Need Service Manual For Sony KP51WS500

331 posts / 0 new
Last post
Camarokidrsss
We have Sony kp46wt520,

We have Sony kp46wt520, convergence issue, tried all the different resets, must be diodes and fuses. Instead of going the kit routr and replacing these, can I just replace the G board?

Thanks,
Dennis

Ken Nik
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

We have a Sony KP53-V15 rear projection TV. It's a very old set that we have (from 1999?) Everything works well on it but the convergence is terrible on it. Is there a process that the repair tech use or something that I can use to fix the convergence issue? There's about 79 or 80 different dials that can be adjusted in front of the set but I'm not sure which one to start on.

Any info. would help! Please email me at [email protected]

Thank you in advance!

Ken

Dudleck
I'm having the same issues

I'm having the same issues with the colors shadowing and the focus is gathered in the center. Could you please send me the service manual for sony kp-51ws500.

[email protected]

Thank you!

Dudleck
Could you please send me the

Could you please send me the service manual for sony kp-51ws500?
When I turn the TV on I get color shadows and evreything seems to focus on the middle.

Larry Dillon
there should be a manual for

there should be a manual for this set here on the technicians corner under the resources tab and then click on view all. if not let me know and I will post one there
Larry D

dougieeb
My sony kp 51sw500 has a

My sony kp 51sw500 has a green tint, mostly on dark scenes. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

boris
hate to bug u also but my

hate to bug u also but my kp51ws500 also went on the blink and i saw u offering manuals , wud be much appreciated

Thordog Cappy
I have been given a Sony KP

I have been given a Sony KP-51WS500 and was told "Possible blown fuse". I now think it's more involved than that. When I plug into an outlet I hear CLICK-CLICK then right away another CLICK-CLICK and the standby light blinks SIX times repeatedly. I have no Service Manual for this unit and therefore am clueless as what to do next. Sure could use a professional opinion. E-mail: [email protected]  My thanks goes out to anyone who can help me on this matter.

Thordog Cappy.

Is Mr. Larry Dillon out there?

slosvt
Does anyone know what board

Does anyone know what board the service menu values are stored on? I replaced the D board a few years back and now the TV has a new issue. It cannot display a source correctly, it

slosvt
I have a different issue with

I have a different issue with the set. I replaced the D Board a few years back and all was well, until recently...

Now the TV scrambles the signal it recieves from the source. If I turn the source off, then the menu is displayed properly. Here are a few pics showing what I am trying to say:

http://members.cox.net/slosvt/2010-03-07%2018.36.02.jpg

http://members.cox.net/slosvt/2010-03-07%2018.36.35.jpg

Larry Dillon
looks like the sets data s

looks like the sets data s corrupt. you might need a new eeprom ic?? It would be best to see -or post a picture that shows a source on the screen not the display/menu or maybe even the sets display screen???
Larry

slosvt
I hope you are right!

I hope you are right!

Here is a pic of the same menu screen with the input in the background. You can see that the persons head that should be on the screen once, goes across 7 times and down 3 times...

http://members.cox.net/slosvt/2010-03-07%2018.36.19.jpg

Alnp
which source are you using?

which source are you using?
have you made changes in the service menu?

Larry Dillon
It looks like you might have

It looks like you might have messed with the horizontal hold/ or frequency??
Larry Dillon

Chas C.
Hi Larry. I'm trying to

Hi Larry. I'm trying to pinpoint a problem I'm having with my Sony rear projection TV model KP-51WS500, picture has bowed green lines across the top-half of the screen with a little bit of red mixed in. So I was hoping you could send me a copy of the service manual for this model. Much appreciated. Thanks Larry.

slosvt
Alnp said: which source are

Alnp said: which source are you using? have you made changes in the service menu?

