Mitsubishi WD-62825 Blinking Green Light

668 posts / 0 new
Last post
jaybird
Hi folks!

Hi folks!

I inherited a 52825 with the BGLOD issue and decided to take a swing at repairing by replacing the caps.  I replaced:  The two 3300's and four 1000's on the power board, as well as four 1000's on the DM.  Now I don't get a blinking green light, or any lights, I can hear the big transformer on the PS board buzz and no power to speak of.  When I have the chassis fan hooked up, it turns sporatically.  It seems by the way the buzzing gets louder and then quiet and the fan turns and stops, that the little bit of power going to the set is pulsing?

I had put it back together after just replacing the two 3300's and the problem began then, so I don't think it's related to the 1000's.  I have also replaced the 3300's again just in case I bought a bad cap and it's the same.  BTW, I am trying to run it with the chassis out of the set but all wires / cables hooked up. 

With my limited electronics experience, I know that a buzzing transformer usually doesn't necessarily mean the x-former's bad but something down stream is messed up.  What is going on?

Dis-A-Pointed
Update...

Update...

As noted previously above, my 12 1000uf caps didn't fix my problem... I just got off the phone with PTS Corp http://www.ptscorp.com/ and they charge a $50 fee to check the DM board on the bench... If it's bad, they will repair it and send it back to me for $254.50 (flat fee but still MUCH cheaper than a new one)... All you have to do is package it up, mail it to them with all of your pertinent contact information and TV model inside the box (they fix all the boards if you have others in question) and they will call you when they receive it to get your credit card information.

Shipping address for anyone interested is:
PTS Corp
2000 South Liberty Drive
Bloomington, Indiana 47403

Pretty slick if you ask me... I'm going to send the Power board and the FMT board in too since I replaced capacitors on all three and they only charge $50 for each board if they are good so I can hopefully get my tv back soon...

I'll let you all know how it all goes!

Kobe
Dis-A-Pointed said: Update...

Dis-A-Pointed said: Update... As noted previously above, my 12 1000uf caps didn't fix my problem... I just got off the phone with PTS Corp http://www.ptscorp.com/ and they charge a $50 fee to check the DM board on the bench... If it's bad, they will repair it and send it back to me for $254.50 (flat fee but still MUCH cheaper than a new one)... All you have to do is package it up, mail it to them with all of your pertinent contact information and TV model inside the box (they fix all the boards if you have others in question) and they will call you when they receive it to get your credit card information. Shipping address for anyone interested is: PTS Corp 2000 South Liberty Drive Bloomington, Indiana 47403 Pretty slick if you ask me... I'm going to send the Power board and the FMT board in too since I replaced capacitors on all three and they only charge $50 for each board if they are good so I can hopefully get my tv back soon... I'll let you all know how it all goes!

Disappointed to hear that as well. Thanks for the info, I might need to contact PTS. Could you please email me instructions how to replace the caps and pull the DM board out? My email is [email protected]. Thanks a bunch and good luck!

Mikecohn
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I think we are having the same problem with a Mitsu WD 52825. The fan is running but the timer light is flashing green. Can you please send whatever repair info you have? Thanks, Mike [email protected]

Dis-A-Pointed
To everyone,

To everyone,

I've never heard from Larry, so it's possible his health problems may have gotten the better of him... I don't have specific pictures or instructions (although I did find some pictures on other websites) but I can direct you to the service manuals that are online. They aren't very detailed, but with some time, bravery, and patience you can take it apart and put it back together on your own (as long as you have somewhat mechanical/electrical instincts) as I did.

The service manuals available (for this TV and others) on this website are here:
http://www.techlore.com/group/2/list_downloads

Good Luck... ;-)

BrokenDLP
I replaced 35 radial caps

I replaced 35 radial caps ranging from 330uf to 1000uf and 4 100uf SMT caps.  I still got the green light!  Out of the 39 caps I replaced, 30 were puffed. 

I received an email from a guy about how to perform a reset of the DM board, and it works!

Locate the DM board and remove the connector labeled "FC".  Plug in your TV and wait for the hard drive fan to turn on, then off a few times and the LED will finally go out.  Now, plug the "FC" connector back in, and go watch TV!  The only gotcha is that if you remove the power from the wall, you have to repeat the procedure.  You can put a toggle switch between the orange wire that goes into the "FC" connector.  This way, you can remotely do the reset.  The DM is still broken, but this bypasses whatever check is done to allow you to watch TV.

