mitsubishi ws-55613 repair

167 posts / 0 new
Last post
boomn29
TASHA034 said:

TASHA034 said:
Our TV wont turn on at all and the green light is blinking, any suggestions?

I too have this problem nowon my 55613.  Blinking light and it won't stop.  Please send possible directions to fix to [email protected]  

Huge thanks in advance!

boomn29
boomn29 said:

boomn29 said:

I too have this problem nowon my 55613. Blinking light and it won't stop. Please send possible directions to fix to [email protected]

Huge thanks in advance!

So I found directions on changing out the 4 capacitors from another forum. I have that change complete but this did not solve my problem.
As this was my first attempt at soldering, any suggestions on verifying my new connectivity is not the issue?

Larry Dillon
sometimes after you replace

sometimes after you replace the caps the DM is hard to seat into the bottom connectors as it is hard to see, you should take off the metal case on the DM reseat onto the connectors properly then reinstall the metsl case, I have seen and heard this a dozen if not more times

bloomis
Just got the blinking green

Just got the blinking green light of death on my ws-55613. Larry, can you please send the DM repair manual to [email protected]

Thanks is advance.

the_unknown175
I have the Mitubishi ws 55613

I have the Mitubishi ws 55613 blinking green light issue. My set appears to only have 4 of the caps, and have replaced them, still blinking green.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Larry Dillon
sometimes after you replace

sometimes after you replace the caps the DM is hard to seat into the bottom connectors as it is hard to see, you should take off the metal case on the DM reseat onto the connectors properly then reinstall the metsl case, I have seen and heard this a dozen if not more times, what model number do you have?

the_unknown175
I took module out, seated

I took module out, seated without cage....WORKS!

Thanx!

GinnyH
I too have the same problem

I too have the same problem with the green blinking light on WS55613. Please send repair help to [email protected]

Thank you

Ginny

jw
I habve a mitsubishi 55511

I habve a mitsubishi 55511 set and have the blinking green light. The set never comes on - the light goes out after a few mins but if you hit reset or unplug it and plug it back in the light just blinks again and then goes out.
I have removed the dm module and removed the 7 capacitors. My problem is the local radio shack only has 1000 mf 35volt capacitors not 16 volt and from reading some of the earlier posts a larger voltage cap does not work. Do you have any idea where I can get the proper 1000 mf 16V caps?? Also - I did not note exactly how they were originally installed and forgot they have a pos and neg. How do you install the new ones on the board - does the neg side go into the board wire hole with the white circle around it or in the wire hole with nothing around it?? Thanks

Larry Dillon
e-mail address and i will

e-mail address and i will share some info with you.

jw
Larry Dillon said: e-mail

Larry Dillon said: e-mail address and i will share some info with you.

My email address is  [email protected]

jw
Larry, Have you had a chance

Larry, Have you had a chance to send me the information you mentioned. My email address is [email protected]. Thanks

trevnut
larry,

larry,

i have the blinking green light of death on my ws-55613. cant you please email me the instructions to do the capacitor fix?

thanks

[email protected]

jw
Larry,

Larry,

I just replaced the 7 capacitors on the DM power module of my 55511 model. Still have the blinking green light. What else could possibly be the problem. Also I could not open the mitsubishi service manual - the pando document, you sent. I was able to open the repair document but it is for the wrong model set. Thanks. [email protected]

Larry Dillon
you must have posted under

you must have posted under the wrong model number of set when you asked for help,Folks do that all th time, I am not a mind reader I need to know what you have and what you nee to send you the right files, also you need to go to Pando.com and download the free Pando files to open the pando files and to save them.

suzee
Larry Dillon said: you must

Larry Dillon said: you must have posted under the wrong model number of set when you asked for help,Folks do that all th time, I am not a mind reader I need to know what you have and what you nee to send you the right files, also you need to go to Pando.com and download the free Pando files to open the pando files and to save them.

I mentioned that my model number was WS-65513(MIT) and there was no mention of Pando.com on the site.

