Green Blinking Light on Mitsubishi HDTV

783 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Great news Mike!, Glad to

Great news Mike!, Glad to hear you saved a ton of cash.

Larry Dillon
Documents are no their way

Documents are no their way Ian. Good Luck

Amiriram
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I also had the same problem with WS55511 model. Could you please email me the documents for fixing it? My email address is [email protected]

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Jason

Larry Dillon
Jason, the documents for your

Jason, the documents for your TV fix will be sent to you early this morning. Good Luck

my2cents
Hey larry! Im having the same

Hey larry! Im having the same problem with my Mitsubishi WS-55513 blinking green lights with no power on. Ive been reading some of the comments on how to fix, could you send me the stuff on how to repair. Maybe pics of were capacitors are replaced and on what board. Email to [email protected].  Thanks

coralx12
I am also joining group with

I am also joining group with blinking Mitsus. Model #WS65713. Please, send fixing instructions to [email protected]

Thanks in advance

perdudanbrume
Larry Dillon said: Sure I

Larry Dillon said: Sure I could send them to you if I knew your e-mail address. This repair has helped a lot of peeps fix their sets, but there are some that it does not. Always worth a try I guess.

Could you email that to [email protected]? I am having the same problem with my Mitsubishi WS-55511. While is was still under extended warranty earlier this year my TV went out and they replaced the convergence IC and the two associated pico fuses. I was changing from my TV signal to my DVD play when it went out last night. I would like to check the CAPS before considering just replacing the TV with a flatscreen and hanging it on the wall. Last time it went out they had me run a diag and count the flashing power LED, but I can not find where I wrote down the procedure. Can you also provide that information

Thanks,

Rob

Larry Dillon
Rob, that info will be in the

Rob, that info will be in the service manual I will also send to you. Good Luck!

johnr
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I hate to bother you i see you have alot of info regarding the blinking light i saw you posted that i should recieve but have yet to recieve could you possibly resend to [email protected]

Mitsubishi 65 ws-65869

thanks again

Ian

tyler
Larry , can you send me

Larry , can you send me instuctions and diagrams for the replacing of the capacitors for a Mitsubishi WS55613.I have the back off and have no idea where or what the DM board is.   

Larry Dillon
I could if I knew where to

I could if I knew where to send them too?

tyler
[email protected]
tyler
Larry Dillon said: I could if

Larry Dillon said: I could if I knew where to send them too?

[email protected] - Thanks for all your help.

Larry Dillon
I will send these files out

I will send these files out asap this morning.

perdudanbrume
aerosvc said: Larry, Thanks

aerosvc said: Larry, Thanks for the info.  I took the set apart as you said.  The capacitors don't appear to be bulging.  It will take some time as I had to order them and they are on back order for now unless I can find them somewhere else.  I had no luck in the Dallas area finding high temp capacitors.  I'll let you know how it works out when I get them. Gar

Larry, It look like I am missing the -24v and +24v on the switched supplies regulator. The Pico fuse for the -24v looks bad and the diode looks good so not sure what is taking out the fuse. I have been unable to find the Pico fuse for the +24v, but the diode looks good. Also not sure by the schematic were the SW +24v and -24V goes after the diode. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Rob

perdudanbrume
Larry, Thanks for sending the

Larry, Thanks for sending the service manual. I also checked the voltages on the DM board and have the 12v, 28v and 5v. None of the Caps are bulging either. Rob

Amiriram
Larry,

Larry,

I have removed hoizontal wooden shelf above DM module. But WS-55511 had a little difference upper guide design. I can't reach the screw location under it. Looks like DM module can be slided out but got stuck with the length of wires. Any suggestion?

Also from the input of forum, most of WS-55511 had the convergence IC's problem. Is this IC inside the DM modul or in other convergence PCB? What's the P/N for convergence IC and the related 2 pico fuses P/N?

