Projection TV problem

108 posts / 0 new
Last post
lenrobo
Hi. I have a Samsung SP43W6HL

Hi. I have a Samsung SP43W6HL rear viw projection TV. It is only about 18months old but I am experiencing problems with the picture quality.

I switched it off at the mains while it was in 'self focus' mode now the picture looks out of focus. I have tried to press the self focus button but a message appears in the top left hand corner saying 'check factory data.'

All objects on the screen have red,blue and green lines round them making it look distorted.

Can anyone help?????? 

Larry Dillon
What happen to your set, does

What happen to your set, does happen from  time to time with the Samsung Projection sets.  The units trying to adjust the focus but the convergence datas differant coming from Convergence circuit as theres a bad convergence IC,so the units looking for the data to match what the factory data was, to do a comparison and adjust the circuits accordingly.  Your going to need to have the convergence IC'S replaced and the unit should work ok again.. If your not a tech you shouldnt open the set and tinker with it as it can cause serious harm to you.  Get back to us and let us know after you have it repaired. Good Luck

tma1229
I have a Philips 55P8342 tv

I have a Philips 55P8342 tv and all of a sudden, the sound went out and i can't see anything.  I can't even see when i try to turn the volume up.  Does anyone have any info or should i just call the repairman.

thanks

Larry Dillon
tma1229 said: I have a

tma1229 said: I have a Philips 55P8342 tv and all of a sudden, the sound went out and i can't see anything.  I can't even see when i try to turn the volume up.  Does anyone have any info or should i just call the repairman. thanks

It sounds like your TV set is in a dead condition. If your not a tech or have any electronic training, I would certainly suggest that you call out a repairman to assit you with this repair.  A TV set is no where for a handi-person or an experimenter to play with. theres extremly High Voltage inside these sets even when they are unplugged.  You should read this article and decide for yourself on the repair  Good Luck http://www.techlore.com/article/10602/

DaveKerr
I have a Proscan 56 inch tv.

I have a Proscan 56 inch tv. All of a sudden I have no sound., I have tried using the remote to adjust the audio - thinking it was the speakers turned off or something that I could fix. I also called cable company. They had me run the wire from outside directly to the tv and when I did that and still had no sound I determined that it was not the cable box / or system, it is sound on the tv. Any suggestions?

Larry Dillon
DaveKerr, What chassis

DaveKerr, What chassis number is in this set?

DaveKerr
Where would I get the chasis

Where would I get the chasis number from? On the back near the bottom?

DaveKerr
I will look this afternoon;

I will look this afternoon; may I ask why this is important?

Larry Dillon
Differant things happen to

Differant things happen to differant chassis. I want to be as acrurate as possible.

DaveKerr
Mr. Larry Dillon,

Mr. Larry Dillon,

My Model number is PS56670

Serial no. 729691039

Chasis no. (I believe) is PTR1295CP

DaveKerr
Or the chasis number might be

Or the chasis number might be PTV it is hard to read when I was down there on the floor

Larry Dillon
First thing to do, have you

First thing to do, have you unplugged the set for 24 hours yet?  Ok If you have then its a problem in the audio switcher or the audio output amp in the set as its a single dual stereo IC.  Your going to need to use a multimeter to check the voltages and test the Audio IC. If this is not your cup of tea and you have no TV experience. Im afraid  theres not alot you can do on your own.  Please seek out a pro to assist you and let us know what you found out. Good Luck

DaveKerr
I have not unplugged the tv

I have not unplugged the tv set for 24 hours.  I had a tv repair person come to my house. He was 2 hours late for the appointment and my stepson was there. He said the repairman? took off the back and showed where there was rat droppings in the back and it looked as if the a rat had urinated on a cord of some sort and that he would have to order a whole new chasis, but he wouldn't leave a bill and there has been no answer at the place of business for the past 2 days.

I think I should try unplugging it for 24 hours first, and then maybe getting another opinion? what do you think. 

I must say we don't have rates or any other rodent that I am aware of. I don't see how they could possibly get inside the tv anyway. The back is secure except for very small holes for ventilation - pencil width size at best.  

Mr. Donald
I have a Toshiba, rear

I have a Toshiba, rear projection, HDTV, 42inch. The picture is unwatchable. The picture flickers all the time, and I have two images all the time as it flickers. Almost like the Horizontal hold on the old TV;s. Can anybody help me with this problem?

joechillin
Sony KP-51WS510

Sony KP-51WS510

My TV stop working 3 months ago. The red led is blinking fast 8 times and then blink slow 8 times.  I need some advice on what is wrong and what parts need to be replace.

Thanks,

Joechillin

CHINA
craig watley said: I have A

craig watley said: I have A KP-57WS510 SONY TV IT HAS NO PICTURE OR SOUND THE SELF DIAGNOSTIC LIGHT SAYS THAT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE IC406 AUDIO AMP OR PS401 AND 402. CAN I FIX THIS MYSELF AND IF SO HOW CAN I GET THE PARTS I NEED AND CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO FIX MY TV MYSELF. THANK,S CRAIG

My sony is doing the same thing.  how did you fix it?

Larry Dillon
China, these parts are part

China, these parts are part of the internal audio amp printed circuit board.  The main Amp. ic or the audio controller is most likly bad.  The two PS401 and PS402  parts are the small pico type soldered in fuses that help protect the power supply when there is a short in the audio Printed circuit board.  There are no real user replaceable parts inside this beast and should only be serviced by someone who knows the high voltage circuits and the know how to work on solid state equipment.  if you can read a schematic and know how to solder. Then by alll means you will probly save yourself a few hundred bucks.  if you do not have the training Please play it safe anf call i a trained tech to assist you in this repair.  Please get back with us and let us all know what you had to do to get your set working again.  Good Luck

Wizard770
I have HITACHI 43FDX01B the

I have HITACHI 43FDX01B the problem is the tv is working but there is no color

when i play dvd the color is ok pip the color is ok main creen color is not working can any one help 

Larry Dillon
mg14051, are you saying you

mg14051, are you saying you have color on all of the inputs but not on the main screen while watching TV through cable or satallite?  If thats the case you most likly have a bad tuner or the tuner control circuitry is bad inside the tV set.  There are two tuners inside this set. Thats why the PIP works properly as its running off the other good tuner.  The main tuner will have to be replaced OR you could simply go to the PIP and swap the screen. It should stay incolor as long as the tuner is good.  This is a soldered in part and should only be replaced by an experienced tech.  Good Luck and let us know how you made out with this repair.

TestUser1
shaggy said: HELLO, IM HAVING

shaggy said: HELLO, IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY 1997 RCA BIGSCREEN PTK195BL IT HAS A BOW AT THE TOP AND BOTTOM. RAINBOW COLORS AROUND THE OBJECTS IN THE PICTURE. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IT IS THAT NEEDS TO BE REPLACED AND WHERE TO FIND THE PART? IF I NEED TO ADJUST SOMETHING HOW DO I? I WOULD LIKE TO FIX IT MYSELF IM PRETTY GOOD AT FIXING THINGS I JUST NEED A LITTLE HELP FINDING THE PROBLEM AND WHERE TO GET THE PARTS THANKS, SHAGGY

Did anyone ever find a solution to this issue? I have a GE 52GW945 unit doing exactly this. I assume I am going to have to replace the convergence board, but am looking for other possible answers. I have searched the net alot on this issue, read a lot of postings for this problem... but not read any answers. Please help if you can.

Larry Dillon
Yes sir, it sounds like the

Yes sir, it sounds like the convergence IC's. You most likly will not find a complete convergence board to replace the entire board, unless you call PTS corp, at 1-800-844-7871, and see if they have any rebuilt convergence boards for this TV or if they can rebuild yours for you. There are no real user replaceable parts inside this TV set, so if you dont know how to solder and work on solid state printed circuit board, please play it safe and get a pro to assist you. Even if you get a rebuilt board, there is going to be some alighnment involved. Good Luck and please keep us informed of your progress with this repair.

Guest (not verified)

hay guys got a 53 inch sony rear projection tv.got in 99 been working well till a little while a go when pushing the flash focus the green crosses dont line up with the others and the pic on the screen is alittle green around everything.  cleaned the lens and was going to mess with the lens adjustors but thought i would check with somone else that has done it first..   thanx  stujoe   

model # kp53n74

Larry Dillon
stujoe, it is the common

stujoe, it is the common problem of the convergence IC's going bad in this TV set you have.  These are soldered in parts that should be replaced by a trained tech.  It is not an adjustmet ot alighnment of the lens.  This is a problem with this set that happens to almost everyone ever mnade.  Please if you do not have the solid state repair experience, seek yourself a pro to assist you in this repair.  If, and only if , you have some solid state repair experience and know how to work on the solid state Printed circuit boards, and how to work on them, should you attempt to try to repair them, as you can cause lots of extra damage to them if you dont't.  If you really want to fix this, you must first, formost get a service manual.  Do you know how to read a circuit diagram, or a schematic diagram. If you don't, this is not the job for you to try to attempt to repair this TV yourself.  You really should meet certain qualifications before you mess around with a TV set, as most solid state  TV sets have no user replaceable parts inside them.  If you need further assistace, please let us know and we will do the best as we can to help you.  The first thing you need to do in this repair is to get a service manual.  Good Luck, and please3 let us know how you all made out in this repair.

Guest (not verified)

thanks for the info larry, are the parts for this expensive? this unit gets use lots and was wondering how long the bulbs last as well.  i guess what im getting at is if its worth putting a lot of money in to it or if its going to nickel and dime me to death.    thanx sj

Larry Dillon
From 1999? HHHMMM Thats a

From 1999? HHHMMM Thats a hard call my friend. It depends on how much you are going to have to pay, if you do not have the experience to repair it your self. If it is going to cost you over 400 bucks I would say in my opinion, I think It would be best to invest that kind off money into a new set.

ageckle
I have a Magnavox 51" wide

I have a Magnavox 51" wide screen HDTV monitor.  The TV is 2-3 years old and recently developed a blue/yellow shadow at the bottom of the screen.  White objects on the bottom 2-3" of the screen get a blue or yellow shadow.  The shadow generally runs slightly diagonally with a wider shadow on the left part of the screne.  It's most pronounced when a news bar or the ESPN2 bottom line is running.  Is this problem the composite board one discussed above or is it something else.  Thanks.

Sky
I have a Hitachi 51" rear

I have a Hitachi 51" rear projection TV.  Model number is 51SWX20B and is approx 5 years old.  Recently, when you push the power button it will come on (no picture) for two seconds and turns right off.  Please help.

Larry Dillon
ageckle, that would depend on

ageckle, that would depend on what the model number is.

ageckle
Larry Dillon said: ageckle,

Larry Dillon said: ageckle, that would depend on what the model number is.

Sorry, Larry.  The model # for the Magnavox 51" widescreen referenced above is 51MP392H/17.  Sorry for the omission.

KoniChagwa
I have a AKAI PTH5498 I

I have a AKAI PTH5498 I bought about 4 yrs ago.  The other day my wife turned it on watched it for a little while then left the room.  She came back after about fifteen minutes and the picture was bent at the top and bottom bby about 1 1/2 inches.  There are a few white horizontal lines at the top and its solid black at the bottom.  I tried the manual convergence and could only adjust the red.  There is a blue shadow about 1/2 inch on the right of everything.  I vacuumed out the insides and it looks a little better but not anything significant.  If I watch anything that is widescreen, when the screen is white, the colors curve up and down across the bottom.  Ive had no problems with the tv untill now.  I would appreciate any help.

Pages

Connect With Techlore