mitsubishi ws-55613 repair

167 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
ON their way pauldoeden. Good

ON their way pauldoeden. Good luck with the repair.

THECOWELL
We too now have the blinking

We too now have the blinking green light.
 We own a Mitsubishi 1080i 55 inch TV, model number WS-55613.
I loose the piture, goes black but the tv power is still on.
 I can review the tv menu.
THE SCREEN THEN GETS A LOT OF COLOR LINES IN IT.
I SHUT IT OFF WAIT 1 MIN
COMES BACK ON FINE SOMETIMES FOR A FEW HOURS
OTHER TIMES EVERY 5,10 MIN.
HELP  Please Help

Now it is just blinking, Please send me the service manual.

[email protected]

Greatly appreciate it.

Mary

Larry Dillon
On it's way Mary. Good Luck

On it's way Mary. Good Luck with the repair.

erika1978
fishergi said: Larry, Please

fishergi said: Larry, Please help Mitubishi WS 65909 Blinking and wont turn on would you send me the information on how to repair. Thank a lot  [email protected]

Hello Larry! I also have the blinking light issue with my mitsubishi ws 65909 . If you wouldn't mind forwarding the info to me, I sure would appreciate it. Thank you so much in advance.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Yes mike I will be sending

Yes mike I will be sending those out to you shortly. Good Luck with the repair.

Rei
Hi Larry, I have the blink of

Hi Larry, I have the blink of death. My TV is a Ws 55513. I read earlier that you can solder the caps if that is the problem. I would greattly appreciate all assistance. [email protected]

v/r

Antwaun

conheo47
Hi Larry, I have the

Hi Larry, I have the Mitsubishi WS-65813 with the non-stop blinking problem after the reset. Please send me a copy of the instruction to fix the problem. It looks like it's a common problem and I really appreciate your help.

Thanks...

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
On their way man. Good Luck

On their way man. Good Luck with the repair.

w55613
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Please help!

My W55613 starting blinking at me!!

Thanx in advance. . .

My email: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
On it's way to you man. Good

On it's way to you man. Good Luck with the repair.

ptroutt
i have the same problem... 

i have the same problem...  model is ws-55613.   Please also send me repair info.

THanks..   [email protected] 

dimples
Hi, Larry,

Hi, Larry,
I soldered 4 1000mfd 25v caps (they fit, but just barely) on the WS 55513 DM board. Everything looks fine but the light just keeps on blinking. Any other ideas? Sure would like some help with this frustrating problem. Thanks a lot!

Also, would you please email the repair manual to [email protected]

Larry Dillon
are you sure you seated the

are you sure you seated the DM back into the board properly? Sometimes you need to install the DM into the connectors without the case on it, then after your sure, install the case.

dimples
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
are you sure you seated the DM back into the board properly? Sometimes you need to install the DM into the connectors without the case on it, then after your sure, install the case.

Larry, Thank you for your reply!

Thanks for your help

dimples
OK - I reseated the board w/o

OK - I reseated the board w/o the cage and made sure all connectors were in firmly. Still got only a blinking green light, even after waiting a long period. Any other suggestions? Do I need a whole new DM board? and if so, do you know where I can get one?

DouglasL
Larry,

Larry,

I have perused your docs online and looked through alot of posts relating to the 55613 and it seems you are the keeper of a well regarded the DM removal instructions and service manual for a Mitsubishi 55613. I too am having the steady blinking green light problem, 3rd time actually though this this time its gone on for days. Previously the front panel button swipe cleared up the issue, and the time before that a few hours of steady blinking it cleared itself. Tried the usual reset button, cold start after 24 hours, multiple power on/offs - no joy at all.

I have removed the rear cover, the two small screws just below the DA port, and a small screw that holds a black plastic guide on the top. There are two screws on either side of the DM board behind the RF shield that appear to be attached to the DM case and are threaded into the main board but my gut feeling is they dont need to come out to remove the DM.

