Need Service Manual For Sony KP51WS500

331 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Bryan, It certainly does

Bryan, It certainly does sound like the green tube is where your trouble lies. But you could also have a problem with the connections on the green picture tube driver board, like a bad Green Driver, or simple bad connections. To be sure the tube is bad, you should carefully and with the set unplugged, remove the front cover in the bottom front. The manual I will send will show you where all this is. Then take the green driver board , the middle tube, off tho the CRT(Picture tube) Take one of the ones to either side of the green CRT and swap them around, making sure you do not short anything or pull any plugs or wires loose. Turn on the set. The picture will look odd, and not the proper colors. Wait and see if the same symptoms occur, if it flashes green again and shuts off, YES you know the green tube is the culprit. If the set flashes blue or red, depending on what tube you switched the board with, the problem lies with the Green Dive circuit. Good Luck

anna2888
Hi, everyone I have simular

Hi, everyone I have simular problem with my KP-43HT20 RA-6 it looks like convergence issue.

Larry would you be so nice and email me that Sony service manualLaughingplease, my email

[email protected]

Thank you soooo much!!!!

Larry Dillon
anna2888, I have sent you the

anna2888, I have sent you the service manual for your TV set. Good Luck

manoj
Larry,

Larry,

My sony kvj29MN1AK is a india model.  The chassis is BG-1S.   do you think you can send me a close matching ( not exact) service manual ?  pls send me one that is closer so that I can atleast read some basic items about sony tv internals and do some basic checks.  right now, i am totally blank

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
I am sorry but that chassis

I am sorry but that chassis is nothing I recognize at all. Those overseas models are not like the models in the US because of the different power sources and the different color set ups.

allic
 Hello i am wondering if you

Hello i am wondering if you have time to send me the service manual for the KP51WS510 if you have it. my email is [email protected] or [email protected] .

thanx

Larry Dillon
I sent the service manual to

I sent the service manual to BOTH addresses Good Luck with your repair. Let us know how you make out or if you need additional help.

Roguedog
Larry. I went to swap the

Larry. I went to swap the Green driver board on my KP-51WS500 with the red or blue, but wanted to ask a question or two before I did.

There are two ground connectors + three other connectors on the each drvr brd. It appears that the control wiring to the drvr brds are to short to just swap out without making an extension.

Do I unplug the control wiring and completely swap out two brds? or do I leave the control wiring fro each drvr board in it's proper location? 

Bryan

zapdbf
Roguedog said: Larry. I went

Roguedog said: Larry. I went to swap the Green driver board on my KP-51WS500 with the red or blue, but wanted to ask a question or two before I did. There are two ground connectors + three other connectors on the each drvr brd. It appears that the control wiring to the drvr brds are to short to just swap out without making an extension. Do I unplug the control wiring and completely swap out two brds? or do I leave the control wiring fro each drvr board in it's proper location?  Bryan

keep everything connected, but the two black ground wires they are too short, those need swapped. if you change anything else you will not have a good test.

nogg
I have a KP-43HT20 and would

I have a KP-43HT20 and would really appreciate it if someone could send me a service manual also. I am having the same problem with the convergence. The left side of my set shows the ghosting and progressively gets better as you go to the right. Can this be adjusted or is there something that needs repaired/replaced?

my email is [email protected]

acanuck
Hi.  I could also use a

Hi.  I could also use a service manual for the Sony KP-51WS500 if someone would be so kind as to oblige.

Thanks

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
nogg and acanuck, I have sent

nogg and acanuck, I have sent out the manuals you requested. Good Luck

acanuck
Received manual with many

Received manual with many thanks.

8 blinks has one diagnosis: "High-voltage error - T8005 is faulty.  (D board)

Is this a d-i-y candidate?  Any idea what this would cost as a d-i-y, or if a reasonable repair guy is called in to do it?

Thanks,

Andre 

zapdbf
scanuck -

scanuck -

the diagnostic in the manual is not accurate it points to a potential flaw, yes the t8005 can be faulty, but other situations will cause an 8 blink shutdown, when they make the manual that 8 blink was to target that part, but in practice in the real world, anything can be wrong to the microprocessor to the t8005 can cause this problem. The micro could be getting a false signal causing the 8 blink shutdown. or the driver ic8002 could be at fault, i usually find ic8002 fatly in most of these cases. If i am suspecting a flyback transformer (t8005) i will ring it to see if it is a real candidate. this requires special equipment to perform. What i am saying is that if you go ahead and replace the flyback, it may or may not fix your problem. be ready to go further for this repair. 

acanuck
So my vague hopes that it was

So my vague hopes that it was something simple and diy-able are gone.  No problem - wishful thinking anyway.

I know it's difficult for you to answer, but do you think I should start down the repair road with this TV?  Is this diagnosis something that may ultimately result in an expensive repair (like replacing the guns), or is it a relatively minor thing that may take some time and detective work, but probably won't be that expensive?  It's less than 5 years old and has seen medium use.

Thanks,

Andre 

zapdbf
It is hard to tell, one of

It is hard to tell, one of the crt's could be loading down the flyback, sure but it is not my first pick for this problem. Don't think the worst, it could just be that ic i mentioned above ic8002, or the flyback it's self, the diagnostic code just get you into a line of thought for the repair it does help you get onto the right track and save some time but they are rarely absolute. This will need either troubleshooting or shot gunning. Shot gunning is about all anyone on this site does, that is to take a symptom and replace a group of expected parts, but this method is a hit and miss proposition. I will at times shotgun a tv if i am fairly certain of the outcome to save some time.  If you want to try this method replace ic8002 and the flyback(t8005) transformer. and the fuse resistor next to ic8002. Beyond that you are looking at a real troubleshoot, with test equipment.

Larry Dillon
In my opinion, it is at least

In my opinion, it is at least worth to have someone take a look at it to diagnose the problem. Perhaps it is a minor problem? Certainly maybe worth repairing because of the age and the cost to replace with something of. the same size. If you have a very limited amount of electronic repair experience, play it safe and call in a Sony Authorized repair center to assist you in this repair. Good Luck with the repair.

theigor
Hello, Larry, I just bought a

Hello, Larry, I just bought a Sony KP51WS500 and found this page. Would you mind sending me the service manual for it? My email is [email protected] and I'd really apreciate it, thank you!

By the way, the outer acrylic(or whatever material) screen was cracked when it was moved to my place. It's just the outer protective screen, the image is still perfect, but the crack bothers me. Do you know where I can find a replace for that? Or even if in, like, home depot, I could find a sheet of the same material, do you think that could work? Thank you again

Larry Dillon
If you have no one there with

If you have no one there with messy little hands and fingers, you really do not need an outer protective screen. Yes I have seen folks in the past use a good grade of clear sheet plastic to make one for themselfs. I will send you the service manual. Good Luck with the TV set.

mosca33
Please send me the service

Please send me the service manual for KP-51WS500.  I would greatly appreciate it.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Scott 

Larry Dillon
I will send out the service

I will send out the service manual to you shortly. Good Luck with your repair.

linden
MR DILLON COULD YOU PLEASE

MR DILLON COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME A COPY OF THE SERVICE MANUAL FOR THE KP 51 WS 500 SONY TV PLEASE.? I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR DAYS TO GET ONE FROM YOU.

THANKING YOU IN ANTICIPATION

linden
MY E MAIL ADDRESS IS LHARPER2

MY E MAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected]

THANKS

Larry Dillon
linden, do you not know

linden, do you not know Internet etiquette? Why are you shouting at me? If your asking for something for "FREE", be nice and do not SHOUT!!

linden
Larry Dillon said: linden, do

Larry Dillon said: linden, do you not know Internet etiquette? Why are you shouting at me? If your asking for something for "FREE", be nice and do not SHOUT!!

My apologies. Caps key was stuck.

I would appriciate a copy of the service manual for the kp51ws500 please.

The problemthat I am having is that the picture is showing double images and the color is off.

I can understand if you don't respond to may request.

I do understand that when one is asking a favor one has to be polite indeed. As stated before the caps key was stuck and I have since changed the keyboard.

Thanking you in anticipation

Respectfully Linden

[email protected]

theigor
linden said: Larry Dillon

linden said:

Larry Dillon said: linden, do you not know Internet etiquette? Why are you shouting at me? If your asking for something for "FREE", be nice and do not SHOUT!!

My apologies. Caps key was stuck. I would appriciate a copy of the service manual for the kp51ws500 please. The problemthat I am having is that the picture is showing double images and the color is off. I can understand if you don't respond to may request. I do understand that when one is asking a favor one has to be polite indeed. As stated before the caps key was stuck and I have since changed the keyboard. Thanking you in anticipation Respectfully Linden [email protected]

that was indeed a good example of Internet etiquette :)

By the way, yea I could manage to buy a sheet of clear plastiglass from Home Depot... 20 bucks and a good plastic cutter made it perfect. I'd have a bad time trying to take all the screws off if it wasnt for the manual you sent me. Thank you very much

Larry Dillon
Not a problem, I will send it

Not a problem, I will send it out to you right away. Good Luck with your repair.

gbriceno
Larry,

Larry,

I am very impressed with the results that your various members have had with your guidance with respect to their KP-43HT20 Sony sets.  My sets red light blinks 4X, but appears to be working properly.  I was wondering if it would be possible for you to send me a copy of the Sony service manual for my set.  My email address is [email protected].

Thank you in advance, 

Respectfully,

-Glenn

redneck972
Larry, I am looking for info

Larry, I am looking for info on  a model KP 51Ws500 sony rear projection tv. I am looking for a place to purchase new circuit boards(the tv was in a flooded basement, under app. 10 inches of water)Also a manual with a schematic would be very helpful. Thanks in advance for your time  Redneck972

Larry Dillon
Good Luck with that one my

Good Luck with that one my friend. The best place I could recommend to check out would be to go to ptscorp.com, get their telephone number and call them and see what boards they have to buy for this TV set. Also, you may want to try http://www.tristatemodule.com/. Call them and see what boards are available. Maybe between the two, you can get the boards you need. Good Luck

Pages

Connect With Techlore