Toshiba, Model4283, picture is zig-zag.

389 posts / 0 new
Last post
roger
I want to thank all that post

I want to thank all that post info and the moderators , GREAT JOB !!! 

I sent my hyperboard  out to be repaired, I used the one I found on Ebay, send me a PM for info. I dont want to violate any posting rules.  I had to use a magnifing glass to see the work , it was done so well.  I installed the repaired hyperboard and the issue with wavey lines and ghost image are gone completly.  I do need to see if any one  has info on how to correctly set the reb blue and green gun levels and white ballance and if there is a dvd avalible with a test signal for calibrating. I highly recommend the Ebay repair , it was fast and resonably priced . Laughing

gavin28
hey essell i accidentally

hey essell i accidentally pulled up two of the traces on the board when removing the caps. can you please tell me how to repair this. its cx178 and cx230

gavin28

hey essell i accidentally pulled up two of the traces on the board when removing the caps. can you please tell me how to repair this. its cx178 and cx230

Steven D
I've pulled the hyper board

I've pulled the hyper board out of my 42H83 set and had a tech at work replace the caps. After several attempts at re-installing (with minor tweaks to the board) I've still had the same wavy line symptoms, but after the last attempt (found a questionable trace and hard wired it) I've managed to make matters worse :( Now the wavy lines are on the menu as well, and I get random power downs (before it would run hours with no problems). Ideas???

Thanks

Steven

Steven D
Thanks to all for the help

Thanks to all for the help and especially to Ken at bioelectric (the gentleman who does the e-bay rebuilds). After several attempts to fix what appeared to be a questionable trace I had managed to loose one of the surface mount resistors. Finally finding the source of the problem (a capacitor that the tech who re-worked the board had mis-routed) I was faced with replacing a component I had no idea what was... Enter Ken, after a short e-mail to him requesting information on this area of the board he sent over a detailed photo with the resistor in question circled and the value, he obviously knows his stuff. I only wish I had known about his service before I went into this myself. Replaced with a standard resister and capacitor and all is well, set has been working great for about a week now.

Steven

roger
I want to thank all that post

I want to thank all that post info and the moderators , GREAT JOB !!! 

I sent my hyperboard  out to be repaired, I used the one I found on Ebay, send me a PM for info. I dont want to violate any posting rules.  I had to use a magnifing glass to see the work , it was done so well.  I installed the repaired hyperboard and the issue with wavey lines and ghost image are gone completly.  I do need to see if any one  has info on how to correctly set the reb blue and green gun levels and white ballance and if there is a dvd avalible with a test signal for calibrating. I highly recommend the Ebay repair , it was fast and resonably priced . Laughing

gavin28

gavin28

Steven D
I've pulled the hyper board

I've pulled the hyper board out of my 42H83 set and had a tech at work replace the caps. After several attempts at re-installing (with minor tweaks to the board) I've still had the same wavy line symptoms, but after the last attempt (found a questionable trace and hard wired it) I've managed to make matters worse :( Now the wavy lines are on the menu as well, and I get random power downs (before it would run hours with no problems). Ideas???

Thanks

Steven

Steven D
Thanks to all for the help

Thanks to all for the help and especially to Ken at bioelectric (the gentleman who does the e-bay rebuilds). After several attempts to fix what appeared to be a questionable trace I had managed to loose one of the surface mount resistors. Finally finding the source of the problem (a capacitor that the tech who re-worked the board had mis-routed) I was faced with replacing a component I had no idea what was... Enter Ken, after a short e-mail to him requesting information on this area of the board he sent over a detailed photo with the resistor in question circled and the value, he obviously knows his stuff. I only wish I had known about his service before I went into this myself. Replaced with a standard resister and capacitor and all is well, set has been working great for about a week now.

Steven

bravesoul
Steven D said: Thanks to all

Steven D said: Thanks to all for the help and especially to Ken at bioelectric (the gentleman who does the e-bay rebuilds). After several attempts to fix what appeared to be a questionable trace I had managed to loose one of the surface mount resistors. Finally finding the source of the problem (a capacitor that the tech who re-worked the board had mis-routed) I was faced with replacing a component I had no idea what was... Enter Ken, after a short e-mail to him requesting information on this area of the board he sent over a detailed photo with the resistor in question circled and the value, he obviously knows his stuff. I only wish I had known about his service before I went into this myself. Replaced with a standard resister and capacitor and all is well, set has been working great for about a week now. Steven

I am looking for someone to rebuild my Hyper board, can anyone assist?

