Need Service Manual For Sony KP51WS500

331 posts / 0 new
Last post
TOMMYGUN1023
Thanks man. Is this the same

Thanks man. Is this the same manual for the KP-51WS500? It says it's for the KP-51WS520. Whats the difference?

Larry Dillon
Oh, I thought I did send the

Oh, I thought I did send the 500. I will have that one out to you in a sec.

kdkdb
Larry, I bet you get tired of

Larry, I bet you get tired of all the questions, but I appreciate your time and answers.  I have a Sony KP-51WS500 The picture is good except for the white has a red glow around it.  Above the middle of the screen it's above, and below it's below the white.  The light blinks five times also.  Also is the manual for this downloaded?  If not can I get a copy please?  [email protected]

Chikara Ishiguro
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I am having similar convergence issue with my sony kp43ht20.  Can you please send me copy of the service manual?  Thanks in advance!  [email protected]

Never mind I found the link you had where I could download copy.  Thanks!

Larry Dillon
I was just about to send you

I was just about to send you the link. Good Luck

Chikara Ishiguro
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

After getting a copy of the manual I was able to locate the G board and I found one of the 5A pico fuses was bad (open).  Can I purcahse those local at Radio Shack or Fry's?  If not do you have a suggestion where I can order one? 

Thanks!

Larry Dillon
DO NOT REPLACE the pico fuse

DO NOT REPLACE the pico fuse without first replacing both convergence IC's. You could cause more damage to the power supply. Those pico fuse do not go bad by themself's.

Chikara Ishiguro
I had already replaced both

I had already replaced both of them based on another blog...http://www.techlore.com/blog/entry/19694/Sony-Convergence-Repair-My-Sony-TV-has-a-distorted-picture-/?page=3.

Although, I did not find any bad pico fuses on the D board but could never find the G board where the other pico fuses are located that he mentioned until I found the service manual.  I did power it up after replacing the ICs but still had the same problem so I assume that if I replace the 5.0 amp pico on the G board it should work with some convergance adjustment.  Am I on the right track?

RoniT
Larry:

Larry:

I was wondering if you have a service manual for a Sony model kp-65ws500?  If so I was wondering if you would be willing to email it to me.  My address is as follows.  thayersjobshop at yahoo dot com. Sorry for the anit spam address.  Thank you and I have read many of your posts it is great that you are willing to help everyone out.  Hope to hear from you soon.

elm55
elm55 said: Larry Dillon

elm55 said:

Larry Dillon said: How about the original manuel? It is on its way.

Hi Larry, I am having the same picture problem with my Sony KP43HT20 TV. I will highly appreciate if you could please email me the service manual. Thanks,

Hi Larry,

The picture is coming in curve and out of focus. You can see multiple colors (gost images). It lasts for about 15-20minutes and than the picture becomes normal. There is no blinking of standby LED. I ran the diag using remote and it shows all OK. Any idea what could be the problem. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Larry Dillon
elm, resolder the convergence

elm, resolder the convergence Ic's and your problem will be solved for a short time. Shortly though you will need to replace both IC's at once because of the overheating. Good Luck

evenstarjm
Larry, please send me the

Larry, please send me the service manual for a Sony KP-43HT20. I, too, was watching TV and suddenly it went bonkers and now it looks like a 3-D screen. I looked at your instructions for taking care of the problem and I KNOW I can fix this; however, to remove the front panel of my particular model is not the same as you posted and I need to see if there is another way in to the front to repair this convergence problem. Thanks so much. JIMI

Larry Dillon
That service manual is

That service manual is available at the technicians corner here at techlore for a free download. Go to http://www.techlore.com/group/2/list_downloads and download the manual you need. Good Luck

the_unknown175
Larry Dillon said: That

Larry Dillon said: That service manual is NOW available through the techlore download server HERE. It is a brand new service we are offering to the members here at techlore! Good Luck with your repair.

Larry -

Do you have a service manual for a Phillips 60P8341 ?

Thanks! 

Larry Dillon
No I do not. But you can

No I do not. But you can purchase one from HERE. Good Luck!

elm55
Larry Dillon said: elm,

Larry Dillon said: elm, resolder the convergence Ic's and your problem will be solved for a short time. Shortly though you will need to replace both IC's at once because of the overheating. Good Luck

Which 2 ICs would that be? stk392-110? do i need to replace pica fuses as well?

Thanks,

Larry Dillon
Yes, the two STK IC's. If the

Yes, the two STK IC's. If the set is working intermittently, No, the pico fuses are still good.

msvoboda
In previous posting I notice

In previous posting I notice people where asking for the service manual for the sony kp-51ws500.  Would it be possible for you to email it to me or send me a link.  I need to adjust the focus.

Thanks,

Larry Dillon
Iam sorry, that manual

Iam sorry, that manual somehow has gotten misplaced, lost or deleted. I am searching for it. This is why back-ups are very inportant to do at least weekly or monthly.

Kwajkid
I also have Sony KP51WS500. 

I also have Sony KP51WS500.  I believe it has a convergence problem.  The Red, blue and green lines on the screen dont line up and it looks like you are looking at a 3d movie without glasses.  I saw some proceedures on the web to try to align these using a sequence of keystrokes on the remote but I cant get through all the steps and adjust anything...perhaps the intstructions were for a slightly different sony tv. 

Do you know of alignment proceedures that I can try to fix this problem?  Would that be in a service manual?  Or is my next step to try to service the unit?  Any luck in finding the service manual for this unit?  Thanks

Larry Dillon
You already made one mistake

You already made one mistake my friend. You went into the menu and attempted to adjust the set when there was a problem. When the convergence goes out so much that the picture looks 3-D, there is a problem in the convergence correction circuit and most likely the convergence IC's need to be replaced. The service menu alignments are only for slight drifting due to part aging and such. Not any major change all of a suddenly. Now when you do repair the original problem, you might have one heck of a time re-adjusting the set. Good luck

Vikram
Hi, everyone. My Sony KP

Hi, everyone. My Sony KP-57WS510 was working fine since last 4 years. Suddenly yesterday all of the screen is covered with green curved horizontal lines. All the images and text on the screen is doubled and I see purple fringes throughout the screen. Is it the convergence issue?

Larry would you be so nice and email me that Sony service manual please so that I can try fixing this issue myself.

my email: [email protected]

Thank you soooo much!!!!

melanhicup
Hello, all. I have a 6 year

Hello, all. I have a 6 year old Sony KDP 57XBR2 that has started to act up. When I turn the TV on it works fine for about 45 seconds and then the screen turns red and eventually turns off. I get 6 blinks, pause, 6 blinks, etc. I took the back off the tv and the red seems to be firing off just fine. The blue and green flicker and the green evenutally shuts off leaving a dim blue and strong red. Can anyone suggest a fix and/ or a repair manual. I love the TV but if it comes down to it I'll trash it and buy a new one.

Thanks for your help.

Larry Dillon
You have a bad red tube or

You have a bad red tube or the red driver board is bad. you need to switch the red and the green driver boards around and see if the problem moves to the green tube. If it does, your problem is the red driver board. If the problem stays with the red. The picture tube is bad.

melanhicup
Thanks, Larry. I'll test this

Thanks, Larry. I'll test this later today. If the problem is either the driver board or the tube where can I find the replacement parts? I went to Sony's website and they don't seem to carry much in the way of repair parts for my model.

Thanks.

Larry Dillon
Go to partstore.com, they

Go to partstore.com, they carry a lot of Sony parts in stock.

Wonton
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
TV set is sony KP-S1WS500. Later in the afternoon green light will be flashing on the screen and then it turns off by itself. My husband is a handy man and knows how to open and check the unit but he needs the service manuals.

We would appreciate if you could please email us the service manuals.
at this email [email protected].

Thank you so very much

Wonton
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
Good morning, it's been flashing light green and turns off by itself.
Screen will be so green, flashes around 2-4 sometimes we don't notice
the flashing it will just turns off by itself.

Could you please email us the service manuals.

God bless.

Larry Dillon
What is the e-mail address? I

What is the e-mail address? I am good but not that good, Lol

fireman_vinny
Larry,

Larry,

I have read many of the forums and I believe my blue CRT is going out. I just got the KP51WS500 from a guy that must of knew the CRT was going bad but neglected to say anything. Well my question is is this a pretty simple part to replace? Will the service manual help or is it written to a level that I might not understand? I have gone to the parts.com site and found the CRT there but I do not want order it until I reaearch a little more. Could you send me the manual?

Thank You,
Vinny
[email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore