Mitsubishi WD-62825 Blinking Green Light

668 posts / 0 new
Last post
E.D.
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Oh man, that's not what I wanted to hear! I've got a lot more work ahead.
I used the wrong type caps ? I will take my chances with this cap change.
Just kick back and watch my set for now. It's been working great for a week with no issue's to report and the wife's happy to !
Man these sets look beautiful when there working

Thanks for the positive input you guy's are great
E.D

Larry Dillon
ok man but your talkng about

ok man but your talkng about spending now a few bucks and a few hour labor NOW or later over a grand for a new set as whn th RADIO SHack caps go they will for sure blow out the DM board!GOOD LUCK!this is what you need,
http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=140-HTRL16V1000-RC%09

Doc_Chiron
Doc_Chiron said: Greetings

Doc_Chiron said: Greetings Larry Dillon: Proud owner of a WD-Y65 (Circuit City model of the WD-65732 with the memory card reader module left off). BTW: Right now I'm working with Mitubishi Tech support in Irvine, CA on a TVGOS (tvguideonscreen) problem that won't permit a new initial setup. I exhausted the Manila call center's knowledge and got escalated to CSRs not working off of a script! You'd think a Factory Reset would do the job, but nooooo... I'm interested in the WD-62825's monitor out S-Video connector that's obstructed by the sheet metal (likely at the request of the MPAA). I would like to use it to feed my DVD recorder that has a QAM/ATSC tuner but doesn't have a CableCARD slot. I already have 5 AVHDD IEEE1394 external drives for sharing HD programs with family (no piracy here), but not all family members are willing to buy DTV-Link equipped sets. But I digress. I ask because a local WD-62825 owner with a

New member: couldn't see my posting until just now. Picking up where I left off...

I ask because a local WD-62825 is selling it for $cheap$. The unit powers off after a while (duration?) so I suspect the Dm & PS & (?) caps need replacing (even if they aren't the cause).
I have to ask him about blinking LEDs and time before shutdown. He had a $700 repair quote.
What is you opinion (fear no liability) about my chances of restoring full op'n for under $400 incl set purchase? 
Video systems engineer with component level t'shoot experience. DigiBeta studio deck servicing.
Thank You in advance.

Larry Dillon
canot help you o send you

canot help you o send you anything without an e-mail address.

Doc_Chiron
larry: Sorry, I thought as

larry: Sorry, I thought as moderator you had access to my email, but come to think of it I did see many posting that included addresses.
James_DeLuca a t CrestDigital D o T CoM Doc_Chiron
[We edit and record feature films for in-flight entertainment.]

Gonzo
Larry,

Larry,
Please send me the repair info for the continuous blinking green light. I have model WD52825. Thanks,,,,, [email protected]

Mark11
Hi ,

Hi ,
I have a problem with blinkink green ligth, unable to turn TV on. Any suggestions what I need to replace?. Mitsubishi model WD-62725, Thank You

RickyDean
Having read all the comments

Having read all the comments on this board regarding the WD-62825 as well as other models, I am now looking toward a class action lawsuit against Mitsubishi. If anyone would be interested in this action, please contact me at [email protected], or reply to this post. I know a reputable law firm specializing in class action lawsuits. I spent $5,700 on this set less than four years ago, and now for it to be nothing more than an expensive doorstop is plain ridiculous. My local service rep told me that even replacing the chassis wouldn't last all that long and to consider buying the new laser Mitsubishi. It's time for Mitsubishi to own up to its lemon.

Larry Dillon
good luck, as Mitsubishi has

good luck, as Mitsubishi has almot unlimited funds to fight this. and they may settle for a type of small credit towards another one of their sets. what do you expect them to do, they honered their original warranty for one year, as you agreed on when you bought the set. so they will tell you why did you not buy an extended warrantee? I am not on their side but there really is not a lot that can be done unless you can pove that thy knew in advance that theses sets where not going to last long and I would like to see how you will prove that?

RickyDean
Larry,

Larry,

Thank you for your input and your supportive attitude. However, without sounding too harsh, I think you epitomize what's wrong with todayÂ’s society. Granted, Mitsubishi has the capital to vigorously defend such a lawsuit, but given their steady decline in market share, and the ongoing problems they are having with their new TVs, do they really want the exposure? Had I purchased this TV from a start up company there would be no expectation as to quality, but this is not the case. I paid a lot of money for a top of the line television from a major corporation with the expectation that the television would last longer than a couple of years. We live in a litigious society one in which I do not subscribe to, but I feel cheated and misled. There might be people here that saved up to buy this kind of a television only to be cheated by a mega corporation, a foreign corporation at that. Perhaps you are right, maybe there is not a case to be made here, but unlike many, I will not roll over and take it in the shorts with a smile. We all need to do what we can when we can, but I thank you for sharing your thoughts, wish me luck.

GREM
Larry, you are a saint for

Larry, you are a saint for helping all these people, of which I am one with the flashing green light on my 62825. If you can also send me the repair information you have, I would be forever grateful and if there is any way to repay you for your kindness, let me know. [email protected]

GREM
Larry Dillon said: good luck,

Larry Dillon said: good luck, as Mitsubishi has almot unlimited funds to fight this. and they may settle for a type of small credit towards another one of their sets. what do you expect them to do, they honered their original warranty for one year, as you agreed on when you bought the set. so they will tell you why did you not buy an extended warrantee? I am not on their side but there really is not a lot that can be done unless you can pove that thy knew in advance that theses sets where not going to last long and I would like to see how you will prove that?

