Mitsubishi WD-62525 Statis Light Codes

306 posts / 0 new
Last post
GeorgeS
Mitsubishi WD-62525 Statis Light Codes

I have a Mitsubishi WD-62525 that failed yesterday with the complete loss of screen display & sound.  Status Light blinks a code in an endless red light flashes in a series of one long then 3 short, then repeating that same series over & over.

I pressed the system reset botton & was able to restart to complete & normal function, however within 10 minuites it failed again with same status light series.

Can anyone provide me with this code info.

Larry Dillon
Thats an indication of a DM

Thats an indication of a DM board problem.  There may be four capacitors inside the DM board assembly that need replacement.  If you can solder and follow directions, I have a DM board fix for this TV set with pictures as well..  Just request the directions and leave an e-mail address, and I will send these directions to you.  If you are not handy and are not mehcanicly inclinded, do not attempt the repair yourself.  A repair person will most likely charge you 700 to 1000 bucks for a repair such as this.  Good Luck

joeyben21
Larry Dillon said: Thats an

Larry Dillon said: Thats an indication of a DM board problem.  There may be four capacitors inside the DM board assembly that need replacement.  If you can solder and follow directions, I have a DM board fix for this TV set with pictures as well..  Just request the directions and leave an e-mail address, and I will send these directions to you.  If you are not handy and are not mehcanicly inclinded, do not attempt the repair yourself.  A repair person will most likely charge you 700 to 1000 bucks for a repair such as this.  Good Luck

im having the same problem can somebody send me the pictures and directions on how to fix this dm indicator problem

Larry Dillon
What is the model number of

What is the model number of your TV set?  Also I need an e-mail address to send it.  Good Luck

joeyben21
email is joeyben21@comcast

email is [email protected] and the model # is wd-52725 the light that is flashing is the timer and the color is green

Larry Dillon
joeyben, I am sending you the

joeyben, I am sending you the service manual as well as the DM board repair, as this type of projection set is not the exact one that is being used in the DM board repair guide.  You can still use the directions in the guide to repair the DM board and to get the parts, but you will need to use the disassembly instructions on how to get to the DM board, and to take it out of your model of set.  If the capacitors are not bad, you have the service manual so you or someone who knows how to troubleshoot solid state circuits can go from there.  Good Luck with this repair, and let us know how you make out!

joeyben21
if its the capacitors all i

if its the capacitors all i need to do is soder new ones on right   i think i need 1000  16v right? qty 4???

Larry Dillon
Your welcome Joe.  yes change

Your welcome Joe.  yes change the capacitors, or if they are not swollen, have them checked as they could still be bad. 

JConlon
Larry Dillon said: joeyben, I

Larry Dillon said: joeyben, I am sending you the service manual as well as the DM board repair, as this type of projection set is not the exact one that is being used in the DM board repair guide.  You can still use the directions in the guide to repair the DM board and to get the parts, but you will need to use the disassembly instructions on how to get to the DM board, and to take it out of your model of set.  If the capacitors are not bad, you have the service manual so you or someone who knows how to troubleshoot solid state circuits can go from there.  Good Luck with this repair, and let us know how you make out!

Could I also get a copy of the instructions and service manual?  We are having the same problem with our 62525 model.

My email is [email protected]

Thanks!!

Larry Dillon
Jconton, I sent you the

Jconton, I sent you the information you should need to repair the TV set. Good Luck

JConlon
Larry Dillon said: Jconton, I

Larry Dillon said: Jconton, I sent you the information you should need to repair the TV set. Good Luck

Thanks!!  I received the service manual and the instructions.  I took the back panel off per the instructions in the service manual, but the inside of the 62525 looks a lot different than the model in the instructions you sent.  I haven't located the dm board yet but will keep reading and looking.  Let me know if you have any hints as to where it is in this model.

JConlon
Larry Dillon said: Jconton,

Larry Dillon said: Jconton, I sent you the information you should need to repair the TV set. Good Luck

Upon removing the electrical chassis, I have found that the dm board is the middle board of three boards mounted in this.  I was hoping that it could be removed easily, but it looks like the whole thing needs to be taken apart.  There are many cables connected, etc.  Here's hoping if I do get it all apart, I can get it back together correctly.