Thanks,

Jason

Larry Dillon
No the convergence IC is

No the convergence IC is different. Not inside the DM. Loosen the wire harness ties. The directions have been used a thousand times to remove this type of DM.  sorry your having problems. Are you sure of the procedure your following is correct for your TV set?

hellfish
Larry,

Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi 62525 DLP set.  It has the green blinking light of death!  After reading this site and gathering other information I purchased the service manual and proceeded to open my set.  As you know the individual boards are not easily extricated.  I finally got to the DM board and replaced all of the 1000uF caps (3 of 4 bulged).  I also noticed 2 bad caps on the term-2 board.  I replaced those 1000uF 10V 85 with two 1000uf 16v 105 caps I had left over.  I reassembled the electrical chassis and gave it a go!  But no go.  I still have the blinking light of death!  Any suggestions?  I did try removing the USB cable for the card readers.  I do not have electrical test equipment so I am limited in what I can test.  ANY help is appreciated! 

PS.  Is there any source for individual boards?  I can buy the entire assembly from Sears but it costs $850!!!!

Larry Dillon
Check the three fuses on the

Check the three fuses on the solder side of the DM board.

hellfish
Thanks for the advice Larry. 

Thanks for the advice Larry.  I am a real novice.  Do I test those fuses with a standard volt meter?  There is no visable indication of failure correct?  Finally, we are talking about those little white surface mount fuses correct?

Thanks!  You are a real help!

Barbara Lynn
Larry,

Larry,

How do I go abouit checking the fuse F9A04?  Do I just do a simple continuity check??  Thanks

Amiriram
Larry,

Larry,

"Green Blinking Light" might be a little ambigious for my WS-55511 problem. But the failure sympton is the same as Gary Thompson (WS-55511) and "Falcon935" (WS-55511), which powers up about 3 seconds and powers back down. Both of them fixed the problem through the bad convergence IC and 2 pico fuses.

Do you have the instruction for fixing this convergence IC? If not, do you know the location of PCB? Appreciated of your help.

By the way, the service instruction and manual you sent are about 55513, not my WS-55511. But I guessed it might be the similar model, except a few different features.

Thanks,
Jason  

Larry Dillon
Check the fuses for

Check the fuses for continuity. also don't forget to check the F9A05 also. Those are the 2 fuses for the plus and minus convergence 24 volt supplys.  

Larry Dillon
Jason, I sent you the right

Jason, I sent you the right service manual. Thats what happens when I get a lot of peeps asking for a manual all over the board. There should be a thread for each model number series.

hellfish
Thanks again Larry.  I bought

Thanks again Larry.  I bought a meter and tested the fuses. All appear to be OK.  I did look for the F9A05 fuse.  I found it on the power supply board.  I think I checked the fuse for A05 and A04.  These fuses look different--kinda like a resistor?  They are light blue green in color with a single band on one side.  Both checked out fine.  Any other suggestions?

Barbara Lynn
I checked continuity on the

I checked continuity on the fuses as well and they seem to be fine, what I did screw up when I replaced the caps on the DM module is I plugged in the PM connector to the DT connector spot on the PCB, OOOPPPSS. Wonder what the hell I did to the set, mine powers up for 3 seconds I hear the click of the tv then poof it clicks off.  How do I enter the diagnostic mode??  If I cant figure it out, I got a 12ga in the closet that needs to be used......

hellfish
All,

All,

Is there a way to test capacitors using just a meter?  Thanks!

hellfish
One more question.  Given

One more question.  Given that I have the following boot sequence:  power applied; relay click; fan starts; green LED blinks; and blinks; and blinks...

I cannot get any response to the diagnostic keypresses...

What can I assume is working/not working?  Can I assume it is a DM board issue?

Barbara Lynn
Well I get an error code of

Well I get an error code of 21, X-ray protection....HHHmmmwhat did I do, more importantly how to fix it....

Pages

Connect With Techlore