Mitsubishi WD52525 Blinking Green Light

161 posts / 0 new
Last post
orion23
Mitsubishi WD52525 Blinking Green Light

My mitsubishi WD52525 TV is 3.5 years old.  About 3 weeks ago, I turned it on and it got a message on the screen which indicated that I should order a new bulb.  Then the gray screen turned dark.  I tried turning on repeatedly, because I could not believe it was really dead.  I had the authorized mitsubishi repairman come out to fix it.  He did some diagnostics with the bulb door block open.  Then he eventually said that it needed a cap kit  and it would cost me approximately $800.  I almost passed out, because I paid close to $4K for my TV.   The repairman said that someone would have to come out and pick up the TV.  I told him to hold off on the repairs for now.  I wanted to think about it and get back to him.  He charged me $100 for the diags.  After checking around on internet, I learned that lots of others had this same problem, the blinking green light, then powers off with a blinking amber light.  I decided that I might be able to fix it myself.  But I need the procedure for removing the DM board and the service manual to locate the board and the type of caps.  I am new to soldering boards, but I am technical and I am surround with a lot of expert board level techs.

So if anyone can send me the procedure and service manual (WD52525) for resolving this problem I would be very grateful.   My email is [email protected]

orion23
If Larry knows how to fix. I

If Larry knows how to fix. I hope he responds to my appeal for help. Being without my TV has been very painful.

cmmedlen
Larry;

Larry;

I too am having a problem with my Mitsubishi WD-62525 TV not powering up having the green blinking light issue, that then goes red. I replaced the bulb and it still didn't work. I'm new to this site which looks very useful. How can I get access to the repair manuals that walk me through the triubleshooting are repair of the DM module?

Thanks for your help!

Mark

Larry Dillon
There is no service manual to

There is no service manual to "walk you through" the repair. I do have a document with pictures of bad capacitors but you will need to know how to find the right boards and how to solder. If you left an e-mail address, i could send you what I have. Good Luck

cmmedlen
Larry;

Larry;

Thanks. My e-mail address is [email protected]

pozey
Larry Dillon said: There is

Larry Dillon said: There is no service manual to "walk you through" the repair. I do have a document with pictures of bad capacitors but you will need to know how to find the right boards and how to solder. If you left an e-mail address, i could send you what I have. Good Luck

Larry,

I have seen where you have helped others with the issue of the continuous blinking green light on the Mitsubishi WD52525.

Could you please send me any documentation you have on a resolution to this issue?  My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks.

rustyscout
Mr. Dillon,

Mr. Dillon,
I too have the dreaded blinking green timer light of death. I have followed this thread since my mits wd-52525 started doing last week. I am technical and have replace many caps in my audio gear and would appreciate the info you are willing to share in fixing my TV. My kids can't watch there cartoons and I cannot afford a repairman to fix my tv. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,
Rustyscout
[email protected]

suzy2341
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I have the same blinking green light problem on my Mitsubishi WD52525. We just had the DM board replaced in March 2008. We thought we'll be good now but after a thunderstorm this green light nightmare started . Can you please email me the instructions also, I would really appreciate your help
my email is [email protected]

Thank you, S

spf
This Mitsubishi party is

This Mitsubishi party is going to need a bigger blog soon. I have located several other blogs also so there are clearly thousands of people (victims) of this issue.

Larry, you are the man. Please send me the phone number of your favorite pizza joint or restaurant, then if you would be so kind as to forward whatever docs and notes you have collected for the Mits WD-62825 to [email protected]. I'll take the time to document the process, tools, etc. and post on a website for others.

Thank you.

Steve

bartman1
I have the same problem and a

I have the same problem and a buddy who is an ICB tech. Any chance you could send the repair info to me as well. Also, where do you buy the caps? Do you have part numbers?

r p f @ s u r e w e s t . n e t

bartman1
I have the same problem and a

I have the same problem and a buddy who is an ICB tech. Any chance you could send the repair info to me as well. Also, where do you buy the caps? Do you have part numbers?

r p f @ s u r e w e s t . n e t

Rochelle
We too are having problems.

