Blinking green light

156 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kevin1
Hey Larry I have a Mitsubishi

Hey Larry I have a Mitsubishi WS-65869. Could you send me any info on repairing the blinking green light problem? I took out the DM power board and all caps and fuses look fine but I want to replace anyway. My email is [email protected] Thanks Kevin

jawja1980
Hello Larry.

Hello Larry.
I too, have the famous blinking light problem. I've replaced the capacitors as you've recomended in earlier links, but now I have a second problem. After I turned the tv now, it was fine for about 45 seconds, shut down, had flashing light again, then the unit shut off. I turned the tv on again and it was fine for about 45 sec again, then went thru the same cycle again. Will a cold solder joint cause this or should I try to fine another DM board?
Also, I ordered the capacitors from www.mouser.com and the service was fantastic.
Thanks so much for all the information you have provided in the past.

Larry Dillon
yes of course it could but i

yes of course it could but i doubt it!!!! most likely bad convergence ic's or perhaps the 9 volt 9 volt regulator ic on the signal PCB.

lee8988
I have a WS-65909 blinking

I have a WS-65909 blinking light of death, i took out the DM and brought it to local electronic shop, he said the caps looked good, all tested good, same with the fuses. Then he tested the IC and said it seemed like it might be short?

I cannot find a DM anywhere online to buy what should i do.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
You need to contact

You need to contact Mitsubishi, as far as I know they are no longer available!!!!
Larry D.

Edogg
Hello,

Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi Diamond WS-73711 and I am also expirencing the blinking green light, but then it just shuts off and doesn't respond when I try to turn it on. Would you please be kind enough as to email me the instructions for the capacitators as well. I would greatly apreciate it.

Thank you Sir,

Enoch Espinosa

Edogg
Hello,

Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi Diamond WS-73711 and I am also expirencing the blinking green light, but then it just shuts off and doesn't respond when I try to turn it on. Would you please be kind enough as to email me the instructions for the capacitators as well. I would greatly apreciate it.

Thank you Sir,

Enoch Espinosa
[email protected]

Roger1
Larry,

Larry,
I have the famous WS-65813 blinking green light of death. I Took your suggestion and replaced the 4 caps on the DM Board. I replaced the DM board making sure that the board was seated correctly. I did this out of the metal cage to ensure it was correct. I did this several times. I still have the BGLOD. I borrowed a DM board from a friend, he also has the BGLOD but when his board is used he gets a GREEN LED light lighted on his board. I do not get this does this mean that I have blown one of the white fuses on the DM Board? I am replacing the CAPS on the second DM board today and will try it again.
I have the service manual can you send me any other information (repair manual) you have on this problem I have called several service techs and this DM Board is no longer available. I need to make this work. What type and voltage are the two white fuses?
Thanks
Roger
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
If they measure bad they are

If they measure bad they are 4 amp fast blow surface mounted fuse.dont worry about the voltage the amperage it what is critical!!
Larry Dillon

jb9321
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Thanks in advance for the help. I am in need of as couple instructions. On my Mits WS55511 I have the infamous blinking green light of death. I need the instructions on how to remove the DM, having problems finding out how to slide the main tray out. Also any instructions on replacing the caps and fuses. Thanks [email protected]

jb9321
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Thanks in advance for the help. I am in need of as couple instructions. On my Mits WS55511 I have the infamous blinking green light of death. I need the instructions on how to remove the DM, having problems finding out how to slide the main tray out. Also any instructions on replacing the caps and fuses. Thanks [email protected]

rob311
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a ws-55511 with the same problem one of my kids pull the surge protector out of the wall and now wont turn back on, blinking green light. Please help. If you have anything that would help please email it to me [email protected].

thanks
rob

rob311
Larry,

Larry,

i have a ws-55511 I also have the blinking light issue if you can help please do thanks you.

Thanks
rob
[email protected]

Mike728
If anyone's interested, I

If anyone's interested, I picked up an extra 935C9860 that has already been reworked. I purchased it before I repaired mine on my WS-65909. I'm willing to part with it for what I paid ($75 free shipping). I used it for over a week while I was waiting to repair my original. I just want to mention, it looks like the person who repaired it used a heat gun. Two of the connector cages look yellowish and have a small area chipped off. It has no effect on its operation, however.
Please reply to this thread if you're interested.

Mod's, If I in any way violated your rules, please delete my post. I apologize in advance. I just wanted to give back to a community that saved me from buying a new set.

Thanks!
Mike

jb9321
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I had the BGLOD and replaced the caps and TV works great however, the volume adjustment PIP comes up and takes the volume up to max and stays there like the volume up selection is constantly being selected. Also, the remote does not work. My guess is because the volume control is constantly being selected. Any ideas on what to do. I apologize for re-asking this if it has been covered in a previous blog. Thanks Jim

packrbackr96
I had the dreaded green light

I had the dreaded green light of death as well and found this site, got the repair kit through tvrepairkits.com, and made the repair in about an hours time. The insructructions provided were super easy to follow and made it a quick fix job for way less than the TV guy wants to charge!
I found out now the convergance is bad as well and i just ordered the kit for that repair. If the instructions are as good for this repair as the last i will be able to watch the hockey games after dinner!

Larry Dillon
Press the volume up button

Press the volume up button and see if it has the same small click like the volume down button has, if it does not than the small tact switch is probably bad or you will need to disconnect the front control board. you left no model but we have seen this problem many times on many makes and models
Larry.

don909
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
First thanks for your prior help. About two years ago you helped me diagnose a checkerboard pattern as the formatter board on a WD62725 (donated to me by someone who did not bother to fix it). I was able to swap it with a FMT board from my WD52725 and Now have a working 62". I kept the old 52" for parts for the 62". Now for my new problem. My father in law also has a WD52725 which just got the blinking green light of death so I sent him the the DM board from my 52" parts bin. The DM board worked the last time I tried it a year ago. He has installed it and continues to have the BGLOD. He pulled it back out to check the connections and still BGLOD. Any ideas on where to proceed next?

Larry Dillon
god to hearb that we helped

god to hearb that we helped you in the past but I cannat for reasons unknown cannot send pictures fom here? please contact me at techman32k (at) yahoo(dot) com!!!
Larry Dillon

sonnyc
Hi Larry, can you send me the

Hi Larry, can you send me the instruction as well? My wife's beloved WS-55511 started to blink after a power outage...
[email protected]

Thanks

TexasTrey
Larry,

Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55711 that is about 8 years old and today the green timer light started blinking and I cannot turn it on. Can you give any indication on how to fix it and how much it would be if I did and if I had a repair shop do it.

Trey
[email protected]

KevinH
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I too have encountered the green blinking light of death on my WS 65909 set. can you please send your instructions for the fix?

doublebonus
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Add me to green blinking light problem please.
model # WD52725.

Thank You
Dennis Kovach
[email protected]

Markd03
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

As all the above- I have the green blinking problem, regarding a Mits WS 55711

Any chance you could /would help me out? Your instructions for the fix would be greatly appreciated!

Jacques
I have the 65731 and I got

I have the 65731 and I got the green blinking light could someone email me the instructions for fixing it. My email is [email protected]. thanks guys

Balisdad
Larry,

Larry,

You sure have been the saviour to many people over the years. My hats off to you!! I hope you may do the same for me.

I just found a WS-48613 sitting out on the sidewalk with a free sign on it. I just plugged it in and found the green light on the front blinking....and now I am here. I have no manual, no remote and no idea if I really need these. What I do have is a continuing education in electronics (2nd year student at Community College) I do not want to haul this big ol' thing into school, so if I can narrow it down to one board that would be awesome......Hope you have some info that may help, as it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Daniel M
[email protected]

Scottk1234
I have the flashing green

I have the flashing green light problem on my Mitsubishi Model WS 656-13. Could you pleasesend me the instructions also.

PJQ
I have a ws-55511 with the

I have a ws-55511 with the blinking green light. Can you email me the fix?
Thanks for your help

Mose
I had mine fixed a couple of

I had mine fixed a couple of years ago so I can't be very specific but I hope this helps. Remove the back cover. Then remove the DM board which is in a silver colored metal case, mounted on its side, to the left (as looking from the back into the TV). Open this case and you will see among other things (several capacitors mounted atop the DM board)(I think it was 7 maybe 10 small caps or capacitors). Anyway, these need to be removed and "upgrade". Replace them with the largest capacitors that will fit the area. I do not remember the size but they will need to be soldered to the underside of the DM board. I looked at my DM board after the fix and the capacitors were in there very tight (no wiggle room at all). My WS55511 is still running and I have seen the green light after power outages but it never fails to boot up. Good Luck.

rocketsarefast
Just replaced the capacitors

Just replaced the capacitors in the DM Module per the instructions for our WS-65813, but it didn't work. Can't even get an error code- just have constant blinking green light. I hate Mitsubishi right now. You have to wonder when the manual says to get an error code you press "Input" and "Menu" simultaneously, however we don't have an "Input" button to push. We have Device, AV Reset, Menu, Format, Channel Up/Down, Volume Up/Down and Power. No "Input" showing in the little writing below the buttons either. Reset does nothing. Anyone know how to check the power supply?

Pages

Connect With Techlore