Projection TV problem

108 posts / 0 new
Last post
andydrt
Projection TV problem

I have a GE 46" big screen TV and recently I experienced these small glitches in the screen, it did this for about 20 minutes and then all of a sudden the TV just shut down and won't power up. Also when I plug it in I can hear a beeping coming from the back.

comtech
i have a ge 13gp241 manuf may

i have a ge 13gp241 manuf may '98 that does the same thing. I see many complaints re ge tv's on internet. Sounds like a power unit problem? Have you found an answer to your tv problem yet?

andydrt
Yours is the first response,

Yours is the first response, If I need to replace the power unit do you know how much that might run me?

eesmdt
zenith tv picture is out but

zenith tv picture is out but still have sound if i turn it on and off it comes on but it takes alot of times to work and then after a while gos back off

BUDA
My 50 inch Hitachi rear

My 50 inch Hitachi rear projection has a shakey picture?

kywildcat
I have a 46" Zenith

I have a 46" Zenith projection tv. Bought in 1995
Just recently it has been pulling in from the sides in an hourglass fashion. Top amd bottome are fine. It is very erractic in doing this. Sometimes staying for 5 minutes, other times staying for as long as 3 day.
any suggestions?

Guest (not verified)
I have a hitachi rear

I have a hitachi rear projection tv. The tv is from 1993, never had a problem until now. The tv just shut off and will not go on.
Does anyone know what may be wrong?

Please email

Tammy32 Morg
I have a RCA 46" projection

I have a RCA 46" projection TV model P46810LV. Just stopped working and when plugged up it makes a chirrping noise. Any suggestions?

MeKathy
MY 50 INCH HITACHI TV WILL

MY 50 INCH HITACHI TV WILL JUST COME ON FOR A MINUTE OR 2 THEN JUST TURNS OFF. THE MENU DOESN'T WORK EITHER. THIS IS ABOUT 8 YEARS OLD. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THE PROBLEM IF I CAN BY MYSELF AND HOW MUCH WILL THIS COST.

loretta
i have a zenith rear

i have a zenith rear projection , and the picture is blurry. Is there anything i can do to adjust it?

jules
did anyone get an answer to

did anyone get an answer to all these questions?

Benb
I too have the problem listed

I too have the problem listed below on the same model.

"I have a RCA 46" projection TV model P46810LV. Just stopped working and when plugged up it makes a chirrping noise. Any suggestions?"

was there a response to this?

shaggy
HELLO, IM HAVING PROBLEMS

HELLO,
IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY 1997 RCA BIGSCREEN PTK195BL
IT HAS A BOW AT THE TOP AND BOTTOM. RAINBOW COLORS AROUND THE OBJECTS IN THE PICTURE. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IT IS THAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED AND WHERE TO FIND THE PART? IF I NEED TO ADJUST SOMETHING HOW DO I? I WOULD LIKE TO FIX IT MYSELF IM PRETTY GOOD AT FIXING THINGS I JUST NEED A LITTLE HELP FINDING THE PROBLEM AND WHERE TO GET THE PARTS THANKS, SHAGGY

shaggy
jules said:did anyone get an

jules said:

did anyone get an answer to all these questions?

nope i didnt get an answer either

franky
I have A KP-57WS510 SONY TV

I have A KP-57WS510 SONY TV IT HAS NO PICTURE OR SOUND THE SELF DIAGNOSTIC LIGHT SAYS THAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE IC406 AUDIO AMP OR PS401 AND 402. CAN I FIX THIS MYSELF AND IF SO HOW CAN I GET THE PARTS I NEED AND CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO FIX MY TV MYSELF. THANK,S CRAIG

MoMan
I have A KP-61v80 SONY TV IT

I have A KP-61v80 SONY TV IT HAS NO PICTURE OR SOUND. When the problem started it the tv had a electrical smell. thanks Moman

paulyg
I have a 43" rear projection

I have a 43" rear projection Philips HDTV with convergence problems.  Any advice?

Smoke Stack
Hi Everybody!

Hi Everybody!

Did anyone figure this one out, my friend has same problem, it was working fine then they went on vacation(unplugged everything...came home plugged it back in and wala..no turn on...same problem as below , it starts to turn on but turns off right away..thanks for help :-)

I have a hitachi rear projection tv. The tv is from 1993, never had a problem until now. The tv just shut off and will not go on.
Does anyone know what may be wrong?

jgriebling
i have a thomson rear

i have a thomson rear projection t.v. model 44rw65u, manufactured 2002, some of the coolant has leaked from red c.r.t. coolant chamber, have cleaned leakage with alcohol, all else seems o.k. obviously besides red focus problem.

Where is best place to obtain coolant, to refill chamber.

thanks leebro.

Larry Dillon
Tammy32 Morg said: I have a

Tammy32 Morg said: I have a RCA 46" projection TV model P46810LV. Just stopped working and when plugged up it makes a chirrping noise. Any suggestions?

Larry Dillon
The fact that its making a

The fact that its making a chirping means the power supply is most likly ok. It probably the horizontal output transistor is shorted. Now the flyback transformer could be the cause of this  or the small coil between the horizontal outut transistor Base and the horizontal driver transformer could need to be taken out and the leads scrapped of paint and resoldered or the the HI voltage caps in the horizontal section could be shorted or leaky. Most of the time when these are bad the caps are split or show burning.  They are the 1.5kv disc caps Good Luck

Larry Dillon
andydrt said: I have a GE 46"

andydrt said: I have a GE 46" big screen TV and recently I experienced these small glitches in the screen, it did this for about 20 minutes and then all of a sudden the TV just shut down and won't power up. Also when I plug it in I can hear a beeping coming from the back.

It sounds like the Hi voltage transformer was breaking down or the capcitors in the horizontal output section was shorting. The best way to tell if its the flyback or the hIO voltage transformer would be to unsolder the horizontal output transistor and see if its shorted. If it is replace the transistor and the hivoltage transformer together. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
leebro said: i have a thomson

leebro said: i have a thomson rear projection t.v. model 44rw65u, manufactured 2002, some of the coolant has leaked from red c.r.t. coolant chamber, have cleaned leakage with alcohol, all else seems o.k. obviously besides red focus problem. Where is best place to obtain coolant, to refill chamber. thanks leebro.

ItsGo to www.mcminone.com and look up part # 20-2041 You will likely need two bottles.
good

agincajin
My power button is not

My power button is not working properly, It comes on for about two seconds and goes off again. The light is always red when it is turned on. What is the problem? Model #PT810A

Larry Dillon
Tampafire said: My power

Tampafire said: My power button is not working properly, It comes on for about two seconds and goes off again. The light is always red when it is turned on. What is the problem? Model #PT810A

Is this a Fisher or sanyo TV?? If it is the problem is in the power supply Board and is probably the B+ regulator IV. Its an stk type. If your not a tech there are no serviceable parts for the user inside this set so please seek a pro to assist in this repair.

jgriebling
RE THOMSON 44RW65U NEEDED

RE THOMSON 44RW65U NEEDED SUPPLIER OF C.R.T. COOLANT, THANKS TECHMAN FOR HELP. HOWEVER HAVE CONTACTED WWW.MCMINONE.COM, AND THEY DO NOT SHIP TO THE U.K.

SO IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO KNOWS OF A U.K. SUPPLIER OF C.R.T. COOLANT.

THANKS LEEBRO. 

Larry Dillon
leebro said: RE THOMSON

leebro said: RE THOMSON 44RW65U NEEDED SUPPLIER OF C.R.T. COOLANT, THANKS TECHMAN FOR HELP. HOWEVER HAVE CONTACTED WWW.MCMINONE.COM, AND THEY DO NOT SHIP TO THE U.K. SO IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO KNOWS OF A U.K. SUPPLIER OF C.R.T. COOLANT. THANKS LEEBRO.   

Oh OK so sorry man I didnt know you were in the UK Good Luck

phil4607
i have a samsung sp42w5hf

i have a samsung sp42w5hf rear projection tv, was excellent picture until 3 months ago when i tried to fix the ariel into the tv the ariel socket joined to the tv had fallen inside and we were not able to connect the ariel, The picture was terrible like double vision and the colours were all wrong, i called out an engineer who said that there were 2 seperate thing s wrong with the tv. and that my converger ic needed replacing. and that it was nothing to do with the ariel socket.

I know everything was perfect until this happened, and when i have tried to claim for accidental damage this engineer said it was just wear and tear.

i have tried to get reports from other companies who have said they will do one for me but that although wear and tear is wrong (the tv is only 18 months old) they would not be able to prove that it was accidental.

i contacted the samsung helpline and they tell me that the converger ic does not just go, some thing has to happen to make it break.

just like to know if anyone else has had the same or similar problem and what you did to fix it.  i know that both things happened together but how cn i prove it.

thanks for any help 

Larry Dillon
liz42 said: i have a samsung

liz42 said: i have a samsung sp42w5hf rear projection tv, was excellent picture until 3 months ago when i tried to fix the ariel into the tv the ariel socket joined to the tv had fallen inside and we were not able to connect the ariel, The picture was terrible like double vision and the colours were all wrong, i called out an engineer who said that there were 2 seperate thing s wrong with the tv. and that my converger ic needed replacing. and that it was nothing to do with the ariel socket. I know everything was perfect until this happened, and when i have tried to claim for accidental damage this engineer said it was just wear and tear. i have tried to get reports from other companies who have said they will do one for me but that although wear and tear is wrong (the tv is only 18 months old) they would not be able to prove that it was accidental. i contacted the samsung helpline and they tell me that the converger ic does not just go, some thing has to happen to make it break. just like to know if anyone else has had the same or similar problem and what you did to fix it.  i know that both things happened together but how cn i prove it. thanks for any help 

I dont know who told you convergence IC's dont go bad by themself?  They are the #1 cause of repairs in projection TV's. Alsways go bad for no reason. They are nothing more thenanalog amplifyers and are turned one or cranked to the max. thats why they get so hot. Now with the Antenna connection,It depense on the tv set as I dont have a schematic of this set as to the best way to repair. Some sets need to have the tuners taken out completely to properly repair the connector. Some sets theres a complete antenna block that gets replaced and these do not break off by themselfs. Its usually from someone or something pulling on the antenna or cable wire. Good Luck

Nunof01
I have a 32 inch RCA tv model

I have a 32 inch RCA tv model # F32632SB in which just recently the screen went black and started making a high pitch sound. I have been advised that it may be the power supply that went bad. looking to see if this is a simple process to fix or should i just trash the TV.

Larry Dillon
Nope. Its most likly the Hi

Nope. Its most likly the Hi Voltage/horizontal sweep circuit my friend. These sets are very common to have the Horizontal output transistor  short out because of a defective Hi Voltage transformer. This is why the sets making a high pitch sound, as the short is loading down the switch mode power supply. If this TV  was mine, I would buy me a new HD model. Sorry to be the  caller of bad news. Good Luck

Pages

Connect With Techlore