E.D.
As i stated before in a

As i stated before in a earlier reply - I wish i found the power connector test
on the DM board before taking the chassis all the way apart and replacing all those good caps. this would of saved alot a time.
Lets see - spend more money and wait 6 months for somebody to preform a questionable fix or do the test. If it works all you have to do is install a simple switch that no one will see but you.
I'am still watching mine with no issue's to report
Suggestion - add a 500 watt UPS power supply to the AC power. This will protect
against power outages and power spikes.

Dis-A-Pointed
Hmmm...

Hmmm...

Well, just my luck... As I was taking it apart to mail my boards to PTSCorp, I thought I would try this board "reset" mentioned above... I found the connector labled FC (it's on the FMT board which in E.D.'s original post described as a four pin connector under a bundle of wires on the board to the right of the DM which is exactly where I found it) disconnected it, and the BGLOD still won't turn off... Tried diconnecting it with power, without power, also tried KP on the DM board (same four pin connector with same colors from power), tried both at the same time, hit reset button, waited 30 minutes... Nothing but blinking green... So it apparently doesn't work for all of them (just like the 1000uf caps don't work for all of them)...

Damn, Damn...

E.D.
1.unit must be UNPLUNGED from

1.unit must be UNPLUNGED from AC power
2.disconnect the four pin connector on the FMT board
3.Apply AC power to the unit
The set should take around 1 min. to reset (you will hear the disk drive run then stop then run again then stop).
At this point verify that you DONT have the Flashing Green LED
Do Not unplug from AC power
4.CAREFULLY plug the four pin connector back in
verify that you DONT have the Flashing Green LED
5.turn the set ON

Dis-A-Pointed
Did that...

Did that...
Had the chassis with covers off sitting on a chair behind the TV...
10 (probably more) times...
Didn't work...
Like I said tried plenty of other combinations last night too...
Blinking green light never turned off no matter what I did...
Several hours later, I took the boards out and packed them up...
Oh well, hopefully PTSCorp can fix my boards...
Thanks for the tip, hopefully it will work for someone else...

joshzee
i amhavng the same green

i amhavng the same green blinking light problem on my wd-52825. can u please send me the instructions on how torepair the problem. my email address is [email protected]. Thank u

Claire Everts
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I am I have joined the club because I too have the green blinking light. The TV repair guy wanted $500 for repairs with only a 90 day guarantee and I decided no way. So here I am. looking for repair instructions. I too have the WD-62825. I have tried to take all the screws off the back to try and get a look inside but I can't even get the cover to come off. Any words of wisdom are appreciated

Rockinusa
.... I need your email

.... I need your email address to add you to our list for the class action.

Hello,

I am also experencing the green blinking light on my Mistubishi WD-62627 (Feb 2006 Build)

If any one has any docs or info that might help, please email me at [email protected] ...

Also you can include me in any class action lawsuit out there for this issue... please email me!

Thanks, John 

omarie
MY SET (WD62825) WAS WORKING

MY SET (WD62825) WAS WORKING FINE UNTILL I PRESSED THE SYSTEM RESET NOW THE GREEN BLINKING LIGHT.. LARY PLEASE SEND REPAIR INFO TO [email protected] THANKS PAL..

dkkruse
Wow, it's hard to believe

Wow, it's hard to believe that there are so many of us who have the same problem. Imagine how many more less technical people have been affected out there! Definitely a flawed design to a great TV.
My issue is a little different in that my wife just managed to power cycle and reset the TV so that it is now temporarily working - but this has happened about 10 times now. However, I'm not sure I'll be so lucky next time.
I have a WS-52825 (2006), never replaced the lamp, but have been intermittently getting the dreaded green timer(power) blinker since this fall.
Digikey is out of the recommended Panasonic caps. I will try to order from a different source. I can build my own computers and have built my own speakers, doing the design and soldering of the crossover, but I have never worked/soldered on a circuit board.
I have already downloaded the V_26 Service Manual. What do you recommend I do now? This last episode came when I tried to plug it in to a 300 watt APC - at my wife's request, I plugged back into the old power strip and she got it to work right away. So I'm going to hold off on the APC and anymore unplugging for now.

