Mitsubishi WS-55909 green flashing light issue

236 posts / 0 new
Last post
mrtbob
Mitsubishi WS-55909 green flashing light issue

Hello to all,

I just bought a used Mits WS-55909 from an individual at an estate sale. I saw it working fine before I bought it, got it home and nothing but a continuous green flashing light, no response to any buttons at all. I was carefull during transport of the TV, so I haven't been able to figure this out. I noticed others have had similar problems, so I thought I'd try to fixthis myself. I am a doiturselfer and do have some soldering experience. Can anyone shed any light on the likely cause and possible solutions? Thanks.

Larry Dillon
It sounds like the typical

It sounds like the typical problem these sets have with the DM board. This is a sure tail sign that this is your problem. The fact that you saw it working would indicate that the capacitors in the DM will have to be replaced, all seven of them. Leave an e-mail address and I will forward you the directions, pictures and the service manual. Good Luck

mrtbob
Hi Larry, Any help is

Hi Larry, Any help is appreciated. My email address is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
The repair documents are on

The repair documents are on their way. Good luck!

Chris H
Larry Dillon said: It sounds

Larry Dillon said: It sounds like the typical problem these sets have with the DM board. This is a sure tail sign that this is your problem. The fact that you saw it working would indicate that the capacitors in the DM will have to be replaced, all seven of them. Leave an e-mail address and I will forward you the directions, pictures and the service manual. Good Luck

Larry,

I have the same problem with a Model WS55859. It worked fine, until we had a 30-minute power failure, then I got the blinking green light.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would send me the same info. to [email protected]

Thanks!

ntwiseman
Larry,

Larry,

I have the same problem, power outage and now the green blinking light and I have tried everything and nothing.  Can you send me the same documents on who to fix the problem.  [email protected]

Thanks,

Neil

Larry Dillon
Neil and OldDog, I will send

Neil and OldDog, I will send out the repair info shortly. Good luck

G-krik
Larry Dillon said: It sounds

Larry Dillon said: It sounds like the typical problem these sets have with the DM board. This is a sure tail sign that this is your problem. The fact that you saw it working would indicate that the capacitors in the DM will have to be replaced, all seven of them. Leave an e-mail address and I will forward you the directions, pictures and the service manual. Good Luck

Larry,

I have a WS-55859 with the same blinking green light problem, caused by a power outage.

Could you please send me information for the fix.

Thanks,

G-krik

sjoberg1356
Larry I know you have heard

Larry I know you have heard this before, But i have the same problem
Can you send me some info on fixing my mit WS55859,green blinking light issue after power outage.

Thanks

sjoberg1356

Larry Dillon
The documents could be sent

The documents could be sent out later this morning IF I had an e-mail address.

sjoberg1356
Sorry forgot

Sorry forgot [email protected]

thanks
sjoberg1356

sjoberg1356
sorry haven't heard any thing

sorry haven't heard any thing, can you still help? [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I have sent those out already

I have sent those out already. I will try it again. Check the bulk or junk mail. Good Luck

Michael S
Same problem with my WS-55859

Same problem with my WS-55859 (4/02). Worked fine for 6 years until powered down. Now, a flashing green light for over 5 minutes.  Larry, would you please provide the recommended solution. Thanks. [email protected],

Rylo
I have same problem with my

I have same problem with my Mitsubishi Big Screen T.V. WS-55909. It worked all fine then all of sudden it just stopped, and now i just get the flashing green light. Larry, could I direction to replacing the DM Board or anyother suggestions would be appreciated? [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I do not really understand

I do not really understand what your asking? but I Do get the jest of it. The directions for your repair are on their way to youy. Good luck!

sjoberg1356
I don't know why I got a

I don't know why I got a response from you, I think you were trying to respond to Rylo. The reason why I am replying is, I hate to bother you, I have been extremely busy, but I have never received the instructions that you have sent me. I know you are busy, but if you could try one more time I would appreciate it so I could get this TV fixed.

Either my e-mail is not working or is there another way I might receive this information? I appreciate it.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
I sent that out to you three

I sent that out to you three times? I will give it another shot. Good Luck

NunyaBizzness
Hey Larry, could you also

Hey Larry, could you also send those directions my way...

I have attained a WS-55909 with the blinking light dilemma.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

ebrown
Hello,

Hello,
I have the same challenge with my Mitsu...Can Anyone please send me the repair docs? I lost a breaker on my fuse panel and now im stuck with the flashing light. Please email it to [email protected]

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Mark Ethington
Hi,

Hi,
I have a WS-55909 with the blinking green light problem. TV was working fine until a short power outage happened(TV was off but plugged in...). I tried unplugging the unit for a few minutes and using the system reset button but all I get is a continuously blinking green light. I would appreciate being sent the directions on how to diagnosis further- DM caps or convergence IC... My email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Mark

MIT WS65909 Help
Larry,

Larry,
About two months ago we began to experience the dreaded blinking green light on our MITS WS65909. The set was working great until we had a power outage and upon reboot all we recieved was the blinking green light. The technician indicated we needed to have the DM board replaced and after two months trying to obtain a replacement DM board through MIT we are now being told they no longer manufacture the part. However, after reading all the pleas for help it sounds like our problem may not require the full replacement of the DM board. Can you provide directions, diagrams and identify parts that you have so generously been supplying others in need. Thanks a million. My email is [email protected]

mitchnbarb
Larry,

Larry,

You are probably sick of getting all these requests, but it would be MOST appreciated if I could also get the repair docs for the DM module. I would very much appreciate it. I have the WS65909 with the blinking green light of death and the repair shop wants $600.00 just to replace the capacitors on the board. I am at [email protected]

Thanks again

tedq333
Larry, I just got home and am

Larry, I just got home and am expereinceing the exact same thing. Could you please forward instructions to me as well. Thank you in advance for your help!!!
[email protected]

Darell
Larry, I am experiencing the

Larry, I am experiencing the same problem.  Could you please forward instructions to me as well.  Thank you.     [email protected]

Danray
Larry, I am experienceing the

Larry, I am experienceing the same situation on my WS 55909... Could you please forward instructions to me as well.... many thanks...   [email protected]

ebrown
If anyone could please send

If anyone could please send me the instructions on how to fix this issue i would be most appreciative. Thanks to all in advance,

Erick

mel16
My daughter inherited a Mits

My daughter inherited a Mits WS 55909, worked fine at my sister's house, but does not seem to turn on in the new location - an older home. We were told there might not be enough power in the outlet. Does the TV require a special outlet, or and I have read, is there another problem that can be fixed.

AinSof
Not sure if the gentleman is

Not sure if the gentleman is still checking this thread.
I would very much appreciate the repair info...same problem

[email protected]

Thanks!

Kml654
Same problem here with a ws

Same problem here with a ws-55909. Dreaded green blinking light. If it is still available, could you send the repair instructions on the DM module.

PVP4U
Larry - I have the same

Larry - I have the same problem. Can you email me the instructions. Thanks

[email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore