Mitsubishi WS-55613

896 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
an e-mail address would help

an e-mail address would help you get the fix for this set!!

TAD
Larry Dillon said: an e-mail

Larry Dillon said: an e-mail address would help you get the fix for this set!!

My email address is [email protected]

OB Mike
Larry, you seem to be the man

Larry, you seem to be the man with the fix for the GLOD! I've got the same problem. Please send me the instructions and pics to [email protected]

dt75
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
an e-mail address would help you get the fix for this set!!

thanks!

dt75
JDub1221 said:

JDub1221 said:

Larry Dillon said: an e-mail address would help you get the fix for this set!!

thanks!

Sorry. i guess I shouldve included that I need the manual for the WS55613.

thanks in advance

Highfall
I got the blinking green

I got the blinking green problem, called a repair guy, paid him forty bucks to tell me I needed a new DM module - it was gonna cost $450 - when I balked at that it got dropped immediately to $350

I found that it was a common problem and ordered the capacitors from someone on ebay - I read about the possible fuse problem and had my friend who knows his business that they were 'open' and that was bad

the thing that I don't understand is that not only were F9B00 and F9B02 'open' but also F9B01, which isn't even mentioned in the repair PDF

I think I am just going to have my boy replace the capacitors, replace it all and if it still doesn't work, go from there.

What would you guys do?

James

Leo Serrano
Larry Dillion,

Larry Dillion,

I have the Mits WS-65411 Medallion Series with HD1080...I have the same situation or similar problem like the other members. I turn on the set...the flashing green light goes and about 3 seconds later, the set turns itself off.
Reading some of the members comments, you were able to assist with details.
Please send me instructions or guide to fix my set.

Thank you,
Leo Serrano ( [email protected] )

TAD
TAD said: I have a WS 55859

TAD said: I have a WS 55859 and I have the same blinking green light that occured after a power outage. I called a repair shop and they told me that it is bad computer digital module and will cost $585 for the parts alone. It seems like some of you were suggested some cheaper fixes... just wondering if I have to spend the $585 (plus labor) or if there might be a cheaper solution. Also, our TV is about 5 years old... wondering if it is worth fixing or if we will most likely have similar or different problems down the road. Initially we paid about $3,000 for the TV, so I am not axious to get another! Thanks for your help!

Larry Dillon, you are a genius !  My husband and I just made the repair based on your recommendations and information.  While I wouldn't exactly call the repair "easy" it certainly was easier to spend $19 than the $980 that I was quoted for the repair.  THANK YOU soooooo very much.  We made the repair tonight and the TV turned right on !  A donation is coming your way.  Thank you for taking the time to help us out.

ws-65613
Could you please email me the

Could you please email me the detailed instructions with pictures on how to remove the DM Module? I have a Mitsubishi WS-55813 TV with the constant blinking green LED problem.

ws-65613

Could you please email me the detailed instructions with pictures on how to remove the DM Module? I have a Mitsubishi WS-55813 TV with the constant blinking green LED problem.

Bossoaks
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I do have the blinking light syndrome going on right now with my, will you please send me the article with pictures about repairing this issue? I have a 55613 and out of the blue it is a steady, fast blinking light that will not stop unless I unplugg it. My email address is [email protected]
thank you so much and I hope you still monitor this site.

Al

Bossoaks
I've got the constant fast

I've got the constant fast green blinking light going on with my WS-55613 HDTV and, with the help of a buddy, am going to attempt to fix the problem. No mater what I do (reset, unplug, press combination of button on front panel) the fast blinking green light still happens. I also mention that it just came out of nowhere when I tried to turn it on one day. I read that there are some instruction for replacing the fuse things that you get from Radio Shack. Could you please email them to me at [email protected]?
Thank you so much and I hope you still monitor this site.

dej14
Larry, I also have the GLOD.

Larry, I also have the GLOD. You seem to be the life saver on this site. I am glad I found it. I have read through the first 10 pages of this thread and it seems I need to repair my Dm module. I have a WS-55613. COuld you please send me the email with the repair and pictures info. Also the manual if you have it. Thank you very much. Jason my email is

[email protected]

jeff999
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,
Last year you helped me fix my "Green Light of Death", but now I have a new problem. After my tv (ws-55613) has been on for a while,the screen goes blank as if it were off and then comes back on. The power light does not go off when this happens. And when the screen comes back, in the upper left corner it says COMP-1 1080I Standard, just like when you first turn the set on. This just started on Monday after a couple of weeks of leaving it on all day so my dog could watch Animal Planet (the wifes idea). Help me again please. Thank You. e-mail: [email protected]

mrbill
Same as most, I as well am in

Same as most, I as well am in need of pics and instructions for replacing the caps in the DM. Thanks Larry,[email protected]

Gary
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
Mine just did the same thing last week. Could I get acopy of that as well?
Thank you in advance.
David [email protected]

Gary
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
Mine just did the same thing last week. Could I get acopy of that as well?
Thank you in advance.
David [email protected]

ScottyU
I have a WS55613 that someone

I have a WS55613 that someone gave me becuause they did not want to attempt the repair. I pulled the DM out and the Caps are a bit swollen on the top. Could you send me the instructions to make sure I didn't miss anything and the link to buy the non radio shack capacitors? Thank

[email protected]

sugaman
I have a WS55613 Larry could

I have a WS55613 Larry could send me the information I need to fix this I want to try and get inside this thing my self. And any other tips would be great

[email protected]

AdrianG

This is the second time this happens to me, the first time I dished out $350 to have it fixed, will try fixing myself

[email protected]

Your awesome!

spydergramps
Hello Larry??I know this is

Hello Larry??I know this is an old posting, but thought I'd at least attemp to contsct you about repairing the DM board on my Mits (the green led of death. Do you still have any notes on this.

Thanks

Dave

Larry Dillon
what was done so far and what

what was done so far and what did I send to you?

spydergramps
spydergramps said: Hello

spydergramps said: Hello Larry??I know this is an old posting, but thought I'd at least attemp to contsct you about repairing the DM board on my Mits (the green led of death. Do you still have any notes on this. Thanks Dave

Sorry, this is my isecond posting. My Mits WS65XXXX  big screen won't turn on anymore. At 1st it would shut off once or twice aday, but now it won't power up at all. While searching the net for clues as to why I came acrross your site. It could be related to some bad caps on the DM board. I was hoping for tips on replacing them.

Thanks for your rapid response.

Dave 

spydergramps
Larry Dillon said: what was

Larry Dillon said: what was done so far and what did I send to you?

Sorry, this is my isecond posting. My Mits WS65XXXX  big screen won't turn on anymore. At 1st it would shut off once or twice aday, but now it won't power up at all. While searching the net for clues as to why I came acrross your site. It could be related to some bad caps on the DM board. I was hoping for tips on replacing them.

Thanks for your rapid response.

Dave 

bullone
i have a mitsubisbi vs 6017

i have a mitsubisbi vs 6017 rear projection.

sond comes on but no picture. if i press the test  button on front panel, a curved thin blue line is all that is projected.

The fuses , all five , are fine.

Any help or service manual or schematic would help. pictures of the capacitors likely to be bad would help also

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
sorry I do not have a manual

sorry I do not have a manual on this model. and yes I am almost positive there is a bad cap or two in this set but I do not have any clue as to ehitch one's would be bad. I have not worked on many of thid model

Greg Toscano
Hi I need your help I already

Hi I need your help I already replaced the capacitors of the dm board. And I did check the contacts to make sure its working. But still I get no power to the tv. As soon as I plug the tv power outlet I hear a very short buzz sound and then no power. There are no lights blinking in the front. Do you think its the whole power board of the tv? If so how much do you guys think it would be for me to replace it? Please help its been sitting in my living room since last October.

Larry Dillon
There is a small tag inside

There is a small tag inside the cabinet that showa you where the small fuses are, they are NOT the typical glass type fuses. check first F9A04 and F9A05 and if one or more are bad replace the convergence IC's first!!!Then the pico fuse that is bad.

shortsam
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
Can you send me the repair instructions for the WS-55613 DM? Address is [email protected].
Thanks
Joe

smile4JLR
I have a WS55613 was blinking

I have a WS55613 was blinking green pilot now it's on steady after I resoldered the hot spots, I read somewhere that it's IC9C25 pn270P677030. I need the generic number. an anyone provide that for me? TIA, John

Pages

Connect With Techlore