We too are having problems. We just had our second lamp go out in 4 years. This time we want to replace it ourselves since my husband watched the repair man do it about two years ago. Fry's wants $250.00 for the lamp, but I am finding it on-line much cheaper. What do you all think about buying it online? I'm worried that when we install it, it still may not work, but we won't know if the lamp was damaged in transit or if the problem is really something else like a bad capaciter. I love this site! Thank you.

dmedina
Could you please send me any

Could you please send me any documentation you have on a resolution to th is green light issue? My e-mail address is [email protected]

Thank you in advance.

dmedina
Could you please send me any

Could you please send me any documentation you have on a resolution to this green light issue? My e-mail address is [email protected]
thanks in advance

mx2one
Could you please send me

Could you please send me documentation also, which would help in resolving the blinking green timer led issue? My email is: [email protected] much appreciated.

hitechguy
Hello Larry - I also am

Hello Larry - I also am having a similar problem with my MITSUBISHI WD 52525. The unit will shut off and the blinking light green goes for 1 minute. Could you send me what ever details I can use to fix? I have heard to send the chassy to MFG to have repaired? Thanks in advance.
[email protected]

pawpawsd
Larry... I too have the

Larry... I too have the blinking green light of death on my WD-52525. Could you please send me the doc?

Thanks!

pawpawsd
Sorry Larry! Here's my

Sorry Larry! Here's my address: [email protected]

hitechguy
My address is scott@shevans

My address is [email protected] , seeking the same information. Thanks

3badgirls
Larry Dillon said: On it's

Larry Dillon said: On it's way Posey. Good Luck!

Hi Larry,

Can I get it too? [email protected]

(I'm new to this website but my TV has been out for a few weeks and it sounds like the same problem everyone here is having.)

John Pisanello
i need help fixing green

i need help fixing green flashing light

DeannaDM
I'd like the information as

I'd like the information as well.
mwplagge AT hotmail DOT com

I've done repairs on lcds before but getting to those boards is proving to be a pretty big undertaking. I'm amazed at the problems caused by batches of bad capacitors and how many products are affected.

Larry Dillon
sound like it could be a

sound like it could be a pretty scarymovie!A week when all of a sudden a force from outer space made some types and values of capcitors to be damaged, knocking out comunications world wide, computers, cars, everything including all models of Mitsubishi TV sets mmm ould be a screen play?, not for nothin but I did hear recently, thre are a few models of h mitshubishi TV set where Mitshubishi knows of over 100 bad capacitors, not all at once , ones they do go bad at different time spands.they will repair/rebuild the set for aout 300 bucks, Im told.

wayne f
I have the blinking green

I have the blinking green light. I have reset, unpluged, etc. still blinking. Can you help?

Indyfreelancer
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Could you please email the info on fixing the green blinking light of death. I have the WD-62525 if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
[email protected]

Zamboni33
Same problem with my

Same problem with my Mitsubishi big screen... any diagnostics or help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. [email protected]

Thank you

michael13323
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

My WD52525 has had same blinking problem. Please send me info of how to fix it please.

my email is maybaypv at gmail.com

Thank you very much in advance. I'm new to this site. so if I am missing something please point out.

Michael

DeannaDM
Larry, have you had a chance

Larry, have you had a chance to send anything to me, yet? ([email protected]).

My parents had an estimate by a repair technician. He was going to replace the light and do some diagnostics. No mention of replacing any capacitors or boards which is what is probably needed to fix the problem. My parents have already replaced the light so they know it isn't that. Seems silly that a mitsubishi technician wouldn't know about this issue. The estimate was for $1000. They bought a new tv so the old one is mine to fix now.

Howard C.
I have been having the

I have been having the blinking green light problem for the last year or two - I have to unplug it, wait for between 30 seconds and a minute, plug it back in and pray that it will come up properly. It finally got bad enough that I replaced the 4 caps on the DM board on our 2004 WD52625 unit. That turned into an entire evening's work! Had to take the whole electronics cage apart and separate the boards, including four ribbon cables between the DM board and another. I used to repair televisions years ago, and this was one of the more difficult ones I've encountered.

Anyway, it seemed to help the problem, but not eliminate it. There may be other capacitors with the same problem. It now only takes 3 or 4 unplug/plug-in cycles to get it running.

I just called Nebraska Furniture Mart where we bought it and we still have a year left on the extended warranty, so sometime this year I will call it in as a service request. I've read that you can be without the television for up to 6 weeks for this fix, so I wanted to wait until after winter when we aren't watching as much. I put it on a UPS to keep it running until then, since it seems to happen when we have a brief (few second) power outage.

Howard

Bradrick
Does the company have display

Does the company have display of there product i own a PC/TV and tell my co-worker about it but can,t fine any picture on the net

Melisra24
Hi Larry it seems like Im

Hi Larry it seems like Im having the same blinking green light problem, could you please send me the documentation?? Id really aprecciate it! my tv is a Mitsubishi 65 in WS-55615

[email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore