Mitsubishi WD-62825 Blinking Green Light

668 posts / 0 new
Last post
norma
Wow... I am new to this site

Wow... I am new to this site and am shocked at how many people have the same problem with their Mitsubshi TV Set WD-52525 blinking timmer green light. I have seen some answers from Larry.... at this point I if I can't fix it I guess its time to start saving for a new one....can anyone help??
My e-mail address is [email protected].
Thank you!!

Rich M
Hey larry I have amitsubishi

Hey larry I have amitsubishi ws 55813 has blinking green light no picture can you help please?

MDG
Hi Larry - I have a WD-62825

Hi Larry - I have a WD-62825 that has the continuously blinking green light. Can you send repair instructions? Thank you.
[email protected]

MAGSEG
Hi Larry, Could you please

Hi Larry, Could you please send me those repair instructions on the mitsubishi WD-62825? Seems mine just joined the "green light" list. Tons of thanks to you Larry. send to [email protected] again thanks alot.

D Nicklaus
The list of victims of the

The list of victims of the "Green Light From Hell" continues to grow. It would also seem Larry has no answer for this problem. None of us have ever heard from "Larry". Perhaps he no longer visits this site. Whatever the case... to seek help here is of no use. Should any of you find an answer, or repair help, please post it so we may all benefit. Good luck to us all.

Larry Dillon
i visit thid site every day

i visit thid site every day just because you may not hsve received anANSWER does not mean I have not tried! I get mail back all the time as undelieverable for some reason or another I am spending a lot of time helping AND getting Canacer radiation along with chemo therapy EVERYDAY. SOME nerve some people have!unsuslly it is the wrong e-mail address, or they do not understand how to open my zipped files. MY personal e-mail addres is posted all over this thread.I am not dead yet lets give that another several months

D Nicklaus
Great to hear you are trying.

Great to hear you are trying. Sorry if I unnerved you and for the challenges you are facing. At least you responded and you are still kickin'. Bringing my WD 62862 back to life is of no importance when compared to saving yours. Best of luck. Just know that all of our prayers will be with you and your family for a quick and lasting recovery.

Richard

norma
I am sorry to hear about your

I am sorry to hear about your health challenges, my aunt is going through a bone marrow transplant and I have seen frist hand how difficult it is. If you are feeling up to it please e-mail me the fix-it link for the "blinking light Mitsubshi TV Set WD-52525". My e-mail addresses are : [email protected] or [email protected].
Thanks again for your time and hope you are feeling better soon.
Debi~

ebinder
Hi Larry....

Hi Larry....

I too have the continuously blinking green LED of death on my Mistubishi WS-55711. If you could forward me your instructions to fix this, it would be much appreciated.

My e-mail is [email protected]

Best regards and much thanks!

Jaye
Larry,

Larry,

I too am a victim of the blinking light. I have a 3 year old Mitsubishi - WD-62825 and after a surge a few months ago my TV locked on the blinking light and will not turn on.

I would appreciate if you could email me instructions on how to change the capacitors, if you think that could also be the problem with my TV.

Please send to [email protected]

Thanks!

RickyDean
Hello all,

Hello all,

Not sure if this board is monitored anymore but our power went out and now I can not get our Mit. 62825 to come back on. The timer light keeps blinking green and no matter what I do it will not stop. If anyone has the fix instructions to fix this I would greatly appreciate it. This is a DLP 2004/5?

Send any info to [email protected]

D Nicklaus
Larry,

Larry,
I hope this finds you on the road to wellness and not living in the Gulf Coast! I have a service manual for the WD-62825 and I can send any pages you think might help.

Andy D.
Larry,

Larry,

Can you please email me these blinking green light repair instructions for the mitsubishi wd-62825 to [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Gonzo
Larry,

Larry,
First off, my prayers to you for positive treatment results. Now regarding my menial problem with my dlp WD52525. I've replaced all the jamicon caps on all pcb's. Seems like some progress. Now the tv may operate for 1/2 hr, 8hrs, or 2 days randomly. One thing for sure is that when it does fail to the blinking green light, this is the consistent symptom that leads to it. I lose actual picture and the picture freezes to random horiz/vertical color bars/lines. From research, seems like the fmt pcb. Any insight is appreciated. Also, can you send me the info you've sent out for my model please. Thanks ([email protected])

jduderdad
Hello - I have a WD-62825 -

Hello - I have a WD-62825 - same issue - bought set in 2004, replaced bulb once 1.5 yrs ago - all was fine until last week - it just blinks green - any instructions you can send woul dbe greatly appreciated - [email protected]

TLW
Hello Larry, It definitely

Hello Larry, It definitely sounds like you a person in high demand. I'm having the same "blinking green light" problems. Reading all the threads, it sounds like my capacitors are the culprit. I, like the rest of the weekend tv repair warriors will give it a stab at fixing the problem myself. Could you send me the manual and instructions? My email address is [email protected].

Thank you in advance, will you and everone post on how it goes.

TLW

howardrx
Larry any chance you could

Larry any chance you could send the blinking light fix instructions for the WD-62825 to me. It seems I am having problems like those described on this site. [email protected]

Thanks in advance
Chris

E.D.
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Please E-mail the repair information to me for the Blinking Green LED fix.
[email protected]

Thank you,

E.D.

E.D.
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Please E-mail the repair information to me for the Blinking Green LED fix for the WD-62825.
[email protected]

Thank you,

E.D.

CMG123
Hi ,

Hi ,
If anyone has the information on repairing the WD-62825 Green LED could they please email me [email protected]

Thank You,

CMG

Carl JR
Hi Larry

Hi Larry
Would it be possible to get a set of instructions on repairing the same blinking green light on my WD-62825 projection television. I am very surprised that Mitsubishi does not have a recall on this unit. I am also surprised that the part needed to repair this unit is no longer available. I have had my television for about 2 and a half years also. I paid over $5000.00 dollars for this tv. Hmmm, I wonder if these class action lawsuit attorneys would be interested in a class acction lawsuit against Mitsubishi to get them to repair these defects in these televisions since there seem to be numerous people with this blinking green light touch of death problem.
$5000 dollars for 2 and a half years is not very good at all.
I don't think I will be buying another Mitsubishi in my lifetime if Mitsubishi does not come through for some repairs on these units.

Thank you Larry

Carl JR
Hi Larry

Hi Larry
Request for repair info on the WD-62825.
I never left my e-mail.
My e-mail is [email protected].

Thank you

E.D.
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I wanted to post this because i think i found a simple work around for the WD-62825 blinking green light. I was able to reset by unplugging the power connector on the board to the right of the DM board (It's a 4 pin connector that is under a bundle of wires ) and then apply power to the set. Wait 1 min. for the set to reset (no flashing green light) and then plug the connector back in. I was then able to turn the set on successfully. I then installed a small ON/OFF switch in a already open hole at the bottom of the board (right next to the cable card slot). This switches power on the orange wire found on the 4 pin connector. It was also easy to modify the cover panel to allow for the switch because of vent holes in that area. Now it works like this - if i lose power and get the flashing green light all i have to do is unplug the set, turn the switch off, plug the set back in, wait  1 min. for reset then turn the switch back on. There has to be an issue with this board to find out if and what it is could cost hundreds. All i know is my set is working for now and thats a good thing. 

D Nicklaus
Larry,

Larry,
Any idea why this would work and could this be unique to his set?
thanks,
Richard

bryanff
E.D. said: Hi Larry, I wanted

E.D. said: Hi Larry, I wanted to post this because i think i found a simple work around for the WD-62825 blinking green light. I was able to reset by unplugging the power connector on the board to the right of the DM board (It's a 4 pin connector that is under a bundle of wires ) and then apply power to the set. Wait 1 min. for the set to reset (no flashing green light) and then plug the connector back in. I was then able to turn the set on successfully. I then installed a small ON/OFF switch in a already open hole at the bottom of the board (right next to the cable card slot). This switches power on the orange wire found on the 4 pin connector. It was also easy to modify the cover panel to allow for the switch because of vent holes in that area. Now it works like this - if i lose power and get the flashing green light all i have to do is unplug the set, turn the switch off, plug the set back in, wait  1 min. for reset then turn the switch back on. There has to be an issue with this board to find out if and what it is could cost hundreds. All i know is my set is working for now that a good thing. 

