Mitsubishi WS-55613

896 posts / 0 new
Last post
brentutah
hey Larry How long has this

hey Larry How long has this repair lasted and has anyone received anything from Mitsubishi for there troubles? thanks

Larry Dillon
Using the Radio Shack

Using the Radio Shack capacitors, maybe a couple or three months tops, and no, I have not heard anything about compensation from Mitsubishi..

JoeIndo
I am having similar problem

I am having similar problem with my Mitsubishi VS-50111 projection tv. When you go to power on light blinks but then just goes back off. Could you send me the repair instructions i believe it is the blinking green light of death Thanks

JoeIndo
Hey sorry my e-mail address

Hey sorry my e-mail address is [email protected]. Appreciate if you could help

DonTido
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

Thanks again for the repair info.  I replaced the capacitors and all three fuses and I am still getting that darn blinking light.  Is there anything else that could be the culprit? Also, is there a way to test the capacitors other than just looking at them?  I am wondering if they may be installed incorrectly or were damaged in the process.  The polarity is correct and I am fairly confident that my soldering is up to par. I also noticed that after I replaced the fuses there is a small LED light on the bottom of the DM board that lit up that did not prior to replacing them, so I am pretty sure that the fuses are installed correctly and working.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  If nothing else, can you suggest if and where I can just purchase a new / refurbished DM board all together....may be cheaper than having a tech look at it and repair it.

Thanks Again,

Tim

Larry Dillon
Tim, Try taking the DM board

Tim, Try taking the DM board out of the set and take off the case. install the board into the connectors and make sure all of the connectors are seated properly, then install the case and plug the set back in and wait for a minute or so before hitting the power switch. If the light goes out after a minute or so, the set should turn on.

DonTido
Thanks again Larry.  I will

Thanks again Larry.  I will give that a go when I get home tonightan will let you know the outcome. Wish me luck

Larry Dillon
This problem happens a lot

This problem happens a lot when folks repair their DM board becase with the case on, it is hard to see the connectors so you might not be in all the way. Good Luck!Wink

DonTido
Larry,

Larry,

Is it going to make a difference with the cover on or off?  The reason I ask is that last night when I plugged the DM board in, I had the cover removed to ensure that it was pluging in tight.  And as I mentioned before that little LED light in the DM board lit up (which it had not before) but the LED light in front of the TV kept blinking.  Any thoughts on that?

DonTido
Well Larry, as I suspected no

Well Larry, as I suspected no luck.  From what I have researched most of the people that have the blinking light, have the capacitor problem.  Could it be possible that I damaged the capacitors or even worse the DM board itself?  Is there a way that I could test the capacitors and / or the board?  As I said before, the little LED light on the DM board itself is lit, which to my understanding means it is working or at least has power and my fuse problem has been resolved. If there is anything else you can suggest it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for all your help,

Tim

Larry Dillon
You probably waited till the

You probably waited till the set stopped working. I bet you 10 to one that you have had this problem in the past but it cleared itself up. Am I right? If so, you waited too long thinking the set fixed itself. Sorry, not true. You may have waited till the DM destroyed itself.

DonTido
Yep, thats pretty much what

Yep, thats pretty much what happened.  About a month or so ago the light came on and the set stopped working. Then a day or so later, I went to turn it on and it worked.  If I turned it off it would not work for sometimes an hour sometimes a day.  So once I got it on again, I just left it on until by accident it got turned off and has been ever since.  So it looks as if the DM has indeed destroyed itself.  Is there anyway I can be sure or should I just toss it and a) look for a replacement board (if you have any suggestions on where to get one I'd be greatful) or 2) cut my loss and go get a new tv (not the option I am hoping for).

groombridge
Hello Larry, I have a Mitsu

Hello Larry, I have a Mitsu WS55859 with the dreaded blinking timer light. Power won't turn on and I've tried the trouble shooting in the manual. Can you also email me the instructions for a fix to [email protected]

Thanks!!

FrugalGuy
Larry Dillon said: Yes it

Larry Dillon said: Yes it does. If you want the detailed version with pictures and things, leave your e-mail and I would be more then happy to send it to you. Good Luck with this repair and let us know how you make out with this TV set.

Good evening Larry. It must be time for the Green Blinking Light of Death problems be cause I too need your documentation if it wouldn't be a problem. My address is [email protected]  .

I can see where this site as well as Fred's TDI page will be my most visited sites.

Best Regards,

Dan aka Frugal Guy

Larry Dillon
Dan, I will have the repair

Dan, I will have the repair info out to you ASAP. Good Luck with the repair.

