Need Service Manual For Sony KP51WS500

331 posts / 0 new
Last post
redneck972
Larry, would it be possible

Larry, would it be possible for you to send me  copy of the service manual for the sony kp51ws500. Thanks in advance redneck972   email addy is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I guess so redneck if you

I guess so redneck if you send me some biker babes pictures. LOL

I will send out the service manual tonight. Cool

katveze
I was watching my tv (Sony

I was watching my tv (Sony rear projection, about 3 years old, 57 inches) and it just shut off.  I have the red light blinking 4 times also (rapidly, then pauses).  If i turn the tv back on, I get a light blue screen with the shadows of the program but can't really see the picture.  I get sound as well.  Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks

katveze
Sorry on the last comment.

Sorry on the last comment. The light blinks 6 times and then pauses.

crockem
Hey guys. I have a Sony

Face Two ToneHey guys. I have a Sony KP51WS510, and I am not very electronic when it comes to fixing televisions.  I would appreciate any feedback on the pictures I have inserted.  The TV is 4 years old (1 month out of the extended war. go figure) and recently I have had an issue with Skin tones and with Blues and black almost looking two tone/washed out.  The pictures show the issue better.  When the screen has a dark background it apprears much worse.  Any ideas what might be going on and an what type of $$$'s do you think I will have to pay to fix?

Thanks for your help

Lew B

Lynchburg

Well I tried to attach the pictures but doesn't look like it worked

wingnetengineer
I have a similar issue with

I have a similar issue with the KP-51ws500. Set turns on with all guns driving, then the red and green go into shutdown and the blue overdrives and causes set to go into complete shutdown. The status is 8 blinks ( indicating the flyback transformer), could it be a bad trippler or the screen control board which includes the focus controls as well. I turned the screen voltage as low as I could and it turned to red and then the blue increase and drove unit into shutdown again. Any ideas on this? Unit is too young to experience this failure. I have a 32in SONY hi-def tube set (32hs500) with a dark screen as well. I am fed-up with SONY 3 year longevity.

wingnetengineer
I  could use a copy of the

I  could use a copy of the service manual, if you have it. I used to be a service tech for Montgomery Wards and do not have contacts to SONY. I realy appreciate it and thank you in advance.

wingnetengineer
I did fail to ask if this

I did fail to ask if this model is part of the recal on the Blue tube phosphor problem. I was suspecting the tube shorting and loading the HV transformer down causing unit to fault and shutdown.

Larry Dillon
These all sound like bad

These all sound like bad picture tubes or bad CRT driver boards. I wish I could help you but without any address where to send the manual, I just cannot assist you.

Mr. Chippy
Larry, I've got a KP51WS510 w

Larry, I've got a KP51WS510 w/ convergence issues.  I sure would appreciate a copy of the manual.  Please email tlennichols at cox dot net.

Thanks in advance.

cupojoe
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

We had replaced ic chip for our Sony KP-43HT20 from reading this site.  It is much better but the blue line is still off.  We tried to adjust it but could not get it right.   I will like to fix it if possible.  Any suggestions?

Will you please send us the service manual?   My email is [email protected].

Thanks.

thkxyu

Larry Dillon
thkxyu and Mr. Chippy, I will

thkxyu and Mr. Chippy, I will send you both a copy of the Sony Service manual but I want you to look over a couple of things regarding your TV set before you try and tackle your convergence problems. One will explain to the most part, the problem you are having, and explain what needs to be done. The second thread I will be sending will explain the convergence procedure on the Sony TV sets. Good Luck to you both with your repairs.

http://www.techlore.com/blog/entry/19694/Sony-Convergence-Repair-My-Sony-TV-has-a-distorted-picture-/

http://www.techlore.com/article/19631/Sony-Convergence-Procedure/

redneck972
Larry, I am looking for a

Larry, I am looking for a good place to buy replacement components for my KP51WS500. I need  C393C(ic5002) and DM58(IC50d) for  the g board and for the D board, I need  J585(Q8035) and  1MB12-140(q8038). As ia m new to Tv repair, your help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas.   redneck972

Larry Dillon
You will need to look up the

You will need to look up the correct Sony part numbers and then go to partstore.com and enter the Sony part number. If you leave an e-mail, I will send you a service manual. Merry Christmas to you as well.

wingnetengineer
Larry, my email address is

Larry, my email address is [email protected] . I am sorry I did not include this earlier for the service manual request for the KP51WS500. Merry Chrsitmas nad Happy Holidays to all.

Lordgestle
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I was hoping I could get a copy of the service/repair manuals for the KP-57WS510 (My model) and KP-57WS500 (Mother's Model).  Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciatted.

Thanks,

lordgestle (at) gmail.com

Larry Dillon
Lordgestle, I will send those

Lordgestle, I will send those out to you later this morning. Good Luck with the repairs. Wingnetengineer, I sent out your manual just a bit ago. good luck man.

Larry Dillon
Lordgestle, I will send those

Lordgestle, I will send those out to you later this morning. Good Luck with the repairs. Wingnetengineer, I sent out your manual just a bit ago. good luck man.

wingnetengineer
I had disconnected the leed

I had disconnected the leed for the screen control and operated unit with blue tube at low plate voltage. 4 hours later, unit was still operating so I shut it down and reconnected the screen control lead to the vairistor pack. It fixed the shutdown probleem and has been running for 10 days without a problem. I spent a few hours refocusing all the lenses and recalibrating the lower neck magnets due to a failed attempt by another to "find the problem". Thanks all for everything.

Rongda
Larry:  My Sony KP-43HT20

Larry:  My Sony KP-43HT20 projection TV was very good. I accidentally pushed Flash Focus button and it caused the convergence problem. I pushed Flash Focus button again many times. It could almost move the red and green colors together, but couldn’t move the blue color. The blue tube couldn’t project the parallel lines. The blue curves up and down on the left side of the screen and the pictures are blurred, I found this site is very helpful. Could you please advise me how to fix this convergence problem? Thanks.

AngelaandChris
Larry,

Larry,

Hello there! I am new to the board and I wish I wasn't! The money we paid the t.v. repairman two months ago could have been saved! Let me give you a little history of my problems.

I own the Sony Rear Video Projector, Model # KP-51WS500. Some time ago, the red curved lines mentioned earlier in this thread, appeared on our screen. It was something that we could live with so we didn't spend the money to get it fixed at the time. Little did I know, until now, that it wouldn't have cost us a dime! Anyway, after awhile the television started flashing to red and would then shut itself off. So we would leave it off for a while and then turn it back on, problem fixed. Then, instead of flashing red, the picture would slowly fade to blue, with the sound working fine.

Once it started turning blue, we called in a repairman. He looked at it and told us that he had to order a transistor. He came back a week later and supposedly put in the new transistor. But I sat here watching him, and all he did was mess with the three little screw things in the front that adjusted the red lines from earlier. From what we could tell, the t.v. was fixed.

He did that repair on a Friday afternoon. That same night, we turned the television on for the first time and it flashed red immediately and then shut off. We turned it back on and all of the red color was gone. Now everything is green and blue. The picture is fine, except everyone looks like the Incredible Hulk! So the repairman came back and said that we needed a new red picture tube. That was the last we've seen him. That was two months ago, and everytime we call him he says that the tube is still on backorder. He doesn't answer our calls unless we call from a number that he doesn't recognize.

I am tired of dealing with this guy! And tired of giving him our money....$310 to date. Is there anywhere that we could order the picture tube from? Any help with this would be much appreciated! And just for s-n-g, could you please send my husband a copy of the manual? He's rather handy, so if this isn't the problem, then maybe it's something he could fix.  Thank you so much in advance! 

My email is: [email protected]

daisyrock
Hi Laary,

Hi Laary,

I am in the middle of repairing my Sony KP-43HT20.  I think it would be a great reference if you can send  me the Service Manual for Sony KP-43HT20.  If you got a minute, can you please send me the Service Manual to:

[email protected]

Thanks in advanced,

David

daisyrock
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I took the D board off from my Sony KP-43HT20, but which one is the G board because I saw a lot of people are discussing on G board.

Thanks,

David

Larry Dillon
AngelaandChris, the manual is

AngelaandChris, the manual is on it's way. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
David, the manual is on it's

David, the manual is on it's way. Good Luck with the repair.

Rongda
Larry:  My Sony KP-43HT20

Larry:  My Sony KP-43HT20 projection TV was very good. I accidentally pushed Flash Focus button and it caused the convergence problem. The Flash Focus could almost move the red and green colors together, but couldn’t move the blue color. The blue tube couldn’t project the parallel lines. The blue curves up and down on the left side of the screen and the pictures are blurred. You have helped many people to fix the convergence problem. Could you please advise me how to fix this convergence problem and send me the Service Manual?My email is: [email protected]Thank you very much and have a great year 2008.

Larry Dillon
I sent you the service manual

I sent you the service manual but here I am attaching two very important how to do links that you should go over and learn before doing anything to your TV set. Good Luck.

http://www.techlore.com/blog/entry/19694/Sony-Convergence-Repair-My-Sony-TV-has-a-distorted-picture-/

http://www.techlore.com/article/19631/Sony-Convergence-Procedure/

daisyrock
Larry Dillon said: David, the

Larry Dillon said: David, the manual is on it's way. Good Luck with the repair.

Thank you very much on sending me the service manual, I've got it.  Thank you.

David

TPBachur
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have been reading these posts & believe I am having a similar problem.  I have a 6-year old Sony KP-51WS500 wide screen projector that up until a few weeks ago, always performed flawlessly.

A few weeks ago, my TV developed a red shadow in the top left & bottom right corners.  These shadows were in a spiral pattern, rotating in a clockwise direction, getting better as you looked more toward the center of the screen.  The picture at the center of the screen is pretty much perfect.  A day or two after the initial problem, the problem cleared up on its own.

Two days ago, the problem returned & seems to be persisting. 

I've talked to a local repair shop regarding having them repair the TV.  They tell me that for them to repair it could cost anywhere from $250 to over $1,000, which leaves me in a quandry as to whether to have them repair it.

I've never done TV repair, but I am handy with a soldering iron, can follow directions and am very good mechanically.  My questions are three:

1. Could this just be a convergence adjustment that the service manual would help me perform?
  2. If repairs need to be made, is this something I can handle with a little guidance from this Forum and/or the Serive Manual?
  3. Should I just scrap this TV & buy a newer model?

Please respond either via the forum or directly to my email: [email protected]

Thank you in advance for your guidance! Smile

Tom Bachur

Rongda
Larry:

Larry:

I apologize for taking this long to thank you for your advices because I was out of town. I’ve got the service manual and the links. It’s very helpful! I believe that I’ll need your guidance if the ICs need to be replaced. Thanks again.

Rongda

Pages

Connect With Techlore