do anything; just a green flashing light. I've done everything the manual said and still nothing. any help would be appreciated. Thank You My e-mail is [email protected]

Jeannie777
anthony 1 said: hello could

anthony 1 said: hello could anyone help me. i have a mitsubishi ws-65909 and last nite there was a short power outage. ever since the tv won't do anything; just a green flashing light. I've done everything the manual said and still nothing. any help would be appreciated. Thank You My e-mail is [email protected]

Hi Anthony.  I hope you are able to get a fix for your TV.  I was not that fortunate.  I had the dreaded flashing green light of death so I looked at my options.  I finally called the local TV repair guy and he replaced the capacitors, but that didn't fix the problem.  He then said that the whole DM needed replacing and that would be big bucks.  We decided to buy a new TV instead.  Hated to spend the money, but the new TV does look great.

Good luck!

ShakeMe
Larry Dillon said: It sounds

Larry Dillon said: It sounds like the typical problem these sets have with the DM board. This is a sure tail sign that this is your problem. The fact that you saw it working would indicate that the capacitors in the DM will have to be replaced, all seven of them. Leave an e-mail address and I will forward you the directions, pictures and the service manual. Good Luck

Larry, if you still have this info can you please send it to me at  [email protected]

Thanks.

Davy Ann
Please help me........... had

Please help me........... had a power surge and now all I have is a flashing green light. If you could send me the instructions on how to fix this problem, I would greatly appreaciate it.

Larry Dillon
Davy Ann, The best advice I

Davy Ann, The best advice I can tell you is to go to tv repair kits and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry , the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!!

greenecj1
Larry,

Larry,

Same problem with everyone else. Got accidentally unplugged. Please email instructions to [email protected]. Thank you so much!!!!

tinytim
Larry my ws-55513 was just

Larry my ws-55513 was just hit with the dreaded green blinking light. Could you send me this fix also? Thanks Tim. [email protected]

Dallas Venegas
Hi Larry, Would it be

Hi Larry, Would it be possible to provide the instructions as well to my E-mail address? My WS-55909 also has a problem with the blinking timer light after a power outage.

[email protected]

RMD
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I too have the blinking green light. Ca you please send me the instructions to my email: [email protected]

Bandit73
I'm am experiencing the

I'm am experiencing the "Blinking timer light" Problem on a Mitsubishi WS 55909 TV after a black out. This has happened once before but after about a week I came home from work and the blinking blinking had stopped and the TV worked. Now I have the same thing, if you have the solution to this problem I would be greatly appreciative! Thank you!

[email protected]

Markmlap
Larry I too have ws 55859

Larry I too have ws 55859 with green flashing light after power failure. Can you send me the instructions please. Also i pulled the dm board and none of the caps show any sign of being bad. Could that still be the problem. My email is [email protected]. Thanks

dzlman666
larry, i am having the same

larry, i am having the same problem with a ws55859 unit i got from a friend. could you please send the info to [email protected] thank you

Gary S.
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS-55859 that developed the blinking green light problem after carefully moving the TV to a new house. Please forward your repair information to [email protected] .

Thanks!
-Gary

traveler_54
Larry,

Larry,

We had a power failure and after the power came back, my WS-55859 developed the blinking green light problem. Please forward your repair information to [email protected]

Thanks!
-Bob

Pages

Connect With Techlore