Mitsubishi WS-55613

896 posts / 0 new
Last post
Scott-
Here are the manuals Larry.
Scott-
Larry -

Larry -

I have looked at the manual. Look at pages 20 & 21. This looks pretty straight-forward. The good news is the tv is so large, there is plenty of room to maneuver and slide the chassis back to get at the DM module. Do you want me to take some pictures of the chassis with the dm module so you can get a look at it? The tricky thing seems to be disconnecting the Card Reader USB and the 1394 cables from the DM module.

Scott

Larry Dillon
That would be good to see. Do

That would be good to see. Do you have an electronic copy of the service manual?

Scott-
Actually, all I have is what

Actually, all I have is what I sent to you. It should open up for you, but I had a heckuva time printing it initially. Can you help me with the capacitors. I'm confused with the nomenclature. Some say the the capacitors should be 1000MFD @ 16volts while another man indicated that the capacitors should be 1000ui @ 16volts. Then there is the discussion of whether they should have radial leads. Can you be specific for me about what to buy and what to buy if I wanted to get a capacitor that would be more heat resistant, perhaps 1000MFD @ 35volts. Would that work?

I'll take some pictures as soon as I get the back off.

Scott

Larry Dillon
no the capacitors for better

no the capacitors for better heat are 105 C . They use sometimes 85C. use a simple 1000MFD@16 volts. i use these. http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=jAnpRN762cZlY2cx3rd3DQ%3d%3d

drake1
Hey you all this is greate

Hey you all this is greate forum.  I too have been struck by the green blinking light of death.  Can someone please send me the complete documentation on repairing the DM.  I was just ready to pass out until I came across this site.  thanks in advance.

[email protected]

drake1
Hey you all this is greate

Hey you all this is greate forum.  I too have been struck by the green blinking light of death.  Can someone please send me the complete documentation on repairing the DM.  I was just ready to pass out until I came across this site.  thanks in advance.

[email protected]

Scott-
Larry -

Larry -

I've gotten down to the DM Module cover with the holes in the casing. I am sending these photos to let you see what I am dealing with. I have removed the appropriate screws; however, the cover does not remove easily. I looks like there are clips on the bottom of board that hold the casing in place. The photos should show this nicely. I don't want to force it as I don't want to damage the board. Take a look and see what you think.

Scott

I can't seem to send you these Jpg's. Is there another address I might use to get these to you. You can send it to my email and I can send that way and your address won't be public.

Larry Dillon
I have had this address on

I have had this address on here a thousand times man. LOL It is [email protected]

Parkerracing
Mr Dillon, it looks like I

Mr Dillon, it looks like I have found a place that can help me........I have the "green light of death"....model WS 55613

I understand that 4 caps are bad, can you forward me instuctions and what/were is the DM board and the best way to get at it..........

Thanks for your help. Tony

[email protected]

FrugalGuy
Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,

The tech came to my house and replaced the afore mentioned caps. After my stop he had 7 more stops to make all related to the blinking green light of death. I was fortunate that I had an extended warranty. So I didn't have to spring for the caps.

Frugal Guy

Larry Dillon
Parkerracing, I will send out

Parkerracing, I will send out the repair information out to you this evening. Good Luck

drake1
Larry Dillon said: Drake,

Larry Dillon said: Drake, what's the model number?

WS 65712 Thanks for any info you can provide.

Larry Dillon
Sorry man, that is a model I

Sorry man, that is a model I do not have any info on. I do not even know if it has a DM board or not.

EW
Larry,

Larry,

First, thanks for taking time to help everyone out.   And to answer the question as to whether or not this common problem will effect me buying Mitsubishi in the future... YES... how can it not w/ such a common, seemingly gurranteed problem.  This is what I feared most when investing in  such an expensive item warranted for only one year... it really upsets me.  I guess I'll have to change my stance on those extended warranties I always thought they wouldn't pay off.  

Anyway, done ranting... my set: WD-52631, bought Christmas 2006.  The set shut down the oher day.  It is in a nice cool basement room in the open, so I don't think it overheated.  I reset the set, unplugged it, reset it, then turned it on.  I get the flashing green light, after 15 seconds, I hear the set try to fire up...  something on the left (as you're looking at it from the front) sounds like  it is spinning up... then I hear some very fast clicking or what almost sounds like a cricket noise or like a cd is scratching when you play it on the stereo....  then the fan follows a second later... then it ceases... the cycle repeats itself once again, then the set shuts down for good.  Is it the capacitors or ballast that I am hearing?  During the entire process the green light flashes... at no point does the lamp light come on and upon inspection, the lamp look good.

