mitsubishi ws-55613 repair

167 posts / 0 new
Last post
kerry1978
the power supply and some

the power supply and some other thing were done as well. Iam going to call him today to see what he has to say..

Larry Dillon
ask him how much those 65

ask him how much those 65 cent caps cost him? it took him less then an hour to repair!!
LD

Bob G
Larry

Larry
I have a Mits WS55613 that has the blinking light issue as well. Although if I unplug the tv and plug back in, after it goes trough the reset mode it will power up. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times but it will power on. Also about the same time the remote will no longer operate the tv including the remote from my satelite that I normally use to turn it on. Are the two issues related and does the powering on issue sound like the bad caps problem on the DM board?

Larry Dillon
Yes it sounds like vyou for

Yes it sounds like vyou for sure have the DM capacitor problem if you do not get it repaired or if you do not replace the caps right away it will blow out the DM and that is no longer available!!!!!!!
What is your e-mail address??
Larry Dillon

Bob G
Larry

Larry
Thanks for the help. My E-mail is [email protected] Any ideas on the remote control issue?

Spillyjman
I have a MDT 402s LCD monitor

I have a MDT 402s LCD monitor does it use the same capacitors?

Larry Dillon
sorry this is a different

sorry this is a different monster(SET) altogether!!!!
Larry Dillon

Spillyjman
Larry Dillon said: sorry this

Larry Dillon said: sorry this is a different monster(SET) altogether!!!! Larry Dillon

I cant find a print for this monitor.  It turns on and the back lights come on but no display.  It has two 24 vdc supplies that apear to be working.  Im replacing 2 caps that may help.

Larry Dillon
what is the make and complete

what is the make and complete model number of this set?
Larry

Spillyjman
It is a mitsubishi 40in

It is a mitsubishi 40in Monitor

Model MDT402S

Serial

A000193

It has a few other numbers.

104sm62120073 pd40/46 lf

deadhead663
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS55613 with a picture that cuts out. The power light does not flash it stays green but I do loose all inout (dvr, dvd, wii). If this is a capacitor problem can you please send me instructions?

Thanks,
Michael

[email protected]

Bob G
Success, sort of. Larry I did

Success, sort of. Larry I did the capacitor change using the (Panasonic high temp capacitors) and it did fix the powering on problem YESSSSSSSS. But for some reason my remote controls won't operate the TV. Strange thing, after doing the capacitor replacement and putting the DM board back in. The first time I plugged the TV in it went through the reboot process and I hit the power on and whalah the tv came on normally and my remotes would operate the TV. After leaving the tv on for about 10 minutes I turned it off to see if it would come back on normally. It didn't, it did the blinking light (Oh NO). I unplugged and plugged back in. The tv powered on and has not had a problem since (wierd). But now neither the satelite or tv remotes will operate the tv. Any ideas?
Thanks Bob G

Larry Dillon
you will need to check by

you will need to check by hand not by sight and make sure they are all in the proper connector correctly, straight and pushed all the way in.
Larry D.

Spillyjman
Larry Dillon said: what is

Larry Dillon said: what is the make and complete model number of this set? Larry

So have you been able to find any information about my mits monitor?

Larry Dillon
no sorry no info at any of my

no sorry no info at any of my sources?
Larry Dillon

Bob G
Larry Dillon said: you will

Larry Dillon said: you will need to check by hand not by sight and make sure they are all in the proper connector correctly, straight and pushed all the way in. Larry D.

It's Alive!!!!!! My Mits 55613 works again including the remotes. Larry, I took the DM board back out and reseated it as you suggested. Plugged the TV back in and it's working like new. And after vacuuming a 1/2 of dust off the CRT bulbs the picture is bright and vivid again. While the bad capacitors issue is a black eye for Mits, I have to admit the picture is awsome especially on high def. Larry, I noticed on another post you've already been offered a Kidney I don't have a spare organ laying around but I'd be happy to buy you Dinner.

If you have the Geen Blinking light problem, take Larry's advice and buy the kit. Its cheap and not that hard to do, just take your time. Thanks for the help. Awesome website.   

Larry Dillon
That is awesome!!!Dinner

That is awesome!!!Dinner would be great!!!!! if you are serious, my friend my PayPal address is techman32k @yahoo. com Thank you very much. my wife will be ecstatic!!!! And I do not need a kidney but thank you, I have brain cancer!!! but getting by day by day! Larry Dillon

steve2530
Larry, I have a mitsubishi

Larry, I have a mitsubishi wd62725 that is having some of the same problems I've read about on this site, about a year ago I got the blinking green light but by unplugging and resetting was able to get it back, in the last couple of months its been happening more and more, until 2 weeks ago while watching it, I got some vertical lines and then the blinking green light, all the old tricks don't seem to work anymore. Any advice or info, ie., manuels,how to's, etc., would be greatly appreciated, my e-mail is [email protected] Thanx,Steve

Larry Dillon
Should not have waited till

Should not have waited till it is too late!!!! no the simple repair is not going to work! just because it came on Does Not mean the set can fix it-self!!!!Sorry Man your looking at least at a grand or so to repair now ! Could have been a 300.00 repair!!
Sorry dude Larry Dillon

Bill Englie
can somebody please send me

can somebody please send me the instructions for the green blinking light capacitors repair. Mistubishi model WS-55613. Thank you thank you.

Larry Dillon
or maybe even a self repair

or maybe even a self repair of less then 20 bucks!!!!!!!
Larry Dillon

Larry Dillon
Bill where are we suppose to

Bill where are we suppose to send them to?The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon

bjakubeck
Larry, I too have a

Larry, I too have a mitsubishi 55613 and I am also having a problem with the blinking green light. Any chance you can send me the repair instructions? Thanks very much. Bob

[email protected]

felixthecat
Larry, I am having the wavy

Larry, I am having the wavy lines on my WS-55613 it looks like you suggest replacing capacitors. Starts wavy and then clears up.

Thanks with any help you can give me.

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!BE SURE to get the extended kit if the set is over 8 years old kit. Good luck
Larry Dillon

Lilie M.
I have a mitsubishi ws-65613

I have a mitsubishi ws-65613 for the past month almost the blinking light has been on and the tv will not turn on this has happened before but it would work after I disconnected for a while or if I pushed the rest button had happened 2 or 3 times in september but now neither of these work just that darn green blinking light but the tv will not turn on Please Help any suggestions on what I should do thank you so much

felixthecat
Larry,

Larry,

I got the repair kit and installed the new capacitors. At first it did not seem to help. I was still getting lines then it cleared up for a few days and now the lines are back but it seems that after it warms up the lines go away and I have a clear picture again. So it seems that the replacing the caps helped but did not completely fix the problem. Any suggestion on what to try next? Do they refurbished dm boards and do you still think it is in the DM board.

Thanks for your help.

Larry Dillon
not really sure i have seen

not really sure i have seen bad solder connections on the capacitors cause this on a few sets try re-soldering the caps and see what happens you have to call Mitsubishi to find out about a dm board for this set i am told they are no longer available?? not really sure as it has been a while since I have ordered one!!!!!
Larry D!!

devan
I heard som people were

I heard som people were putting slightly larger caps in there dm. Something along the lines that the 16v 1000mf weren't big enough. Is this possible that that could work..... And if so what would you recomend..... That dm is a real mother to get out if you don't know what your doing by the way......

Larry Dillon
no use the recommended caps

no use the recommended caps as it is not the under rated voltage that makes them go bad, use the 1000uf @ 16Volts
Larry D.

Pages

Connect With Techlore