Mitsubishi WD-62525 Statis Light Codes

306 posts / 0 new
Last post
FlaHP
http://www.auctioncreations
Cleve
Interesting pictures. Seeing

Interesting pictures. Seeing as yours is running but acting odd, take your voltmeter and read the power supply test points with it running. There are about 6 of them, all will have readings pretty close to how they are marked, maybe a volt or so above if everything is working well. Might want to post your voltage readings here. Any that are lower than the marks say could be evidence of more bad caps, as these caps smooth out the pulses coming from the rectifier diodes. 

Also recheck your ribbon cable connections, should be 5 of them. They are easy to get off just a little.

I'll be glad to exchange problems with you :)   My intermittant problem has been challenging, but I'm fixing to drop a dm board in it and see if that fixes it.

Danny

FlaHP
Good luck with the card. I

Good luck with the card. I plan to fight mine again Sunday night. I will let ya know if I see anything special.

Larry Dillon
flaHP, double check all of

flaHP, double check all of the components like the regulator IC's and the other capacitors in that power supplt circuit. You must also replace the bad caps that may look a little swollen at the tops. Are you using a manual for this repair?

FlaHP
I replaced the 2 3300uf and

I replaced the 2 3300uf and got power back tot he TV. The picture looked like it does in the images. Then yesterday I replaced 4 1000s on each of the 3 boards for a total of 12 and still the same picture. Also every plug was undone and reseated to remove the boards.

I initialized the TV and still no change.

I have reset it a half dozen times and left unplugged but no change.

I am not using the manual for this. Nothing else looks odd. I am going to check Voltage tonight and see.

FlaHP
It is at the service center

It is at the service center now. I won't have any idea till late next week at the best. Mitsubishi has had zero Customer service and never returned one email. I tried everyway to contact them possible. I will be buying a new set and 5 year ESP but never another Mitsubishi. If they fix it I guess I will have an extra set. I am not very optimistic. I joked when i dropped it off that it died like many others at 3 years to the week. He looked back at me and said you were lucky it lasted that long. I will let you know if they find a fix to help out the next guy.

shawn
Ugh, sorry to hear about your

Ugh, sorry to hear about your set.  Frown 

Ours lasted 3 years also.  We just bought a new set (LCD) with a 5 year warranty - Hope we have better luck with this one!  We decided not to go the route of dealing with paying a tech to come out and tell us what we already found just to dump even more money in the part and then hope that the set lasts after all of that, and no other problems occur, so we went forth and and invested our money in another set and a longer EW.  We are still trying to part ours out, to try to recoop some of our money.  That was a big hit to the pocket book and just before Christmas... No more Mitsubishi for us either!!! 

Bill G.
I have a WD-62525. The other

I have a WD-62525. The other day the set would not show a picture and the red lamp lite came on. I replaced the bulb today and the same thing happened. Let me know what you think. It sounds like it could be the capacitor issue as in the thread. Please send info to [email protected] Thanks

FlaHP
Bill G. said: I have a WD

Bill G. said: I have a WD-62525. The other day the set would not show a picture and the red lamp lite came on. I replaced the bulb today and the same thing happened. Let me know what you think. It sounds like it could be the capacitor issue as in the thread. Please send info to [email protected] Thanks

I am more of a car fix it guy and the power issue was not that bad. It was obvious that 2 caps on the power board were bad.

See pictures above.

The set fired up but just not with a good pic. My LE may have been damaged when the bulb blew, but who knows yours may just be the caps.

If you at the point of trashing the unit like I was you may as well open her up and take a look. The only reason I took mine in is I may be close sine I replaced all the 1000s after the first 2 for a total of 14 caps.

Try emailing Mits before you do and see if you get any info. They never returned any of my 3 emails but who knows. Once you bust into the boards, I doubt they will swap them out. I am not a TV guy so this is just a guess.

Bill G.
Could somone please sned me

Could somone please sned me the service manual as and the DM board repair. I have a WD-62525 and the red lamp light comes on with a new lamp installed. My email is [email protected] Thankyou.

lancergsr00
my friend has the same set

my friend has the same set ,the problem is it has a honeycomb like picture, can anyone tell me what is wrong with it, and what can i do do repair it??

shawn
Lancer, Did you read this

Lancer, Did you read this thread?  Your friend might want to check the DM board and the like to see if the capaciors are "bulging".  I would suggest that either you or your friend know something about soldering before you attempt this, or have  someone that does know assist you.  It comes down to troubleshooting the TV set to find out what is wrong with your set. 

Are you getting any red status lights, or does it just play with a jacked up picture? 

I'm certainly not an expert and in fact we gave up on our set... so maybe someone else can jump in and try to help you. 

tollstation
I have a Mitsubishi WD-62525.

I have a Mitsubishi WD-62525. I just replaced the lamp , which worked for about 4 hours. When I shut the TV off, the fan stayed on all night. The following morning I turned on the TV only to find the red light was on and NO picture. I do have sound. Can anyone help me?

tollstation
Nydialeaf said: Have you done

Nydialeaf said: Have you done the error code check?

What is the error code check?

shawn
 (The following is from the

(The following is from the service manual)  It should get you going on the right track...

Press the front panel “DEVICE” and “MENU” buttons at the same time, and hold for 5 seconds to

activate the Error Code Operational Check. The LED will then flash denoting a two digit Code.

