Projection TV problem

108 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Possible you may have a small

Possible you may have a small high voltage leak from one of the CRT's, the second anode lead, the high voltage divider block, or the high voltage transformer.

DIGIT
HELLO, i have a convergence

HELLO, i have a convergence problem with my RCA 42'' color track projection. The red is off and when i tried to fix the color via the convergence board/ knobs in the front , it just got worse. it's bowed and skewed all to hell. i tried lining everything up with the test pattern but it's just a crosshair and my corners are still messed up ... could use some advice ...thanks...

ben_13
 I need help with my toshiba

I need help with my toshiba model 32a43                                                         

The television no longer functions with the remote contro neither manual.Only work manualy the power on/off any idea?
Thank you

DaveKerr
ProScan 56" Projection TV. 

ProScan 56" Projection TV.  My Model number is PS56670.  I understood that when I bought this TV sometime ago that a key to it was that it had Svideo capability and as the high definition technology improved I would have to buy a new tv to take advantage or that there may be some adapter that I could buy and plug into Svideo to get higher definition once that time came. Is this the case. Is there anything that can be added or attached in order to see high definition or do I just have to break down and get a HD tv.  

I guess I would have to sell this one in order to have enough to buy the newer technology. What would a tv in very good condition Proscan 56" tv be worth. I wouldn't want to or be able to move it out of my basement, would it be fair to sell it and require the buyer to come get it and move it out of my basement? Thoughts anyone?

Any help guidance or advice would be appreciated? 

Larry Dillon
Dave,Yes my friend you would

Dave,Yes my friend you would need to replace the set to get the benefits of the wide-screen HDTV effects and thrills. You could though, when they are available, buy the DTV set top converter box to receive the digital channels, but that would defeat the purpose, as the set top box would simply convert the digital signals to analog to your TV set. Now when you sell your set, make sure you tell the peeps who purchase the TV that this is a cash and carry sale, as anything I have ever sold from my house has been cash and carry. Good Luck and let us know how you make out with this.

Larry Dillon
Ben, you have a bad remote

Ben, you have a bad remote controller hand unit or the set you have has a bad Ir receiver. If you have no TV repair know how, please consult a trained tech for this repair.  Now for the remote hand unit, take a digital camera, aim the hand unit at the cameras lens and look through the camera screen of viewfinder and press some buttons on the remote.  if you see a little blue light through the camera off the end of the remote hand unit, most likely the hand unit is good.  If you do not see the blue light through the hand unit, the remote is bad.  Your eyes cannot see infrared light but the camera optics can.  The best way to also check this TV set would be to use a universal remote .  Good Luck and let us know how you made out with this problem.

Uncle Sam
craig watley said: I have A

craig watley said: I have A KP-57WS510 SONY TV IT HAS NO PICTURE OR SOUND THE SELF DIAGNOSTIC LIGHT SAYS THAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE IC406 AUDIO AMP OR PS401 AND 402. CAN I FIX THIS MYSELF AND IF SO HOW CAN I GET THE PARTS I NEED AND CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO FIX MY TV MYSELF. THANK,S CRAIG

Hello Craig, Your Sony Projection TV had the same problem as mine. Based on your diagnostic code, it blinks 8 time. Is it right? I called a repair person in to check it. He says there is a problem with HV Power Supply & Regulator Circuit. I get confused on the different check results.  Please let me know how you fixed the problem, where was the root cause for the error.

Thank you!

-Sam

Larry Dillon
Uncle Sam, Yes the High

Uncle Sam, Yes the High voltage transformer on the D board is most likely bad.  You can get a rebuilt   " D" board from ptscorp.com.  If you have no experience with TV repair, please play it safe and do not attempt to do this repair, as there is alot of high voltage on this board, and this is no place to be experimenting inside this TV set. Good Luck, and let us know how this repair goes for you.

ThomasMarlow
I have an older Sony

I have an older Sony projection set, 51 inch, mod. KP-46S55. The thing would stay on and then go dead after about 3 hours, then the time on got shorter and shorter. Now when you hit the power button it sounds like the normal power up, then nothing. Dead in the water. Any help out there?

Thanks, Dann

rupert maxwell
I have a sony KP-51WS510 with

I have a sony KP-51WS510 with convergence problem.  Does anyone have a service / repair manual I could get a copy of?  any idea of the IC's I would need to fix?  Would realy like to get it going for the holidays.  Please help, and God Bless.  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I sent you the service manual

I sent you the service manual but read the links I am sending you now before you procede with any repair. Good Luck.

http://www.techlore.com/blog/entry/19694/Sony-Convergence-Repair-My-Sony-TV-has-a-distorted-picture-/

http://www.techlore.com/article/19631/Sony-Convergence-Procedure/

Gigawatt
I have got a Thomson Scenium

I have got a Thomson Scenium 44jw613S and i made the mistake of moving it recently. Now when I turn it on i get sound, but i also get a stobe purple line flicker across the screen (which is black or with limitied cycling picture). If i leave the set on for about five minutes, the set corrects itself and I get a perfect picture back again...

But having to wait is very annoying and i am hoping some kind person may be able to offer me some advice on how to fix it.

Thanks in advance (with fingers crossed)

Larry Dillon
it sounds like you have a bad

it sounds like you have a bad connection on one of the printed circuit boards. maybe open the set an lightly tap round on the boards till you can localize where the problem is. Good luck

Taterlvr
Hello. I have a Panasonic PT

Hello. I have a Panasonic PT-53WXD63G rear projection TV. At first the picture looked like the blue color was offset and I was unable to get it aligned with with the rest of the picture. I think it is a convergence problem. Anyway, about a week later, the TV would not turn on at all and now when I turn it on, the led light on the front comes on (does not blink) and I then hear a click from the bottom rear of the TV and then I hear it chirping from the same area. It beeps for about 10 seconds and the TV turns itself off. Then it turns itself on, I then hear a click and then the chirping. This repeats until I unplug the TV. Please give me any suggestions you have.

Taterlvr
Hello. I have a Panasonic PT

Hello. I have a Panasonic PT-53WXD63G rear projection TV. At first the picture looked like the blue color was offset and I was unable to get it aligned with with the rest of the picture. I think it is a convergence problem. Anyway, about a week later, the TV would not turn on at all and now when I turn it on, the led light on the front comes on (does not blink) and I then hear a click from the bottom rear of the TV and then I hear it chirping from the same area. It beeps for about 10 seconds and the TV turns itself off. Then it turns itself on, I then hear a click and then the chirping. This repeats until I unplug the TV. Please give me any suggestions you have.

Taterlvr
Taterlvr said: Hello. I have

Taterlvr said: Hello. I have a Panasonic PT-53WXD63G rear projection TV. At first the picture looked like the blue color was offset and I was unable to get it aligned with with the rest of the picture. I think it is a convergence problem. Anyway, about a week later, the TV would not turn on at all and now when I turn it on, the led light on the front comes on (does not blink) and I then hear a click from the bottom rear of the TV and then I hear it chirping from the same area. It beeps for about 10 seconds and the TV turns itself off. Then it turns itself on, I then hear a click and then the chirping. This repeats until I unplug the TV. Please give me any suggestions you have.

I replaced the two STK392-110 convergence amplifiers and still have the same problem.

Please help!  Thanks.

lcooperjr
i have an RCA 46" rear

i have an RCA 46" rear projection TV model number P46810lv-lg2 that has a convergence issue, all three colors are separate and it bows in from the top and bottom. i was told to replace the convergence board, but i don't know what board number to look for and where to get one
thanks

Pages

Connect With Techlore