I've got a repair tech coming out tomorrow afternoon... $105 for service call (this includes diagnosing the problem).  Do you think I should keep this appointment, or do you feel that you know of my problem?  If you can provide me the solution, that would be awesome.  I'd be interested in checking out your DM module document you have provided others.  Also, I spoke w/ the Tech earlier today and  he said he thinks there is a thermal defect that Mitsubishi is covering... something about the set overheating.  He wasn't sure if it is covering my specific model.  I haven't received any formal letter from Mitsubishi regarding the defect... I think they'll pay to have it fixed.  If it does cover my set, I can probably get the tech out here free of charge and get him to look into my problem for a case of beer or so.  Do you know of the recall that I am referring to?  Relate to my current prob?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Erik   [email protected].

dion
i also have a flashing green

i also have a flashing green power light on my ws65513  can u send me info on how i can fix this my email addsress is [email protected]  thanks  65inch mits  big screen

boe
Sorry if this has already

Sorry if this has already been answered but I did the change out and it turns on finally!   Thanks so much for your help!

The issue is that when I turn it on - it flashes for about 1 minute then seems to turn off for about 1 second and then fully powers up - is there something I missed?   I don't recall it taking that long to power up before unless the unit had been unplugged for a while.

Thanks

Larry Dillon
This is a very common problem

This is a very common problem.Somehow,the set got put into power saver mode.It should tell you in your instruction manualhow to take it out of power saving mode.

boe
Thanks - it is on the first

Thanks - it is on the first set up screen.   I should have checked there.  I appreciate the help.

DonTido
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

Quick question, a friend of mine has a WS-48511 that has “a bulb” issue and is no longer using that TV. As you know I have the WS-55613 with the blinking light issue, is it possible to use the parts from either of these sets to get one of them working? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Jeff Block
can you send me a picture of

can you send me a picture of the pcb for the fix on the ws-55613, email [email protected]
thanks

Rich234
HELP!!! ok i got the caps

HELP!!! ok i got the caps today i soldered them in correctly. ran home reinstalled the dm pluged in all the cables and turned it on. got a blinking green light for about a minute then i turned it on. and presto it worked for about a minute then the screen whent blank sound whent off, and it looked all squigly like an old antena tv that wasnt tuned rite.and it even made a high pitched whine noise very faint just like an old rhf tv that wasnt tuned completely in to a station. rechecked every thing reseated every thing. i popped in an sd card in the front slot and selected sd card on the tv and i played the sd card but it had a rolling picture again just like an out of tune tv. any ideas?????
Thanks for your Time

Eric J. Adams
Larry can you send me the mod

Larry can you send me the mod fix?

[email protected]

thanks!!!

Larry Dillon
Were the old capacitors very

Were the old capacitors very bad, I mean were they really buldged on the tops and was there any cap juice left on the printed circuit board? That could certainly cause problems.

metaldog99
Larry,

Larry,
I have a WD-52525 with green blinking light. Can you send the mod fix for DM caps?
Thanks!
Phil

[email protected]

Rocky9030
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,
I did not work. If this post is allowed to go through i will elaborate

Rocky9030
Wow your server accepted it

Wow your server accepted it this time. I am Disappointed in Mitsubishi for not being responsible for this huge problem. I have tried your cap fix even though the original Caps hardly looked bulged with no difference. I have purchased the service manual online and printed it. My $5500.00 Black box has sat dormant for 16 months in a spare room, because i bought a new tv from another manufacturer i have left this one alone. I have had enough heckling from my other half regarding this poor investment and would like to guve it another try. Any Suggestions?

Thank You
David

instigator24
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
Were the old capacitors very bad, I mean were they really buldged on the tops and was there any cap juice left on the printed circuit board? That could certainly cause problems.

Hi Larry, I have a WS-55513 and have the green lights of death. I replaced the convergence chips, and the problem still exists. Can you please send me your DM fix to [email protected]

Thanks,

Joel

briang
I have a ws-48511 with the

I have a ws-48511 with the blinking green light, could you send me any information on that model
[email protected]

Thanks

Larry Dillon
i will certainly assist you

i will certainly assist you but just a thought, did you not see the model number that was listed in this thread you are posting a question on? And then look at the model number of the request? MMM Are you able to solder on printed circuit boards? If so perhaps maybe you can save about a 1000 bucks or so on this repair. I will send it to you shortly. Good Luck

Pages

Connect With Techlore