Blinking green light

156 posts / 0 new
Last post
grosario
Hi Larry!  I am another

Hi Larry!  I am another person in desperate need of the manual for the Mits WS -55511.  Please send it to [email protected].  We had a power outage and now we have a blinking green light.  The ironic part to my situation is that this has happend three times before and the television eventually turned itself off (the green light stopped and we were able to power it on with the remote-20-24 hours).  Now, it has been longer and I cannot spend all of this money that I am sure a service tech will require.  I can have someone come out to our home, but I am afraid it will end up being an expensive nightmare when I can fix this between your manual and radioshak.  Thanks Larry!   Shafer

Larry Dillon
I need the model number

I need the model number problem and an e-mail to send you the repair documents.

robertstex
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
I need the model number problem and an e-mail to send you the repair documents.

For some reason, only a small portion of the comment published.  I own the WS-55859 and have replaced the 7 famed capacitors.  Also, I have continuity across the fuse on the DM Power Board (935C9860).  I have good voltages coming into the board.  I have also contacted PTS (name?) Electronics and they are not set up to repair this board.  I have the Service Manual, but I am looking for suggestions, test points, etc.  Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

rob

Larry Dillon
sorry to tell you Rob, but

sorry to tell you Rob, but the DM board sounds like it is defective. Mitsubishi does not support this any longer. The board is no longer available. Contact Mitsubishi and see if they have an option for you?

robertstex
I contacted Mitsubishi.

I contacted Mitsubishi. After some run around I was told to contact the parts dept. 1-800-553-7278. P/N: 935C986002 is available (Part no. 935C986001 is no longer available). However, they will not sell the card to individuals, only authorized service centers.

Larry Dillon
I would start a letter

I would start a letter writing campaign!

bho
Larry,

Larry,

Hopefully, you can help me as well. I also need the documentation for the WS-55511. Additionally, if it is not included, which capacitors are needed? I've read both 1000uf 16V and 1000uf 35V and would like to make sure I get the correct one.

My email is b_hoffman_03 at hotmail dot com

Thanks,

Billy

fred250
I have a ws55511 with the

I have a ws55511 with the green flasing green light after power went off.could i please get the instructions on how to fix it. thamk [email protected]

Rondog
Hey Larry. Also the blinking

Hey Larry. Also the blinking green light after a power outage with my WS-55511 . Will not power on. Email is [email protected]

Rondog
Hey Larry, I ordered the

Hey Larry, I ordered the blinking green kit and just replaced the 7 capacitors on my WS-55511,and now it turns on, but after a few minutes it turns off by itself and blinks for a minute, then I can turn it back on. Any ideas what it could be?

Larry Dillon
make sure in the menu that

make sure in the menu that you have the power saver turned off, if that is not the case, perhaps the EP-2 eeprom board is bad?

Rondog
Larry Dillon said: make sure

Larry Dillon said: make sure in the menu that you have the power saver turned off, if that is not the case, perhaps the EP-2 eeprom board is bad?

Also, I just noticed that after I turn the tv on, I cant turn it off either by remote or by the power button.  Then it shuts down.

asmillie
Hello. I need the repair

Hello. I need the repair procedures for a WD-52725. Could you send to [email protected]?

Thanks.

thebaum
Larry,

Larry,
I was wondering if you could send me the instructions for ws55511. I have the constantly blinking green light. my email is [email protected]. Thanks so much

ttread
Hi Larry I have been bitten

Hi Larry I have been bitten by the green light bug as many people here. I have looked at the capacitors on the dm board they look fine no bulges. I'm going to have an electrician check the two fuses on the board. Any documentation you can send would be greatly appreciated, I have model WS-65869 lot55 dm-142.
My e-mail is [email protected]

thanks in advance for any assistance

ttread
Larry, nothing came through,

Larry, nothing came through, I checked junk mail and inbox this is alternate e-mail
[email protected]
I you would be so kind as to resend

RFrench
Larry:

Larry:

I am through paying eight hundred bucks for this DM job. Could you please send the info for my WS-73711? It would be most appreciated.

Richard

[email protected]

AEKDB94
Larry,

Larry,

I have a 2002ish WS-65909 which lost the blue horizontal resistors. Had a tech replace them and now I have the green flashing light of death. Everything seems to be testing ok out of the DM unit, we have 12v on 6 leads. All fuses seem good and caps look ok. Ideas? Email to [email protected].

Larry Dillon
even if the caps look good

even if the caps look good you should replace them, The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon, tvrepairkits.com-senior repair tech

CRT23
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said: clucyloulou, what's the model number?

Hi Larry I have a Mitsubishi Wd-62725 can you please send me documents or schematics  to troubleshoot problem with the blinking timer green light thank you very much in advance. My e-mail address is [email protected] Thanks Larry.

Howy61
Mitsubishi WS-55900 bought in

Mitsubishi WS-55900 bought in 2009.

Picture was fine last night, then lines skewed diagonally, then became light green background with red and blue lines bowed about 1 inch apart. The set turns on but will shut down about 30 seconds later and have tried rest several time.

The Blue lamp is no longer projecting. Is this as simple as a lamp replacement? Can I check the resitance through the lamp to be sure that is an issue? The set is 7 years old with but has less then 4000 hours on it so I really do not want to replace it yet.

Larry Dillon
that set does not use lamps

that set does not use lamps that are customer replaceable those "lamps"
are picture tubes and probably you have other issues not bad picture tubes. good luck.arryb

Tinkerman
Larry:

Larry:

WD-52525 blinking green timer light. I replaced the large capacitors on the Dm board,signal,power supply and FMT boards. Now when I try to power up The Dm fan comes on and off as it clicks on and off and there is a clicking sound from DA00. The standby power supplies have correct voltage readings.The small fuses also check ok on the boards. The codes do not work just continous blinking. I removed the lamp filter cover and I do not get the red light anymore it was working when I started.Would like to understand and repair my shelf instead swapping boards. Please give a clue what I should look for.

Thank you,
[email protected]

Ninja
Hi Larry !Can you please send

Hi Larry !Can you please send me a repair documents for the DLP WD-62725, problem with green light none stop.my email [email protected]
Thank you verymuch

kelly
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I have the WS-55511 with the blinking light problem. Could you please email the instructions for the fix?
Thanks for this,
Andre
[email protected]

cbishere
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi Medallion HDTV 1080 Series 55" TV with the same blinking light problem I see the others describing. Please send me the instructions on how to fix.

My email is [email protected]

THANK YOU in advance for any help you can provide. I really appreciate it. My expertise is in payment processing, would be glad to help you if you are ever in need of processing help/questions/service.

Cory

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!

T Rock
I just got the famous green

I just got the famous green blinking light this morning. I went the radio shack route and purchased 7 caps for about $14 bucks(1000 micro,35V,85C). I'm not to worried about radioshack capacitors, they work fine for a TV set that sits in a temp controlled home. If it was a fighter engine that thermally cycles everyday, then I'd spec top of the line parts.

It took me less then a hour to do the complete job. I cleaned the RGB lens carefully while I was in there too.

The fix worked perfect and cleaning the lens brightened the screen as if it was new again. I owned a 65" ws model that is about 9 years old now...it's reborn.

Glad I did not need to spend $4K again for a big screen..!!!!

http://www.hdtvoice.com/voice/showthread.php?t=32186

Copy this link and paste to your browser. A person took pictures of how he did his fix and made a repair document in a PDF file you can download. Thats the instructions I used and am very happy I found it...GOOD LUCK.

And stay grounded when desoldering/solder the parts. if your working on a rug make sure or you may arc a ESD(electro static discharge) to the electronics and have a new problem that you may never find...

Larry Dillon
that is the problem man the

that is the problem man the dm never turns off so they are constantly on and the radio shack caps will for sure overheat unless you use the 105 Celsius caps. Also a small fan will keep the caps cool. if you use the radio shack caps they will go bad and this time you might not be as lucky and be able to just replace the caps as a lot of times the caps when they go out will blow out the dm board and I am told that dm is no longer available but it is your set so do as you will take the chance that in 3 months you will need to buy a new set!!!!
Larry Dillon

Rico Suave
Hello,

Hello,

I recently inherited a Mitsubishi WS-55511. Unfortunately, I am only able to view programming for approximately 20-30 minutes before my system shuts down. Immediately after, my device experiences the

Pages

Connect With Techlore