Does not matter the source (direct cable feed, component cables from DVD player, component from cable box, etc...)  Yes, I have made changes in the service menu, but the set did not show these signs until a few hours after the changes. Is there anything I can buy and replace to "reset" the TV service menu?

slosvt
Larry Dillon said: It looks

Larry Dillon said: It looks like you might have messed with the horizontal hold/ or frequency?? Larry Dillon

Any direction as to what area in the service menu this is controlled under? I have the service manual and the default values listed in there for most of the settings.

Larry Dillon
Nope sorry I do not as these

Nope sorry I do not as these settings are all differant for every set the settings for one set might work for that set but will not work for another set.

jake1996
I appreciate your offer,if

I appreciate your offer,if you could send me a service manual for my Sony KP-51WS500 I would greatly appreciate it. My E-Mail is [email protected]

wcwsr
1. When you turn on the TV it

1. When you turn on the TV it is fine and very good picture for about 5-10 minutes. After it gets warmed up it goes we get redness some times so bad you canÂ’t see the image on the screen. What could cause that? I need a manual too please.

Larry Dillon
not really sure of the

not really sure of the problem but the service manual is located in the techlores technicians corner go to the resources then clich on scroll down to the service manual you want. these are all free as our members have donated these to the site. if you have any not in our list please contribute and upload one of your manuals you have thanks!!!
Larry (AKATechman)

wcwsr
Thank you for your response.

Thank you for your response. I found out what was wrong, the colors adjustments where out of wack, for lack of a better word. There are 3 adjustments you can make under the speaker cover, that covers the red, green and blue, one screw for each. It looks great now and was very easy to fix. The following link well go through how to accomplish this step by step, this is not the exact model but it worked just the same. http://www.somelifeblog.com/2007/06/sony-projection-tv-red-line-repair.html

Thanks again!

jhaveri
My SONY kp51ws500 run then

My SONY kp51ws500 run then turns off with teh front light blinking. What could be teh problem and can I get teh service manual for it. Any hints on what to check will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

wingnetengineer
The service manual is located

The service manual is located on this site in the "resources" section at the top in the technicians corner.

Chuvalo

Larry Dillon said: Well you could always go to http://www.servicemanuals.net and buy one there for about 25 or 30 bucks, or you could leave an e-mail address and I will send you one if you like.  When you say you have had this set worked on before a few times, was it for the convergence problem?  If it was, maybe the right IC's were not used.  When you look at the convergence IC's, the proper IC's should have Sanyo printed on them, or they are inexpensive after-market parts.  You can go to mcmelectronics.com and enter the STK number that is in that set and get the proper ones without spending an arm and a hand for them.  Good Luck and let us know how you make out with this repair.

Hello Larry,

I need the same service manual, is it possible to send me a copy?

I also have the Sony KP51WS500

Thank you...

Chuvalo.

[email protected]

mikefrommaine
i could use a manual on

i could use a manual on repairing a kp 57ws510 if it is at all possible. i am experiencing the same type of convergence problems on my tv.
my email is [email protected]
any help would be appreciated.
thanks
mike

Logan
Hello,

Hello,

I was pulling the board out to replace the IC's and noticed it is cracked pretty bad any idea where you can get a replacement board for the KP-51WS500? Any help is much appreciated!

Bonjoey1
We have the Sony KP-51ws520

We have the Sony KP-51ws520 and getting the 10 blinks error code. The diagnostice are all zero except ZCD with 168. Can you send me the service manual. I've read all the post but we want to make sure it's the D board. (replaced the G board a couple years ago.) Thanks!

Joey Gafford
I have a Sony KP51WS500. I

I have a Sony KP51WS500. I have used it without any trouble for ~8 years. Tonight the screen suddenly faded to blue and then turned off. The Standby light flashes 8 times, pauses, and then flashes 8 times again. My research shows this is a T8005 flyback transformer problem. I would like to replace the transformer if possible. Could you please send me the service manual for the KP51WS500? I also would like to know where I could order these parts. Thus far I have had little success in finding an outlet for them. Thanks! JAG

evil
The Service Manual can be

The Service Manual can be found in the Service Manual section of this site,try ebay.

Pages

Connect With Techlore