Mitsubishi WS-65613

108 posts / 0 new
Last post
Samson4770
Mitsubishi WS-65613

Stop me if you've heard this one. Unstoppable blinking green light, tried everything I know, frustrated beyond belief? I've read a lot of postings here and I believe that I do have a prob with my Dm board. If available, could you help me out with some do-it-yourself instructions w/ pics? Any help would be greatly appreciated though. My e-mail is [email protected]. Thanks.

Sam

Larry Dillon
The service manual as well as

The service manual as well as the documents to repair the DM board are on their way. Just remember to be careful with the printed circuit board in this TV set. If you do not know how to solder, take the board to someone who does, as I have seen loads of boards that could have been repaired, but because of poor solder skills, the boards were trashed. Good Luck with this repair and let us know how you make out with this repair.

Samson4770
Larry Dillon said: The

Larry Dillon said: The service manual as well as the documents to repair the DM board are on their way. Just remember to be careful with the printed circuit board in this TV set. If you do not know how to solder, take the board to someone who does, as I have seen loads of boards that could have been repaired, but because of poor solder skills, the boards were trashed. Good Luck with this repair and let us know how you make out with this repair.

Mr. Dillon, got the desired results, sir! Thanks from the bottom of my pocketbook. I took your advice and had a family friend/electrician perform the soldering duties as I had never held a soldering iron before and my Dad and I took care of the rest. Tv works great again! I'll be forwarding as much $ as I can spare for your incurred costs. Thanks again for helping me get an HDTV and not a seven thousand dollar paperweight:) Have a great day.

Samson

Larry Dillon
Glad to hear you repaired

Glad to hear you repaired your TV set. Don't forget to take off the front screen and clean the mirrors and the lens

jagxprt
Larry:

Larry:

I need help as well with the instructions as to how to attempt repair on my DM Module, by replacing the caps.

I just found this website today, and my big screen TV is dead in the water until I find the solution...

You seem to have the only legitimate answer to this blinking green light problem!

Please advise:

David R -  [email protected] 

Larry Dillon
David, I sent you that ifo on

David, I sent you that ifo on another thread man. Good Luck

s_chev
Hello Larry,  I just joined

Hello Larry,  I just joined this group after doing a search for this same issue.  Is there a way you can send me the info also.  I'm trying to help my non-tech neighbor fix his Mitsu WS-6561 which has the blinking green power light issue.  It still works from time to time, but appears to be not working more than it does.   I have fixed other big screens in the past and would love to have your solution to help him out.  Let me know if you can send it to me.

Thanks,

~Steve 

Larry Dillon
Steve, to where would you

Steve, to where would you like me send the manual as well as the repair documents? E-mail address please.

s_chev
Most excellent Larry.  Thanks

Most excellent Larry.  Thanks for your help.  Please email them to me at

[email protected]

~Steve 

Larry Dillon
On their way Steve, Good Luck

On their way Steve, Good Luck with the repair.

destructo
Larry I also need the fix for

Larry I also need the fix for a WS-65613 mitsi tv. I thought maybe the tube went out, but after finding this site I think differently. Could you please send me your fix it pack too. I would appreciate it a lot.

[email protected] 

Larry Dillon
Chris, they are on their way.

Chris, they are on their way. Good Luck with the repair.

s_chev
Thanks for sending me the

Thanks for sending me the well laid out procedure Larry.  I changed the caps and unfortunately it still doesn't work.  I don't have the blinking LED anymore, but it appears to try to come on, and then clicks off.  After I quit traveling so much, I'm going to get into it again and check the fuses you mention.  I'll update this post if that fixes it.  One note, I did find some small 120V AC fans at my local radio shack that doesn't require the AC/DC converter but I haven't wired it yet.  I'm thinking of tying right into where the AC from the wall connects to the main power board.  Do you think the fan will cause any interference since it's AC and not DC?

Thanks again. Smile

~Steve 

Larry Dillon
No it should not cause any

No it should not cause any problems. First thing you should check is the F9A04 and F9A05 fuse in the main power supply. DO NOT replace them if one or more are bad. You will for sure cause more damage to the power supply. The fact that the green light goes off means that the DM  is communicating now with the microprocessor. If those fuse are bad, change the convergence IC's then replace the fuses. I have seen this happen several times also. The convergence IC's go bad, makes the set go bad, you reset the set and the weak capacitors that were on the edge of going bad, finally do, therefore causing the green blinking light. Good Luck

JAYDOG
Larry,

Larry,

I am a new member. I have a 65 inch mitsubishi big screen. I have the infamous green blinking LED light. I pulled the DM board & put in the 4  new compasitors. I reinstalled it & guess what, same problem. I am frustaited to no end. Can you please help!!!!! I really don't know where to go from here.