In any case I picked up 4 1000 microfarad caps at Radio Shack but as they are rated for 35V at 85C the general consensus is that the heat rating is not high enough so they will be going back. Does the DM really get that hot that a cap rated for 185F wont handle the load? Ive worked on alot of electronic gear in the service and unless it had tubes in it most of my comm gear never ran anywhere near that warm. My usual feeling is replace with what the engineers spec'd but in this case the only real drawback I have heard is the 35V are a snugger fit inside the case but not impossible to use.

Im comfortable with soldering and have a 100Mhz scope so if there are some test points that would tell me its the DM without having to disassemble the case I would just as soon as go that route.

Either way though please send any docs you have on the 55613 (Jan 2004 MFR date) to
[email protected]

Thanks

Brian

ryan1098
Hiya Larry,

Hiya Larry,

Seems you are the man to talk to. I am having the same blinking light issue on a WS-55613. Was wondering if you could e-mail the instructions on how to fix it. [email protected]

Thank you,

Ryan

fishbone
i have the same blinking

i have the same blinking green light with no power issue. please help! please send repair documents to [email protected]. thanks

bryan horten
i just bought this tv from a

i just bought this tv from a buddy a week ago and i get the green light of death. what a killjoy... i get the blinking green light with no picture. can you please send me all the repair info along with the procedure for removing the DM module to [email protected] thanks!!

WS-55613 blinki...
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Can I also get your information for fixing the blinky light problem. I have WS-55613 and am cannot turn on, boot, reset the TV. Only get the forever green blinky.

Please email info to [email protected]

Thanks!

WS-55613 blinki...
Just an update...
Just an update...
I removed the DM yesterday and found the capacitors were indeed swollen.  I haven't soldered in 20 years so I thought I would check the local electronics repair shop to see if he would do the work for me.  He wanted $100 for the job, or I could purchase the special low profile Mits caps from him for $12 a piece if I wanted to do it myself.  I told him they were $1.50 at Radio Shack and he said after he paid for shipping ordering from Mits costs him around $7-8 each.
No thanks. 
I figure I can give one of the hardware engineers at my office a case of beer to do it for me if I dont want to take it on myself.  Looking for the right sized capacitors now. Radio Shack only had 35V and they looked little large for getting the DM board back in the cage.
Any suggestions on where to order the right capacitors is welcomed.
violet019
Larry Dillon said: Yes it

Larry Dillon said: Yes it most likely is the capacitors but they should be replaced at the very first sign of a problem, such as wiggly lines, the set gets unplugged and light blinks for a short time and comes back on. Sure tale sign that the capacitors are going bad. I have repaired at least 300 of these sets and more on-line.

Hi Larry,  Can you please send me the repair info for a Mitsubishi WS-65513 ([email protected]).  It sounds like this is the solution to my problem as well.  Thanks in advance.

moocher
Larry, could you send me the

Larry, could you send me the info. and detailed instructions on how to remove the 4 DM modules I too have the blinking green light of death!!

gjf
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have the WS55613. 4 years old. I have intermittent, but getting more frequent, wavy horizontal lines across the whole tv. Is this a sign of bad capcitors or something with horizontal stabilization? Can you send the svc manual and parts list?

Larry Dillon
this sonds like it could be

this sonds like it could be capacitors and or the convergene IC's, where am I suppose to send te e-mail or directions tooIneed an e-mail address man

rich7257
Larry,

Larry,
Can y9u also send me the info to fix the blinking greenlight? I have a WS-65813.
[email protected]

gjf
Larry Dillon said: this sonds

Larry Dillon said: this sonds like it could be capacitors and or the convergene IC's, where am I suppose to send te e-mail or directions tooIneed an e-mail address man

you can send to me

justrox
hey Larry, could you send me

hey Larry, could you send me the docs to repair my tv as well? i have the WS-6515. thanks!

justrox
sorry, duh. justrox420@gmail

sorry, duh. [email protected]. thanks.

vettgary
this is vettgary a new member

this is vettgary a new member I've do'nt know whitch way to go to receive the instructions on DM module will it come on my email [email protected]? please email me on how to receive.

Pages

Connect With Techlore