The dreaded blinking green light on my Mitsubishi WS-55513

166 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kim M
The dreaded blinking green light on my Mitsubishi WS-55513

I woke up this Christmas eve morning, went downstairs to turn on my Mitsubishi WS-55513 TV, and got no response from the set - just a blinking green power light.  I have unplugged the set and plugged it back in, and used the reset button.  Still, I get the continuous green flashing light. 

Larry, can you help?  I'd love to repair this myself instead of shelling out big bucks to fix this.  I've seen where you've sent others the info/detailed instructions needed to repace some capacitors?  Could you send me instructions for my set?

I would really be grateful.

Kim M
Oh, I forgot to include my e

Oh, I forgot to include my e-mail address: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Yes, thats a good thing you

Yes, thats a good thing you included that man. I will send out the directions and if you hurry and get to an electronics store that sells parts, perhaps you can fix in time for Santa to watch. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

marilynclaire
Larry Dillon said: Yes,

Larry Dillon said: Yes, thats a good thing you included that man. I will send out the directions and if you hurry and get to an electronics store that sells parts, perhaps you can fix in time for Santa to watch. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

Hi Larry - I also have a tv that will not turn on, maybe you can advise.  It's an Insignia, Best Buy, IS-TVHD30.  I guess it's a crt (not lcd).  Turned itself off and will not turn on, power button flashing green, have tried unplugging, no help.  Anyway you can tell me what repair would entail?  BB said to bring it in, I will have to pay for shipping to Insgnia.  Paid $500 two yrs ago.  Thanks, M

The TechLore Team
Larry Dillon said: Yes, thats

Larry Dillon said: Yes, thats a good thing you included that man. I will send out the directions and if you hurry and get to an electronics store that sells parts, perhaps you can fix in time for Santa to watch. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

Larry,

I too have the same exact problem. Woke up this morning, went down to the basement to watch my ms-5513 it did not come on. Just a blinking green power light. Can you please forward me the fix for this problem.

Thanks,

TennisPro

Larry Dillon
marilynclaire, I am sorry, I

marilynclaire, I am sorry, I do not have a clue what your problem could be. I have not worked on these types of TV sets before. I would , if i were you, check out what your buying in the future and not purchase any off brands.

Larry Dillon
tennispro to where? I think

tennispro to where? I think you forgot something.

marilynclaire
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said: marilynclaire, I am sorry, I do not have a clue what your problem could be. I have not worked on these types of TV sets before. I would , if i were you, check out what your buying in the future and not purchase any off brands.

Thanks for you reply Dillon - advise well taken.  M

rconway68
Hi everyone! I too am now

Hi everyone! I too am now suffering the blinking green light.... could some one please send me the repair instructions to [email protected] ? thanks!

rconway68
Larry Dillon said: tennispro

Larry Dillon said: tennispro to where? I think you forgot something.

Hi larry! me too please! [email protected]

I have the blinking light issue on my ws-55513

thanks!

coughdrop
Larry,

Larry,
I would like to see your WS-55513 advice.
Thanks...Coughdrop ([email protected])

944S
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

on it's way rconway68, Good Luck!

Larry,

Could I get those instructions for the Mits WS-55513 also? Thanks 944S.

944S
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

Where can I send them to 944s?

[email protected]

Thanks. Much Appreciated.

944S
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

On it's way to you. Good luck

Larry - I have not received yet. Did you send? Checked SPAM and nothing.

Thanks 944S

Larry Dillon
Of course I sent them out to

Of course I sent them out to you. I will try again.

BenoFla
Hello everyone, im new to the

Hello everyone, im new to the forums. Thanks for reading if you do infact read my problem. I just recently moved to a new place and the tv took 30 mins to turn on when i first plugged it in. Now I went to work 2 days ago and apparently the power cut off off at my house and now it just blinks constantly. Ive tried the reset and tried letting the set sit for over 12 hours. Still nothing but blinking lights. Now is there anyway you can send me detailed instructions about how to fix this problem or even diag. this problem?
I guess it would be larry that would help me? I am also willing to send someone some money if it in fact helps me fix my problem. I need my TV!!! Thanks everyone!

Email address is [email protected]

sdkamer
Hey everybody! I'm new as

Hey everybody! I'm new as well but am having this exact same problem. Is there anyway I can get the directions for the fix on a WS-55513 sent to my email as well? It would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks in advance!

Email Address: [email protected]

Curious Explorer
I have the same blinking

I have the same blinking green light problem with my WS-55513. May I have the fix instructions sent to my email too. Thanks.
[email protected]

Candice in Ohio
Larry,

Larry,

I too have the green blinking light issue with the WS 55513 tv. Why does it do that for, if you know?? If it can be fixed, please forward to [email protected].

Thanks......it's driving us NUTS!!!

Barry 24
Larry.

Larry.

We also have fallen victim to the dreaded blinking light and would very much appreciate your suggestions for fixing it. Model WS-55859.

Reply to [email protected]

Rob OD
Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

Same problem blinking light. Anyone please send me the fix.

Thank you,
Rob

Rob OD
Larry Dillon said: on it's

Larry Dillon said: on it's way rconway68, Good Luck!

Larry me too!! [email protected]

Candice in Ohio
I wrote in to figure out the

I wrote in to figure out the problem and got tired of waiting for a reply. Therefore I went to the Mitsubishi website and downloaded the owner's manual and fixed the problem myself. The green blinking light means your TV is set on lower power to conserve energy. Just go into your menu and reset the power standard. TA-DAH!!!!!! Blinking light magically disappeared.

Rob OD
Thank you Candice, but my

Thank you Candice, but my problem is larger than that. I can not turn on my TV, I only get the blinking light. I have reset system, unpluged several times, waited for days. Still blinking light and no power "on". No buttons respond even if blinking light goes out. Does anyone have further recomendations??

Charlesha
Larry, we had a power failure

Larry, we had a power failure this morning and when the power came back on my Mitsubishi has the same blinking green light and nothing seems to make it stop or allow the TV to come on. Please send the informaition you have forwarded to other TV sufferers! Thank you in advance [email protected].

Charles

Larry Dillon
rob I need an e-mail to send

rob I need an e-mail to send you any info on this repair info.

Rob OD
Larry Dillon said: rob I need

Larry Dillon said: rob I need an e-mail to send you any info on this repair info.

Sorry Larry- [email protected].  Thank you very much!!

holdmeback
Hi Larry-

Hi Larry-

I know you have emailed these instructions a hundred times, but 1 more time would be appreciated. You would think Mitsu would start doing a recall on this problem. [email protected]. Thanks for your help!!!

ZBTCobra
Larry:

Larry:

Looks like you are the one who knows the mystery is solving the blinking light issue of Mistu 55513. Would you mind emailing me the fix at [email protected].

Much appreciated!

GP

PS - Anyone knows what causes this issue?

Jackiebleau
The Flashing Green Light of

The Flashing Green Light of Death!!!! Shouldn't Mits offer a fix? In the meantime could someone please send me the instructions. I read on another site that it is the DM Module and costs $600 big ones to fix.

Larry Dillon
what model number is the set?

what model number is the set? and where do you want it sent too?

Pages

Connect With Techlore