Note: The front panel buttons must be used, NOT those on the Remote Control.

The number of flashes indicates the value of the MSD (tens digit) of the Error Code.

The flashing then pauses for approximately 1/2 second.

The LED then flashes indicating the value of the LSD (ones digit) of the Error Code.

Example: If the Error Code is “32”, the LED will flash three times, pause, and then flash two times.

The Error Code is repeated a total of 5 times.

ERROR CODES

Press and Hold "DEVICE" and "MENU" FOR 5 SECONDS

Error Code Probable Cause

12 No error detected

22 Recovery from momentary Reset

32 Lamp Cover open

33 Air Filter Cover open

34 Lamp abnormality

35 Chassis Fan failure

36 Exhaust (Back Cover) or Lamp Ballast Fan failure

37 Engine (DMD or Lamp) Fan failure

38 Excess Lamp Temperature

39 Excess DMD Temperature

41 Short Detected

44 DVI Cable (between Chassis and Engine) disconnected

bish
Got a WD-62525 with a code 34

Got a WD-62525 with a code 34 Lamp Abnormality.  Sounds like the DM board.  I have the service manual so getting it apart is no problem.  I would appreciate any pics or suggestions so I can get my components before tearing itno it.  Any help would be appreciated.  [email protected]

Thanks in advance.  Larry, YOU RULE! 

rolexguy
Can anybody give me the exact

Can anybody give me the exact specs. for the dmd and lamp fan on a mit. wd-62725.  Any help would be greatly appreciated getting error code 37 ( red status light).  I am also replacing all caps that I find.

Thanks in advance guys.

Larry Dillon
What kind of specs do you

What kind of specs do you want. They do not give us that type of info. You simply get a part number, order it and you get a new one. The DMD board is part of the optical engine and is not replaceable, it is only replaceable as part of the engine. The two fans and the sensors are replaceable. If you need the manual, I have it. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
bish, Simply get to the DM

bish, Simply get to the DM board, open it up and change the four capacitors. The pictures I have will not help you, as I took those pictures from the manual you have already. Good Luck

bish
Larry Dillon said: bish,

Larry Dillon said: bish, Simply get to the DM board, open it up and change the four capacitors. The pictures I have will not help you, as I took those pictures from the manual you have already. Good Luck

Thanks Larry.  Since I replaced the set, I'm going to try and fix the old one.  Plenty of board work experience with the right tools so it should not be difficult after I pull the board.

Thanks for the quick reply.  You still ROCK!

josh558
Larry Dillon said: polson24,

Larry Dillon said: polson24, it sounds like you may have bad capacitors inside the DM board of your TV set. If you can solder and are handy, you might be able to save about 800 to a grand if you can do this yourself. If you cannot solder, do not take a chance, take out the DM board and let someone who knows how to solder Printed circuit board well do this for you. If you leave an e-mail address i will send you instructions with pictures on how this repair is done. Good Luck

Larry,  I have the same problem.....can you send these instructions to [email protected]?  Thanks.    Dave

rolexguy
Sorry for not being clear.

Sorry for not being clear. The specs on the fans as the error code 37 means the fans if i'm corrrect.  The specs that I need are the fans voltage,rpms etc.  I will be going to my local frys to purchase these.  I will also be changing the the 4 caps 100ouf.  I also found 4 other caps together that are bubbled up in the 3rd board from left to right dm board being in the middle (wd-62725).  Would this be the fmt board?  The value on these are 424c am I reading these correct? 

Larry Dillon
Rolex, That info should be on

Rolex, That info should be on the fan motor assembly. Take out the fan and check it to make sure it is bad first. It could be the power supply also. It could be the DMD heat sensor. You have the manual you said. Look at the electrical block diagram and see how the fan motor operates.

GANZORUBEN
Larry Dillon said: Dave, what

Larry Dillon said: Dave, what model number do you have?

larry could you send those directions to me please? [email protected]

rolexguy
What is the 3rd board on a

What is the 3rd board on a mit.Wd-62725 looking at it from the back and left to right? Also there some caps on that board 3rd one what are the value of those caps?

rolexguy
What is the 3rd board on a

What is the 3rd board on a mit.Wd-62725 looking at it from the back and left to right? Also there some caps on that board 3rd one what are the value of those caps?

josh558
Larry Dillon said: Dave, what

Larry,

The model number is WD52725.  This happend one month ago and when I changed the bulb the TV worked again.  This makes me wonder if there is simply a loose connection somewhere.  Any advise is appreciated!   Thanks,  Dave

josh558
naptownDave said: Larry

naptownDave said:

Larry, The model number is WD52725.  This happend one month ago and when I changed the bulb the TV worked again.  This makes me wonder if there is simply a loose connection somewhere.  Any advise is appreciated!   Thanks,  Dave

Larry,  To clarify that last post, the TV worked for 1 month after changing the bulb but no longer works.  The red status light is blinking and the TV won't turn on.  It acts as if it is going to turn on then the red light just starts blinking.   Thanks again, Dave

Larry Dillon
cgtjr, what directions, for

cgtjr, what directions, for what? Please be a little bit more specific.

Larry Dillon
Dave, The ballast is the most

Dave, The ballast is the most common problem that causes the bulb to go out prematurely in these sets.

Pages

Connect With Techlore