Larry Dillon
Thats why you have the manual

Thats why you have the manual for it, and any cable you remove mark it.

JConlon
Larry Dillon said: Thats why

Larry Dillon said: Thats why you have the manual for it, and any cable you remove mark it.

Unfortunately, the manual only shows you how to remove the whole electrical chassis as one unit.  It then shows you a diagram of the placement of the boards, but not how to remove an individual board.  As I found from reading other websites, there was A LOT involved.  I marked everything and took pictures as I took it apart, so it should go fine.  I'm used to taking computers apart - not tvs.  Anyway, now I just need to get the capacitors and I can give it a try.  I will let you know the outcome as soon as that happens. 

JConlon
JConlon said: Larry Dillon

JConlon said:

Larry Dillon said: Thats why you have the manual for it, and any cable you remove mark it.

Unfortunately, the manual only shows you how to remove the whole electrical chassis as one unit.  It then shows you a diagram of the placement of the boards, but not how to remove an individual board.  As I found from reading other websites, there was A LOT involved.  I marked everything and took pictures as I took it apart, so it should go fine.  I'm used to taking computers apart - not tvs.  Anyway, now I just need to get the capacitors and I can give it a try.  I will let you know the outcome as soon as that happens. 

Update:  Well, I changed out the capacitors (they didn't look swollen, but I figured it couldn't hurt).  I actually got everything back together and turned it on and unfortunately, I have the same problem.  It looks like I may have a bigger issue and need a new dm board.  Oh well, it was worth a try.

Larry Dillon
Did the DM board look the

Did the DM board look the same, or was it a little bit different?

There are also capacitors in the main power supply that may be swollen on the tops. look at the power supply board and see if you have any of those.

JConlon
Larry Dillon said: Did the

Larry Dillon said: Did the DM board look the same, or was it a little bit different?  There are also capacitors in the main power supply that may be swollen on the tops. look at the power supply board and see if you have any of those.

The DM board looked like the one from your second attachment "dm board repair with a light engine".  I just took a look at the power board and there are a lot of different capacitors on it.  All of them "look" normal.  I don't see any bulging.  I do have a couple of old motherboards laying around from pcs that have bulging capacitors, so I know what to look for.  Any further suggestions?  We really aren't willing to put a lot of money into a repair and will probably look at getting an LCD if we can't get this working.

thom8
Can someone send me these

Can someone send me these instructions also.  My email address is [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I have sent the files you

I have sent the files you requested to work on your TV set. Good Luck

JConlon
JConlon said: Larry

JConlon said:

Larry Dillon said: Did the DM board look the same, or was it a little bit different?  There are also capacitors in the main power supply that may be swollen on the tops. look at the power supply board and see if you have any of those.

The DM board looked like the one from your second attachment "dm board repair with a light engine".  I just took a look at the power board and there are a lot of different capacitors on it.  All of them "look" normal.  I don't see any bulging.  I do have a couple of old motherboards laying around from pcs that have bulging capacitors, so I know what to look for.  Any further suggestions?  We really aren't willing to put a lot of money into a repair and will probably look at getting an LCD if we can't get this working.

I ended up deciding to take it to a repair shop and get an estimate.  Upon completely reassembling I found that it worked!!  I was really excited.  But ten days later, it went back to its flashing green light.  I brought it in to the shop on 9-12-07.  It is now 10-29-07 and they still can't figure it out.  They have been communicating with Mitsubishi directly and said they can get it working for a day or two and that is it.  It is really frustrating to pay $3000 for a tv and have it fail two years later and then on top of it find out that it can't be fixed.  All I can say is I will never buy Mitsubishi again!

Larry Dillon
Tell them to change the

Tell them to change the capacitors in the DM board assembly.

JConlon
Larry Dillon said: Tell them

Larry Dillon said: Tell them to change the capacitors in the DM board assembly.

Larry Dillon said: Tell them to change the capacitors in the DM board assembly.

They replaced the whole board and that wasn't it.  They also replaced the Power Supply board.  According to the technician working on this, he has $1200 worth of parts that he has tried already with the suggestion of the Mitsubishi technicians and it always comes back to the flashing green light.  I know he is getting frustrated too.  Any suggestions on a good LCD or Plasma tv?

