Need Service Manual For Sony KP51WS500

331 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Charles, you have to leave an

Charles, you have to leave an e-mail address, as the e-mail you leave open to receive does not allow attachments. If you do this I will send you a copy of this service manual. Your problem could be a bad capacitor on the CRT board or in the sweep power supply that feeds voltage to the screens or the picture tubes, or perhaps even a bad picture tube.

csutyoko
Larry, my e-mail address:

Larry, my e-mail address: [email protected] or [email protected] ; Thanks for your help!

Charles

csutyoko
Larry, Got it and corrected

Larry, Got it and corrected problem by turning down red screen voltage approximately1/32 of a turn ccw.

Thanks for your help. Charles

Do you have a service manual for a Samsung model HCN4226w? If so, please send to me as I have had it repaired 3 times already in the last 2 1/2 years since purchasing it new and it just lost the video and possibly the low voltage power supply.

Thanks, Charles

Larry Dillon
Good for you! Now on the

Good for you! Now on the Samsung, these are very common for the convergence amps to cause this problem. Simply dis connect the convergence board, and try to turn on the TV set. If it comes on, you know the problem is the convergence amps. If it does not double check the fuses in the power supply as maybe the convergence amps blew them out. See if the IC's were replaced by Sanyo IC's. If the word Sanyo is not on the IC's that's probably why they keep blowing out. What chassis number is the Samsung TV?

baggy
Hi Larry and all

Hi Larry and all

I have the same tv (kp51ws500) and was wondering if I might get the manual from you Larry.  I want to thank you in advance for your kindness.  My e-mail addy is  [email protected]

I do have pando downloaded

Thanks! Terry

csutyoko
Larry Dillon said: Good for

Larry Dillon said: Good for you! Now on the Samsung, these are very common for the convergence amps to cause this problem. Simply dis connect the convergence board, and try to turn on the TV set. If it comes on, you know the problem is the convergence amps. If it does not double check the fuses in the power supply as maybe the convergence amps blew them out. See if the IC's were replaced by Sanyo IC's. If the word Sanyo is not on the IC's that's probably why they keep blowing out. What chassis number is the Samsung TV?

Larry, the chassis # on my Samsung HCN4226w is P55A. Can you send a service manual or layout of the tv? Thanks much! Charles

Larry Dillon
You should expect to pay at

You should expect to pay at least 275 all the way up to 400 bucks.

CMK
Larry,

Larry,

Same story as most of these folks.  Convergence issue maybe, red and blue shadows pretty bad on SONY KP-51WS500.  

Will call repair guy, but would like a copy of the manual beforehand.  Thanks so much.

email: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I have sent you the service

I have sent you the service manual, but if you are calling in a service guy, there really is not a lot in there for you to look at except for the schematics and pictures of the boards. Do not make an attempt to try and adjust the convergence before the circuit is repaired, as these adjustment are NOT to be intended to go out in any major way unless there is a circuit problem. I have seen folks try and adjust out the convergence when the IC's had to be replaced, and it took the tech twice as long to readjust and twice as much labor involved. This is not the place to be experimenting around inside of. Good Luck on your repair.

steve2007
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

It's been a while since I first asked you for help - it's all fixed.  Thanks for the help.

To recap - one day the picture went funny on the television - it was clear and focused in the middle and on the left and right sides the colors had separated and the image looked like a bowtie.  I have learned that this is called a convergence problem.  I searched the all knowing web and came across this great forum.

I replaced the STK392-560 IC's (D Board) and the 5 amp pico fuse at PS8001 (G Board) with Pico Fuse Littelfuse 5A 5 AMP 125V - 251 series and voila - good as new. I bought the parts on ebay.

I removed the D board and replaced the convergence IC's at work.  It took longer to remove the D board than it took to replace the convergence IC's.  I would recommend checking the 5 Amp fuses on the G Board before replacing the D Board (I had to replace the fuse at PS8001).

The hardest part was removing the HV cables from the D Board flyback tranformer. I twisted and turned, twisted and turned and eventually removed the focus cable (the one going to the front of the tv) - it looks like a bare end.  This is ok because it just pushes in to reconnect.  I removed the other HV cable from the other end by pushing and turning, pushing and turning .....  until it eventually popped out.  This cable has a clip on the end.

Now that the TV is fixed - the picture looks huge - we had to watch the old 19" during the repairs:)

Thanks again.

Steve

Larry Dillon
Thanks for the update man.

Thanks for the update man. Glad to hear you fixed your TV set.

tgif63
Larry,

Larry,

I am having the exact same issue that Steve2007 had with my Sony KP-43HT20 (bow-tie/convergence trouble).  Could I also get a copy of that service manual so I can troubleshoot my IC's/board?  My emai is [email protected].  My set is just 3-4 years old and I hate to trash it already if there's hope for it.  Thanks!!

Tammi

miamied
Larry can you please email me

Larry can you please email me a service manual for SOny KP51WS510, The center of my screen looks normal but the outer corners are warped, and the colors don't allign. I believe it is a convergence problem and will be ordering the D-board to replace. I have downloaded Pango. Thank you.

miamied
Larry, sorry my email address

Larry, sorry my email address is [email protected]. Thank you.

miamied
Hello all, After reading

Hello all, After reading through this site for almost two day i feel confident that my problem is convergence. Since the wify did not approve of the purchase of a new set i will attempt to fix this one and hope it last another football season. I have done some board work. Can some be so kind and email me the service manual for KP51WS510, i wanted to send my D-board in first thing Monday morning because my child B-day is comming up in a couple fo weeks and friends and family will be over. Please i would so greatly appreciate any help. Thank you guys.