DonTido
Hello again Larry,

Hello again Larry,

I was reading another post and it had mentioned that another culprit for the blinking light could be the convergence ic.  Is there any way to test this or should I just order the new parts and cross my fingers?

Thanks,

Tim

Larry Dillon
Tim, It is a possibility. If

Tim, It is a possibility. If the convergence is causing the problem, usually you are missing a voltage in the power supply. Check the small fuses F9A04 and F9A05, if one of these do nor measure continuity, replace the IC's. Do not just replace the fuse as the fuse DOES NOT blow out for no reason.

Jrogere
Can someone email me this DM

Can someone email me this DM repair? My Mitsubishi has always had the problem with intermittent shutting down. Now it will not power on and the green light blinks continuously. I tried to follow the link, but it does not work.

Jrogere
Jrogere said:

Jrogere said:

Can someone email me this DM repair? My Mitsubishi has always had the problem with intermittent shutting down. Now it will not power on and the green light blinks continuously. I tried to follow the link, but it does not work.  

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks in advance.

Larry Dillon
The repair documents are on

The repair documents are on their way man. Good Luck

FrugalGuy
I found my receipt and I

I found my receipt and I purchased the extended warranty. Now the bad news it will be a week from this coming Friday before the service guy gets here. Oh well. I'll post with what was done to repair it.

OscarC
I also have a Mitsubishi WD

I also have a Mitsubishi WD-52825 television set that I purchased two years ago, and suddenly it has quit turning on, but the green light continues to blink nonstop.  It has been two days now, and I am not sure what to do.  I noticed in the thread that there apears to be some sort of instruction to fix this, which Mr. Larry Dillon can provide.  If you could, please forward this instruction set to [email protected].  It would be greatly appreciated.  At a minimum, I can speak semi-intelligently to a computer repairman if I have to contact one.

Thanks in advance,

OscarC

Scott-
Gentleman - I am so impressed

Gentleman -

I am so impressed with what I have read about the DM Module and the fix. You guys have it seriously goin' on. I am thrilled to have found you. I too have the blinking green light of death, and I have had my set diagnosed with the DM Module being bad. When they quoted the price of part and fix, I almost had to call the paramedics and have high-flow O2 applied to the lips. I would like to undertake this fix; however, the link that I pasted could or did not work.

Mr. Larry Dillon, could you please send it to me at the following email address? I would appreciate it.

[email protected].

Thanks so very much. And I understand the delicacy of the soldering. I have a friend who is an expert at this so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you,

Scott O.

Scott-
Larry -

Larry -

The model number is WL-82913.

Thank you for your reply. Please send to the previous email.

Scott

Scott-
Larry -

Larry -

Another gentleman on another posting, which I can't find right now, mentioned that another capacitor with another number was stronger and more heat resistant. Do you have a thought on that and would you recommend that? If so, what would the part number be?

Scott

Larry Dillon
I found some long life(5000hr

I found some long life(5000hr) at digikey, those would be better I guess. Look at them HERE. That is not the model that is covered under these repairs though. I do not have the pictures or the service manual for this model number.

Scott-
Larry -

Larry -

Thanks for replying. If you could, just send me the info anyway and I will take a look at it and see if there is any similarity when I get in there. Regardless, it will contribute to the learning curve. If manufacturers are anything alike, they don't re-invent the wheel with each product. I imagine there is some carry-over with parts and dm's for cost control.

If you could send that info in the near future, I could share it with my friend who is pretty proficient in this stuff.

Thank you,

Scott

Larry Dillon
Take off the back or the

Take off the back or the front down by the speaker grills. there are so many different types/ Let me know if this set uses three picture tubes and lens, or is it an LCD or DLP type projection? See if they use picture tubes in this set. You will see three lens. i nthe other case of it being an LCD or DLP, they use a light engine. One lens.

Scott-
Mine is an LCOS, which as far

Mine is an LCOS, which as far as I can tell, just uses one lamp from the front. You access the DM module from the rear, and since the TV is so large, there is plenty of room to work. Please, just send me a picture of the DM module so I can get my bearings. I think this will be easier than I had previously thought as my friend is a former Air Force techo-geek who worked on all sorts of stuff. Anyway to download the maintenance manual for this thing?

Scott

Larry Dillon
I wish I had a picture of

I wish I had a picture of this Scott. Thats what I am telling you I do not have a clue what it looks like man. You can download a copy from HERE. Once you get it, semd a copy this way and we can see if it is like any of the fixes we have.

Pages

Connect With Techlore