mitsubishi ws-55613 repair

167 posts / 0 new
Last post
Miller2
Larry,

Larry,

I have a Mitsu WS-55613 and last night the tv shut itself off and now will not turn back on. I have hit the reset button and that does nothing.

Looks like I have the same problem as everyone else here. The set is now 6 yrs old and I'd like to fix it if I can, assuming it is worth it. Can you send me the instructions to perform the fix as stated in this thread?

Rdavis
Larry,

Larry,

Could you please send me the repair instructions for fixing the blinking green light, and also for the horizontal lines?

Thank you

[email protected]

jjernigan
larry could you get me the

larry could you get me the repair instructions for the dm module my email is [email protected] thanks in advance

old man 73
Larry Dillon said: i will

Larry Dillon said: i will send you the information to help you. Good luck!

Larry,

After today's windstorm here in MD, we had a power outage, and now I have the blinking green light condition on my WS-65909. Can you send me the instructions for what I need to do to fix this? Thanks in advance.

<Frank>

Larry Dillon
Frank,The best advice I can

Frank,The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, click here please:
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon,

old man 73
Thank you, Larry. I ordered

Thank you, Larry. I ordered the kit this evening. I hope the soldering isn't too difficult, I've never been very good at that. I appreciate the help.

Larry Dillon
if you run into any issues

if you run into any issues you can go to tvrepairkits.com/helpdesk and open a repair/trouble ticket
Larry

Smosher
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Can you send me instruction on how to remove the DM module for WS-65813? I have the regular manual with picture but it doesnt tell you where you are suppose to unplug the cable wires tie to front panel, speakers etc BEFORE you can remove the DM Module- you have to remove the chassis first and it is confusing. Do you have any photos which can show me step by step to do this whole process including replacing caps etc?

My email is [email protected] - I would so appreciate this, Im a girl and very determined to do this myself!!

scullyag
Larry--Do you still have the

Larry--Do you still have the instructions for removing DM Module in Mitsubishi WS-55613? I've gotten to a certain point based on other forums but can't unseat the module. Thanks in advance....send to [email protected]

scullyag
Larry--

Larry--
Do you still have instructions for removing DM Module for Mitsubishi WS-55613? I am stuck based on other forums. Thanks in advance. Please email to [email protected]

old man 73
Larry Dillon said: Frank,The

Larry Dillon said: Frank,The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, click here please: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!! Larry Dillon,

I followed your advice. The short story is that I installed the 7 capacitors from the kit in my Mitsubishi WS-65909 and the TV worked perfectly. I did not install the two replacement fuses. The complication was in finding the digital module because none of the pictures or diagrams described what I had inside my TV. The two obards that looked like the drawings weren't it, but the big module on the left side (box with the digital audio and firewire jacks) was. The other complication was the "fear" engendered from my friends who thought I'd be electrocuted for going inside the set; and my own uncertainty in my abilities to solder. I followed the instructions exactly: bought sodering iron, desoldering iron, narrow guage solder, practice board and chip etc., and tried my hand at soldering and desoldering on the practice board until I was confident. It turned out to be easier than I expected. One other missing instruction was the snipping of the excess leads from the capacitors after soldering in the new capacitiors; but I figured that one out myself. All in all, I want to say THANKS LARRY for the advice. I have my big screen back working for not a lot of money, and the satisfaction of having fixed it myself. 

trojanlabor
Larry I have a Mitsubishi

Larry I have a Mitsubishi 55613, which had the blinking light of death, I replaced the 4 caps and I am now able to turn set on but I get only a blue screen on any source with no sound. I can display menus and functions, and channel will display and allow changing, in setup of antenna it will not find any channels over air or cable. All sources will display the source text in the upper left hand corner, VGA will also display the enable screen saver message at bottom of screen, all of these display correctly, but only a blue screen with no sound. The error code display is 12 so there is no help there. I have checked the boards for bad caps swollen or leaking and there was one cap on the middle board that was swollen and I replaced it (I believe it is C9a30) . It was located center left looking from the back off set. I have checked all of the fuses and they are ok. Any tech tip on where to look for problem?
Thanks for any help
Robert

Joe55438
I replaced the caps in

I replaced the caps in September, 2008. There was no wavy picture as a warning. Only the blinking light.

Only in recent weeks, I have a wavy picture when turning the set on. The waves stop after a short period of time but the time period appears to be getting longer, day by day. This is the same cap problem as the blinking green light?

Larry Dillon
Where did you get the

Where did you get the capacitors from also are they the high temp type of capacitors?
Larry D.

trojanlabor
I got them from a local

I got them from a local electronics supplier they are 105c 35volt caps

dgarnett
Larry,

Larry,
Our WS-55613 Mitsubishi TV turns off constantly. The repair guy came out and now it turns off as soon as you turn it on. he wants $350 to $450 to repair it.

Is this the DM board? Do we need an entirely new board, or can I replace the capacitors?

Thanks

David Garnett

Pages

Connect With Techlore