All advice and success stories/pictures welcome. I'm not sure you can add me to the class action suit since I'm not dead yet!

Thanks & good luck to all!

-Dave

drdavekruse (a) gmail.com

AaronNY
I too have a WD-62825 and it

I too have a WD-62825 and it was working GREAT... I JUST bought the TV from a friend and it was working great every time I turned it on (which was like 4 times total).. We couldn't get it to work with regular basic CABLE so my friend decided to hit the RESET button to reset the TV... NOW we are getting the fast blinking green light and nothing else. The TV will not turn on. Could this have to do with some sort of CHIP issue when you hit the reset button it doesn't quite erase things? Just a thought.. Thanks.

dkkruse
OK, my 52825 died 3 hours

OK, my 52825 died 3 hours before the superbowl. Digikey is out of the recommended capacitors as well. How does this look? http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=020-1750

Any more instructions/advice appreciated!!!!

CalRich
Dave, The parts express parts

Dave, The parts express parts will work fine. Regards, Rich

B-rent
Could someone please PM me

Could someone please PM me the directions for repairing main board of a WD-62825. Thanks

rockygreatdane
I have green blinking light

I have green blinking light on wd-62825 tried reset button unplugged for days still blinking paid 3500 tv is in living room and hardly ever used have thankfully we have 2 other hd tvs sign me up for class action suit

rockygreatdane
have dreaded green light of

have dreaded green light of death on wd-825 tried reset button unplugging for days but nothing but blinking green light paid 3500 7/05 tv is in living room and hardly ever used wouldn t be turned on for weeks sometimes We have 2 other big hd tvs

AaronNY
That suck.. atleast I paid

That suck.. atleast I paid $1300 for mine and it works MOST of the time.. I will give you $300 for yours! =)

PLEASEHELP
The Unplugging of the FC

The Unplugging of the FC connector worked for me!
Unbelievable! I put a toggle switch in, and now I dont have a $3000 paper weight anymore!
Thanks to all who have responded to this problem. Everyones input is a big help.
This board is the best....Its a shame Mitsubishi has made us all resort to having to perform these tests and repairs on our own.

lilly88
Hi,

Hi,
Thank to all the peoples that help me with the 52525 TV blinking green light. I removed and change all the caps and now it work fine thanks. It cost me only $8.00 dollars for caps plus $115 for the lamp.

I have a Sony DKL-32L4000 Tv that my picture have vertical small lines and it look like it discolors. Help

brental
I have a 52825 what was

I have a 52825 what was having the blinking green light and a able to get it to turn on by unplugging it. Now im not getting any lights. The hard drive turns on when plugged in. Does anybody know which test points should have voltages on them in standby?

Also is there a website for the mits class action law suite?

RichA
I have a 62825 which also had

I have a 62825 which also had the blinking green light. I changed 4 caps on power supply board and the set turned on after about 20 minutes of more blinking, but with a slight snowy, wavy picture. So I changed 4 caps on DM board and 4 caps on FMT board. A little better. Anybody have a complete list of all caps that should be replaced(i.e. values and locations)? Thanks.

Tarace
hay i have done every thing

hay i have done every thing to get my working so i tryed the fc concoter thing that brokendlp said wow it worked going good every sence thanks id try if i was u so i unpluged the tv found the fc connector un plugedd it pluged the tv in wait a min green light went out then pulged the fc con. in turned on the tv good every sence

bill0680
I have a wd62725 with the

I have a wd62725 with the green light issue. Can you send me a repair manual and service manual? I also need some instructions on how to remove my dmboard from the back of the set. Do you have a guide for pulling the board?

Thanks, Bill

[email protected]

Tarace
hay just do the fc reset

hay just do the fc reset thing works good

Todd Gilchrist
Larry,

Larry,
My Mitsubishi 62825 just started the green blinking light of death. I changed the bulb, and it turned on for a minute then shuts off and blinks green. Seems like I just dealt with a red blinking light of death on my xbox. Anyhow can you send me the Mitsubishi 82825G fix to me at [email protected]
Very much appreciated.
Todd

Pages

Connect With Techlore