Sorry this is my second request, i don't mean to be a pest. Thank you.

[email protected]  (i have pango). 

Larry Dillon
miamied, I have sent you the

miamied, I have sent you the Sony service manual. Good Luck

tgif63
Larry, can you send one to

Larry, can you send one to [email protected], too?  Thanks, Tammi!Smile

tgif63
Larry, I have been checking

Larry, I have been checking my email for the manual but am afraid I have not received one yet.  Have you had time to send one to me for my Sony?  I have a KP-43HT20, but understand the manual for the KP51WS500 will work for me.  Thank you in advance for the manual.  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
How about the original manuel

How about the original manuel? It is on its way.

patrickzelten
Larry,

Larry,

I am having the exact same issue that Steve2007 and tgif63 had with my Sony KP-43HT20. Could I also get a copy of that service manual so I can troubleshoot my IC's/board? My email is  There is an underscore after the name if you manually type it. My set is just 4 years old and I hate to get rid of it. I have already replaced the IC's - that fixed the green convergence issue but now the red is doing the same thing. I need to find the pico fuses you have mentioned and test them all.

Thanks!!

Nevermind I found the link you posted for  http://www.schematicsforfree.com Thanks for all the help!

mark 

bdwyer
Larry,

Larry,

I have a KP- 57WS510 and would greatly appreciate a service manual if possible.

Thanks,

[email protected]

tgif63
Dear Larry & Steve,

Dear Larry & Steve,

I just wanted to thank you both for your help in this forum.  I received the manual for my KP-43HT20 from Larry a few days ago.  Right away I was able to secure the IC chips (STK392-560) from a place called Bluestar International Components ($20.68 including shipping).  I ordered the parts on Saturday and received them Thursday.  I installed the chips today and my big screen is back in business!!  I agree with Steve that the hardest part was disconnecting the high voltage cables.  The one to the front of the TV is just a female connector, so don't be afraid to grab it & twist & pull.  Just be sure to have hold of the connector, not just yanking the cable.  The other high voltage (thicker) cable comes out easier if you push it in first before trying to counter-clockwise pull 90 degrees.  The IC chips came out cleanly when using a solder tip with suction.  And the replacement chips slid back like a dream & I was able to get good/clean solder joints again.

Without the help I found here, I would have either had to pay a repair guy $250+ just to look at it...or worse yet, trash my 4 year old TV ($1200 at that time) and replace it for more big bucks.  Thank you again!!

tgif63 (Tammi)

Larry Dillon
Your welcome Tammi, glad to

Your welcome Tammi, glad to hear you fixed your TV set. Good Job!

cupojoe
Larry Dillon said: Your

Larry Dillon said: Your welcome Tammi, glad to hear you fixed your TV set. Good Job!

Hi Larry,

Thank you for helping everyone with TV problem.  I am having the same screen problem with my sony KP-43HT20. Will you be able to send me a copy of service manual?  My email is [email protected]. I already oreded the IC chips from reading your site.

Thanks.

thkxyu

cupojoe
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I am wondering if you will have some time to send me the manual for Sony KP-43HT20. I haven't seen that in my mail.  My email is [email protected]

My husband is trying to take the heat sink out from the board becasue he couldn't disconenct some of the conenction to take the whole board out.  Is that the correct way? 

Thanks.

thkxyu 

Charles Pettus
Iam wondering if you will

Iam wondering if you will have some time to send me the manual for Sony KP-43HT20. My email is

[email protected]

reading this forum I see there are several people with the same IC problem on this TV. 

Additionally,

Can u suggest a company to provide the IC's a resistors that will not give me aftermarkets.

TY

Beane

Harrison
Little Late in getting here

Little Late in getting here but is the service manual cover the KP65WS510 as well and can I still get a copy if it does? Thanks in advance Chris

[email protected]

Roguedog
Hey Larry, can I get a manual

Hey Larry, can I get a manual for my KP-51WS500?

It stated shutting itself off after about 5 minutes. Right before it shuts off the video will flash green with lines. This goes back and forth two or three times between regular video and the green with lines, until the TV shuts itself off. Was told it had a shorted green tube. It the tube is shorted or not working right is is possible to get a replacement?

My Email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

manoj
Larry Need your help. I am

Larry Need your help. I am troubleshoot an issue with my Sony KV-J29MN1AK TV The TV works fine and the picture and sound are good. But there are horizontal, thin faint lines displayed over the entire screen. These lines are not very bright but a bit lighter.  The are spread by a distance of my two fingers at the bottom and then gradually the distance gets reduced to almost less than my first finger at the top.

I tried to vary the G2 and clockwise movement helped to make these lines a bit more lighter but then the TV takes about 1 minute to show the picture whereas sound comes out immediately.

Can you help me with the schematic and service manual ?   I dont know how to find the chassis number, but this is what I could read on all the boards

There is a sticker on the CRT that says KV-29JMN1AK   SCC-K67PA  CHA NO 0705200

There is a rectangular board that says  F2 Sony 1-670-752-12    F2601 T4.0A250V

The largest mother board has following written on it

1-666-699-21      There is a very large "A" printed on the board

The PCB on the neck of the CRT has following

NE M PF2

1-656-470-15

(1-710-283-15) 

My email is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Manoj, that is a model number

Manoj, that is a model number I am not famillar with. You must not be in the US./ The problem you discribe sounds like a problem in the G2 circuit. Most likely a capacitor or a resistor changed value. Good Luck.

Pages

Connect With Techlore