Mitsubishi WD-52525 has a continuious blinking light

1707 posts / 0 new
Last post
WillTechSavy
No clue William. I put my TV

No clue William. I put my TV back together after changing every known issued piece. I get a green solid light like everything is working. Fan is working. Blub is fine. Just no screen showing up. I am at my wits end and ready to throw the entire thing on the burn pile...

William Henderson
Well, I have instructed the

Well, I have instructed the family to go ahead and call the cable company about "reparations" and the local TV repair, to fix it.

Larry Dillon
JV, the TV did not fix itself

JV, the TV did not fix itself and if you do not replace the four 1000MFD @16 volts capacitors now, you will spend 1000 bucks for a DM. That is the first indication that the DM is going bad. Replace the caps for 5 bucks now or pay a grand later.

Larry Dillon
You need to change every

You need to change every capacitor that is on the repair documents. The problem with the Wavey lines sounds like bad capacitors in the DM or on the FMT board.

PerryK
Well, I see I'm not the only

Well, I see I'm not the only one in this predicament. I too have a WD-52725 Mitsubishi with a blinking Green Timer light that just won't quit.

Larry, would you be so kind to forward me your capacitor repair process? I know there are no guarentees!

Much appreciated,
PerryK
[email protected]

HB
Larry, I have a WD-52525 with

Larry, I have a WD-52525 with the continuious green blinking light problem. 

Would you send me the information to do the repair. 

My e-mail address is:  [email protected]

Thanks

Larry Dillon
I will send these repair docs

I will send these repair docs out shortly to both of you. Good Luck!

gugie
I heard that there was a

I heard that there was a lawsuit in California against Mitsubishi for these defective sets that stop working after 2-3 years.  Anyone know about this, and is there any thought of opening it up to the rest of the country.  I have replaced the capacitors on all 3 boards, DM, FWT, and Power and still have the red light saying the lamp is no good.  The lamp lights for 15 seconds and then goes out and then the diagnosis code read 34.

HELP!!!

DHillman
Hi Larry and all. I have a

Hi Larry and all. I have a Mitsubishi 52525 with a blinking lamp light. I push both the Device and Menu for 5 sec and get blinking code of 3 flashes then 4 which is error code 34 for Lamp abnormality. The lamp is is new, just replaced couple months ago. First lamp replacement since we bought it approx 2.5 years ago.

Larry or anyone else, could you send me that repair doc you have? I would greatly appreciate it. email is [email protected]. Cheers!

FYI - here are the possible error codes for the 52525 if needed:

12 No error detected
22 Recovery from momentary Reset
32 Lamp Cover open
33 Air Filter Cover open
34 Lamp abnormality
35 Chassis Fan failure
36 Exhaust (Back Cover) or Lamp Ballast Fan failure
37 Engine (DMD or Lamp) Fan failure
38 Excess Lamp Temperature
39 Excess DMD Temperature
41 Short Detected
44 DVI Cable (between Chassis and Engine) disconnected

Larry Dillon
You could have a bad ballast

You could have a bad ballast circuit board or maybe bad capacitors in the power supply? I will certainly send you out the info, BUT you have a lot of capacitors to change out if you wish to save a ton of cash. Good Luck.

Larry Dillon
Gugie, the ballast board is

Gugie, the ballast board is bad, man, replace that you should be good to go.

gugie
how  do I replace the ballast

how  do I replace the ballast board?

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Page 11 of the service manual

Page 11 of the service manual, "Accessing and removing the lamp ballast"

MJDGator
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I am also having the blinking power light problem (WD 52525). Can you send me the service manual and rapair info?

[email protected]

I bought the extended warranty so the set is still covered for another year but it takes them like 5-6 weeks before I get the TV back because they have to get prior authorization from the insurance company. This will be about 4th or 5th time in the last 12 months the TV has gone to the shop. Hopefully doing it myself with better capacitors will be more of a permanent fix to these board issues. I just hope my local shop has the caps in stock.  I take it that none of the caps being replaced need to be discharged first?

Would you recommend going with 25v caps or even 35v maybe?

Thanks.

lainyjay
Hello, my TV has come down

Hello, my TV has come down with the blinking green light of death. I own a Mitsubishi wd-52725 52 inch TV. Approx 3 yrs old and one day it just went on the fritz. I would hate to spend mega bucks for a repair. Can you send me the manual to fix this? My email is [email protected]. I really appreciate your help and any info you can give us.

Larry Dillon
On it's way to you but you

On it's way to you but you will need to have some solid state repair experience such as soldering as well as working on printed circuit boards. I will certainly share with you the service manual as well as the repair document that does show you what capacitors that do go bad MOST of the time in this TV set. Good luck

SaveMe
Larry, I have a WD-52525 with

Larry, I have a WD-52525 with the flashing red light problem. I powered cycled the set and it worked fine for a little bit.

