Need Service Manual For Sony KP51WS500

331 posts / 0 new
Last post
CannonFodder
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have read through most of the thread here but have not found my problem. My sony KP-51WS500 has been working great for 6 years now. I have faint white concentric lines on a dark screen, the lines(they are stationary) start at the lower right corner and eminate out the upper left. The front indicator blinks 4 times and when checking the self diagnostics it finds no errors. I have the manual you posted in the technicians corner, now I need a diagnoses. Can you help please.

Thanks,

Seaner
Hi I am looking for a service

Hi I am looking for a service manual for a Sony KP-51 ws520 as well ....having 10 - blinks then 9 blinks error code any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Bicephalic
Hi Larry - great forum - just

Hi Larry - great forum - just starting to read through now. We have a Sony KP-43HT20 - do you by chance have the service manual for this one? It blinks 4 times before powering out and all three colours are out of synch.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide on fixing this.

me(at)bertmartucci.com

mitch c.
hi

hi
i've replaced the stk's but now the set led flashes 6 times pause 6 times pause etc
found pico fuse on d brd open and replaced it; no change still 6 blinks. plse advise.

Larry Dillon
make sure you check all the

make sure you check all the pico fuses on the D board and also on the G board.

mitch c.
mitch c. said:

mitch c. said:
hi
i've replaced the stk's but now the set led flashes 6 times pause 6 times pause etc
found pico fuse on d brd open and replaced it; no change still 6 blinks. plse advise.

hi

have checked and rechecked all pico fuses;; all ok.relays click on pwr on but no 135v and 15v lines are low and then go off. HELP plse

bjkyra
Great site. I know nothing

Great site. I know nothing about tv repair and I am having similar problems with kp43ht20 double picture in red with red wavy lines. What do I do. I don't want to junk a fixable tv or pay 200-1000 to repair. I also would like a copy of service manual([email protected])
and advice for a novice. Thanks

Larry Dillon
That manual i avaialablr here

That manual i avaialablr here at the techlores. technicians corner, go to the hom pge and look part way down on the right side for free manual dwnload. then find the manual you need an download it. but you will need o know how to read aschematic and follow a service manual as it does not give you a step by step for a novice handy person. GOOD LUCK>

Misty76
We have the Sony KP51WS500. 

We have the Sony KP51WS500.  It has sound but no picture.  We are interested in the service manural for this TV. I can't find it on the site. The only one I found anything for was for purchase?  If there is anyway for you to send us a copy. It would help alot.  Thanks

Misty

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
there is nothing for sale on

there is nothing for sale on this site! the servie Manual is avilable here
Service Manual for KP-51WS500, KP-57WS500, KP-65WS500 here:

http://www.techlore.com/download/23110/Sony-KP-51-57-65-WS500/

Mitsubishi WS-55513, Philips 55pp9352/17

Misty76
Thanks I found it late last

Thanks I found it late last night. There may not before sale via the site. But, there is post with a link going to a paypal account for a manual for around $18.00. You guys might want to check it out. Also, do you have an ideas on what could be making our TV not work? It has no picture has sound for about 30 seconds or so the that turns off as well. Thanks

Larry Dillon
what is the link for that

what is the link for that service manual?

Misty76
It took me a few sec to find

It took me a few sec to find it again

Here you go:

http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/23906/Manual-And-Cures-For-Sony-Kp-...

When you click on the little hyper link it takes you to a paypal link?

spono
Hi I have the exact same

Hi I have the exact same problem as Angelandchris with my Sony KP - 51ws500 with the red curved lines at first now theres no red at all and if maybe I had only gone to this site a few weeks ago and adjusted it maybe It would have been fixable but now I think the tube is completely gone or has it shut itself down and is fixxable.... luckily I havnt had the tv repairman around to try and fix it so at the momentt hasnt cost me anything

trouble is I have to of these Tv's both exact same model made in the same month so im expecting it from the other one now to.

am I likely to fix this myself? will I find a red tube If I have to replace it?

Larry Dillon
http://www.techlore.com
hillpv
Hi,

Hi,
I would love to get a copy of a service manual for the Sony Model number KP-51ws500 please.
My email is: hillpv6181 (at)hotmail (dot) com.
Thanks,

CaptROR
Thank you to the contributors

Thank you to the contributors of this thread. I have a Sony KP51WS500 and have dl the service manual.
I need some help in locating my problem. The TV will act like the red or green lamps are bad, however if you select a menu page or the auto convergence button, all colors are displayed.
While watching football the field is yellow, then after a period of time (sometimes 10 min sometimes 2 hrs) it changes to everything looking normal, then back bad intermittently. I was suspicious of a cold solder joint, so gently flexed the boards and connections with no change.
Any suggestions would be great.

PeteP
I have the KP51-WS500 and it

I have the KP51-WS500 and it has displayed the classic convergence issues that everyone else has had. I pulled the D board and checked all the pico fuses. They all checked good. I then pulled the G board to check the 5 amp picos. They both checked good too. My question is, HAs anyone had any experience with the STK chips failing and NOT having ANY pico fuses blow?
Thanks.

fred2008
I'm having the same issue as

I'm having the same issue as most of the people in these forums. I have a Sony KP-51WS500 with blue and yellow ghosting in the lower left portion of the TV that just appeared today. Larry, can you please send me the manual. Email address is [email protected]. Thanks Larry.

Larry Dillon
That manual should be

That manual should be available under the resources tab on the home page, then click technicians cornew and veiw all downloads. Goos luck

elm55
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
elm, resolder the convergence Ic's and your problem will be solved for a short time. Shortly though you will need to replace both IC's at once because of the overheating. Good Luck

Hi Larry,

I had this problem on my tv last winter. In spring/summer the problem went away and it has reappeared now. It would go away in few hours of usage in fall but now it stays till the outside temperature increases to around -1 deg. Is it possible that this has something to do with ambience temperature.I have also moved the TV close to fireplace. What can I do to resolve this permanently? do still need to replace those 2 IC's? or there is something else I can do?

Thanks for your help.

david46
cannot find stk ic or pico

cannot find stk ic or pico fuses. Looking from the back of my kp-51ws500 tv i removed the "D" board(center right, standing vertical) and looked for above parts with no luck. I am wondering if it was the correct board, it has a "D" stamp on it but no fuses and with only 3 chips not indicating stk on them. Can anyone help me out please....

elm55
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
elm, resolder the convergence Ic's and your problem will be solved for a short time. Shortly though you will need to replace both IC's at once because of the overheating. Good Luck

Hi Larry,

I had this problem on my tv last winter. In spring/summer the problem went away and it has reappeared now. It would go away in few hours of usage in fall but now it stays till the outside temperature increases to around -1 deg. Is it possible that this has something to do with ambience temperature.I have also moved the TV close to fireplace. What can I do to resolve this permanently? do still need to replace those 2 IC's? or there is something else I can do?

Thanks for your help.

david46
cannot find stk ic or pico

cannot find stk ic or pico fuses. Looking from the back of my kp-51ws500 tv i removed the "D" board(center right, standing vertical) and looked for above parts with no luck. I am wondering if it was the correct board, it has a "D" stamp on it but no fuses and with only 3 chips not indicating stk on them. Can anyone help me out please....

bman
Larry,

Larry,

I have a KP-65WS500 and it has the double image issue with the blue. What do you think I need to replace and where can I purchase the parts. Thanks for any help.

Jason

Loser1
hello I have a problem with

hello I have a problem with my projection tv aswell. it is model kp-51ws500.
when i turn it on the voice tuns on but there is no picture a few seconds later the whole unit turns off. Anyone know whst might be happening?

sherman911
Larry, could you send me a

Larry, could you send me a copy of the service manual for the sony kp51ws500.The red tube is out and I want to see if it worth the effort to replace it myself. Thanks sherman911

rhmoore31
I have a Sony HD Projection

I have a Sony HD Projection TV. The model # is KDP-57WS550. The Standby LED light blinks 10 times when we try to turn the TV on. Is there a service manual for this? I saw on other posts info on a KP model, is this the same as the KDP? I really appreciate your time & any help or advice you could give.:)

Helen

Loser1
Ok my tv turned on but now

Ok my tv turned on but now the picture looks like a ball. Anyody have a suggestion.

AG
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I need STK 390-560. On some websites I found that I can easily use 390-570 (which are cheaper for Sanyo manufacturer). Could you let me know.
I also want to know the exact specs for Pico fuses (I have to types in circuit - 3.15 amp - D board and 5 amp on G board)

Pages

Connect With Techlore