Larry Dillon
MMM Maybe the new board is

MMM Maybe the new board is bad also. Would not be the first time I have seen this problem. Ask them just for giggles to change the cpas and check the two surface mounted fuses.  Would'nt hurt.

Cleve
Hi. I have one of these

Hi. I have one of these beasts. WD-52725. Timer green light blinks continually. After about a minute a relay on power supply will click and usually timer light will resume blinking. On occaision the light will settle down, and will allow me to start the tv. It will look fine for a few minutes, then I will lose control of the set through front panel and remote. Then it will shut down quickly afterwards. Those are the symptoms. About a month ago is when this started. Would run 10 minutes then quit and blink. I bypassed DM fan controller so fan would run full time. Thought I had it licked as a bad sensor. Ran fine for a month. Guess not, must be a part breaking down. I have also tried a new bulb as old one is 2 years old. Same effect.

Now, I have faxed back and forth to Mits' tech support number, telling them the symptoms. They gave me a test instructing me to disconnect the card reader to DM board USB cable, then retest. As same problem resumed, they said to suspect the DM board. Now, I can replace the board but would like to trouble shoot more before throwing money at the problem.

Okay, testing with meter and scope of power supply revealed good clean voltages on all outputs, both in idle power and when running. I did replace the 4 16V-1000uf caps on DM board, FMT board and power supply for good measure. They all did test good on cap checker. Just for fun I removed power connector to Terminal board, resulting in the same symptom. So much for that. At this time, I have spread apart the FMT, DM and tuner boards so I can get in between them with freeze spray, in hope of finding a heat sensitive component, as the beast seems more willing to respond after being fully cold for some hours. Have not found the weak part yet, but would like to. Anyone have any luck or useful suggestions?

Thanks very much, Danny

Cleve
Oh yeah, all fuses check good

Oh yeah, all fuses check good too. Any issues with surface fuses failing intermittantly?

Danny

BlaxicanAngel
I have a mitsubishi medallion

I have a mitsubishi medallion WS-65713 the green reset light flashes continoulsy, power it off and on many times no help, will not turn on. Can anyone help?

Larry Dillon
No danny, the fuses are good

No danny, the fuses are good or bad. I have however had bad connections on the bottom of the main board where the DM board plugs into.

Larry Dillon
polson24, it sounds like you

polson24, it sounds like you may have bad capacitors inside the DM board of your TV set. If you can solder and are handy, you might be able to save about 800 to a grand if you can do this yourself. If you cannot solder, do not take a chance, take out the DM board and let someone who knows how to solder Printed circuit board well do this for you. If you leave an e-mail address i will send you instructions with pictures on how this repair is done. Good Luck

BlaxicanAngel
Larry Dillon said: polson24,

Larry Dillon said: polson24, it sounds like you may have bad capacitors inside the DM board of your TV set. If you can solder and are handy, you might be able to save about 800 to a grand if you can do this yourself. If you cannot solder, do not take a chance, take out the DM board and let someone who knows how to solder Printed circuit board well do this for you. If you leave an e-mail address i will send you instructions with pictures on how this repair is done. Good Luck

my email is [email protected]

Thanks

Larry Dillon
I have sent the documents to

I have sent the documents to you. Good Luck

Cleve
Hi. Thanks for writing back.

Hi. Thanks for writing back. Now, on the WD52725, there are 3 boards sitting side by side, the tuner board, DM board and FMT board, then Terminal board sits off to the side, and power supply sits behind the 3 boards that sit together. Just to make sure we  are on the same page.

A question, if you have the service manual for the WD-xxx25 set, what is the proper voltage going to the control panel switches? Mine reads right about 3 volts. On most sets this is 5 volts, but this model is pretty new to me and I haven't learned all its' tricks yet. I have not yet decided about the DM board enough to buy one, but am leaning towards the tuner board right now, seeing as that is where the control panel cable plugs in. Do let me know if I am barking up the wrong tree.

The voltage coming from power supply to these other boards measures right about 7 and 12 volts on the large power connectors, again, it is clean and flat as measured with scope.

Thanks, Danny

Pages

Connect With Techlore