Mitsubishi WS-55613

896 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
big mistake using the Radio

big mistake using the Radio sHck Capacitore my friend, your DM will be trsh in a month or so, i'm AFRAID you might even get 6 months or so.

grenier
Can you please email me the

Can you please email me the instructions to fix this problem? This has been going on for a long time now and is getting worse. Where do you find the capacitors, if not from Radio Shack?

grenier
grenier again.....email is

grenier again.....email is [email protected]

al fergusson
Hello, I too have the same

Hello, I too have the same problem with our 55613 TV. May I bug you too Larry to send the problem/solution manual to my e-mail please? [email protected]

Thank you so much in advance, it looks like you have blessed many families with your knowledge.

grek
Hi, I'm another victim of the

Hi, I'm another victim of the green light of death. I'm having problems removing the DM module on my WS-55613. Could you also send me the guide too? Thanks [email protected]

Thanks
Greg

lcpl barks usmc
yes i was wondering if i

yes i was wondering if i could get some help i want to repair my tv my self i own a mitsubishi ws-55613 and i am geting the green light of death and was wondering if some one could email me instructions on how to fix it [email protected]

Neill
I am coming into this thread

I am coming into this thread late but I have the same problem. Is there a way I could get the picture fix for this.

[email protected]

Your a busy man Larry

Neill
Larry,

Larry,

I also saw you were down on Radio Shack Capacitors. Where should we get the replacement capacitors? I have the ws-55613. 1000uf/16 volt @105 degree is this the right size capacitor?

cliffndonna
I seem to have the same

I seem to have the same problem now, can you send me the repair docs

cliffndonna
I also am hving the blinking

I also am hving the blinking light issue can you send me the repair docs [email protected]

Tammi
Hi, I have been reading about

Hi, I have been reading about all of the flashing green lights of death and I too have the same exact problem. Will you please send me the DM repair module with pics to ttjones02@yahoo. Thanks. Hope it will work!!!

Danny A
I have a WS-55613 that just

I have a WS-55613 that just started doing the same excat thing (flashing green lights of death). Larry can you please send me the DM repair module with pics to [email protected]

Thanks in advance!!!

Dan S.
Help, Blinking Green Light

Help, Blinking Green Light of Death on a 55" Mitis. I have read all the threads that go back to '07. The links that show diagrams and instructions for locating and replacing the Puffy Caps don't seem to be there anymore. Can anyone provide me with a new link. It would be nice to get this thing running again in time to watch the Bowl Games.

Dan S.
Danny A said: I have a WS

Danny A said: I have a WS-55613 that just started doing the same excat thing (flashing green lights of death). Larry can you please send me the DM repair module with pics to [email protected] Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Danny,

Didi anyone send you the repair instructions and pics?  If so, would you forward them to me at [email protected].

Thanks, Dan S.

AM
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

Reg: Green Blinking Light

I have the WS 65712. Read the whole thread and have understood to try replace the capacitors first. Where can I get them and what exact specs should I replace it with, in order to prevent such a fault again.

Also if you could show me steps as how to do it that will be a huge help.

Many Thanks
AM

todd77
Hello. I have run into this

Hello. I have run into this same problem on my TV. I would really appreciate it if someone could send me the repair instructions and pics. My email is [email protected]. My model is WS-55613. Thanks : )

dt75
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I had the same GLOD problem and actually successfully fixed it! The TV has been working fine for about 6 months now, and wouldn't you know it.....green light of death again. I replaced the capacitors (this time they didn't appear "puffy" like last time) and still getting the dreaded GLOD.

Anyone else have this problem?

grek
I also replaced the bulging

I also replaced the bulging capacitors but now it won't even power on. As soon as I plug the power cord you hear a sound like its trying to power on the tube. No green light flashing in front after the capacitor replacement.