Joe

Steven D
bravesoul said:

bravesoul said:

Steven D said: Thanks to all for the help and especially to Ken at bioelectric (the gentleman who does the e-bay rebuilds). After several attempts to fix what appeared to be a questionable trace I had managed to loose one of the surface mount resistors. Finally finding the source of the problem (a capacitor that the tech who re-worked the board had mis-routed) I was faced with replacing a component I had no idea what was... Enter Ken, after a short e-mail to him requesting information on this area of the board he sent over a detailed photo with the resistor in question circled and the value, he obviously knows his stuff. I only wish I had known about his service before I went into this myself. Replaced with a standard resister and capacitor and all is well, set has been working great for about a week now. Steven

I am looking for someone to rebuild my Hyper board, can anyone assist?
Joe

Do an ebay search for "hyper board" and it comes up as first post. $75.00 and somewhere in this string there is a post describing his work as very good, definatly know's his way around this board...

Steven

Steven

Mr._Mulligan
I did the capacitor

I did the capacitor replacement in June last year. The TV is working perfectly thus far. How long does the repair last? Used this capacitor:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/31-8210

sprintr
I just did mine today and it

I just did mine today and it works perfectly. Thanks guys, especially those of you who posted the step by step photos. Truly a great help!

fatkit
I also desoldered my board

I also desoldered my board and sent it off to Ken at Bioelectric. Had it back in a week or so, and in about 30 minutes after receiving it, my set was back to new! Amazing to watch even standard def channels, since it has been probably 8 months or more of the shakes and wavy lines.

Excellent site here, and excellent work by Ken!

Regards,

Gary

bogart219
Hi guys, hope this thread is

Hi guys, hope this thread is still alive. I've been following this thread for almost a year. I ripped up four traces in the process. I used a small wire and soldered it in to a small hole where the trace looked like it was going. I had to pull the board out of the shield to get to the underside to do this. I did continuity test and it appeared the trace was connected. Well after reinstalling the module, the tv doesn't work (surprise). The power light comes on and stays on but I get no picture or sound. I didn't mess with the main board as I tipped the set on its front and unsoldered the four tabs of the hyperboard from underneath (after removing the chicken wire. double checked the polarity of the caps.Appearantly something I did on that solder job didn't work. Couple questions.
If a had a trace or two that wasn't connected right, would this cause no picture at all. Also are the four solder points that hold on the hyperboard to the mainboard, just that a pad to hold on the board or are they connected to other traces on the mainboard. What can I check next? Thanks for any help!

Larry Dillon
yes that could certainly stop

yes that could certainly stop the set from working, and if I am not mistaking the 4 ground pads do connect up other circuit snd you will need to look at those and figure out the traces that are connected or were connected. if this is above your skills you should let a pro have a look if they even wanted to get involved.
Larry

magruger44
I send my board out, time and

I send my board out, time and skills required vs money for a quilified tech with correct equipment and skill, I used same guy on e bay that other is this post used, perhaps send board to him, I was very please with his work , price and turn around time , about 8 months and set still works GREAT....... hope that helps

bogart219
Thanks for the responses guys

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm going to send that hyperboard in to that guy and let him fix it. I'm also going to try and pull that main board out this time to. Wish me luck! Thanks!

bogart219
Hey guys, I got my hyperboard

Hey guys, I got my hyperboard back from kcarrigan today. I reinstalled it. However, I still got the same problem as I did before I sent the board in. When you turn it on, you hear a click, sounds like a amp kicks on, but thats it. No picture or sound. The red light on front of the unit comes on for fifteen minutes then shuts off. Do you have any suggestions on what I can check? I checked about 7 or 8 fuses on the main power board but they where all good. Any ideas on what I can check? Thanks!
57hdx82

Larry Dillon
SHOULD have sent to PTS Corp.

SHOULD have sent to PTS Corp. com, Hey repair and TEST THE REPAIRS BEFORE SHIPPING back to customers. watch now he will most likely blame you or shipping, dont expect E-bay to help as they scweed me with something I bought from YAHOO and I canceled and was told that what I bought was a service so there is no e-bay warranty. That is only if you buy what they called malible goods

fatkit
Sorry to hear about your

Sorry to hear about your continuing problems, bogart219. I would suggest that you contact Ken immediately, make him aware of your issue, and see what can be done.

It is possible that your intitial repair attempt may have caused more damage than was initially suspected, beyond repair by simple cap replacement.

I am not sure what tests Ken does on the boards, beyond testing to ensure the connections of the capacitors he replaces and their functionality. To fully test the board, I would suspect that it would have to be installed into a TV.

I don't agree with Larry's assumption that Ken will try to pass the blame. At least I would give him the benefit of the doubt, and contact him.

Good luck!

Gary

bogart219
teamgs said:

teamgs said:
Sorry to hear about your continuing problems, bogart219. I would suggest that you contact Ken immediately, make him aware of your issue, and see what can be done.
It is possible that your intitial repair attempt may have caused more damage than was initially suspected, beyond repair by simple cap replacement.
I am not sure what tests Ken does on the boards, beyond testing to ensure the connections of the capacitors he replaces and their functionality. To fully test the board, I would suspect that it would have to be installed into a TV.
I don't agree with Larry's assumption that Ken will try to pass the blame. At least I would give him the benefit of the doubt, and contact him.
Good luck!
Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm not blaming Ken, I'm blaming myself. Ken had a fast turnaround . I did contact Ken and He said he found a couple of caps that bridged the wrong traces. Could of shorted out something on the motherboard. I have no reason to doubt him. Now I got to find some kind soul to help me troubleshoot this problem:) Boy I wish I would of just sent it to him first. Thanks for your reply!

Larry Dillon
yes and on these hyper boards

yes and on these hyper boards always shack them after a shipping as after the repairs the printed circuit trace gets very weak and the caps sometimes falls of the board!!!!!
Larry Dillon

Cyberjew2
I had a similar issue, I got

I had a similar issue, I got the board back from Ken, and the set didn't work when I installed it. It would turn on, make a click, have the red light, then shut off again.
But the issue was NOT with Ken's repair. His work was perfect. After much time spent and analysis, in my case there were two causes. A wire that I had plugged back in had come loose again during the re-install, and the AV input module where all of the cables plug into was simply not seated right in the motherboard. It looked like it was, but looks can be deceiving I guess!
I had to pull it out and push it back in the right way and voila... the set worked.
Sounds stupid, but it could be something as simple as that, or like you say earlier, you could have shorted something. But to me, this is most likely your TV and not the repaired board.

bogart219
Cyberjew2 said:

Cyberjew2 said:
I had a similar issue, I got the board back from Ken, and the set didn't work when I installed it. It would turn on, make a click, have the red light, then shut off again.
But the issue was NOT with Ken's repair. His work was perfect. After much time spent and analysis, in my case there were two causes. A wire that I had plugged back in had come loose again during the re-install, and the AV input module where all of the cables plug into was simply not seated right in the motherboard. It looked like it was, but looks can be deceiving I guess!
I had to pull it out and push it back in the right way and voila... the set worked.
Sounds stupid, but it could be something as simple as that, or like you say earlier, you could have shorted something. But to me, this is most likely your TV and not the repaired board.

Cyberjew2,

Hello there. I agree about Ken. He seems like a true professional. I'm going to double check those items mentioned. Before i put that black plastic cross piece back on over the hyperboard I noticed that that input board when plugged in kept flopping forward about an inch.I know what ever the problem i, its my fault and not anyone elses. Thanks for the info!I post back what happened with it.

sk tv digital
thanks a lot thats wrigh

thanks a lot thats wrigh those capacitors will fix that board and save some money than god for guys like you that take time to help people thans and you all have my email wellcome to any one if i have any answer i have been 27 year in electronics i fix plasma dlp and lcd and others thanks a lot all of yoy jushua texas

bogart219
sk tv digital said:

sk tv digital said:
thanks a lot thats wrigh those capacitors will fix that board and save some money than god for guys like you that take time to help people thans and you all have my email wellcome to any one if i have any answer i have been 27 year in electronics i fix plasma dlp and lcd and others thanks a lot all of yoy jushua texas

Don't understand what you just said.

hotrodts
Do ant of you know how to get

Do ant of you know how to get a hold of the ebay guy who fixes hyper boards. Thanks travis

Larry Dillon
in e-bay do a search for

in e-bay do a search for hyper board repair see what comes up
Larry Dillon

Pages

Connect With Techlore