Mitsubishi WD-62825 Blinking Green Light

668 posts / 0 new
Last post
bryanff
Hello Larry, I've replaced

Hello Larry, I've replaced the 4 caps on the DM. Sometimes the set powers up with a rolling picture and flashing horizontal lines. Other times, the flashing green light only. Any Ideas? Could you send me the information with the other caps that tend to go bad on this set (WD-62825). [email protected]

Thanks,
Bryan

CowboyFan
I too have the problem with

I too have the problem with my WD-62825 green light from Hades blinking non-stop. My warranty company is sending me a bulb ... and if that doesn't fix it, they'll send a technician out to take a look.

I have an engineering friend of mine that works with this stuff all the time, so Larry, will you please send me the instructions on how to replace the CAPS? Thanks.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Will do man. Good luck with

Will do man. Good luck with the repair. Replace ALL OF the caps!!in the photos.

Number2
OKay Fellas, please bare with

OKay Fellas, please bare with me, as I'm not a electrician.. Just a DIY'er;

I took apart the WD-62825... And for some reason, the caps on the DM board look fine.. See pics below, (click on pic for a larger image, might have to double click to get max size).

Since the caps on the DM board look fine, how can I test them to be sure that they are working correctly? I have a voltmeter..

SIGNAL board, I notice that there is 1 bad cap. C8780 (See picture below). All others look good. Now, since I haven't seen anyother mention about caps on this board, is there anyother caps that I should test or take a double look?

Power board, looks like there is 1 bad cap, C9A37. You have mentioned that the others can be bad.. like above, how do I check to see if they are good or bad?

So with these 2 caps C9A37 & C8780, would this cause the fast blinking green light? Or should there be more to it?

Larry Dillon
I replace them all

I replace them all automaticly. It fixes 60% of sets like this that I get to repair. If it does not work, you spent a few bucks in caps. Not 150 bucks for a service call. You also do have another option. contact ptacorp.com and see what they would charge you to rework the chassis. Good Luck

jgriebling
Larry,

Larry,
Please send me the instruction. Also, beside replacing the caps on the DM board, are there any other boards should I be looking for? Thanks

[email protected]

mbjst
Larry,

Larry,

If you could send me the info on repairing the caps it would be greatly appreciated. It appears my set is following suit.

Thanks
mbjst
[email protected]

tking272002
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I'm sure these requests are just going to pour in. When you get a chance can you forward me the tech guide for replacing the caps.

I may have another issue: There seems to be at least two fans in the unit and when the tv is turned off, one of the fans remains on at all times. There is a small steel cover on the back CableCARD Slot that is too hot to touch and that area is rather warm. It stays hot even when the tv is off all day. I'm thinking whatever is causing that heat is requiring the fan to stay on. It has done this for over a year with no effect to the tv until the recent "blinking light of death".

Your time is greatly appreciated.

Travis King ([email protected])

Kristal
Hi larry I have been trying

Hi larry I have been trying to fix my WD-62825 for a couple weeks now. I replaced the entire DM board and power board. Still has the blinking green light. Are there any other things I should look at? I noticed the cluster of four capasitors on the FMT board looked bad but not sure. Any info would be appreciated, my e-mail is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I will send to you the repair

I will send to you the repair direction I have, Hope this helps.

Mimix
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

It appears that you are the man of the hour. I was wondering if you could send me a repair doc for the Mitsubishi WD-62825 as well, as it seems that I too am a victim of the green light of death.

Also, I've read a lot about people wanting to join a class action law suit but I can't seem to find any information on it. Do you know anything about it?

Thanks for everything.

Mimix
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

My appologies. I forgot to include my e-mail.

[email protected],

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks again.

jdbrown
Larry, YAHO (Yet Another

Larry, YAHO (Yet Another Happy Owner). I also have a 62825 with the blinking green light. Unplugging actually corrects the problem but a couple of hours later whether watching it or not the blinking light comes on and it stops working. Please send the repair guide to [email protected]

Thanks Much!
Jeff

RJZ
I have the same green light

I have the same green light blinking problem. The set was taken apart by a Mitsubishi repair shop eight months ago and it is still apart in my den. They say they need a DM board and that none are avaialble. I would like to join that class action suit. [email protected]

Larry Dillon
What class action? I do not

What class action? I do not understand what the problem is, If they were an authorized Mitsubishi repair center, I would call up Mitsubishi and complain about that. I am sure they will straighteen out the problem. I have seen or hear of some who get a new or rebuilt DM in a day or so.

Murdock massie
Hi can you help me I have a

Hi can you help me I have a mit wd62725 with green timer light bliking I change 4 1000 16v caps on dm 4caps on fm 4 on power board and 2 3300 on power board and still have the same problem any help will be thankful Thank you very much Please email me at [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Now it is time to trouble

Now it is time to trouble shoot and measure some voltages. The most trouble I have seen with this set after the capacitor replacement is a connector was left out or you are missing the 3.3 volts in the standby power supply.

Erameys
I have a WD-62825 and am

I have a WD-62825 and am having the blinking timer light problem as well.  Larry Dillon if you could please send me the instructions as well as specify what types of capacitors I should use I would greatly appreciate it.  I will also send you a PM to ensure you receive the request.

Erameys
Silly me. Please send this

Silly me. Please send this to: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Oh it's way to you. Good luck

Oh it's way to you. Good luck with the repair

Misseerom
Larry please send me the

Larry please send me the instructions for repairing my WD-62825. I am having the same problem as many with the green timer light flashing. Thank you very much.

[email protected]

Murdock massie
Larry Dillon I have a mit Wd

Larry Dillon I have a mit Wd 62725 tv and I Have the blinking green timer light on for ever I change the 4 1000 cap on dm 4 on fmt 4 on powersupply and 2 3300 cap on power supply If their is some thing wrong I am doing can you sent me a picture or a diagram how to repair it also is the 3.3v on standby pw has to be on when tv is off or on. Thank You Very much for everything [email protected] Larry I check I have no 3.3v on standby pw next to the ic9a21 and Q9a20 If you can tell me what are the reading on the ic and Q9a20

jdbrown
Larry,

Larry,
Sorry to bug you again. The repair guide you sent must have got dropped along the way. Could you resend it to [email protected]?

Thanks again,
Jeff

Erameys
I too have not gotten the

I too have not gotten the mail with the attached directions. Please resend to [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Man Therrev must be 1000 or

Man Therrev must be 1000 or so undelevered e=mails out there in cyberland hoping for a deliverl?

bryanff
Hello Larry Dillion,

Hello Larry Dillion,

I also did not receive the directions/instructions a while back but I didn't want to be a burden to you and request it again. You have been answering so many people's requests that resending them just seemed like pushing it a little. With that said, could you send them to me again? I'm sure everyone greatly appreciates your help; I know I do!!

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
On it's way to you again Good

On it's way to you again Good Luck! btw, very pretty wife and a handsome son. Lucky guy. your wife have any sisters who like older men? LoL

Erameys
Ok. Not to be ungrateful,

Ok. Not to be ungrateful, seriously where is the guide thats going to be delivered. I am beginning to wonder if your a scam.

Larry Dillon
excuse me? a scam what type

excuse me? a scam what type of scam would this be? I send out about 100 or so a day, They get lost somehow? I will try again but you need to chill man!

jdbrown
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
Man Therrev must be 1000 or so undelevered e=mails out there in cyberland hoping for a deliverl?

Larry,

Needless to say there is one more undeliverd email.  LOL.   I checked my the spam folder and the virus filter  and found no trace.  Let's try a different email address.   Can you send to [email protected]

Maybe that will work.  

Thanks,

Jeff 

Pages

Connect With Techlore