Hello E.D., I thought I was getting away without swapping the caps to fix the green light problem also by resetting the power. It turned out that it was just prolonging the problem. When my caps finally went, man they went. One popped of its base. This also managed to cause problems elsewhere that I haven't had time to troubleshoot yet. I believe its the caps on the power supply board that are the problem now. The point is that I made the problem worse by not fixing it when it was a much smaller problem.

Good Luck, though!

E.D.
Hi bryanff,

Hi bryanff,
I did replace 12 1000uf 16V caps,4 on the DM board, 4 on the board to the right of the DM board (the 4 pin connector is right above these caps)and 4 on the power supply board. I still had the green flashing LED. All caps looked good.
I replaced them with 1000uf 35V caps from Radio Shack. Just wish i would of discovered this test before replacing caps. Alot of extra work!
Even if the actual issue gets fixed does not mean that blinking green LED would not re-occure in time. I have read that WD-62825 owners have been waiting for monthes for some so called autherized service person to repair there set?
My set has been working every night so fare with no issues. I have installed a UPS power supply to gaurd against power cycles.
Luck is what WD-62825 owners need!

Warning ! the power supply board does store Voltage in the Large capacitors. If removed and handle incorrectly could give you a good jolt (shock) or cause damage.

E.D.
TECH TIP WD-62825

TECH TIP WD-62825
Power supply voltage checks
The 3.3 VDC, 5 VDC and 10 VDC are on the switched power
These voltages will not be present with the green flashing LED
These voltages should be present when the set is switched ON

bryanff
E.D. said: Hi bryanff, I did

E.D. said: Hi bryanff, I did replace 12 1000uf 16V caps,4 on the DM board, 4 on the board to the right of the DM board (the 4 pin connector is right above these caps)and 4 on the power supply board. I still had the green flashing LED. All caps looked good. I replaced them with 1000uf 35V caps from Radio Shack. Just wish i would of discovered this test before replacing caps. Alot of extra work! Even if the actual issue gets fixed does not mean that blinking green LED would not re-occure in time. I have read that WD-62825 owners have been waiting for monthes for some so called autherized service person to repair there set? My set has been working every night so fare with no issues. I have installed a UPS power supply to gaurd against power cycles. Luck is what WD-62825 owners need! Warning ! the power supply board does store Voltage in the Large capacitors. If removed and handle incorrectly could give you a good jolt (shock) or cause damage.

Oh man, that's not what I wanted to hear! I've got a lot more work ahead.

Larry Dillon
DO NOT!! USE THE caps from

DO NOT!! USE THE caps from radio shack as they are NOT the high temp type!!they will go bad in a few months and really cause many other problems, use the ones from digikey or mouser I first recommended.

Doc_Chiron
Greetings Larry Dillon:

Greetings Larry Dillon:
Proud owner of a WD-Y65 (Circuit City model of the WD-65732 with the memory card reader module left off).

BTW: Right now I'm working with Mitubishi Tech support in Irvine, CA on a TVGOS (tvguideonscreen) problem that won't permit a new initial setup. I exhausted the Manila call center's knowledge and got escalated to CSRs not working off of a script! You'd think a Factory Reset would do the job, but nooooo...

I'm interested in the WD-62825's monitor out S-Video connector that's obstructed by the sheet metal (likely at the request of the MPAA).
I would like to use it to feed my DVD recorder that has a QAM/ATSC tuner but doesn't have a CableCARD slot. I already have 5 AVHDD IEEE1394 external drives for sharing HD programs with family (no piracy here), but not all family members are willing to buy DTV-Link equipped sets. But I digress.

I ask because a local WD-62825 owner with a

Pages

Connect With Techlore