I may duplicate this request, using the I am new to this forum stuff excuse.  If I could get the flashing green light repair information that you have, I would appreciate it.  [email protected]

jduderdad
LArry, - would like to

LArry, - would like to replace the CAPS in my WD-62825, however the insides look very different from the tray type chassis show in the removal instructions - woul dbe willing to send a few photos of whay I have. Susspect the DM module is on the left side, just not sure easiset way to access.

reply to [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I really do wish you al the

I really do wish you al the luck in the world.

Gonzo
Gonzo said:

Gonzo said:

Larry,
Please send me the repair info for the continuous blinking green light. I have model WD52825. Thanks,,,,, [email protected]

Larry,
Did you get a chance to send the info for my model?
Thanks again....

Deeked
Larry, could you please send

Larry, could you please send me anything that you have on repairing the WD-62825 to [email protected]? I'm desperately trying to repair my TV and really need your help.

Please

Thank You

fixitherself
Larry,

Larry,
WOW...I am glad I found out that I am not the only one. I have the WD-62825 and had the blinking green problem. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still blinking. The tech showed up and plugged it in and all was working fine after the

fixitherself
For some reason my response

For some reason my response got cut off; in it's entirety:
Larry,
WOW...I am glad I found out that I am not the only one. I have the WD-62825 and had the blinking green problem. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still blinking. The tech showed up and plugged it in and all was working fine after the "70 seconds" of blinking. My red LED has been on most of the tv's life with no problems. He said that he could come back and replace some caps that appeared to be leaking but Mitsubishi would make him replace the LED board first. They were going to have to send the board out to be repaired so I said that since my tv was working I didn't want to be without. I've had maybe 6 times that the blinking started but was simply fixed by unplugging but then waiting the "70 seconds"; but now I am dead in the water. Damn blinking green no matter what I do.

Larry could you send me the repair docs you have for the WD-62825 to [email protected].

Thanks,
JJ

anaker
larry can you please send me

larry can you please send me instructions on replacing caps for the mits wd62825 thanks [email protected]

Papa
Explain this one ?? was

Explain this one ?? was awarded the green blinking light syndrome about 8 weeks ago on my wd-52725.took it all apart and replaced 14 capacitors.no luck.took apart again and replaced power module board.no luck,still had green blinking light.after weeks of it just sitting i tried turning the set on with no luck.still green blinking light.just being curious i wondered if the lamp light would blink so i pulled the lamp cartridge out and the lamp light did blink.i then hit the reset button while the lamp light was blinking and heard a fairly loud click in the rear of set.i put the lamp cartridge back in, all blinking lights went out so i hit the power button and bingo...tv comes on like nothing was ever wrong.
if anyone has an answer to this one i would sure like to hear.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
in this case you could have a

in this case you could have a bad light enine or a bad DM board.

kromex2k
Larry,

Larry,

Just got the dreaded green light of death on my WD-52825. Please send me the repair instructions. [email protected]

Thanks!

GREM
Larry,

Larry,

I requested the repair instructions for the flashing green light on the 62825 last week and have not recieved them, checked my junk mail folder and everything. If I could impose on you to try again. Thanks.

[email protected]

Jack Justice
I got the green light of

I got the green light of death a week ago. I am amazed on how many people are now getting this issue. I have a Mits 55513 model. I noticed this happening after my son started playing video games on the TV. I was able to turn it off for a day and light went off. I was able to turn TV back on. My son started playing video games again and now green light will not stop blinking. I opened up the TV and took out the DM Module which was the biggest pain in the you know what to get out. I'm in the I.T. business so I have a friend who has designed circuit boards to replace the 4 capacitors. He is going to use 1500uf 35v 105C capacitors. This should be more than enough to handle the volt issue. I will let everyone know if this resolved the issue. Also, he said if it is a thermal issue than the TV more likely will come on for a little while and then shut itself off when it gets hot. So most likely it is the capacitor issue causing the blinking green light. I had the TV off for a week and it will not turn on. I pray this works. I feel a lawsuit coming on against MITS on this major pain in the neck for everyone that bought these models.

ebinder
Hi Larry....

Hi Larry....

I am still fighting the blinking green LED on my Mistubishi WS-55711. If you could forward to me your repair instructions for this model, it would be much appreciated. I have the service manual already. I know I am looking for some bad caps and possibly blown fuses on the DM board. I just need more detailed direction.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Best regards and much thanks!

JerrHo
Larry,

Larry,

My WD-62825 has the dreaded green blinking light syndrome. Will you please send me your repair instructions for this model. Thank you very much. Jerr

[email protected]

Badandy55
Larry I also have WD62725

Larry I also have WD62725 that the green light is flashing ,I know you are tired of this same repair but i to would like the repair of the caps e mailed to me Thanks a lot Andy

Doc_Chiron
Larry: Apologies if the

Larry: Apologies if the answer to this is SEARCHable.
Why isn't the CAPACITOR replacement info posted such that visiters don't have to beg for the info? Is there a FILES or similar location for that to be placed?

Larry Dillon
IF you would like it snt to

IF you would like it snt to you I need to know where to

Larry Dillon
Doc, I do not make anyone beg

Doc, I do not make anyone beg for it. At least I have not seen it. If some one ask, I will share with them

Pages

Connect With Techlore