Twice i requested detailed repair procedures and included my email address as : [email protected]

jw
I just found this info on

I just found this info on another site that also discusses problems with mitsubishi rear projection sets. This is a possible fix for the "Blinking Green Light of Death". The post said to allow the blinking green light to go out and then run your finger back and forth over the buttons on the front panel below the screen several times. Then push the power buttion and see what happens. Apparently some times one or more of these buttons stick internally and cause the TV to lock up or whatever and by running your finger over them multile times that frees it up and will allow the set to turn on. I had already gone through replacing the 7 capacitors on the DM module (I have a 55511) and still had the same green blinking light. After reading the post suggesting the fingers over the buttons I went out to the garage, plugged the set in watched the light blink and go out. I then ran my finger over the front panel buttons many times and then pushed the power button and guess what!! The set came on. It's a miracle!!!

worm
Hello Larry ,

Hello Larry ,
I know you probly post this all ready,could you refresh me on this.
I replace the caps in the DM also check the pico fuse fuse are good but I still get a steadyblinking LED.

Any help please

Danellis
Larry,

Larry,
Could you also send me the instrutions on the DM module capacitor replacement?
My email is [email protected]

Thanks
Tony

gjchilcote
Larry, I have the same

Larry, I have the same blinking green lite problem with my Mitsubishi model ws-55613, and it appears that you have a solution. Would you please send me repair information, my e-mail address is [email protected].

Thanks for your help,

Gary

jetmechBill
If possible, I would love to

If possible, I would love to get the info on how ro fix the blinking light of death. My ws-55613 won't turn on....and it is football season!!!
Thanks,
Bill
[email protected]

Danny A
Same issue, I have a WS-55613

Same issue, I have a WS-55613 that just started doing the same excat thing (flashing green lights of death). Larry can you please send me the DM repair module with pics to [email protected]

Thanks in advance!!!

lisa6
Larry,

Larry,

This is the second time we have had the same problem, the first time, we were able to get it repaired under warranty, this has expired now. Of course this happens right at Christmas when we got the kids a game system for Christmas..I called Mitsubishi and they don't even have a record of us (even though they paid for the last repair). I can't believe Mitsubishi hasn't had to do more since this is such a huge problem for a lot of people. Please help us save Christmas. Picture our kids opening their gift and not being able to use it..lol. PS Is there anything we can do to prevent this in the future? Thanks for your time.

Lisa
[email protected]

Marty M
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I'm having the same problem with my 65613. Could you please send the fix instructions. Many thanks for your time.

Marty
[email protected]

yachtman
Please send instructions for

Please send instructions for repair of DM module for Mitsubishi TV

Razor48
Larry:

Larry:

I've got the same blinking problem with my WS55909.  I feel comfortable doing the cap replacement, but I need help identifying the DM module. Any visual cues you can provide.

lebite
Hi Larry, I have the same

Hi Larry, I have the same problem with my WS 55513. Green light has been blinking for weeks. Please e-mail the fix to [email protected]

Thanks

posmanti
Larry -

Larry -

Have you considered charging for this awesome service you're providing?

In any event, I too have the endless green light on a Mits 55613. Would you please e-mail the instructions to me at posmanti AT yahoo.com? (Folks - Not a good idea to actually type the XXX@XXX unless you want to guarantee to increase your spam.)

Thanks!

Eric

Razor48
My ws55909 came back to life

My ws55909 came back to life after a cap change.

Thanks to all...now back to football

Wes

Wondering
Larry Dillon said: Yes it

Larry Dillon said: Yes it most likely is the capacitors but they should be replaced at the very first sign of a problem, such as wiggly lines, the set gets unplugged and light blinks for a short time and comes back on. Sure tale sign that the capacitors are going bad. I have repaired at least 300 of these sets and more on-line.

Hey Larry, I have changed the caps on my WS-65909 with 25v 1000uf ones and the set stopped blinking one time then when i unplugged it to put it back in place, blinky is back on and won't stop, any other suggestions. This model has seven caps on the DM board and i replaced them all. please send any suggestions to [email protected]    Thanks

Pages

Connect With Techlore