Mitsubishi ws-55813 Green Light blinking...

557 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rafa
Mitsubishi ws-55813 Green Light blinking...

I was reading most of the Mitsubishi TV sets with Green Light Blinking, and they refer to having issues with the DM Module.

My question goes to Larry Dillon, Does the ws-55813 could have the same problem I been reading about on the other posts? Is the repair manual with wiring schematics for this unit available?

smrodz
I have the Mitsubishi WS

I have the Mitsubishi WS-55813 and I have the exact same problem.  I went to turn my tv on and the only thing that goes on is the green blinking light.  If you have the directions to fix this PLEASE send to me at [email protected]  i would appreciate it greatly.....I'm missing my football games! : (

Lainlow811
I have to sound like a broken

I have to sound like a broken record, but I also have the same blinking light problem.  I would also be interested in the Fix.  Please email at [email protected].

After I fix this problem, will a good surge protector prevent this from happening again?

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Fernando Buisan
smrodz said: I have the

smrodz said: I have the Mitsubishi WS-55813 and I have the exact same problem.  I went to turn my tv on and the only thing that goes on is the green blinking light.  If you have the directions to fix this PLEASE send to me at [email protected]  i would appreciate it greatly.....I'm missing my football games! : (

I fixed my set with Larry Dillon help... and I even install a Fan/Cooler. It works great.

Larry should be getting back to you (... it takes him a while to go thru all the emails). His KNOWLEDGE and the INFO he shares is worth a TON.

Good luck.

Fernando Buisan
Lainlow811 said: I have to

Lainlow811 said: I have to sound like a broken record, but I also have the same blinking light problem.  I would also be interested in the Fix.  Please email at [email protected]. After I fix this problem, will a good surge protector prevent this from happening again? Thanks for any help in this matter.

I fixed my set with Larry Dillon help... and I even install a Fan/Cooler. It works great.

Larry should be getting back to you (... it takes him a while to go thru all the emails). His KNOWLEDGE and the INFO he shares is worth a TON.

Good luck.

Larry Dillon
Thanks Rafa for those kind

Thanks Rafa for those kind words. I must have missed this thread somehow? I will be sending the info Lainlow and smrodz asked for. Good Luck with the repair.

eye1987
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I am also having the same green blinking light problem as everybody else with my WS-55813. I know you're busy and appreciate if you could send me an instuction manual to fix this. Thank you. 

d[email protected]

Larry Dillon
dana, I will be sending out

dana, I will be sending out the info to you shortly this afternoon. Good Luck

fastbillyfast
Larry, I have a Mitsubishi WS

Larry, I have a Mitsubishi WS-65711.  The set will not come on anymore.  The green power light comes on for 4 seconds then goes out with no picture ever showing up.  Is this the same problem as the flashing green light? If so can you send me the repair info and service manual, if not can you give some idea of what it is and how to fix it? 

Thank you.

Email address is  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Sorry, if the light goes out,

Sorry, if the light goes out, that means the DM is communicating with the Microprocessor. You have another issue. I'm afraid.  How far are your abilities to use a meter and a schematic diagram to trouble shoot the circuit flow?

fastbillyfast
Larry, thanks for getting

Larry, thanks for getting back with me.  I can follow a schematic and have a meter.  What is your recommendation?

Larry Dillon
OK, on this set the

OK, on this set the convergence amp can cause this symptom. In the main power supply, check fuses F9A04 and F9A05. If any one or both of these are not showing a short across them, and yes they can be tested in circuit, REPLACE the convergence amp IC, IC8C01. That is STK393-110. You can get a good one from http://www.electronic-repair-kits.com/index.html. If the Two fuses I mentioned are good, check F9A02 and F9A03. Double check the standby voltages in the power supply. They are the 6,12, and the 32 volt supplies. I am sending you the factory service  manual so you can see the circuits. Good luck.

fastbillyfast
Larry, thank you for you help

Larry, thank you for you help.  I have found that the fuse F9A04 has no continuity, F9A05, F9A02, & FA903 show good, therefore it should be replaced, correct?  If this fuse is out could there be something else wrong that caused the fuse to blow?  Can you replace this fuse from the top side or do I need to remove the chassis & DM module and solder from the bottom?  

Larry Dillon
Like I said before, if that

Like I said before, if that fuse is bad, DO NOT REPLACE IT!!! You will cause more damage to the power supply. Replace the convergence IC first before you replace the fuse. Take my word about this. A fuse in these sets does not blow for no reason. you can solder very carefully across the top of the bad fuse. It is messy work, as it is always better to replace the fuse the correct way. Please re-read the last post.

fastbillyfast
Larry, thanks for the heads

Larry, thanks for the heads up.  Sorry I misunderstood "short" as being bad or having no continuity.  I will replace both the fuse and IC.  I am sure that will fix my problems.  Thank you very much all your help.

Tim T
Larry,

Larry,

All this talk about blinking green lights must have rubbed off. My WS55813 is in the "Blinking Green Light" mode. Please forward your repair instructions to me. Hammer and metric pliers standing by.

Thank you,

Tim T

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Tim, the docs and factory

Tim, the docs and factory service manual are on there way! God Luck with the repair.

BFlynnfam
Larry,

Larry,

I  have a ws-55813 and turned on my set yesterday and have the same blinking green light problem.  I have unplugged it over night and have tried the reset button to no avail.  I found this sight on the net and am interested in trying out the repair myself (with the help of an electrical engineer buddy).  If you are willing to share the instructions on how to fix this problem I would greatly appreciate it.  My e-mail address is [email protected].  By the way, how would rate this kind of repair on the difficulty scale?  I am patient and willing to follow instructions.  Thanks in advance for any help you or anyone else is willing to share.

BFlynn in Vacaville, CA

Larry Dillon
BFlynn in CA, I have sent out

BFlynn in CA, I have sent out the documents you requested along with the factory service manual. Gopod Luck with the repair.

ejb1155
Larry Dillon said: Thanks

Larry Dillon said: Thanks Rafa for those kind words. I must have missed this thread somehow? I will be sending the info Lainlow and smrodz asked for. Good Luck with the repair.

I have the Mitsubishi WS-55813 and I have the same problems as others.  I went to turn my tv on and noticed the green blinking light.  Larry, if you have the directions to fix this PLEASE send to me at [email protected]. THANKS!

groovyfingers
Whaddayaknow?  I too, have a

Whaddayaknow?  I too, have a blinking green light on a WS-55813.  Can you include me for receiving that information as well?  My thanks in advance,

Groovyfingers

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Sure groovyfingers, Good Luck

Sure groovyfingers, Good Luck with the repair

Mjr1234
Larry, I have a Mitsubishi CS

Larry, I have a Mitsubishi CS-40509.  It also has the problem where the set will not come on anymore.  The green power light comes on for about 3 seconds then goes out with no picture ever showing up.  Would this be a similat problem to the Mitsubishi WS-65711 above.  If so could you send me the repair info and service manual.  Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this issue.

Mjr1234

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Nope, sorry, different set

Nope, sorry, different set totally, and totally different problem. Your TV set is a tube type picture tube. Those other set with the green light flashing are projection TV set. Thats an older set also. Probably have a bad power supply or sweep power supply. Most likely bad capacitors. Good Luck

twells
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I too am having the same problem with my WS-55813. Blinking light, and no response with the power button. May I request the same files to fix my TV?

Thanks SO much!

powerman
Hi Larry ,

Hi Larry ,

There seems to be a green light crisis. Could you please help me with mine? My Mitsubishi WS-55813 will not turn on, could you please send me a diagram of which capacitors need replaced.

Thank you.

demartell
Hi larry,

Hi larry,

I am also having the green light problem on a WS-55813. When I try to power up my TV the green light flashes for several minutes (~8-10 mins) then it stops blinking. I try to power up the TV again and the same thing repeats. I keep trying and I finally hear what sounds like a clicking noise and it finally powers up and I see the image. 

Do you think this is the same issue the other members are experiencing. If so, could you be kind enough to send me your magical info on how to fix it? Please email to [email protected].

Thanks in advance!

Larry Dillon
gp3 and demartell, I will be

gp3 and demartell, I will be sending out those documents later this morning to you. Good Luck. Powerman, you did not leave an e-mail address man. Where do I send them to?

powerman
Hello there Larry, my email

Hello there Larry, my email is [email protected] for those documents on repairing the ws-55813, sorry about not leaving my email and thanks for your time.

muhammad01
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with my tv. Its a 55813 mitsubishi. The power light keeps blinking,and the televison is not responding PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

ctogti
Larry I have the same issue I

Larry I have the same issue I came home tonight and went to turn on the TV green blinking light and can not get the tv to come on same model ws-55813. Its four years old this month any help would be great. I have the service manual for the set just need to know where and what to replace.

Thanks  email is [email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore