Last post
nicoma
Hi Larry

Hi Larry
I guess I'm stupid or ignorant or both but I guess you don't respond to
questions,...I thought that is what you do...How do I find the answere's,
oh oh thats another QUESTION, threads..what's a thread? I need an answere,
add a comment..latest comment..previous..I just need a manuel/schematic
that's all.. I can't find one.. thanks ..I Love You Man...
Ken

Matt Whitlock
nicoma said: Hi Larry I guess

nicoma said: Hi Larry I guess I'm stupid or ignorant or both but I guess you don't respond to questions,...I thought that is what you do...How do I find the answere's, oh oh thats another QUESTION, threads..what's a thread? I need an answere, add a comment..latest comment..previous..I just need a manuel/schematic that's all.. I can't find one.. thanks ..I Love You Man... Ken

TechLore is a peer-to-peer forum, where users help other users.  Larry is a member of this site, just like you. He graciously donates his time to help users as often as he can, but he's no more obligated to help you than you are to mow your neighbor's lawn.

In fact, watching all of you completely ignore our posting guidelines and attack Larry for free help is pretty disappointing. Perhaps we should charge a service fee so Larry actually gets something for his time and isn't completely taken advantage of.

Forum 101: This post that I'm making right now is a comment. This comment is part of a discussion 'thread.' Like discussion threads live in a Forum Topic, which how the forum is categorized. So, it goes Forum --> Topic --> Thread --> Comment.

All the manuals available are posted in the downloads section of the Technician's group: http://www.techlore.com/group/2/Technician-s-Corner/

Ryo_Ohki2
nicoma said:

nicoma said:
Hi Larry
I guess I'm stupid or ignorant or both but I guess you don't respond to
questions,...I thought that is what you do...How do I find the answere's,
oh oh thats another QUESTION, threads..what's a thread? I need an answere,
add a comment..latest comment..previous..I just need a manuel/schematic
that's all.. I can't find one.. thanks ..I Love You Man...
Ken

You little of both when you come to getting upset with Larry.  This is not his job, he's not paid to help YOU fix your TV.  He's doing this because he likes helping.  He's not always on so he can't respond and cater to you needs.  This is a free service to take it or leave it.  You can always go somewhere else to get the manual.

Side note, the manual doesn't have a complete detail schematic if that's what your looking for.  It has block diagrams of the major components being interconnected.

nicoma
At least my negative approach

At least my negative approach did get responce from supporter's of Larry,
that is great and you know what, Larry should get paid for what he does.
Ken

Larry Dillon
thanks ken:>) and if you do

thanks ken:>) and if you do not like how I do this YOU DO IT!!!!!!

Ryo_Ohki2
I felt like I had to chime in

I felt like I had to chime in as well due to that guy's comments. Larry is a good guy.

Hope you're doing well.

MY
Hello All,

Hello All,

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52725 with a continuously blinking green light. I have read the other comments on the blog and wonder if someone can provide an update (the last entry was Aug 08) to what looks to be an old problem. Is Mitsubishi offering any support?

Thanks,

Michael

MY
Hello All,

Hello All,

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52725 with a continuously blinking green light that will not reset. I have read the other comments on the blog and wonder if someone can provide an update (the last entry was Aug 08) to what looks to be an old problem. Is Mitsubishi offering any support?

Thanks,

Michael

MY
Hello All,

Hello All,

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52725 with a continuously blinking green light that will not reset. I have read the other comments on the blog and wonder if someone can provide an update (the last entry was Aug 08) to what looks to be an old problem. Is Mitsubishi offering any support?

Thanks,

Michael

Larry Dillon
I will need someplace to send

I will need someplace to send the stuff too??????E-mail would be great!!

rlynch131
Larry, you are obiously a

Larry, you are obiously a busy man, but I would be gratefull if you could also send me the repair info fo my WD-52725. the address is: [email protected]

Thank yo!!

jtbernier
rlynch131 said: Larry, you

rlynch131 said: Larry, you are obiously a busy man, but I would be gratefull if you could also send me the repair info fo my WD-52725. the address is: [email protected] Thank yo!!

I appreciate all the work Larry has done to help us with our Mits DLPs.  If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have been able to fix mine.

But I was able to locate all of the documents on my own by thumbing through this thread.  I didn't need to badger Larry to send them to me.  In fact, they are available in the download section,

Here are the link, please help yourselves...

http://www.techlore.com/download/25253/Mitsubishi-WD-5xxx-DLP-Repair-Guide/

http://www.techlore.com/download/25244/Mitsubishi-Service-Manual-WD-52525-62525-52725-62725-52825-62825/

br1dmb
Hello,

Hello,

I have a WD 52525 DLP and it is a little over 4 years old. When ever I turn it on, I get a blue screen, with a bright light in the middle. The screen flickers and I can not get a signal. I have tried multiple inputs and multiple devices (DVD, satelite) and nothing is working. Can someone help me diagnose the problem or send me the service manual. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Larry Dillon
http://www.techlore.com

http://www.techlore.com/download/25244/Mitsubishi-Service-Manual-WD-5252... ya go. I have attached the documents you requested including the factory service manual so you can see how the TV set comes apart and also when you fix your TV set, you can see how the front screen comes off so you can clean the mirrors and lens. First Check the input video diodes. You will find them on the FMT board upper left hand corner. D8F00 PART # 264P828010-diode-DAN202U/MA142W
D8FO1 " " " " "same part number C8F26 " 141P148000 CER (B25K-1M-K) C8F29 " " " ""same part number Formater board #930B924001, on that board there are 5 caps 1000 ufd 35v that commonly go bad.
Replace all caps that are swollen,to Resolve your checker pattern problem:1. Tile or block pattern replace D8F00 and D8F01 part # 264P828010, also replace C8F26 and C8F29 part # 141P148000 (1 uFD, 25 V) on the FMT PCB (part # 930B924002).
The diodes have a stripe (line) that is the cathode, at one end of the device; the board will reflect that line. De solder as best as you can, glue is under the diodes, heat one end, while prying up, heat other end. It will come off with moderate to mid high heat I hope this helps I assume that when you turn on the TV the screen lights up with some pattern. If not then you need to re look at the supply board and the DM board. I would recommend that you replace all the caps that are called for in the repair information Even if the caps look good they may still be week from the heat drying the electrolyte up. Replace them all with new ones they're cheap. This covers any that don't show signs of bulging. You should have a blink light when you first plug in the set wait for 3 to 5 min the light should stop blinking. Turn on TV and the light should be solid green. You should have a full screen if it works with picture if you have an input hooked up. If not you should see snowy or blank screen. If you cannot locate the capacitors, go to mouser.com, the link is at the bottom of the page. They will have what you need. DO
NOT USE RADIO SHACK CAPACITORS!! They are not the high temp. types and will blow up your TV set in a matter of months. Be sure to check all of the pictures and all of the caps before ordering, as you might be ordering several, as I have replaced as many as 15 in one DLP TV set before she worked. If you do repair your TV set,. Good Luck Go here to find the right capacitors you need: at least two of the 3300 caps and at least 10 to 12 1000MFD caps.http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=140-HTRL16V1000-RC%09 And http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=N98n18CgKlweB%252bCgT..., you can also contact me directly here if you need any assistance. Another thing If you replace all of the capacitors and the set still does not work Suspect the DM PCB part # 934C116002 also Try removing the USB connector on the chassis and power up. If the blinking stops after 70 secs, then the reader is badanother trick is to,Try disconnecting the FC connector to the FMT board and power up. If the blinking stops after 70 secs, then suspect the FMT card. or the caps on this board if all else fails: Locate the DM board and remove the connector labeled "FC". Plug in your TV and wait for the hard drive fan to turn on, then off a few times and the LED will finally go out. If it has no hard drive just watch the green LED Now, plug the "FC" connector back in, and go watch TV! The only gotcha is that if you remove the power from the wall, you have to repeat the procedure. You can put a toggle switch between the orange wire that goes into the "FC" connector. This way, you can remotely do the reset. The DM is still broken, but this bypasses whatever check is done
1. Red status LED, self-diagnosis error 44, check for open F9A06 on the Power PCB part # 283P128050 on the Power PCB 2. Red lamp LED, self diagnosis error 34. Check for 5-volts DC at J-9 connector pin 1 and 2 on the Engine Driver PCB if missing replace the Power PCB part # 930B921001 3. LED stops blinking after 70 seconds of plug in but will not power on. This model is equipped with a keyboard lock feature, this can be mistaken as a no power condition. To unlock the keyboard press and hold the "menu" button on the front panel for 10 seconds 4. LED stops blinking after 70 seconds of plug in but will not power on. Check for 3.2 volts DC at connector LE pin 3 and 4 on the Control PCB, if low suspect problems with the switches/buttons on the Control PCB part # 935D776001 5. LED stops blinking after 70 seconds of plug in but will not power on. Keyboard is not locked and key inputs at connector LE pin 3 and 4 check good. Suspect the E2P PCB part # 934C121001 6. (LED does not stop blinking after plug in) Disconnect the USB connector from the card reader to the front from the Chassis, if the LED stops blinking after 70 seconds replace the Card Reader part # 299P271010. 7. (LED does not stop blinking after plug in) Disconnecting the USB connector from the Card Reader did not help. Remove connector FC from the FMT PCB and plug the unit in, if the LED stops blinking after 70 seconds with FC removed suspect a problem on the FMT PCB (part # 930B924001), if the LED keeps blinking with connector FC removed suspect a problem on the DM PCB (part # 934C116001). 8. (LED does not stop blinking after plug in) On the DM PCB (part # 934C116001) check C81A2, C81A3, C81B3 and C81B4 (1000 UFD, 16V, 105C), if any are bad, replace all of them with part # 181P734030 (680 uFD, 16V, 105C) See Service Tip VS-78A 9. (LED does not stop blinking after plug in) On the FMT PCB check C8F19, C8F21, C8F22, and C8F27 (16V 1000 UFD 105C), if any are bad, replace all of them with part # 181P734030 (680 uFD, 16V, 105C). See Service Tip VS-78A

Lee75
Larry-

Larry-

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52575 with the same blinking light problem. Pushing the reset stops the blinking, but it returns as soon as the reset button is released. The Power Board has been replaced. From previous messages, I guess my next step would be the DM board. Could you please send me the information on capacitor replacement and any other tips that might be useful? Thanks very much.

Lee

rlynch131
Hi all,

Hi all,

I do not have the BGLOD, but instead have horizontal scrolling lines. I have replaced all of the 1000u caps and inspected all of the boards for other swollen caps. No fix. The TV is a WD-52725. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it? Please help,

Thanks,

-Ron

Larry Dillon
Yes, Ron, you most likely

Yes, Ron, you most likely have several more bad caps that are bad. to get all the info you need for this model, go to the resources tab, then the technicians corner.

jeffl
Hi Larry, I have had the

Hi Larry, I have had the blinking green problem for awhile now. If I unplug and plug back in several times I was able to get it to come on and no i dont shut off at all, but now i have another problem. I chnaged the lamp and now I have sound but no picture and the lamp led light is orange. I tried 2 lamps to make sure. Have any idead what to check next? Thanks in advance

jeffl
Hi Larry, I have had the

Hi Larry, I have had the blinking green problem for awhile now. If I unplug and plug back in several times I was able to get it to come on and now i dont shut off at all, but now i have another problem. I changed the lamp and now I have sound but no picture and the lamp led light is orange. I tried 2 lamps to make sure. Have any idea what to check next? Thanks in advance

Larry Dillon
nope check all the caps on

nope check all the caps on the power supply board and see if any are swollen on the tops. if you left an e-mail I could have sent you the repair docs that shows where all the bad caps are!
Larry

Lee75
This is for Larry. I thought

This is for Larry. I thought I had posted my email address for you send the repair data, but I do not see it posted, so I'll try again. My email is [email protected]. I already have the service manual, so don't bother with that. Thanks very much for all you do.

Lee

darylb
Hey Larry, I also have a

Hey Larry, I also have a Mitsu. WD52525 with the blinking green light issue. would you be so kind to send me any repair info and capacitor quanities and supplier links that I would need? Thanks in advance!!! This would help a great deal!
email..... [email protected]

darylb
Thanks for the reply email

Thanks for the reply email Larry, Do you have a link where I could download the files or send them in separate files?
Thanks for your help Larry, I really do appreciate any info you could give me.

Daryl.

rbotz
Hey Larry, I also have a

Hey Larry, I also have a Mitsu. WD52525 with the blinking green light issue. would you be so kind to send me any repair info, thanks Robert. "[email protected]"

PrecisionECU
Hello guys,

Hello guys,
I am having the same problem on my fathers WD-52525 thing will not power on,i get the blinking green light. it has been disassembled according to the manual,i replaced about 12 between all the boards in this case and am still getting the same problem.(old caps were swollen at the tops) If you could send me some information on where to look exactly(larry) that would be awosome!

My email is [email protected]
Thanks very much!

mayfids
i also have a wd 52525 with

i also have a wd 52525 with swollen caps on the power board. would love to have info on repair. service manual, recommended replacement caps and where to buy. [email protected] thanks.

MGill4033
I have a WD 52825 that has

I have a WD 52825 that has the GBLOD problem.  I had a different problem a while back (purple wavy lines) that I paid to get fixed.  TV worked for a month then the GBLOD happened.  I am hesitant to spend much more money on this TV.  Can someone send me the repair instructions at [email protected].  Thanks.

rlynch131
MGill4033 said: I have a WD

MGill4033 said: I have a WD 52825 that has the GBLOD problem.  I had a different problem a while back (purple wavy lines) that I paid to get fixed.  TV worked for a month then the GBLOD happened.  I am hesitant to spend much more money on this TV.  Can someone send me the repair instructions at [email protected].  Thanks.

I had the GBLOD and fixed that, now I have the wavy purple lines.

I replaced ALL the 1000uF capacitors 12 in total I think. That fixed my GBLOD problem

Can you let me know what was replaced to fix the wavy lines?

Thanks,

PrecisionECU
did you check the Capacitors

did you check the Capacitors on the Power supply located on the front of the rack? Also it is possible some of the Smaller capacitors are bad as well( this is not only a problem with mitsubishi tv's but also with their CARS. the ECUs tend to go bad due to leaking capacitors.

There are probebly close to 100 of those lil guys in there start by checking over each one for signs of bubbleing or oozing.

hope you get it going,i just fixed my fathers with this same problem,(was a nice fathers day gift)

Take care

Mike1324
Hey guys, Looks like im in

Hey guys, Looks like im in the same boat, was getting a blue screen earlier today, so i tried using the reset button now i have a permanent blinking green timer light (wd-52525) If i could get the instructions that would be great. [email protected] thanks

Pages

Connect With Techlore