Could you send me a copy of your instructions / service manual to [email protected]

Thanks!

Larry Dillon
The directions and repair

The directions and repair documents will be sent to you ASAP. Good Luck

HB
HB said: Larry, I have a WD

HB said: Larry, I have a WD-52525 with the continuious green blinking light problem.  Would you send me the information to do the repair.  My e-mail address is:  [email protected] Larry, Thanks for sending the info.  After replacing the DM Caps C81A2, C81A3,C81B3 C81B4 and gthe 4 FMT Caps C8F19,C8F21, C8F22 and C8F27 I still get the flashing green and after numerous resets I get a flashing red that gives me a code 35, (bad Chassis Fan).  Which fan is this?  Any other suggestions?  Sometimes I do get a picture and sound that only lasts for about 30 secs and then everything shuts down.

[email protected]

hondagirl
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I have a WD 52525 Mitsubishi DLP, I am having the blinking timer light problem.
My tv will not turn on.
Could you send me a copy of your instructions / service manual.

Please email to:
[email protected]

Thank You Very Much!

Larry Dillon
On it's way to you. Good Luck

On it's way to you. Good Luck with the repair

mcmill45
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I just bought a used WD-52525 (because it seemed to get great reviews on Amazon.com and other sites...) and it worked
beautifully for about 45 minutes. I paused my movie for about 20
minutes, then came back and tried resuming play. When I came back to
finish the movie and turned on the TV, the screen was blue with fuzzy
flashing stuff in the center. I wasn't sure what was going on, so I
figured I'd let it rest overnight and mess around with it today. When
I turned the unit back on this morning, the screen was flashing all
different colors almost like a strobe. I let it sit for awhile and
tried it again. Now, there is no picture and after about 1 minute the tv shuts off by itself
and the lamp light indicator goes solid red. I took the lamp out and
it looks fine. The person I bought it from said he never had any
problems with the TV and that he replaced the lamp about 2 months ago.
I can't afford to have someone else look at this - I'll need to fix it
myself. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Matt
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
You have bad capacitors in

You have bad capacitors in the power supply, FMT board and the DM board. I will forward you the repair directions and service manual. Good luck

ryanz3
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a WD-52525 and am now getting a non-stop flashing green light. I was watching TV yesterday and all of a sudden the screen turned blue and indicated I had lost the input. I tried various inputs but none of them worked. A couple times the picture was scrambled and audio did work. Now I just have the flashing green light all of the time. What are your thoughts? Bad caps? Can you send me the WD-52525 service manual and any instructions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ryan
[email protected]

mcmill45
Larry -

Larry -
Got the stuff...thanks! A few questions:

1. Do you have instructions for removing the power supply and FMT board or will it be pretty obvious once I open up the TV and get the DM board out?

2. I'm making a shopping list of the capacitors needed and am having some trouble. I know to get the 4 Panasonic guys (P13119-ND) for the DM board, but I'm a little confused on what items to get to replace the capacitors on the other two boards. You sent me links for two different capacitors from mouser, but in the pictures of the boards, it looks like most of the capacitors are different sizes...am I to use only two different types of capacitors to replace all the ones marked in the pic? If yes, which ones replace which? Some clarification would be very helpful. I'm hoping to have all the replacement capacitors I need BEFORE I open up the TV.

Thanks!
Matt

Larry Dillon
Each capacitor is marked

Each capacitor is marked 3300mfd @ 10 volts or 1000mfd @ 16 volts. The two part numbers I gave you are the 3300mfd@16 volts and 1000 mfd@16 volts. Replace all of the caps. When I do this I repair about 60% of the sets I work on. You need ABOUT 15 1000mfd and 2 3300 if I am not mistaking. Good luck

bana
Larry -

Larry -

Thanks for all the info. Changed all 14 caps on my WD-52525 and it worked like a charm.

Larry Dillon
Great news man! you fell into

Great news man! you fell into the 60% range . GFlad to hear I could assist you.

mcmill45
Larry -

Larry -
Sounds good. I went ahead and ordered a few extra caps just in case. When I take out the DM board will the FMT and Power boards be right next to it? I don't remember seeing directions for taking those out.

Also...does the WD-52525 need to have the computer fan put in? I'd rather not mess with it if I don't need to, but at the same time I'd rather have a TV that works beautifully that I hopefully don't have to open up ever again (or at least not for a long time!). Thanks for your help man!

Matt

Larry Dillon
No you do not need the fan in

No you do not need the fan in this model or let's say I have not ever installed one.

Pages

Connect With Techlore