Last post
George P
Sorry I forgot to post my

Sorry I forgot to post my email address:  [email protected]

Thanks,

George

George P
Well after a lot of work, I

Well after a lot of work, I got the metal electronics enclosure out of the TV.  After even more work I was able to seperate the boards and get to the DM board.  This is the one in the middle of three bords in the front.  The capacitors do not look swollen on this board.  A few of the caps on some of the other boards are a little swollen.  I have not bought replacement caps yet, so I guess I will stop for tonight. 

For those of you thinking of trying this repair, note there are a million screws, connectors and cables to deal with.  I am wondering if I will ever it get it back together.  At least Mits did a good job labling the connectors.

Larry, are you still out there?  Any advise?  I could still use the service manual and repair instructions.

Thanks,

George

frnak
Hi Larry - like many other

Hi Larry - like many other folks on this site I too have issues with my Mitsubishi 52525 that have been noted on the forum. I would truely appreciate a copy of the manual. I assume I can scan your articles for the tips and tricks to fix most common problems? I can be reached at [email protected]

Kind regards,

Frank C. 

THECOWELL
 Larry

Larry

We too now have the blinking green light.
 We own a Mitsubishi 1080i 55 inch TV, model number WS-55613.
I loose the piture, goes black but the tv power is still on.
 I can review the tv menu.
THE SCREEN THEN GETS A LOT OF COLOR LINES IN IT.
I SHUT IT OFF WAIT 1 MIN
COMES BACK ON FINE SOMETIMES FOR A FEW HOURS
OTHER TIMES EVERY 5,10 MIN.
HELP WHAT MUST I DO TO FIX THIS ?!!?

Now it is just blinking, Please send me the service manuel.

Greatly appreciate it.

MY EMAIL IS [email protected]
THANK YOU!

wineyjudy
Seems this blinking light is

Seems this blinking light is a common failure!  I too have the continuous blinking green timer/power light.  System Reset didn't do anything...  I called Mits and they said to unplug for 15 minutes then replug into wall outlet and press system reset, then gave me repair numbers in my area.  Please send me the repair docs when you get a chance!

e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks!

Judy

xombi
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

First of all, thanks for all the great info and help you've provided already on this forum. I have a Mitsubushi model no. WD-52525 and have also had the blinking green light problem. However, the tv was bought as a joint purchase with two other friends and they didn't want to spend any more money to fix it so we've just been working around the auto shut-off problem for a while now. Basically, we just turn it off for a while then turn it back on and hope it stays on. Obviously not the smartest tactic we could have taken. In any case, we turned on the tv this morning and found a brand new surprise. The screen had a light blue and black checkered pattern all over it and it didn't respond to anything. We still had sound when we put on a dvd but absolutely no image of any kind. Do you have any idea what this could be? I'm guessing the tv just finally gave up after all our abuse but would like a professional opinion to back that up before we decide what to do with it. If this is something fixable using the user docs you've been sending out then please send one to me as well at philipfrantzis at yahoo.com. Thanks again for any help you can provide!

Philip

Larry Dillon
there are a lot of different

there are a lot of different capacitors that can be bad in this set. I have pictures with the different capacitors highlighted that should be taken care of first. I will send out the DLP repair docs for this TV set. Good Luck

DRogers
I have a WD-52725 that was

I have a WD-52725 that was purchased in 2004 and have had no problems until just about two weeks ago.  I was watching a DVD and the screen scrambled (much like an old tv that needed the tracking adjusted) I turned off the tv and the screen had turned blue with just sounds. (both with DVD input and cable input)

I then unplugged the tv and restarted.  Green light blinked for about 30 seconds, screen remained black, and then the red light came on.

I have since ordered and replaced the the bulb and have found the same results.

I am not sure, but believe I may have the same issue as documented in this thread.  Can I ask if you could send me a copy of the repair for the DM Board and Capacitors?  Also, if you have any further thougts as to my issue, I would greatly apprecate your input.    

email: [email protected]

Thanks in advance for your input.  I would love to get this tv working again.

Dan

George P
Larry,

Larry,

I too have a blinking green LED on my WD-52525.  Can you send me the repair documents?

Thanks,

George ([email protected])

wineyjudy
Larry,

Larry,

My WD-52525 has the blinking green light of death.  Could you please send me the repair docs?  I posted above, but maybe it got missed or it's the email, so I will try again.

Thanks and much appreciated!

Judy

([email protected])

Larry Dillon
Must have missed ya Judy,

Must have missed ya Judy, They will be sent out shortly. Good Luck

George P
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I finally finished replacing capacitors on my WD-52525 boards.  I but it back together and I still have the green blinking timer LED.  I replaced the caps on the DM, FMT, IO and PS boards.  I do not think the ones were bad on the DM board.  There were several that were significantly below normal capacitance on the other boards. Below are the measured values of the capacitors replaced on all the boards:

DM:  880, 900, 920, 945uF 

FMT: 261, 324, 912, 967uF

IO:  372, 320uF

PS:  334, 840, 860, 882uF

Any suggections on what else to check?

Thanks,

George

yammer
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Payam here. I own a Misubishi WD-52525, DLP, and just recently the picture will freeze after only being on for a few minutes, then the TV will shut down, and the infamous blinking Green light (under the Timer label) continues until I manually reset the TV.

I see that some people have asked your advice on this, and I was wondering if you knew whether the manual route works? If calling Misubishi can help?

Thanks,

Payam 

yammer
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Payam again, could you send me the documents you've sent everyone else? My email is [email protected]. Thanks.

Payam 

judgebean
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I am experiencing the green light of death issue with my WD-52525. I'm hoping to take advantage of your generosity by requesting the docs necessary to remove the DM Board. You can send them to the email address below.

[email protected]

Thanks!
judge

afellows
Larry Dillon said: On it's

Larry Dillon said: On it's way man. Good Luck

Hi, Larry ! Unfortunately, I'm having a similar problem with my tv(wd-52531). When I plug it in,  I hear a click and a fan blowing as if it's powering up. The timer light blinks for about 30 to 45 secs. Afterwards, the tv shuts down and the timer light stops blinking. While it's powering up, video nor audio is available. I bought the tv a little over a year ago. I'm new to this site, but I've seen that you've helped a lot of people. Hopefully, you can do the same for me. If you have the service manual, along with repair instructions, I would really appreciate it ! Mitsubishi manual says this is normal power-up procedure, but after it powers down , It won't come on . My e-mail is [email protected]  . Thanks for any help you may have !!!    

WillTechSavy
Hello LArry,

Hello LArry,

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52525. It starts off with a scrambled picture this AM. I restarted it, same issue. Only when recieving a signal from cable box or DVD player. When not recieving a signal, just a blue screen as normal. Let it stay off for around 5 hours, booted the TV back up and my lamp light is a solid red. Checked lamp, no known issues found as these lamps blow out when they go bad normally. I do not have a manual. I have been searching the threads on the web and come across several that mentioned capacitors/ect. I have also read through this thread and find you to be very helpful. Any ideas where I can get the manual, and/or advice on my next steps?

Larry Dillon
Sorry afellows I have nothing

Sorry afellows I have nothing for this set.

Larry Dillon
WillTechSavy, What is it you

WillTechSavy, What is it you are asking? You are describing your problem but what can I do, what are you asking, What is it you want?

WillTechSavy
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said: WillTechSavy, What is it you are asking? You are describing your problem but what can I do, what are you asking, What is it you want?

I was wondering if you had any documentation on my model as to the specifics of what I need to look for/need to do with it.    If you dont, thats ok, I can look elsewhere.  You just seemed to have alot of information on these issues.

Thanks again Larry

Larry Dillon
Yes I do man but I need you

Yes I do man but I need you to tell me what you want, I am not a mind reader. Again, where do I send it to? Please be specific when asking for assistance.

WillTechSavy
Larry Dillon said: That's

Larry Dillon said: That's what I am here for.

If you have the manual and/or other info, could you send it to [email protected],  I appreciate it Larry

judgebean
Hello, Larry.

Hello, Larry.

I wrote earlier regarding troubles with the continuos blinking green light issue with my Mitsu WD-52525 but haven't heard back from you yet. In the mean time I have taken the TV apart and am close to removing the boards but am having trouble getting them separated. If you could send me a service manual hopefully it will show me what I may be overlooking. It will definately help with reassembling the tv.

I do have a DM Board on it's way from PTS Corp, but would appreciate it you could include the repair docs as well, in case this doesn't completely solve the problem.

My email is [email protected]

Thank you

gugie
Can you send the pdf file of

Can you send the pdf file of the wd52525 for servicing this dlp. I bought new capacitors, my set went to a blue starburst then green flashing light then replace the bulb red light. I replaced the light and nothing. I read about replacing the capcitors on the power board and other boards, just order them from Mouser electic but need to get at these boards by opening up and servicing the tv. Can you help [email protected]

McBryde911
Uh oh,

Uh oh,

Ok, I here is my problem. I have a WD-52525 and I was watching some movies late last night. This afternoon I turned it on to watch some playoff basketball and I saw a green static/scrambling on my screen. I changed inputs (satellite, DVD, XBox) and they were the same which led me to believe it was the TV. Turned everything off and TV is still green static. The bulb in the set is about 4 months old and I haven't had any problems with the set in the 3 years I have had it. I have read through these and haven't encountered this problem with anybody else. I reset the system and the green light is flashing fast and has been for about 15 minutes. What is the problem and I guess I am going to have to ask for a manual as well. Thanks for the reply. [email protected]

M@

Dukester
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
After reading all the help you've provided to many people here, I joined the forum in hopes of getting some help from you as well.

I have a 3 1/2-yr old Mitsu. WD 62525 DLP, and like everyone else, had the fast blinking green light the other day. I unplugged the TV, and fortunately so far, the TV has started up and running okay since. Reading a lot of people's experience with these TVs, I know my luck is going to run out any day, and I want to be prepared. I already have the "Change the lamp" message the past month.

So if you could kindly send me the service manual for the WD 62525, so I could change the capacitors at the same time I change out the lamp, I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

Duke
[email protected]

Blake
Larry,

Larry,

First, thanks so much for the help you give here. Several years ago someone helped me with a Toshiba big screen problem I was having, so I also became a volunteer expert in the area of my specialty on another board.

I am having problems with my WD-52525 and they are the same as described above in:

March 15, 2008 9:39 AM
any thoughts on the problem? we were watching the set when the picture became "scrambled" colors were there but image was broken and "scrolling" turned the set off and reset it to no avail now when the set comes on it flashes colors as stated above, tom

I have already purchased a pdf of the V26 service manual and was able to remove the board chasis. The power board has 2 blown caps, but I don't see any on the DM board.

I am interested in the docs you have been sending others, particularly those dealing with replacing known problem caps, and am also wondering which other caps I should change as long as I am already in there.

Email is [email protected] Thanks so much for your time.

Blake

Larry Dillon
Duke, M@, Gugie, Judge, and

Duke, M@, Gugie, Judge, and Will, The repair info is going out this morning to you. Good Luck

bradtem
Well, I got the guide, and

Well, I got the guide, and took apart the chassis, but boy was that a frustrating experience, so many screws and parts these days.   Inspecting it the caps on the DM board look fine (though I have replacements for them) but one of the 3300 uf caps on the power supply looks like it may have gone.

But frankly, at this point I'm not so thrilled at putting it back together.  A lot of work for a TV whose working value is only about $600 these days -- so I went and bought a nice new 1080p flat panel, which I wanted anyway.

So, anybody in Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale) interested in a disassembled wd-52725, along with the replacement capacitors I bought.   No reasonable offer refused, and some pretty low offers are reasonable.  Even if you don't want to rebuild, it has some useful parts, including presumably a good set of boards, a working lamp  that seemed bright enough, the diamond shield screen (that was the diff between the 52725 and 52525) and an extra remote control.   Give me a shout.

Larry Dillon
I would love the set but

I would love the set but Michigan is way to far to travel to the sunny state of California. :>(

Pages

Connect With Techlore