Thanks in advance,

Jason.

Larry Dillon
Double check your work Jason,

Double check your work Jason, Did you get the right capacitors? Did you install them all correctly? You will need to now go back into the DM and check the small surface mounted fuses on the solder side of the Printed circuit board. The repair documentation tells you this. Also, in the main power supply, there could be one or two small fuses open also. These would be labeled F9A02 and F9A03 on the printed circuit board.

InTheWater
I'm in the same boat with the

I'm in the same boat with the blinking light on my neighbor's 65613 and could really use your help. I tried the button routine, etc. Thanks in advance for all your help and have a safe Holiday season.

John

My email is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
InTheWater, I will send out

InTheWater, I will send out the info to you a little later on this evening. Good Luck with this repair.

Larry Dillon
Steve, if you find the F9A04

Steve, if you find the F9A04 or F9A05 fuses bad, replace the convergence IC(s) Before you replace the fuses. If you do not do this IC replacement first, you may seriously damage the power supply. Also, double check the Capacitors in the power supply and see if any of those are swollen on the tops. Merry Christmas and good luck. Make triple sure the module is seated properly into the main board also. It may look like it is but more then half of the folks who repaired their TV sets have found out the cap replacement did not work was because the module look like it was seated into the main board BUT was not! Check all your work also and make sure you did not install any of the capacitors in the wrong way. These capacitors are polarized you know. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
Jason, one more thing man, If

Jason, one more thing man, If this is the WSxxx13 type of set or the WD-xxx25, make sure, No double make sure that the DM is seated into the main board correctly. I have had more then half of the folks here tell me the capacitors did not fix the problem but it has turned out that the set was repaired. It was only because the board looked like it was seated correctly, but it was not! Triple check that.

Archie
I have the continuous

I have the continuous blinking green light on WS-65613.  This used to do it for a few minutes.  Mitsubishi sent us a memory card with firmware that was supposed to fix the problem.  Now it's worse and no longer under warranty.  Is this a progressive problem that they should have fixed?  What are potential causes --power surges?

Also, most people seem to think it is the capacitors. Is it really hard for an amateur to do this? What do I need? Is there a lot to put back together that I need to be careful off.

Brad

Larry Dillon
Drake, this repair is not

Drake, this repair is not hard to do on this model. If you do not know how to solder, do you know someone who does? This document has pictures and shows you the steps that need to be taken. I will need your e-mail address if you wish to try this yourself and save big time bucks!

s_chev
Success!  Thanks again for

Success!  Thanks again for your help Larry.  I followed your suggestion about reseating the module again and this time it came on just fine.  It's fixed and my friend thinks I'm a hero.  You rock Larry.  .

Peace,

~Steve 

Larry Dillon
Congrats on your success.

Congrats on your success. Glad to hear you repaired your set. Happy New Year.

Rick527
Larry, I have this same

Larry, I have this same blinking problem on my WS-65613, could you please send me the repair info. Thank-You in advance.      [email protected]       

Rick527
Just checking to see if you

Just checking to see if you got my request for the repair docs. I was hoping to fix this this weekend. Also is it ok to use 25V capacitors instead of the original 16V? I'm ready to tackle this with your  help Larry. Thanks [email protected] 

Larry Dillon
Yes the 25 volt caps will

Yes the 25 volt caps will work if they fit. Some different manufacturers of different 25 volt caps are a little taller and they do not fit into the case, but the caps can be bent over a little as long as they do not touch anything. I will send out the repair information to you in a short time. Good Luck with the repair.

PipeHitter
Hi Larry, just joined. My co

Hi Larry, just joined. My co-worker has the same issue and I'm trying to help a brother out. Would you be so kind as to mail me the info at [email protected] I really appreciate it!

Larry Dillon
Pipehitter, I will send out

Pipehitter, I will send out that info you need for your TV set very shortly. Good luck with the repair.

Rick527
Larry, your awesome. I am

Larry, your awesome. I am what you would definatley call an amateur, and I have very shaky hands. Somehow I still fixed my TV with your manual, $7 in caps, a new tip for my solder gun, and some .032 solder. Altogether less than $20. For now, I gotta get back to my 65 inch HDTV screen, which is no longer named, "The Winking Green Eyed Monster." Thanks.

A little side note, I must overstress the importance of making sure your DM board is completely snapped back in it's slot. If not you will get the moment when all hope fades away like I did the first time I tried mine. Re-installed the board and Presto!!! 

Larry Dillon
Great news man! Glad to hear

Great news man! Glad to hear you repaired your TV set. Feels good to save up to 1000 bucks does it not! Happy New Year.

Pages

Connect With Techlore