TAD
I have a WS 55859 and I have

I have a WS 55859 and I have the same blinking green light that occured after a power outage. I called a repair shop and they told me that it is bad computer digital module and will cost $585 for the parts alone. It seems like some of you were suggested some cheaper fixes... just wondering if I have to spend the $585 (plus labor) or if there might be a cheaper solution. Also, our TV is about 5 years old... wondering if it is worth fixing or if we will most likely have similar or different problems down the road. Initially we paid about $3,000 for the TV, so I am not axious to get another! Thanks for your help!

Larry Dillon
an e-mail address would help

an e-mail address would help you get the fix for this set!!

TAD
Larry Dillon said: an e-mail

Larry Dillon said: an e-mail address would help you get the fix for this set!!

My email address is [email protected]

OB Mike
Larry, you seem to be the man

Larry, you seem to be the man with the fix for the GLOD! I've got the same problem. Please send me the instructions and pics to [email protected]

dt75
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
an e-mail address would help you get the fix for this set!!

thanks!

dt75
JDub1221 said:

JDub1221 said:

Larry Dillon said: an e-mail address would help you get the fix for this set!!

thanks!

Sorry. i guess I shouldve included that I need the manual for the WS55613.

thanks in advance

Highfall
I got the blinking green

I got the blinking green problem, called a repair guy, paid him forty bucks to tell me I needed a new DM module - it was gonna cost $450 - when I balked at that it got dropped immediately to $350

I found that it was a common problem and ordered the capacitors from someone on ebay - I read about the possible fuse problem and had my friend who knows his business that they were 'open' and that was bad

the thing that I don't understand is that not only were F9B00 and F9B02 'open' but also F9B01, which isn't even mentioned in the repair PDF

I think I am just going to have my boy replace the capacitors, replace it all and if it still doesn't work, go from there.

What would you guys do?

James

Leo Serrano
Larry Dillion,

Larry Dillion,

I have the Mits WS-65411 Medallion Series with HD1080...I have the same situation or similar problem like the other members. I turn on the set...the flashing green light goes and about 3 seconds later, the set turns itself off.
Reading some of the members comments, you were able to assist with details.
Please send me instructions or guide to fix my set.

Thank you,
Leo Serrano ( [email protected] )

TAD
TAD said: I have a WS 55859

TAD said: I have a WS 55859 and I have the same blinking green light that occured after a power outage. I called a repair shop and they told me that it is bad computer digital module and will cost $585 for the parts alone. It seems like some of you were suggested some cheaper fixes... just wondering if I have to spend the $585 (plus labor) or if there might be a cheaper solution. Also, our TV is about 5 years old... wondering if it is worth fixing or if we will most likely have similar or different problems down the road. Initially we paid about $3,000 for the TV, so I am not axious to get another! Thanks for your help!

Larry Dillon, you are a genius !  My husband and I just made the repair based on your recommendations and information.  While I wouldn't exactly call the repair "easy" it certainly was easier to spend $19 than the $980 that I was quoted for the repair.  THANK YOU soooooo very much.  We made the repair tonight and the TV turned right on !  A donation is coming your way.  Thank you for taking the time to help us out.

ws-65613
Could you please email me the

Could you please email me the detailed instructions with pictures on how to remove the DM Module? I have a Mitsubishi WS-55813 TV with the constant blinking green LED problem.

ws-65613
Could you please email me the

Could you please email me the detailed instructions with pictures on how to remove the DM Module? I have a Mitsubishi WS-55813 TV with the constant blinking green LED problem.

TAD
I have a WS 55859 and I have

I have a WS 55859 and I have the same blinking green light that occured after a power outage. I called a repair shop and they told me that it is bad computer digital module and will cost $585 for the parts alone. It seems like some of you were suggested some cheaper fixes... just wondering if I have to spend the $585 (plus labor) or if there might be a cheaper solution. Also, our TV is about 5 years old... wondering if it is worth fixing or if we will most likely have similar or different problems down the road. Initially we paid about $3,000 for the TV, so I am not axious to get another! Thanks for your help!

Pages

Connect With Techlore